New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Dhampire/Vampire melee build

Hi i want to make a pathfinder 1e build that is or resembles a Vampire with focus on melee fighting and self healing through drinking blood. We are using the Automatic Bonus Progression system. I am currently looking at the Dhampir race. I know that the templates for vampires exist but im not sure i would want to use it.

My plan so far is a bloodrager with arcane bloodline, metamagic rager and primalist archetypes. Maybe two lvls in vigilante for racial paragon for diverse palate 1 lvl in sorcerer for the Sanguine bloodline lvl 1 power or exotic eldritch Heritage. I think useing a vampiric weapon and taking the lesser Celestial Totem should provide a bit of heal. What could i add that would fit the vampire theme? Any ideas are welcome :)

rage powers:
    strenght surge
    lesser Celestial Totem

feats:
    power attack
    raging vitality
    iron will
    improved initiative
    qickenspell

I would like to know what options are available. Here are the things i know about
    dhampir racial feats
    Blood Drinker
    Blood Feaster
    Blood Salvage
    Diverse Palate
    Life-Dominant Soul
    Natural Charmer
    fast healer

vampiric/greater vampiric weapons
    magical fangs

vampiric touch

animal fury
    beast totem rage powers
    the spell Daywalker
    Lenses of Darkness

naga bloodline
    Exotic Heritage

items i would consider:
    claok of fangs
    pelt of the beast
    magical tatoos
    cord of stubborn resolve
    ring of sustenance
    Ring of Ancestral Blood Magic
    blood thirsty armor
    spell storing items

All info and advise is appreciated :)
    Last edited by nordsturmking; 2024-03-28 at 03:42 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Dhampire/Vampire melee build

I would suggest sticking with bloodrager, and not trying to combine bloodrager and vigilante and sorc in one build; it doesn't synergize well.

Bloodragers don't really need Quicken, and Iron Will is not a very good feat; other than that, your selection is solid. Are you sure you can get a vampiric weapon at-need?
    Guide to the Magus, the Pathfinder Gish class.

"I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums. I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that." -- ChubbyRain
    Crystal Shard Studios - Freeware games designed by Kurald and others!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

Thanks for the tips. This char is gonna join a party at lvl 11 or maybe even higher sorry i should have mentioned that.

what would you take instead of quicken and iron will?

For healing i might take the Life-Dominant Soul feat. With the grater vampiric wepon and lesser Celestial Totem power the char can heal 70hp in combat. Between encounters he can heal with the Sanguine bloodline lvl 1 power.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

I had the idea of building my own race with the Creating New Races rules. Undead would be 16 RP -1RP for Light Sensitivity ans -2RP for Light Blindness. I really like this idea because its a true undead charakter then. My GM would be fine with it if i make it balanced. Maybe i could be lvl 9 instead of 10 like the other player or some thing. What do you think about the whole idea?