New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default [Feat] Work Smarter, Not Harder

Work Smarter, Not Harder
    It would take a lot of time and effort to cheat your way into enough feats to learn everything the 'right' way, both in and out of character. But since you're not being limited to official sources anyway, why bother with all that effort? Just take what you want!

Prereq: must possess at least two flaws that minimally impact your playstyle
    Effect: You instantly learn every spell and power that's ever been written for any d20 system compatible with D&D 3.5 edition. That includes PF1, d20 Modern, FFd20, homebrew nonsense - all of it. Additionally, you gain one bonus feat.
    Special: Ain't you just?

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [Feat] Work Smarter, Not Harder

... This feels oddly targeted towards players who use flaws. Mostly flaws minimally impact builds. Vulnerable is -1 AC and isn't incredibly relevant to most builds as a 5% more chance of being hit is pretty minimal.

Do you just hate flaws or is there some joke I am missing here? Flaws aren't even unofficial, they are just a variant rule and its up to the DM to allow or disallow them.
    Last edited by Silva Stormrage; 2024-03-26 at 08:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazuki View Post
    ...Silva, you are a scary person.
    Awesome Avatar by Derjuin

My Homebrew: Here
    The Necromantic Codex: A collection of necromancy classes, items and monsters.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

If I know AV like I think I do, this isn't malicious in nature, and is far more mocking and for a tongue in cheek giggle.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silva Stormrage View Post
    ... This feels oddly targeted towards players who use flaws. Mostly flaws minimally impact builds. Vulnerable is -1 AC and isn't incredibly relevant to most builds as a 5% more chance of being hit is pretty minimal.

Do you just hate flaws or is there some joke I am missing here? Flaws aren't even unofficial, they are just a variant rule and its up to the DM to allow or disallow them.
    I use flaws a lot, because most characters are feat-starved. This post is...not about flaws. This was prompted by a 3.x subforum discussion seeking out abilities like this that could grant access to any spell/power that's ever been written for 3.X stuff. This was a tongue-in-cheek "this is pretty easy if homebrew is on the table" answer.

Initially the pre-req was more...personally targeted and tbh mean-spirited. Now it's just a general wave at a common "forum optimizer" dog whistle.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

5. - Top - End - #5
    Firbolg in the Playground

Look, it's not even like knowing a spell or power lets one use it without having the right kind of slot/amount of PP! This is just reasonable quality-of-life stuff, and entirely balanced at that![/BLUE]

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    I use flaws a lot, because most characters are feat-starved. This post is...not about flaws. This was prompted by a 3.x subforum discussion seeking out abilities like this that could grant access to any spell/power that's ever been written for 3.X stuff. This was a tongue-in-cheek "this is pretty easy if homebrew is on the table" answer.

Initially the pre-req was more...personally targeted and tbh mean-spirited. Now it's just a general wave at a common "forum optimizer" dog whistle.
    Ah okay I missed that context so I was very confused about where this was coming from. Sorry about that
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazuki View Post
    ...Silva, you are a scary person.
    Awesome Avatar by Derjuin

My Homebrew: Here
    The Necromantic Codex: A collection of necromancy classes, items and monsters.

7. - Top - End - #7

Doesn't even give you a familiar, so it's pretty underpowered.
    Homebrew
    Please feel free to PM me any thoughts on my homebrew (or comment in the thread if it's not too old).

8. - Top - End - #8

Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    Doesn't even give you a familiar, so it's pretty underpowered.
    Right? Hard to survive without one of those. If only the feat increased HD to d20 somehow…

9. - Top - End - #9
    Pixie in the Playground

Seems balanced to me.