New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: Dnd 3.5 - The Hunt for the Holy Grail.

Not sure if it would be relevant to your character choice, Dusk Raven, but in the 2E Ravenloft Van Richten's Guide to the Ancient Dead, it says that there are different stages of mummy. The first stage, for recently created mummies, they could be mistaken for mortals, as they have yet to start to decay. And the wrappings are able to be removed. At least according to Van Richten. I think early stage liches may be the same, but I haven't read that Guide in some time.
    Last edited by paradox26; 2024-04-14 at 12:41 PM.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ban View Post
    How much is a Greathorn Minotaur Hammer? I ask because there is no listed price in MMV.
    Yup no listed price, the closest is the Goliath great hammer, but it does not have the same crit range, but it at least has a price

3. - Top - End - #33
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

WIP for Sir Anger, Ghost Fighter/MotUH

Background in progress as well, but the general idea right now is a commander who led a failed invasion of the city long ago and has been rattling around making trouble ever since.

Cheese potential: Given at-will telekinesis, it needs to be mentioned that I'm not planning on throwing 17 greatswords at a time. This guy will be good at pushing people around and breaking things and that's about it. He might hurl his own weapon at some point but that's just the 1. (If I could throw a cow, I would, but I don't think it's possible.)

Spoiler: Background
    Show
    There aren’t many reminders of one of the darkest periods in _____’s history, when the Night Legions sacked the city and held it for years before being driven out by the same church that runs things now.

There are the trophies, of course, and a few forgotten black altars hidden behind the walls of the citadel. And, far below the water at the bottom of a chasm underneath a collapsed bridge, there are the remains of Captain Caborn Hollis.

Hollis, when he lived, was a loyal soldier of the Legion and completely assured of its victory against the forces of light. So he remained guarding the bridge, as he was ordered to, even as others abandoned the citadel as the crusaders pressed in. He never heard the invocation that shattered the stone beneath him, sending him toppling into the abyss.

His consciousness returned some time later — he’s not sure how long. More shocking than viewing his own corpse was the realization that the Legion had been driven out. He still refuses to accept it — that defiance be the animating force behind his undeath — and for years has kept up a solitary war against the invaders of his city.

For the most part, it’s been a pretty unsuccessful war, confined to smashing holy sites, moaning frightfully and occasionally tossing a sentry off a parapet. Other guards have seen him, a visage in ectoplasmic armor (or sometimes the real thing) and have dubbed him “Sir Anger,” the citadel’s resident ghost. This makes him even more furious.
    Last edited by Rilem; 2024-04-16 at 06:06 PM.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Barbarian in the Playground

I assume Ghost is an allowed template?

If so
    The ghost also gains a manifestation ability plus one to three other special attacks as described below.
    do they gain 1, 2 or 3 special attacks? Or is it a roll?

edit: darn, I hadn't refreshed the page, someone just started a Master of the Unseen Hand
    Last edited by namo; 2024-04-14 at 02:35 PM.
    "Even gods must learn to control their tempers, lest they set a bad example."
    The Malazan Book of the Fallen, Steven Erikson

5. - Top - End - #35
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

do they gain 1, 2 or 3 special attacks? Or is it a roll?
    Savage Progressions (which is what I used in the MotUH guy), spells it out more clearly: It gives 1 lesser power (selected from a list) at 2nd level and then either a greater power (from a different list) or 2 lesser ones at level 4.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground

(4d6b3)[14]
    (4d6b3)[17]
    (4d6b3)[15]
    (4d6b3)[9]
    (4d6b3)[7]
    (4d6b3)[10]
    (4d6b3)[13]

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Quote Originally Posted by namo View Post
    I assume Ghost is an allowed template?
    okay I checked and the (MM p117) Ghost Lvl +5 please use this as the srd is not always accurate
    as for the The ghost also gains a manifestation ability plus one to three other special attacks as described below : portion just roll a random 1d3 and choose - or I will just pick 1 of them at random.

Quote Originally Posted by paradox26 View Post
    Can I have a (un)dead parrot as a familiar?
    Just kidding, though it would be perfect for a Pythonesque game.
    having looked at the possible familiars that could be I found Parrot MMI p278 - okay sure it can be (UN)dead

Quote Originally Posted by Rilem View Post
    Savage Progressions (which is what I used in the MotUH guy), spells it out more clearly: It gives 1 lesser power (selected from a list) at 2nd level and then either a greater power (from a different list) or 2 lesser ones at level 4.
    I am not a fan of savage progression or how Savage Species lays out many of the monsters into levels
    Please Do Not Use It.
    Last edited by samduke; 2024-04-14 at 04:00 PM.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by samduke View Post
    I am not a fan of savage progression or how Savage Species lays out many of the monsters into levels
    Please Do Not Use It.
    No problem, sheet now updated with LA+5 Ghost

(1d3)[1] Ghost Powers (Telekinesis, obviously)
    Last edited by Rilem; 2024-04-14 at 04:03 PM.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Troll in the Playground

I accept Deathknight as LA+5 , you will need to convert that damage reduction 15/+1 to I believe it is
    DR 10/magic
    notation the Undead Followers: portion you would not benefit from as it is a leadership effect - which I have banned.

the Summon Mount (Su): will follow the same rules as the paladins special mount rule - except you are evil ( No nightmares as mounts sorry)
    That's fine by me. I wasn't going to use it anyway. Too much bookkeeping. :P
    "Don't think of it as dying," said Death,
    "Just think of it as leaving early to avoid the rush."

10. - Top - End - #40

(1d3)[2] ghost abilities

11. - Top - End - #41
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk Raven View Post
    Well, in that case... to give an example of how edgy this character is... while her given name is Meridith, in her earlier years as a necromancer, she often insisted on being called Merideath. I was going to have it so that she's now embarrassed by that name, and much of her edgy rebellious teen phase... but perhaps for this campaign, she's still like that, perhaps even worse. After all, if a 18th-level necromancer wishes to be addressed as "Lady Merideath Darkblossom, Witch of Death and Decay," most people are not going to do otherwise. The more powerful you are, the more people will let you be a goofball.

...Speaking of character peculiarities, Lady Darkblossom would like to be able to use magic of some sort to still look human. I don't know if Alter Self will accomplish that for an undead. Disguise self may work, but her flesh would still feel... "dry, withered, and powdery," as a Necropolitan. Assuming anyone tried to touch her, anyway. And I'm not sure how easily I could get those spells as Dread Necromancer, anyway. Not sure what other options I've got, though... anyone have suggestions? Whether for magic, or undead creatures capable of looking human, or at least semi-alive? Yes, Vampire is the obvious choice, but that LA...
    Vampire Spawn?

12. - Top - End - #42
    Bugbear in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Vampire Spawn?
    Problem with that is a) VS' are usually enslaved to a full vampire, and b) they have a level adjustment of -, and I think this is because upon becoming a vampire spawn, a creature loses all racial and class abilities and can't get new ones. In any event, creatures with no level adjustment (as opposed to 0) are not allowed in this game. Nor are creatures with a level adjustment, although I have no idea what monsters would have that. Never seen a negative LA outside of the LA-assignment threads, which I wish we were using since official LAs, especially for evil creatures, tend to be overinflated. Or so I've read.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potato_Priest View Post
    Honestly, most players would get super excited about Zenob the god of crabs because it's eccentric. I know I would.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
    But a friendly reminder that, by RAW, this game is unplayable

13. - Top - End - #43
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Curst seem to have ok skin, though it’s very pale, and just +3LA. The madness and spell vulnerability hurt, though.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Don’t forget to look at the Curst’s stat penalties too Rilem. They are substantial.
    Last edited by paradox26; 2024-04-15 at 10:43 AM.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Oh yeah, they’re a mess. Never mind. If all you want is good skin tone it might be best try to get Disguise Undead on your spell list, pick up Living Masks (ghostwalk) or just invest in Disguise ranks; with a good Cha and maybe a level dip you could get that modifier up there.
    Last edited by Rilem; 2024-04-15 at 10:54 AM.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

I don’t think we are trying to hide what we are in the least. Now if that’s an individual character thing no worries but in terms of the party and the game we aren’t try to integrate with “normal” society.
    I like the globe warm...

If you live for people's acceptance you will die from their rejection.

Remember, no matter how hot she is, someone, somewhere is tired of her crap.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Necropolitan Muckdweller (Serpent Kingdoms, Monstrous humanoid LA 0) built entirely around the craven feat to unlive eternally as a coward! Would that work?

18. - Top - End - #48
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

Probably a stupid question, but can the items we deduct from our starting gold be enchanted, assuming we also pay for the enchantment?

19. - Top - End - #49
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Probably a stupid question, but can the items we deduct from our starting gold be enchanted, assuming we also pay for the enchantment?
    So if you buy a Longsword, you can enchant it, at cost. Not every item can be enchanted though
    Last edited by samduke; 2024-04-15 at 03:31 PM.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Orc in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Bring on the monty
    Well, this is not what I was expecting when I first saw the thread title. But I love it, it’s even better than I thought.

Now to see about all the crazy options for undead templates, and whether I can find an idea that will work. Always wanted to play a vampire, but wow that LA. Still, there’s gotta be some fun low-op builds out there for undead.

Question, what churches exist in this setting? Thinking undead characters might have some connections to the divine. Do we know what religion is sending forces against us?

Spoiler: Die rolls
    Show

1: (4d6b3)[11]
    2: (4d6b3)[13]
    3: (4d6b3)[14]
    4: (4d6b3)[12]
    5: (4d6b3)[15]
    6: (4d6b3)[13]
    7: (4d6b3)[13]

21. - Top - End - #51

Spoiler: rolls
    Show
    (4d6b3)[14]
    (4d6b3)[8]
    (4d6b3)[16]
    (4d6b3)[12]
    (4d6b3)[10]
    (4d6b3)[13]
    (4d6b3)[10]

I may change my plans and do a Bard.
    Last edited by namo; 2024-04-16 at 04:59 AM.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Quote Originally Posted by Lioslaith View Post
    I don’t think we are trying to hide what we are in the least. Now if that’s an individual character thing no worries but in terms of the party and the game we aren’t try to integrate with “normal” society.
    you the undead are definitely not hiding what you are, and you definitely are not trying to be one with the normal population

Quote Originally Posted by Goby View Post
    Well, this is not what I was expecting when I first saw the thread title. But I love it, it’s even better than I thought.

Now to see about all the crazy options for undead templates, and whether I can find an idea that will work. Always wanted to play a vampire, but wow that LA. Still, there’s gotta be some fun low-op builds out there for undead.

Question, what churches exist in this setting? Thinking undead characters might have some connections to the divine. Do we know what religion is sending forces against us?
    well when it comes to the template itself I am less concerned about it being low to mid OP and more concerned about any class level combinations that could become something more than mid OP.

Churches there is but only 1 church that you need worry about, and it be the one you the undead plan to assault ect. as undead any connection to the divine would not really be needed, so if you are some sort of undead cleric/paladin ect that needs to worship some sort of deity then just stick with the standard ones listed in the PHB/DMG

what religion is out to rid the world of undead - >tongue in cheek< The church of Caerbannog

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Is anyone building a “converter”? Something that makes undead? That would be fitting punishment for an organization bent on wiping out our kind. Make them undead.
    I like the globe warm...

If you live for people's acceptance you will die from their rejection.

Remember, no matter how hot she is, someone, somewhere is tired of her crap.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Quote Originally Posted by Lioslaith View Post
    Is anyone building a “converter”? Something that makes undead? That would be fitting punishment for an organization bent on wiping out our kind. Make them undead.
    LOL I thought I covered that in the little bit of background -

A few of you have gotten together to seek out the head of the local church and to turn them into one of you at all costs.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

Rolling for ghost abilities.

(1d3)[2]

Horrific appearance and telekinesis.
    Last edited by Psycho Ban; 2024-04-16 at 10:28 AM.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Dwarf in the Playground

Imp

Hi Sammy
    Spoiler: Rolls
    Show

(4d6b3)[8]
    (4d6b3)[10]
    (4d6b3)[14]
    (4d6b3)[16]
    (4d6b3)[7]
    (4d6b3)[9]
    (4d6b3)[12]
    Ouch, lol, damn random rolls :D

Pharao Lady Sobek-Nepheru
    (her nickname is "Lady So-Ne", but only by people she allows and are familiar with her)
    Nutshell:
    Ex-Pharao, after her son took the throne when he was old enough, she kept advising him, although enemy priests conspired against her untill they managed to kill her, when her diety decided to grant her "life" again. She's kept herself to the shadows of society, keeping an eye out on her family and their ongoings.
    When her lair was interfered with for the 12th time, she'd had enough of grave robbers and looters, she's decided a proactive stance was needed. She's taken her funerary chariot and bought herself 2 fresh warhorses, her weapons of choice, and made contact with some of the other undead she is aware of that reside near her tomb.

They city-state her son ruled over was old. Thernak-Tripolis was located around an oasis large enough to support a full city-state.

She adheres to both Hathor and Isis, and mixes the two belief systems into a blend of one, her ethics dictate that she protect her direct family, which she has done so over the years she has existed, she uses divinations to ascertain her priorities of her adversaries and how to combat them. She adamantly tries to balance life, even in death, or undeath as some say, but her wrath is stormy.

She sees the ability to transform into a living Bison as a gracious gift from Hathor, that even when she's undead, she still can experience the beauty of the natural world for some periods of time every day, she enjoys grazing incognito with the herds of Bison that frequent her area, and she makes sure they are not harassed to much by marauding monsters intent on eating her herds. She sees the herds of Bison as an extention of her family.
    Recently she has taken up a hobby of sorts, in the last hundred or so years she has started delving into nature and natural phenomena, so as to better serve the herds of Bison and other wildlife in her area.

Pharao-Lady Sobek-Nepheru died at the hands of assassins when her temple didn't agree with the machinations of the church of "...", it wasn't directly proven to be so, but there were a lot of indirect pieces of proof that implied that the rival church of "..." was at least indirectly responcible.

One of her extended family members, an uncle of her son's wife, was a high member of the church of Anubis, and he was a simple Necropolitan, as were several other priests that were involved in her revivication.
    Spoiler: Master Anubis-Aemon-Suhr, High Priest of Anubis
    Show
    Lvl 15-17 to be able to cast Create Undead to make a Mummy
    had had several dreams telling him, by both visions what he interprets as directly from both Sebek and Anubis, how to go about and make a mummy, one that walks, and he was lead to a site where he found a scroll which contained the arcane ritual to make just such. He and several lower ranking clerics of both Anubis and Sebek did the embalming of her body as was directed by the scripture on the scroll, this was 340 years ago.
    She has meanwhile killed a lot of interlopers together with the few undead priests (they are the lesser priests of several religions, Anubis, Sebek/ Sobek, Osiris, Nephthys and Zoser all of them Necropolitans) that reside in her city, but mainly she is left alone unless they can't handle it, then she comes and dishes out a storm.
    The undead that reside nearby her domain, see her as their Pharao, and treat her as the Undead Pharao, whilst the living one resides and rules over the living population.

Pharao Lady Sobek-Nepheru
    Female N. Mulan Human Mummy , Level 14 (+4), Init 4, HP 168/168, DR 5/-, Speed 20
    AC 33, Touch 13, Flat-footed 31, Fort 13, Ref 13, Will 20, Base Attack Bonus 9.5/ 4.5
    Hathor's Horn, (vs Orcs +20/+15, 3d6+11), 1 reroll/day Short Sword +2, Luck Blade, Orc Bane, Spellblade - Command Undead +18/+13 (1d6+9, 19-20/×2)
    Charging (+2 to hit/ -2 ac, +2d6 Dam) Lance +1 +17+12 (1d8+11, 20/x3)
    Javelin (10) +16 (1d6+7, 20/x2)
    "Pharaonic Scales of Ma'at" ++ Banded mail +2 (+10 Armor, +2 Dex, +10 Natural, +1 Misc)
    Abilities Str 25, Dex 14, Con -, Int 18, Wis 28, Cha 18
    Condition None

Lady So-Ne Bison Form
    Female N. Bison (Mulan Human) , Level , Init 0, HP 168/168, Speed 40
    AC 25, Touch 11, Flat-footed 25, Fort 16, Ref 11, Will 20, Base Attack Bonus 9.5/ 4.5
    Magic Horns +14/+9 (1d8+12, 20/x2)
    Banded mail +4 (+10 Armor, -1 Size, +2 Deflect, +4 Natural)
    Abilities Str 23, Dex 10, Con 16, Int 18, Wis 28, Cha 18
    Condition None

Mummified Creature +4 LA
    Str +8, Int –4 (minimum 1), Wis +4, Cha +4
    Str) 12 +8= 20
    Dex) 13 +1= 14
    Con) -
    Int) 16 -4= 12 +2= 14 +4 Tome= 18
    Wis) 15 +4= 19 +1= 20
    Cha) 13 +4= 17 +1= 18

Hathor (Bison)
    Domains: Family/ Fate/ Moon
    Isis (Giant Eagle)
    Domains: Family/ Magic/ Storm/ Water
    + Balance/ Oracle
    Fav. Wpn; Short Sword

Spoiler: Level Progression
    Show

1) Militant Rogue 1 Bab +3/4, 1/3, 2.5/ 1/3
    Feats:
    Mil.R1) Chariot Combat
    1) Godsight
    H) Able Learner

2) Cleric *(Cloistered) 1 +1/2, 2.5, 1/3, 2.5 (Domains: Knowledge, Family, Storm)
    Caster lvl 1
    Skillpoints: 8+4 (+4 Human) x4= 52

3) Human Paragon 1 +3/4, 1/3, 1/3, 0.5
    3 Feat: Improved Turning
    Adaptive Learning: Know. Religion
    Skillpoints: 4+4+1= 9

4) Human Paragon 2, +1? +3/4, 1/3, 1/3, 0.5
    Caster Lvl 2
    Feat: Scorpion's Resolve
    Skillpoints: 9

5) Human Paragon 3, +2? +3/4, 1/3, 1/3, 0.5
    Caster Lvl 3
    Skillpoints: 9

6) Militant Rogue 2 +3/4, 1/3, 0.5/ 1/3
    6 Feat: Skillfocus - Know. Religion
    Mil.R2) Chariot Sideswipe
    Skillpoints: 8+4+1= 13

7) Militant Rogue 3 +3/4, 1/3, 0.5/ 1/3
    Skillpoints: 13

8) Militant Rogue 4, +1? +3/4, 1/3, 0.5/ 1/3
    Feat: Mil.R4) Chariot Charge
    Skillpoints: 13

9) Divine Oracle 1 +1/2, 1/3, 1/3, 0.5 (Domain: Oracle)
    Caster Lvl 4
    9 Feat: Close-Quarters Fighting
    Skillpoints: 2+4+1= 7

10) Fighter 1 +1 0.5, 1/3, 1/3
    Feat: Rideby Attack
    Skillpoints: 2+2+1= 7

11) Contemplative 1 +1/2, 1/3, 1/3, 0.5 (Domain: Balance)
    Caster lvl 5
    Skillpoints: 2+4+1= 7

12) Glorious Servitor 1, +1? +3/4, 1/3, 1/3, 0.5
    12 Feat: Lifesense

13) Glorious Servitor 2 +3/4, 1/3, 1/3, 0.5

14) Glorious Servitor 3 +3/4, 1/3, 1/3, 0.5

Skillpoints: total 164
    +4 Mummified Cr.

Bab:
    1.5 + 1 + 7= +9.5/ +4.5

Further Level Advancement:
    15) Glorious Servitor 4, Ft) Scorpion's Sense, Tremor sense 10/20 Ft(class +1 Str)
    16) Evolved Undead +1 (+2 Str/ +2 Cha, Fast Healing 3, Greater Dispel Magic or Greater Invisibility)
    17) Fighter 2?, +1 Wisdom Ft) Dodge
    18) Divine Oracle 2 Ft) Sidestep Charge
    19) Gen. Expert 1? Ft) Practiced Spellcaster
    20) Gen. Expert 2?, +1 Wis Ft)
    21) Divine Oracle 3 E.Ft

Spoiler: Items
    Show

450,000 gp
    Gauntlets of Giant Str +4 (16.000)
    Necklace of Wisdom +6 (36.000)
    Wildling Clasp (4.000) (for necklace)
    = 56.000
    Ring of Greater Energy Resistance Fire (30) (44.000) and Anticipation (9.000)= 53.000
    Ring of Positive Protection (36.000) and See Invis (22.500)= 48.500
    =101.500
    "Hathor's Horn" Short Sword of Luck, Bane - Orcs (No wishes, 22,060 +10.000)= 32.060, Spellblade - Command Undead (6.000)
    Lance +1 Charging (8.310)
    =46.370
    "Pharaonic Scales of Ma'at": Banded Mail, +4, Nimble +1, Stamina (Greater, 8.000), Called (2.000), Commander (2.000), Balancing, Improved (11.250) Agility (4.000), Blueshine (1.500)= 25.000 +17.500 +11.250= 53.750

Efficient Quiver (of Ehlona), (1.800)
    =61.550
    ==259.420
    Tome of Clear Thought, (110.000) (+4)
    ==369.420
    Tome of Understanding (55.000) (+2)
    ==424.420
    Sandals of Tracklessness (11.000)
    Vest of Steady Spellcasting (2.500)
    ==437.920

Chariot with Scythes, (400)
    2 Light Warhorses (300)
    Comp. Longbow, Mw, Str 26 (1.200)
    Javelins (10)
    = 1.910
    ==439.830
    Leaves
    =10.170
    Bag of Holding Type I 15 lb. 250 lb. 30 cu. ft. (2,500)
    Leaves
    = 7.670 gp
    Courtier’s Outfit (30)
    = 7.640 gp
    Wildling Clasp (4.000) (for Armour)
    = 3.640

100 Platinum
    2 Blue Fire Opals at 1000 Gp each
    3 Pearls at 100 Gp each
    35 Gold
    50 Silver
    4x ruby dust (worth 50 gp)

4x Vial of unholy water
    4x 25 gp worth (5 pounds) of silver dust

Spoiler: Saves Calculation
    Show

1/3, 2.5/ 1/3
    2.5, 1/3, 2.5

1/3, 1/3, 0.5
    1/3, 1/3, 0.5
    1/3, 1/3, 0.5

1/3, 0.5/ 1/3
    1/3, 0.5/ 1/3
    1/3, 0.5/ 1/3

1/3, 1/3, 0.5
    0.5, 1/3, 1/3
    1/3, 1/3, 0.5
    =
    6, 6.1/3, 6.8/12

1/3, 1/3, 0.5
    1/3, 1/3, 0.5
    1/3, 1/3, 0.5
    =
    1, 1, 1.6/12
    ==
    7, 7.1/3, 10.2/12
    Last edited by Burning Spear; 2024-04-22 at 04:34 PM.
    GNU Sir Terry Pratchett

27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

just to remind players I am not allowing the savage progression style for monsters
    IE
    1st 1d12
    2nd 2d12
    3rd 2d12

you can pick a race and or a single template, which needs to get you to the undead type status
    after that classes/prc's are pretty much open.

noticing a few thoughts towards necropolitans, ghosts, maybe a vampire - looking interesting so far

28. - Top - End - #58
    Dwarf in the Playground

Imp

Are saves/ Bab fractional ? Is int gain retroactive?
    Is int loss later also retroactive? Or not?

Also, another thought,

If undead, and one has a polymorph or shapechange ability, like a Glorious Servitor or Druid (or Mage's Polymorph spell)
    does the undead status port with the newly changed shape?
    Like, as my Glorious Servitor I want to change into a Bison, would my mummy stay on the bison's stats?
    Do I need feats for that or something?
    Last edited by Burning Spear; 2024-04-16 at 08:54 PM.
    GNU Sir Terry Pratchett

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

This looks great.

(4d6b3)[13]
    (4d6b3)[14]
    (4d6b3)[14]
    (4d6b3)[18]
    (4d6b3)[14]
    (4d6b3)[15]
    (4d6b3)[11]

30. - Top - End - #60
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Quote Originally Posted by Burning Spear View Post
    Are saves/ Bab fractional ? Is int gain retroactive?
    Is int loss later also retroactive? Or not?

Also, another thought,

If undead, and one has a polymorph or shapechange ability, like a Glorious Servitor or Druid (or Mage's Polymorph spell)
    does the undead status port with the newly changed shape?
    Like, as my Glorious Servitor I want to change into a Bison, would my mummy stay on the bison's stats?
    Do I need feats for that or something?
    I did not specify fractional bab or saves

Normally I would say skill points are retro, but if somehow you lose int along the way, then you should adjust appropriately

The characters are required to be undead, if polymorph or some other causes a type change, then I am forced to go with not allowing the change.

Research what you may need, it is not my job to do such
    Last edited by samduke; 2024-04-16 at 09:26 PM.