New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Goblin

Default Need advice on how to make this character, but I'm Rusty..... (King of the Hill)

So if I wanted to make a 5e character based on Dale Gribble/Rusty Shakleford from King of the Hill, how would you do it?

For races, the two I'm most considering are VHuman if there's a really important feat he needs, or Reborn to get the Poison resistance whilst still looking human because he's "Resistant to poisons and toxins"

For class, someone suggested Ranger for the exterminator aspect; not sure how I feel about that. I've also been considering a cleric who believes the gods don't exist and somehow gets power from his will/strong belief in conspiracies. I've also though about an Artificer for the gun aspect, or maybe a Sorcerer who claims his powers come from when he was abducted by aliens and experimented on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredaintdead View Post
    *high fives*
    Someone get this man a medal, because he either reads my posts or my mind.

Avvy by azuyomi244
    A Warforged Warlock who thinks he's a gnome in a power-suit?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Need advice on how to make this character, but I'm Rusty..... (King of the Hill)

Quote Originally Posted by togapika View Post
    So if I wanted to make a 5e character based on Dale Gribble/Rusty Shakleford from King of the Hill, how would you do it?

For races, the two I'm most considering are VHuman if there's a really important feat he needs, or Reborn to get the Poison resistance whilst still looking human because he's "Resistant to poisons and toxins"

For class, someone suggested Ranger for the exterminator aspect; not sure how I feel about that. I've also been considering a cleric who believes the gods don't exist and somehow gets power from his will/strong belief in conspiracies. I've also though about an Artificer for the gun aspect, or maybe a Sorcerer who claims his powers come from when he was abducted by aliens and experimented on.

Tiefling, infernal constitution, vengeance paladin.
    Roll for it
    5e Houserules and Homebrew
    Old Extended Signature
    Awesome avatar by Ceika

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateGuy

Default Re: Need advice on how to make this character, but I'm Rusty..... (King of the Hill)

Charlatan background for false identity, Yuan-ti lineage for poison resistance and poison spray cantrip (and secretly being a lizard person!), inquisitive rogue for chasing conspiracies. Gunnery feat if you want firearms.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Imp

2 levels of rogue, cunning action disengage = pocket sand.
    Black text is for sarcasm, also sincerity. You'll just have to read between the lines and infer from context like an animal