New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Default PF2 strength Ranger

I'm joining a group for a one-shot level-1 Pathfinder 2 game.

I want to make a super strong Ranger who uses harpoons or tridents or something.

That's all I've got. Any advice?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: PF2 strength Ranger

Super strong and level 1? Idk anything about PF2 curious to see what the answers are.
    Last edited by Ozreth; 2024-04-25 at 10:42 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: PF2 strength Ranger

Generally speaking, Rangers aren't that great at dealing damage, but they make up for it in skill utility. Unfortunately, Dex is a better attribute than Str as far as skills go.

That aside, a Str Ranger can definitely work. Grab some medium armor and just enough Dex that you have maximum AC for that armor. Go for melee Trident+Shield as opposed to just Harpoons, as your ranged attacks will be kinda bad with your low Dex. If the need arise, you can still throw your Trident (just remember to keep a backup weapon)

For your Hunter's Edge, go with Precision. It doesn't scale too well, but since it's a level 1 one-shot, then it's amazing.

The 1st level feat should probably be Initiate Warden, as none of the others are any good for you. Gravity Weapon is great for a straight boost to your DPR, though Snare Hopping can be very fun.

You shouldn't have any trouble filling your 3rd action with something other than Strike since you can always use Raise Shield.