New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
Results 181 to 204 of 204
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Orc in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGirl

    Join Date
    Jan 2023

    Default Re: Adventures in Helnith Part 2: Of Shadowed Paths and Spectral Evidence

    Quote Originally Posted by Kareeah_Indaga View Post

    Pinklady:

    Tress is obviously still woozy, and has trouble keeping her food down. At least as much of it ends up on you and the ground as in her stomach, leaving the stench of vomit in the air as you ride out.

    En route there is one extremely tense moment as you could swear you could hear people shouting and battling nearby and Whirlywhirly pauses to listen - but it passes and no further sign of the altercation emerges.

    You make it safely to the Shrine at 7:30 AM. It is obvious there have been a few more attacks since you left: more scorch marks from Fire and Electric type attacks, cracks in the ground, stray bits of rubble no one has bothered to clean up. There are also sentries here too, but they recognize you - or possibly the cart - and wave you inside the perimeter, where a couple of people just finishing their breakfast or coffee come over.

    “Supplies from Skybreak city, right?”
    "Yeah, from Skybreak! Some of it-" she indicates the recently added food, "- is from the Pokémon Center on the way. They got attacked last night and lost power. Trying to get it back, but it's not a sure thing."
    She unharnesses and then pets Whirlywhirly as she explains the situation. Then, to him, "You did great, couldn't have done this without you!"

  2. - Top - End - #182
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Lord Ruby34's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Adventures in Helnith Part 2: Of Shadowed Paths and Spectral Evidence

    ((Last Night))

    "You did, you did." Less agreed. "Sorry, it's been a long day." Between breaking the Bandra cipher, figuring out where Emilia was, battling Miles, and learning to make Poffin, the day had felt like it had stretched out for months, not just hours.

    "I'll stop by around lunchtime." Less confirmed. He would have to keep a close eye on the time. "And I appreciate you asking around on my behalf, and about letting me know about the Warlock." Now the question was what Pokemon he'd be willing to trade. He had made promises to Connie that he intended to keep, and he was bonded with the rest of his team. . . . Dancer might be happier elsewhere, though. She didn't have a temperament particularly suited for battle, and the coming days wouldn't be peaceful. A better bet to try and catch a few Pokemon for the purpose of trading through. Less could devote some of his morning to that, though he also wanted to go to the Geology club and maybe see the Berry Master, though he didn't want to disturb that man if he didn't want visitors. Less tried to recall what he knew about the man, other than that he lived in Tidepath.

    -------------------------------------------
    ((This Morning))

    With a flash of light, Less sent Eowyn out into the coastal water at the edge of the Island. "Alright, Eowyn, Buck, let's try to figure something out. Eowyn, can you try to take me to where you normally ate, anywhere with polluted water and trash. Buck, as we get close can your Odor Sleuth as we move to try and find the source of the pollution? We're going hunting for Grimer, or other Helnith Pokemon we can find as we go. Buck, when we get close I'm going to have to have you wait in your ball. You scare away wild Pokemon." Buck let out an affronted bark, but didn't disagree. In his mind, that was a good thing.

  3. - Top - End - #183
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Gnomes2169's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Derp
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Adventures in Helnith Part 2: Of Shadowed Paths and Spectral Evidence

    Quote Originally Posted by Kareeah_Indaga View Post
    Abe looks a little embarrassed as you concede, and claps you on the prosthetic shoulder with his slightly damp hand. “I’m sorry Mark my dude, but you’re going to have to put up a better fight than that if you want to Surf the high seas. There are Chinchou and Lanturn in the wild out there, and angry Gyarados and at least one psycho Bandra with a water dragon; I can’t justify throwing you into the deep end of the ocean until you can defend yourself against what lives there.” Serious discussion apparently over, he then bursts out with, “But what was with that Sharpedo my dude?!! You got to be careful with those, they are super brittle! Don’t get me wrong, that paralysis was bad luck for you, but I thought you might have at least had a Wacan Berry on it, or a Cell Battery or something, but you didn’t!”
    Mark groaned as he just... continued to have him-level luck, and nodded along as Abe spoke. "That was, perhaps, the most embarrassing showing I've had since I reached this region." And he included the time when Sarah zonked him out because he'd recalled his pokemon in the middle of their match. "In any other situation, I wouldn't have tried to use any of my current water types to fight your Lanturn. But I don't have a quagsire or wishcash, and I was born in the wrong region for a mudkip..."

    With a sigh, he said, "And I wish I had a wacan! I mean, it wouldn't have been so helpful in this fight, since sharpedo would have gone down with the second attack anyway, but just in general just having more types of berries around would be nice. Right now I'm trying to grow as many Lum as I can..." Mark trailed off, and then swung his bag around. His planters! He's forgotten his planters all day! The Lum would not be ready, but he did need to grab the rest of them if they had become ripe. While doing what he needed to there, he asked, "But what would a cell battery have done? I mean, I have a battery in my cell phone, but..." His fish wasn't a robot!

    "Are wild lanturn... aggressive here or something? I thought them and Chinchou are mostly docile, and tentacruel and the like were more of a problem on shorelines?" Helnith had shown him that these things were, in fact, possible, but it never hurt to be sure!

  4. - Top - End - #184
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2014

    Default Re: Adventures in Helnith Part 2: Of Shadowed Paths and Spectral Evidence

    Pinklady:

    Quote Originally Posted by essCee View Post
    "Yeah, from Skybreak! Some of it-" she indicates the recently added food, "- is from the Pokémon Center on the way. They got attacked last night and lost power. Trying to get it back, but it's not a sure thing."
    Faces fall all around, and the news disrupts the casual chatter like a stone falling in a pond.

    “Attacked? The Center was attacked?”“Wait, wait, my Pokémon! My Skitty was in the ICU there, is she okay?!!”“When are they supposed to get power back?!” “What happened?!!

    Whirlywhirly, meanwhile, accepts the pets and shakes free of the harness once it’s sufficiently unbuckled.

    ----------------

    Less:

    ((Pokémon Center (previous day): ))

    From what you can recall, most of the garden supplies are sold at the local Garden Shop, the Berry Master just rents out garden space. You do recall hearing he’s been having issues with someone or something wrecking plots and ruining harvests, but with the recent chaos it’s fallen under the radar for most people.

    ((Tidepath (morning): ))

    Eowyn leads you back to the docks, where she circles around a few times before heading north, to Grand Dock 1.

    It turns out you don’t need to bother with Buck’s keen nose because the polluted area is obvious: on the north end of the dock is the dry dock, where a ship that wasn’t as lucky as the Tidesurfer is currently having the massive gashes in its hull repaired. A great deal of oil and other fluids have leaked into the surrounding water from the damaged ship, in which you can see the occasional shark tail as the wild Estuar gulp it down. It occurs to you it’s probably too shallow here for the Phantasea or Tunabu you’re dimly aware are also in the coastal areas, there are just Wingull watching from the railings of the damaged ship, and a few Krabby poking at something buried in the sand. A few of the latter scuttle off as Buck comes close.

    ----------------

    Mark:

    Quote Originally Posted by Gnomes2169 View Post
    With a sigh, he said, "And I wish I had a wacan! I mean, it wouldn't have been so helpful in this fight, since sharpedo would have gone down with the second attack anyway, but just in general just having more types of berries around would be nice. Right now I'm trying to grow as many Lum as I can..."
    “Mark my man, that I can help you with.” Abe fishes a waterproof bag out of the sand nearby and takes out a pair of Wacan Berries, which he then hands to you. ((+2 Wacan Berries)) “Just promise me no more throwing your shark at Electric types without one, got it?”

    Quote Originally Posted by Gnomes2169 View Post
    "But what would a cell battery have done? I mean, I have a battery in my cell phone, but..." His fish wasn't a robot!
    “You have your Pokémon hold it, and if it gets hit by an Electric move, its Attack goes up. They don’t last more than one hit and they’re hard to get a hold of in bulk, and it wouldn’t have saved fangs there from getting zapped, so maybe not the best thing to hold but I’ve seen weirder.”

    Quote Originally Posted by Gnomes2169 View Post
    "Are wild lanturn... aggressive here or something? I thought them and Chinchou are mostly docile, and tentacruel and the like were more of a problem on shorelines?"
    “Any Pokémon can be dangerous if it feels threatened, and all of those can be Shadowed my dude,” Abe reminds.
    Spoiler: Adventures in Helnith
    Show

  5. - Top - End - #185
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Lord Ruby34's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Adventures in Helnith Part 2: Of Shadowed Paths and Spectral Evidence

    ((Previous Day))

    Less finished up his conversation with Galiot and bid him a polite farewell as they finished dinner.

    ----------------------------
    ((Morning))

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Can I request that Tidepath's map be added to the Town maps tag?

    Do the docks continue past this point? If Less went fishing out at the far end, would he be in the deeper water where he might find those Pokemon?

    Does Less know where there might be Grimer nearby?


    Less approached the pile of Krabby with a determined gait, Buck behind him. They didn't interest him today, but catching another Estaur might. Even if he didn't manage to trade it, one of his companions might be able to use it for their mission. Still, Less sent Buck, Leo, and Eowyn forward to chase off the Krabby. Whatever they were grubbing at might be worth investigating while he made up his mind about what Pokemon to pursue here.

    Additionally, Less scanned the area for any sign of Grimer. While they liked to hang around poison, he was under the impression that they preferred solid ground.

  6. - Top - End - #186
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Gnomes2169's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Derp
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Adventures in Helnith Part 2: Of Shadowed Paths and Spectral Evidence

    Quote Originally Posted by Kareeah_Indaga View Post
    “Mark my man, that I can help you with.” Abe fishes a waterproof bag out of the sand nearby and takes out a pair of Wacan Berries, which he then hands to you. ((+2 Wacan Berries)) “Just promise me no more throwing your shark at Electric types without one, got it?”
    "Oh, thank you!" Mark said, immediately putting one on the currently unconscious shark and storing the other so he could grow more once he had a moment. "Definitely keeping at least one of these around. Now I just need ones for grass, dark and fighting types!" One day, he'd have good protection against Bandra's pokemon. One day.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kareeah_Indaga View Post
    “You have your Pokémon hold it, and if it gets hit by an Electric move, its Attack goes up. They don’t last more than one hit and they’re hard to get a hold of in bulk, and it wouldn’t have saved fangs there from getting zapped, so maybe not the best thing to hold but I’ve seen weirder.”
    Well, that made it sound like the battery would explode, or at least short out, and he was using his cell battery, so he filed that under 'interesting information he'd probable never use.' "Huh. Neat. I guess that would have some use on a physical attacker with lightning rod..." So a ryhorn or an electric type, probably.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kareeah_Indaga View Post
    “Any Pokémon can be dangerous if it feels threatened, and all of those can be Shadowed my dude,” Abe reminds.
    "Ugh. Right." Shadowed pokemon were the worst, and Helnith just had them everywhere. "And I'm guessing Bandra's water-based goons would catch some too. Gonna have to make sure to bring Dendrolog with me today." Or any time he was on the coast, really.

    Spoiler: Berries!
    Show
    Speaking of berries, are those EV berries ready for harvest yet? Gotta make some room for MORE PLANTS! And I should probably water the Lum again.

  7. - Top - End - #187
    Orc in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGirl

    Join Date
    Jan 2023

    Default Re: Adventures in Helnith Part 2: Of Shadowed Paths and Spectral Evidence

    Quote Originally Posted by Kareeah_Indaga View Post
    Pinklady:



    Faces fall all around, and the news disrupts the casual chatter like a stone falling in a pond.

    “Attacked? The Center was attacked?”“Wait, wait, my Pokémon! My Skitty was in the ICU there, is she okay?!!”“When are they supposed to get power back?!” “What happened?!!

    Whirlywhirly, meanwhile, accepts the pets and shakes free of the harness once it’s sufficiently unbuckled.
    Pinklady raises her voice to call out answers as best as she can - though it isn't much information at all. "Some Bandra grunts attacked in the middle of the night - last night! I think I heard repairs would be a few days at least, but it's not certain that they'll be able to come through either! And I don't know about any Pokémon who were under special care there, but they weren't able to host especially injured Pokémon! I don't think the fighting got into the Center itself, at the least!"

  8. - Top - End - #188
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2014

    Default Re: Adventures in Helnith Part 2: Of Shadowed Paths and Spectral Evidence

    Less:

    Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Done.

    You mean off the edge of the map? Yes. The Grand Docks are deeper water that’s why the big commercial ships dock there. Tunabu are catchable with a Good Rod but for Phantasea you’d need a Super Rod, or to go diving.

    Less knows that Grimer favor pollution-heavy areas.


    A brief gust of seabreeze from the direction of the ship brings with it a spray of sand and a positively horrible stench while the remaining Krabby scatter before Buck. One of the rocks they’d been poking at opens to reveal a bright teal-blue eye…followed by several more as the revealed Biscooti tries to menace you with the tiny spikes on its segmented body. You remember Emilia stepping on one of these as a child, before she became a trainer, but they aren’t usually aggressive. You also recall they’re Ground/Water types.

    Biscooti: 63/63

    Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Pic in the Discord.


    ----------------

    Mark:

    Quote Originally Posted by Gnomes2169 View Post
    "Oh, thank you!" Mark said, immediately putting one on the currently unconscious shark and storing the other so he could grow more once he had a moment. "Definitely keeping at least one of these around. Now I just need ones for grass, dark and fighting types!" One day, he'd have good protection against Bandra's pokemon. One day.
    “Happy I could do you a solid. Call me if you want a rematch, hey?” ((You can exchange numbers here if you like.))

    Checking your Planters while you place the Wacan Berry, you can see that most of the plants within have produced ripe Berries, except for the Lum which has sprouted.

    Spoiler: Berries
    Show

    Grepa: +7 Berries (7 total)
    Pomeg: +7 Berries (7 total)
    Qualot: +6 Berries (6 total)
    Lum: sprouted


    Quote Originally Posted by Gnomes2169 View Post
    "Ugh. Right." Shadowed pokemon were the worst, and Helnith just had them everywhere. "And I'm guessing Bandra's water-based goons would catch some too. Gonna have to make sure to bring Dendrolog with me today."
    “Good plan. Always gotta be prepared on the ocean Mark my man, ‘cause you and me? We don’t have gills. Take care now!” Abe plucks his board out of the sand and prepares to leave.

    ----------------

    Pinklady:

    Your response doesn’t seem to calm matters any; the trainer asking after the Skitty leaves the room looking caught between panic and tears while the rest shuffle uncertainly and exchange worried looks.
    Spoiler: Adventures in Helnith
    Show

  9. - Top - End - #189
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Lord Ruby34's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Adventures in Helnith Part 2: Of Shadowed Paths and Spectral Evidence

    Less and Buck both crinkled their noses in mutual disgust as the smell hit them. Less did not want to go closer to that ship . . . but that was the likeliest place to find a Grimer. Less tried to ignore the smell and put his priorities in order. The Pokemon in front of him was another Helnith native, and a water type to boot. Sailors liked water types, right? Less started trying to get a full scan of the Biscooti while the memory of Emilia's bleeding foot surged up. It had been a pleasant day at the beach before Emilia had gotten hurt, and one of these sandburrowers was responsible. Needless to say, it wasn't Less's favorite Pokemon, but if it none of the sailor's wanted it he could always release the poor thing, Less rationalized. Besides, attacking like this, even if the Krabby had provoked it, gave Less enough of a reason to feel comfortable trying to catch the creature.

    Less withdrew Eowyn and sent out Dancer to replace her, and had Buck and Leo move forward to put the Biscooti in the center of a triangle of Less's Pokemon to make sure the Biscooti didn't run off. "Buck, Fire Fang. Leo, poison sting." Less ordered. If Less had remembered the typing correctly, it should resist both hits.

  10. - Top - End - #190
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2014

    Default Re: Adventures in Helnith Part 2: Of Shadowed Paths and Spectral Evidence

    Less:

    Buck uses Fire Fang!

    The Biscooti ducks into the sand briefly and as a result Buck nearly overshoots, but manages to compensate enough to land a solid hit. Dancer looks unamused by the sand this showers her with, however.

    It’s not very effective…
    Biscooti is hit for 26 damage!

    Biscooti uses Harden!
    Biscooti’s Defense rises!

    Leo uses Poison Sting!
    It’s not very effective…
    Biscooti is hit for 3 damage!

    Buck: 109/109
    Dancer: 64/64
    Leo: 71/71

    Biscooti: 34/63 (Intimidated, Defense up 1 level)
    Spoiler: Adventures in Helnith
    Show

  11. - Top - End - #191
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Lord Ruby34's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Adventures in Helnith Part 2: Of Shadowed Paths and Spectral Evidence

    Dancer chirruped in annoyance as Less called for the next sequence of moves. "Dancer, Quick attack. Leo, Poison sting again. Buck, protect."

    Spoiler: Conditionals
    Show

    If the Biscooti is poisoned, call Dancer to growl and throw a Pokeball with Leo's turn, and have Buck Leer.

    If the Biscooti has 19 or more hit points, have Leo Poison Sting again until the Biscooti is either
    1. poisoned, (in which case throw a Pokeball)l; or
    2. The Biscooti has less than 19 remaining hp.

    If the Biscooti has less than 19 HP, throw a Pokeball with Leo's turn, have dancer growl, and have Buck leer.

  12. - Top - End - #192
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Gnomes2169's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Derp
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Adventures in Helnith Part 2: Of Shadowed Paths and Spectral Evidence

    Quote Originally Posted by Kareeah_Indaga View Post
    “Happy I could do you a solid. Call me if you want a rematch, hey?” ((You can exchange numbers here if you like.))

    “Good plan. Always gotta be prepared on the ocean Mark my man, ‘cause you and me? We don’t have gills. Take care now!” Abe plucks his board out of the sand and prepares to leave.
    "Next time, I'll make sure I bring something that doesn't explode when an electric type sneezes at them." Mark joked while exchanging numbers. "If you have any trouble with Bandra over here, give me a call and I'll see what I can do."

    Waving when the surfer got back to surfing, Mark sent Opdra back out and checked the time. Hmmm... yeah, he could get a level of training in before warping off to Skybreak. He wasn't sure if it would help yet (and she might end up chewing on it... but that was basically training for a baby pokemon, right?), but he gave her the power weight to hold for that 30 minutes of training, and called Tattersail and Marick to join him. At 11 he took back the weight, planted his new wacan, watered that and his sprouting Lum, and had Tattersail teleport all four of them up to the outskirts of Skybreak.

    After taking a look at the city gates to estimate how long the line would take to get through today, Mark shot off a text to Mina to tell her, "Hey there Stormshine, I'm at Skybreak! LMK where you want to meet up for plasters job, and if you have a minute or two to teleport up to Hillsbreak so 'Sail can get there too, that would be great. Oh, and my egg hatched last night!" Scooping up the opdra and cradling her belly-up in his fleshy arm like a baby, he took a selfie to send with the message.

    Only after sending his text did Mark look around for signs of Sesh's Starlight Squad camp. They were supposed to be parked right outside... right?

  13. - Top - End - #193
    Orc in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGirl

    Join Date
    Jan 2023

    Default Re: Adventures in Helnith Part 2: Of Shadowed Paths and Spectral Evidence

    Quote Originally Posted by Kareeah_Indaga View Post
    Pinklady:

    Your response doesn’t seem to calm matters any; the trainer asking after the Skitty leaves the room looking caught between panic and tears while the rest shuffle uncertainly and exchange worried looks.
    Pinklady, having said what she could and not seeing improvement anyways in the commotion, returns her attention to the people managing the supplies to help unload them. "Er... besides that, how's the past couple days been here?" She asks as she does so.

  14. - Top - End - #194
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2014

    Default Re: Adventures in Helnith Part 2: Of Shadowed Paths and Spectral Evidence

    Less:

    Buck uses Protect!
    Buck is protecting himself!

    Dancer uses Quick Attack!
    Biscooti is hit for 17 damage!
    Dancer takes 4 damage from Biscooti’s Pointy Spines!

    Biscooti uses Spikes!
    Spikes were scattered all around!

    Leo uses Poison Sting!
    It’s not very effective…
    Biscooti is hit for 4 damage!

    You throw a Pokéball ((-1 Pokéball, 1 remaining)) and the Ground type is quickly engulfed. It shakes the required three times before giving the expected DING! of a successful capture.

    Spoiler: Biscooti
    Show

    Commonly found in the sandy beaches of central Helnith, they prefer to bury themselves into the ground and react to threats by bristling with their spines. Local lore claims they bring wealth to those who possess them.

    Pokémon: Biscooti
    Type: Ground/Water
    Ability: Pointy Spines
    Gender: Female
    Level: 23
    Held Item: NONE
    Stats--
    HP: 63
    Attack: 55
    Def: 48
    Sp. Attack: 35
    Sp. Def: 46
    Speed: 61
    Moves:
    Harden
    Camouflage
    Rapid Spin
    Payday
    Spikes
    Water Spike*

    Spoiler: Pointy Spines
    Show
    For each positive level of Defense, contact moves used on it will subtract -1/16 Hp from the attacker.


    Spoiler: Water Spike
    Show
    Type: Water (Physical)
    Power: Varies, see text
    Accuracy: 100%
    PP: 10 (max 16)

    Does more damage the stronger the foe is compared to the user.

    If the foe’s Attack is:
    Greater than x4 the user’s - power 120
    x2 to x4 - power 90
    Less than x2 but still higher - power 60
    Same as the user’s or below - power 40




    ((Spikes in effect.))

    Buck: 109/109
    Dancer: 60/64
    Leo: 71/71

    Biscooti: 13/63 - caught!

    ----------------

    Mark:

    “Will do, my dude!”

    Spoiler: Opdra
    Show

    Pokémon: Opdra
    Type: Normal/Dragon
    Ability: Phase
    Gender: Female
    Level: 6
    Held Item: NONE
    Stats--
    HP: 23 +1
    Attack: 14
    Def: 10
    Sp. Attack: 14
    Sp. Def: 12
    Speed: 12
    Moves:
    Pound
    Tail Whip
    Dragon Breath
    Charge


    Spoiler: Berries
    Show

    Wacan planted Day 30, 11 AM, no mulch.
    Lum sprouted.


    The line into Skybreak looks lengthy right now; at best guess if you tried to get in it would be about an hour wait.

    Opdra mostly just looks befuddled at her trainer’s strange treatment of her. There is no immediate response from Mina.

    As far as Sesh and his portion of the Starlight Squad, after a bit of searching you are able to locate what looks like a decent sized makeshift campground to the north of the city, close to the barricades surrounding it but away from the major entrances. Even from a distance, you can see that it has been contracting from its original size - there are flattened spots in the grass, old campfires and a couple tent-sized gaps between some of the inner camps.

    ----------------

    Pinklady:

    “Bad,” replies the nearest. (The next over has found the Center’s supply of eggs, and is getting excited over them.) “We’re pretty sure they have a camp nearby at this point, but we can’t spare the people to go wandering around in the mountains to find it, we’ve barely been able to keep Bandra off the road as it is. Tomas says Bandra is entrenching themselves to try and take the Shrine back, and I believe him. They’ve been throwing Grunts at us at all hours and that’s just going to get worse now that the road patrols can’t stop at the Pokémon Center to heal up. A few more days like this and we’re going to lose the Shrine again.”
    Last edited by Kareeah_Indaga; 2024-07-14 at 03:33 PM. Reason: Bolding Charge since it’s new
    Spoiler: Adventures in Helnith
    Show

  15. - Top - End - #195
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Lord Ruby34's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Adventures in Helnith Part 2: Of Shadowed Paths and Spectral Evidence

    Less looked down at the Pokedex readout briefly before doing a double-take. Payday? That was quite the opportunity, Less realized. A move that could actually generate PD . . . well, there might be a few ways to make money that weren't available before. And spikes and rapid spin were both excellent moves for the battle tower, if he needed to try and win a few matches there for Battle Points for revives . . . not to mention Payday itself. Maybe Less could convince one of the others to throw a few matches and split the money? Was that even how that would work?

    Less shook his head and declined to name the Pokemon or spend too much thought on the idea for now. Instead, he recalled Dancer and Leo and headed over to where the Biscooti had buried itself in the sand, carefully avoiding any remaining spikes. "Buck, you think you can investigate that for me? See if that Biscooti was guarding any buried treasure?" The ground type had probably been what drew the attention of the krabby, but it never hurt to be through.

    Instead, Less started to approach the wounded ship on the dock, looking for signs that there was someone working on it, or otherwise someone he could ask to enter. If there was a Grimer on the island, it would be here.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    I know you mentioned that the ship was being repaired, but I don't know if you meant actively. If Less doesn't find anyone to ask about going in he's going to head inside and start making his way below decks, to the damaged area.
    Last edited by Lord Ruby34; 2024-07-13 at 10:05 AM.

  16. - Top - End - #196
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Gnomes2169's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Derp
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Adventures in Helnith Part 2: Of Shadowed Paths and Spectral Evidence

    Mark looked out at the camp and frowned. A lot of people were leaving Sesh behind, weren't they? He could hope that the empty plots were there because the squad members were actually out and doing things, but... well, Helnith had been teaching Mark nothing if not to be more jaded. Still, there should still be enough people over there to make a difference... right?

    His frown didn't go away as he sets his Opdra down and pets her on the top of the head. "No time for that meeting right now... never enough time." He sighed and rubbed at his forehead. They needed the money from the plasters job, and confronting Sesh might not accomplish anything depending on how standoff-ish the lieutenant decided to be. "Well, at least the line's long enough to get a bit more 'play' training in..." And he gave the little derg back the power weight. He'll train her up those last two 'safe' levels while he sloooooowly gets through this frankly much too long line.

  17. - Top - End - #197
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2014

    Default Re: Adventures in Helnith Part 2: Of Shadowed Paths and Spectral Evidence

    Less:

    Spoiler: OoC
    Show

    Yes, actively.


    Buck doesn’t turn up anything of interest; it occurs to you the Biscooti never used the attack during the fight and hadn’t been actively battling the Krabby before Buck chased them off either.

    You approach one of the workers. He scratches behind an ear as he replies. “You want to go inside the ship? I don’t know about that, the fuel line was leaking earlier and the maintenance lights aren’t working. It’s slippery and there’s a lot of damage inside we haven’t gotten to yet. Be easy to get hurt. But you can talk to the boss about it. Hey boss!” He waves to someone further down the ship with a clipboard and the distinct air of someone who is convinced that problems exist to bother them, specifically. “This guy here wants in the ship!”

    Spoiler: OoC
    Show

    Feel free to make your case.


    ----------------

    Mark:

    Spoiler: OoC
    Show

    I am reasonably sure I vetoed training in line before, but if not I’m doing it now. Remember, this is a thing you need space and focus for! You’re trying to teach them to hit things in close proximity to lots of potential collateral damage!


    Unfortunately the line of new-to-her people (and occasional Pokémon) proves to be too much of a distraction for the new baby to focus on training - not to mention the little dragon trying to whack things and spit sparks around them quickly turns the mood of the people nearest from ‘Oh, cute baby’ to ‘What are you doing, put that thing back in its ball!” So training in line quickly becomes a bust.

    Fortunately, you make it through security without any special delay. It’s about noon when you make it into the city.
    Spoiler: Adventures in Helnith
    Show

  18. - Top - End - #198
    Orc in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGirl

    Join Date
    Jan 2023

    Default Re: Adventures in Helnith Part 2: Of Shadowed Paths and Spectral Evidence

    Quote Originally Posted by Kareeah_Indaga View Post
    Pinklady:

    “Bad,” replies the nearest. (The next over has found the Center’s supply of eggs, and is getting excited over them.) “We’re pretty sure they have a camp nearby at this point, but we can’t spare the people to go wandering around in the mountains to find it, we’ve barely been able to keep Bandra off the road as it is. Tomas says Bandra is entrenching themselves to try and take the Shrine back, and I believe him. They’ve been throwing Grunts at us at all hours and that’s just going to get worse now that the road patrols can’t stop at the Pokémon Center to heal up. A few more days like this and we’re going to lose the Shrine again.”
    "Oh... thank you for the explanation." Pinklady sighs. "No reason to think they'd let up, either, I'm guessing." As she handled the goods during the conversation, she knew it wouldn't be a good idea after all to ask if she could have some - at least she could afford to go place to place. This stuff was absolutely needed here, however much longer it might help them hold out.
    It also occurs to her that she should make sure the rest of the group knows about the situation - especially with last night's development.

  19. - Top - End - #199
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Lord Ruby34's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Adventures in Helnith Part 2: Of Shadowed Paths and Spectral Evidence

    Less moved on from the Biscooti's hiding place soon enough. He had known that finding anything was a long shot, though he had hoped that the Krabby's had been harassing the Biscooti for it's treasure, clearly that was not the case.

    As the sailor called his boss over, Less put on a confident smile and extended his hand for a handshake. "Lester Douglass. How are you doing this morning?" After the man's reply ((unless it's not as expected)) Less got to the point. "I was hoping that we could help each other out. From the beach I could smell what seems to be a Grimer infestation in the depths of your ship. And even if I'm wrong about what that smell portended in particular, I imagine that wild Pokemon have been making their way in through the breach. I can see the Estaur from here. Now, this seems to me a situation where we might help each other out. I have a full team of Pokemon, including a few immune any chemical leak, and a willingness to go below. I'll clean out whatever wild Pokemon are in there, free of charge, on the condition that I can try to catch a few the Pokemon that might be down there. What do you say?" During the middle of his pitch, Less called Leo out to demonstrate that he did, indeed, have some Pokemon that could handle whatever was going down below.

  20. - Top - End - #200
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Gnomes2169's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Derp
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Adventures in Helnith Part 2: Of Shadowed Paths and Spectral Evidence

    Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Awwww, dang it. C'mon, line people. Just let the baby dragon chew on your shoes, that'd be enough for her training!


    With apologies to the line people, and recalling Opdra to make sure she wouldn't munch on anyone's shoelaces of her own accord, Mark decided to fill his time waiting doing... other stuff. If he wasn't going to be coordinating any of his pokemon, then maybe he should just surf the internet and look up what movies were available! Yeah. He could do some advanced snooping for date night. Whenever he and Mina actually went out and did that.

    Thinking of Mina, if she still hasn't gotten back to him by the time he finally gets into the city, Mark decides that he should go to the pokemon center to heal his team up and swap some of his pokemon around (putting away Corphish, Sharpedo and Opdra for Dendrolog, Sengar and Tarr), and he gives her a call along the way. He will go to the front desk of the university, where they'd signed up for the jobs in the first place, after that if he still can't get hold of her.

  21. - Top - End - #201
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2014

    Default Re: Adventures in Helnith Part 2: Of Shadowed Paths and Spectral Evidence

    Pinklady:

    “Maybe if Bandra got distracted by something bigger. But I’m not holding my breath, no one’s seen Salerdia since Stardust City fell and Dream can’t be everywhere.”

    Unloading the cart goes quickly with the help; it’s wrapped up by 8 AM.

    “Are you headed back right away?” One of the unpackers gestures in the direction of the cart.

    ----------------

    Less:

    The man takes your hand for a perfunctory shake. “Sydon Poise,” he replies. “The Ranger Union haven’t gotten back to me yet, so I’ll allow it. Mind yourself in there, and don’t smash the ship up any worse than it is.”

    ----------------

    Mark:

    There isn’t much, this being the off season for movies. One is an obvious kids movie - it’s based off one of the more popular children’s cartoons. There’s an art film with lots of desert shots in the trailer but not a lot of description on what it’s actually about and an action film that seems to be 90% rocket launchers and stuff blowing up. And a super heroes vs. the Poké Rangers film, which has unusually good audience reviews.

    Mina also texts you back once you’re in line.

    Mina sent you a message!
    Sorry was Berry tending. I could do with another storm, then they’d be watered. Plaster job is at noon, I don’t think we’re going to have time for Hillsbreak, but what does the line look like? Also, congrats on the new baby! 🎉🥚


    Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    You do have time to heal your Pokémon and switch around your team as long as you don’t get sidetracked, did you want to do that or talk strategy with Mina first?
    Spoiler: Adventures in Helnith
    Show

  22. - Top - End - #202
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Lord Ruby34's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Adventures in Helnith Part 2: Of Shadowed Paths and Spectral Evidence

    "A pleasure to meet you, Sydon." Less replied. "I'll be careful," Less promised. With that, Less headed up and into the ship. Once he was safely below the top deck, Less quickly changed into his stained and damaged clothes from the Shadow Pokemon raid. This was promising to be a dirty job. Then the second problem was evident, the ship was clearly not made to easily accommodate a six foot tall quadruped. After a little cajoling and a promise to send Buck out if there was any trouble, Buck finally agreed to go into his ball. "It's either that or waiting up here." Less had finally said to convince the large fire type.

    Once the momentous task of convincing Buck to actually get in his ball was complete, Less headed down into the bowels of the ship, following the worst of the stench, Leo a few steps in front of him, and his Pokedex held in hand, ready to be used as a flashlight.

  23. - Top - End - #203
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Gnomes2169's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Derp
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Adventures in Helnith Part 2: Of Shadowed Paths and Spectral Evidence

    Hmmm... not much for the movie-going crowds, eh? Well, the weird thing about kids movies is that they were 50/50 just a good time these days, so if that one was anything like Meowth in Boots; Quest for Jirachi* (which had NO reason to be anywhere near as good as it was) then maybe that was an option? Otherwise, it looked like explosions or the weirdly positive superhero flick were their best options right now.

    When he gets her message, Mark texts back, "It's pretty long, about an hour wait right now. If you wanted to join me and skip ahead in line a bit then you'll be able to get in on time, but if you're going to be busy then it might be better to just let me sign in and then meet up with us outside of town." That was one advantage of multiple people being signed up for the same job... if it was outside of the city, then they didn't all have to get to the university on time.

    Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    *Puss in Boots; The Last Wish... which also had absolutely no reason to be as flat-out fantastic as it was. One of the best movies I saw last year, even though it was a sequel to a spinoff of a Shrek side character. Every scene with Death was so good, easily the best depiction of an antagonistic anthropomorphic death that I've seen.

    And I'll swap out/ heal my team and head to the university. If Mina ends up joining him, Mark will talk to her on the way. One thing that I'll change there, though, is that I want to swap in Jessia, not Tarr. We didn't swap her out when I picked up Opdra, so she wasn't actually on my team. >.>

    I'll also put my Dendrolog's EV's into special attack and speed, split evenly.

  24. - Top - End - #204
    Orc in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGirl

    Join Date
    Jan 2023

    Default Re: Adventures in Helnith Part 2: Of Shadowed Paths and Spectral Evidence

    Pinklady nods. "Unless there's something urgent an extra pair of hands could help with here, yeah!"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •