New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground

BardGuy

Question Question about Frozen Wild Shape to Cryohydra

I was wondering which of the hydra's abilities you get? I know you don't get Ex or Su, so no fast-heal or breath-weapon, but what about the ability to regrow heads up to twice the starting amount? Could a druid turn into a cryohydra, get a friend to chop off all their heads, then regrow up to 24 and get 24 bite attacks?

To clarify, I知 talking about how the regrow head ability seems to just be part of the flavortext, not an Ex or Su ability. Even if it does work RAW I値l probably rule for my table that it痴 the same mechanism as the fast healing, which is Ex. Just want to know if it works RAW.
    Last edited by yeetusmcgeetus; 2024-04-22 at 06:06 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Default Re: Question about Frozen Wild Shape to Cryohydra

Quote Originally Posted by yeetusmcgeetus View Post
    I was wondering which of the hydra's abilities you get? I know you don't get Ex or Su, so no fast-heal or breath-weapon, but what about the ability to regrow heads up to twice the starting amount? Could a druid turn into a cryohydra, get a friend to chop off all their heads, then regrow up to 24 and get 24 bite attacks?

To clarify, I知 talking about how the regrow head ability seems to just be part of the flavortext, not an Ex or Su ability. Even if it does work RAW I値l probably rule for my table that it痴 the same mechanism as the fast healing, which is Ex. Just want to know if it works RAW.
    Strictly speaking, anything which isn't called out as (Ex), (Su) or (Sp) is a natural ability, so you would get it. I agree that it makes more sense to consider it part of their fast healing ability (that's how I'd rule it when I DM) and thus (Ex), but RAW it isn't.

The Enhance Wild Shape spell (SpC) can get you the extraordinary abilities of a Wild Shape form.

I don't think the information listed under "combat" is considered flavortext, but I'm not 100% certain.

I don't think there's anything to stop a Druid getting 24 bite attacks. Or if they're using Shapechange, 72d6 worth of breath weapon.