New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: The Drow War Epic 3.5 OOC thread

Yeah, so Reshad doesn’t have true seeing.
    I like the globe warm...

If you live for people's acceptance you will die from their rejection.

Remember, no matter how hot she is, someone, somewhere is tired of her crap.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by samduke View Post
    Metamagic Rod, Persistent
    Price 9,000 gp (lesser), 32,500 gp (normal), 73,000 gp (greater); Weight 5 lbs.
    this was a requested & approved thing as it is in PF1e and an easy thing to implement back to 3.5, where 3.5 has all the others but failed to grab this one.
    The Persistent Spell feat from Pathfinder is 100% different from the one in 3.5E. It's also a +2 spell level adjustment, where Persistent Spell (3.5E) is a +6 level adjustment.
    For reference, a rod of Quicken (normal) costs 75,500gp and Quicken is a +4 adjustment.
    At +6, a Persistent rod would cost upwards of 200k gp (but there's a good reason it was never printed IMHO).

Quote Originally Posted by samduke View Post
    Now I understand Swift (mental) and a 1 swift action casting time - to be different in how they act, similar to immediate and swift in this instance.

if these are using the same "Action" <1 swift action> then I will forgo the wand and ultimately replace that item with something else approved by p26, Otherwise then the wand used and kept.
    Both are swift actions. (And an immediate action on your turn is like a swift action.)
    What "mental" means is that you don't need to speak to activate it (nor move), which is good for stealth or in an area of magical Silence.

If you don't pair Wraithstrike with Power Attack, and in the absence of Giant Size, you can probably keep it; most rounds your swift action might be free.

And that should be the end of rules-heavy posts from me; sorry if it bothered some of you. (Feel free to PM me if so.)

Regarding War Master's Charge:
    at least Yedra, Ivory and Kurnos are taking part - answer pending for Krag / Athaleon

You get a +6 bonus to attack (on top of the +2 to charging, with -2 AC as counterpart) or +8 if Krag joins, and +25 bonus damage.

It's an immediate action, so it consumes your swift in the next round.

edit:
    Regarding coordination:
    I assume we can at least get the Message cantrip cast, which allows for some discreet coordination (e.g. Ivory could whisper "I'm 10ft behing Yedra to the left, 15ft lower"). Yedra doesn't have True Seeing either, but hopefully does not need it. She does have Blindsense 30ft most of the time.
    Last edited by namo; 2024-06-12 at 10:37 AM.
    "Even gods must learn to control their tempers, lest they set a bad example."
    The Malazan Book of the Fallen, Steven Erikson

3. - Top - End - #123
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Yeah, Sam, I will get you to either adjust or reroll your attacks, whatever is easier for you to take into account the lack of Giant Size. Thanks.

I approved the Persistent Rod, though I am unsure as to how big an effect it will have.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Quote Originally Posted by paradox26 View Post
    Yeah, Sam, I will get you to either adjust or reroll your attacks, whatever is easier for you to take into account the lack of Giant Size. Thanks.

I approved the Persistent Rod, though I am unsure as to how big an effect it will have.
    @paradox26
    considering the fact that the rod is / was linked to 3 specific spells which limits it considerably - I doubt that it will matter

I also need your ruling on the following

Belt of Battle: Activation: swift (mental)

Wraithstrike: Casting Time: 1 swift action

Wand of 50 charges, spell trigger
    the Rules Compendium says: that wand activation does 'usually' require a standard action, but It updated the rules so a wand is activated using the action required by the spell contained within.

*Now I understand Swift (mental) and a 1 swift action casting time - to be different in how they act, similar to immediate and swift in this instance.

if these are using the same "Action" <1 swift action> then I will forgo the wand and ultimately replace that item with something else approved by p26, Otherwise then the wand used and kept.

NEW ROLLS as Requested, this is Itemized for fellow players as I will not do this in the future.

Spell Buffs and Other Modifiers from Ivory
    Charge
    x2 speed, get a +2 bonus on the attack roll and take a -2 penalty to your AC until the start of your next turn.
    +2 bonus on the Strength check made to bull rush an opponent.

True Strike next attack gains +20 insight bonus

Invisibility : creature or object touched becomes invisible

Haste
    may make one extra attack at full bab, +1 untyped bonus on attack rolls and a +1 dodge bonus to AC and +1 Reflex saves, All of the hasted creature's modes of movement (including land movement, burrow, climb, fly, and swim) increase by 30 feet enhancement, to a maximum of twice the subject's normal speed using that form of movement

Heroes' Feast
    +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and Will saves and immunity to fear effects for 12 hours

Divine Agility
    +10 enhancement bonus to Dexterity

Divine Power
    bab=21 , Temp HP = 25

Visage of the Deity, Greater : gain +1 natural armor, resistance to acid 10, cold 10, and electricity 10, immunity to disease, +4 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, damage reduction 10/magic, Spell Resistance 25, all of these are untyped +4 Str, +2 Dex, +4 Con, +2 Int, +4 Wis, +4 Cha.

Dolorous Blow : automatically confirm any "Threat" hit as a critical hit

Brilliant Blade : brilliant energy on blade

new Str: 22 (+6)

Attack (21 bab + 6 two handed +5 Enhancement + 1 wf + 1 haste + 2 charge) <37/37/32/27/22 (18-20x4) >

Then from allies ( it was stated that Ivory was charging with Yedra )
    get a +6 bonus to attack (on top of the +2 to charging, with -2 AC as counterpart) or +8 if Krag joins, and +25 bonus damage. <at least 5 are charging under the war masters charge maneuver>

As part of this maneuver, you charge an opponent. In addition, all allies within 30 feet of you at the beginning of your turn can also charge this target as an immediate action. You and allied creatures do not block each other when determining if you can charge. Your charge attack deals an extra 50 points of damage, and those of your allies each deal an extra 25 points of damage. For each ally who charges, counting yourself, your charge attack and those of your allies are made with a cumulative +2 bonus (in addition to the normal bonus provided by charging). An opponent struck by you and at least one other ally is stunned for 1 round.
    So party that charges should gain +2 from Yedra +2 from Krag +2 from Kurnos +2 from Kurnos pet bear +2 from Ivory
    Reshad shot but no idea if he would charge the beast ?

For Ivory who is invisible, The Tarasque should be affected as if flatfooted, and brilliant energy weapon, if truebane applies I am not including it until after the "surprise" invisible attack and things go into initiative rounds, as it states an end of a round before affect.

Spoiler: ignore
    Show

(1d20+62)[76]
    (1d20+42)[61]
    (1d20+37)[42]
    (1d20+32)[37]
    (1d20+27)[29]
    (1d20+42)[52]
    (1d20+42)[59]
    (1d20+37)[39]
    (1d20+32)[39]
    (1d20+27)[29]
    (2d12+14)[35]
    (2d12+14)[22]
    (2d12+14)[20]
    (2d12+14)[23]
    (2d12+14)[22]
    (2d12+14)[32]
    (2d12+14)[33]
    (2d12+14)[33]
    (2d12+14)[21]
    (2d12+14)[28]

Edited Errors were had and need to be fixed and a new post will be delt with later after I chat some with P26 privetly
    Last edited by samduke; 2024-06-13 at 04:15 PM.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

The 1 Swift Action (Mental) is effectively the same as any other Swift Action is my understanding of it, so I will rule you can only use one per round.

Thanks for rerolling, Sam.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Spot check from Reshad (1d20+36)[38]
    I like the globe warm...

7. - Top - End - #127

Spot (1d20+14)[16]

8. - Top - End - #128
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Quote Originally Posted by paradox26 View Post
    The 1 Swift Action (Mental) is effectively the same as any other Swift Action is my understanding of it, so I will rule you can only use one per round.

Thanks for rerolling, Sam.
    Ok on the Swifts, I need to redo the rolls as they were not counting everything correctly

And the spot roll
    Last edited by samduke; 2024-06-15 at 01:10 PM.

9. - Top - End - #129

Not sure if my fellow players will agree with the suggestion, but: paradox, when it's just one roll, but you need it from ALL of us, I think either you could roll it for us, or if you'd rather avoid that we could preroll a bunch of them (and either add them to our posts or store them in a shared Google sheet).

I think that could speed up the gameplay quite a bit, compared to waiting X days each time, but y'all let me know what you think. Of course, we can keep on doing it the current way, it's not a big deal.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Spot: (1d20+52)[56]

Apologies for lagging behind. It's been a bit hectic, and when I do get to look at this game and try to figure out what to do, the old analysis paralysis hits. I've got to stop making prepared casters for these kinds of games.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by namo View Post
    Not sure if my fellow players will agree with the suggestion, but: paradox, when it's just one roll, but you need it from ALL of us, I think either you could roll it for us, or if you'd rather avoid that we could preroll a bunch of them (and either add them to our posts or store them in a shared Google sheet).

I think that could speed up the gameplay quite a bit, compared to waiting X days each time, but y'all let me know what you think. Of course, we can keep on doing it the current way, it's not a big deal.
    Good thinking. I usually let people roll their own dice, since many people enjoy rolling the dice themselves. But to speed things up I will start rolling things like Spot checks for you all, unless it is a significant roll, in which case I will continue to call on you all to do it yourselves.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

okay rolls
    Ivory has true seeing / darkvision 120ft
    SPOT: (1d20+36)[44]

Charge Full Attack vs Tarasque
    Attack (21 bab + 6 two handed +5 Enhancement + 1 wf + 1 haste + 2 charge) <37/37/32/27/22 (18-20x4)
    war masters charge maneuver
    So party that charges should gain +2 from Yedra +2 from Krag +2 from Kurnos +2 from Kurnos pet bear +2 from Ivory
    Reshad shot but no idea if he would charge the beast ?
    *Please add in the appropriate amount to the attack rolls for Warmastes Charge as I am not going to add that in these rolls as I am not sure what the correct number is.

Haste a:(1d20+37)[43]
    a1:(1d20+37)[39]
    a2:(1d20+32)[38]
    a3:(1d20+27)[29]
    a4:(1d20+22)[27]

Belt of Battle full round action

Haste b:(1d20+37)[46]
    b1:(1d20+37)[56] - > Crit
    b2:(1d20+32)[36]
    b3:(1d20+27)[33]
    b4:(1d20+22)[40]

Damage
    Haste a:(2d12+14)[25]
    Haste b:(2d12+14)[26]
    a1:(2d12+14)[21]
    a2:(2d12+14)[22]
    a3:(2d12+14)[33]
    a4:(2d12+14)[36]
    b1:(2d12+14)[27] ->Crit x4
    b2:(2d12+14)[18]
    b3:(2d12+14)[28]
    b4:(2d12+14)[36]

then if the tarassque is wounded enough from the party Ivory will put the beast back to sleep with her level 9 wish spell
    and the party as a whole can attempt to remove that talon either before or after the spell
    Last edited by samduke; 2024-06-16 at 08:06 AM.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

With Reshad being a Ranger might he be able to recognize what the talon came from? Or what it looks like?
    I like the globe warm...

14. - Top - End - #134
    Titan in the Playground

Just in case, although Kurnos isn't the most knowledgeable
    Nature (1d20+16)[21]
    Dungeoneering (1d20+10)[19]

I've guessed from Paradox's post that the combat is over and we'll just let the Tarrasque wander to the cave with no AoOs etc?
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

15. - Top - End - #135
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Yes, thew tarrasque has been affected by loss of HP plus the Wish spell. It is going to sleep, but it has enough ability to get it back to its lair. There is no need for AoOs.

16. - Top - End - #136

Would it be possible to tail the Tarrasque by flying close to its back, using it as cover/concealment vs whatever may be waiting in the cave?

I don't think the rules support it very cleanly, but I'm looking for a rule of Cool kinda thing (movie stuff).
    Let me know if I should make a check (probably Tumble to start with?). Yedra is also fine incurring an AoO if it's unavoidable.
    Last edited by namo; 2024-06-19 at 02:00 PM.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

tailing the beast could work with features like HIPS, or some such

18. - Top - End - #138
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Yes, you can hide behind the Tarrasque as it enters its lair.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

You can pull the talon out if you want to, in an attempt to keep it asleep for as long as possible.

I can imagine this being a str check and possibly from more than 1 of us...

Ivorys str atm should be 22 Check: (1d20+6)[13]
    she has Miracle memorized for the day and sufficient spells slots to cast 4 times if needed to boost str on self or party members - to remove said talon

20. - Top - End - #140
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Knowledge planes for the planar cat creature:(1d20+20)[39]

I presume being invisible it has yet to spot Ivory, or at least she might think

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Speak with animals wouldn't work here would it? I don't think it's an animal.
    I like the globe warm...

22. - Top - End - #142
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

It is a magical beast, so I don't think it would work.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

fat fingered the spot check (1d20+36)[45]
    I like the globe warm...

24. - Top - End - #144
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

It is a single three headed colossal cat, with a stinger for a tail. As well as the collar. That is all that you could see.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

hrm guess that k. planes was not high enough to identify the creature.. LOL - all good I guess.

Anyways *

Party, it occurs to me that talon or what we think is a talon might possibly be the "stinger" from the cat creature.. *Maybe

3 heads cat like with a stinger... hrm possible creature it could be.
    google-fu
    Tayellah, Gargantuan Magical Beast
    Full Attack: 2 claws +52 (2d8+11) melee, 3 bites +47 (2d6+5) melee, sting +39 (3d6+5 plus poison) melee

26. - Top - End - #146
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

That is the one, but they are rare, so your rolls weren't high enough to identify it.

The talon is one of its claws, you presume, because its stinger is still attached and dangerous.

27. - Top - End - #147

Couldn't we see its paws as it was prowling around the cave?

A missing talon could be quite visible... except if they're fully retractible, perhaps.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

I mean, I never see my cat's claws unless he has them out trying to catch something.
    I like the globe warm...

29. - Top - End - #149
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

well while its a fair point on the claws being retractable or not, - not all cats can retract them

30. - Top - End - #150
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

The Tayellah's claws appear to be retractable for purposes of stealthy movement.