New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Default Re: Outlaws of the Sea (Exalted 3e)

Just got Many-Faced Strangers

Thousand Swords huh... lol where have I seen this before I wonder?

2. - Top - End - #92
    Titan in the Playground

just a piece of warning to anyone considering Thousand Blades style, as someone who has made a build/character to maximize its use: its a HEAVY investment combat style. eats up merit dots like crazy at character creation. if a Dawn focuses on it, it'll become their entire life. I think I've heard from some people that its perfectly functional at like, less daiklaves than five, but I've never gotten to play a game to play with it in any capacity.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ettin in the Playground

Hmm, I've got enough merit dots to pick up another 5 dot artifact. Can i have Ajelin of Accursed Silver as a reaper daiklave? It's regularly a plain old regular Daiklave. That puts me at three arsenal with the form, which is a good breakpoint.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tonberrian View Post
    Hmm, I've got enough merit dots to pick up another 5 dot artifact. Can i have Ajelin of Accursed Silver as a reaper daiklave? It's regularly a plain old regular Daiklave. That puts me at three arsenal with the form, which is a good breakpoint.
    Yeah sure.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

I am not as poor for points as I thought and like the idea of Tanisa Ring-Eater as mentor since that would justify my desire to steal/liberate lots of valuables from Prasad nearby ships/kingdoms.

@watermargin would that mentorship work for you?

For now I am going for a happy, thieving and curious vibe. Close to Pirates of the Caribbean 1. Or are we going for something darker?

6. - Top - End - #96
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Justanotherhero View Post
    I am not as poor for points as I thought and like the idea of Tanisa Ring-Eater as mentor since that would justify my desire to steal/liberate lots of valuables from Prasad nearby ships/kingdoms.

@watermargin would that mentorship work for you?

For now I am going for a happy, thieving and curious vibe. Close to Pirates of the Caribbean 1. Or are we going for something darker?
    The mentorship would work.
    Tanisa is trying to find a way to use Prasad against the Realm, so that's something to keep in mind as well.

Embracing the sword and sorcery flavor of the Dreaming Sea, so it isn't grimdark more like fantastic and full of wonders with some darkness from time to time of course so Pirates of the Caribbean is an appropriate vibe but can include stuff a little more weird like Adventure Time or dark, Elric of Melnibone, all depends on the context of course.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ettin in the Playground

Player Caste Sheet
    Justanotherhero Lunar: No Moon Khion Pebble Collector
    Lord Raziere Abyssal: Daybreak The Whisper of World Shaking Truths
    Qazgir Abyssal: Dusk Onyx Rainfall Praetor
    Soras Teva Gee Solar: Twilight Jhalia Guren, Twice-Blessed Flower of Evening
    DrakeRaids Exigent: Reveler Ancient Ebon
    Benoojian Solar: Zenith Heiron Dandori
    Bowerbird Sidereal: Serenity Swallowtail the Bard
    tonberrian Abyssal: Dusk Eternal Nemesis of Fools

Made a table to keep track of everyone who's linked a sheet. If there's any issues please say something and I'll try to fix it in the next update.
    Last edited by tonberrian; 2024-05-09 at 05:53 PM.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tonberrian View Post
    Player Caste Sheet
    Justanotherhero Lunar: No Moon Khion Pebble Collector
    Lord Raziere Abyssal: Daybreak The Whisper of World Shaking Truths
    Qazgir Abyssal: Dusk Onyx Rainfall Praetor
    Soras Teva Gee Solar: Twilight Jhalia Guren, Twice-Blessed Flower of Evening
    DrakeRaids Exigent: Reveler Ancient Ebon
    Benoojian Solar: Zenith Heiron Dandori
    Bowerbird Sidereal: Serenity Swallowtail the Bard
    tonberrian Abyssal: Dusk Eternal Nemesis of Fools

Made a table to keep track of everyone who's linked a sheet. If there's any issues please say something and I'll try to fix it in the next update.
    It seems the total of merit dots doesn't appear to be right, reminder that Independent Abyssal don't get the extra 5 merit dots.
    Like Lord Raziere character for example spent most of their XP on merit dots to have that many of them.

9. - Top - End - #99

BardGuy

A question on Lunar cheesiness:

Lunars have a charm :

Magpie’s Nest

That allows us to pick up goods that we wisely prepared beforehand. Khion currently has skilled Craft (Gold) so when the time comes for him to trade or pay for something he can roll Wits+ Craft Gold to wisely have prepared jewelry or coins.

I am also thinking about skilling Craft (Firewand) because well Summon Gun is just an amazing Spell.

To cheesy for this round?

10. - Top - End - #100
    Pixie in the Playground

Lunars have a charm :

Magpie’s Nest

That allows us to pick up goods that we wisely prepared beforehand. Khion currently has skilled Craft (Gold) so when the time comes for him to trade or pay for something he can roll Wits+ Craft Gold to wisely have prepared jewelry or coins.

I am also thinking about skilling Craft (Firewand) because well Summon Gun is just an amazing Spell.

To cheesy for this round?
    Magpie's Nest Resourcefulness is made to be very handy, and its fine, I mean it's only once per scene use but does help with some situations. Firewand requires firedust just something to keep in mind too.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Honestly sounds a little underpowered what with using a niche yellow metal instead of good silver dinars.

And those would be... like Resources 1 with extra steps.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Pixie in the Playground

Gold is indeed used and other metals (usually in smaller coins tho from the details of At8D), the silver standard is simply a shorthand way to say most places try to match it to the silver dinars of the Guild. Granted for Exalted heroes you are better off just using Silver dinars in the Threshold and not worth spending too much time on the small details of the economy.

The charm is good, being able to pull something that it is worth resources 5 (you can use any ability technically) once per scene can come in handy and works even if you fail the roll (granted not as effective, as if you succeeded on the roll).

13. - Top - End - #103
    Titan in the Playground

Lunars have a charm :

Magpie’s Nest

generally for easy firewand summoning you just get a artifact version of one, then a charm to banish and summon it from Elsewhere so you can do that constantly without wasting a once-per scene utility charm thats more of creative problem solving tool, while the firedust thing is either a thing you have like Resources for, or you get an ammo-conjuring charm.

the only reason my own character doesn't have an artifact firewand herself is because I have enough merits already, crypt bolt attack is more sorcerous, and I needed the dots for the Dark Revelation Sphere.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

14. - Top - End - #104

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    Honestly sounds a little underpowered what with using a niche yellow metal instead of good silver dinars.

And those would be... like Resources 1 with extra steps.
    I originally decided against Silver because well being a Lunar and did not want to be super obvious about it. But I guess Silver makes sense in multiple ways so why not go with it. Khion also wanted to do some home decorating in Silver so it makes sense.

Now I only have to decide if I also am a paper money forger.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by watermargin View Post
    Gold is indeed used and other metals (usually in smaller coins tho from the details of At8D), the silver standard is simply a shorthand way to say most places try to match it to the silver dinars of the Guild. Granted for Exalted heroes you are better off just using Silver dinars in the Threshold and not worth spending too much time on the small details of the economy.

The charm is good, being able to pull something that it is worth resources 5 (you can use any ability technically) once per scene can come in handy and works even if you fail the roll (granted not as effective, as if you succeeded on the roll).
    Oh I like the charm and all that I just think pulling out coin in amounts small enough to conceal on the person is probably the least one can get away.

"Apparently we need a letter personally stamped by the Empress!"
    "... Get the wax. I have her seal right here"

I originally decided against Silver because well being a Lunar and did not want to be super obvious about it. But I guess Silver makes sense in multiple ways so why not go with it. Khion also wanted to do some home decorating in Silver so it makes sense.

Now I only have to decide if I also am a paper money forger.
    It's Exalted sir... just lean in and crank up as high as it will go then keep going.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Pixie in the Playground

Tomorrow is the last day for applications, so if you have any questions or want to post your character, its now or never.

17. - Top - End - #107

BlackDragon

Sorry it has taken so long i struggled with the Solar so went with a Sid instead.

Here is Serf of the Steel Jewel.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Dwarf in the Playground

Well, I guess I've just slipped in under the time limit by finally choosing a limit trigger.

Really though, good luck to all the potential PCs, and watermargin, I hope you find a party that really works (which ideally I get to be a part of :P)

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

Today the day?
    Thought of the Week: "Bright is the nova confined in the dark."
    =I= ONLY A FOOL CLAIMS TO KNOW EVERYTHING BUT FEAR NOTHING =I=

20. - Top - End - #110
    Pixie in the Playground

I would like to thank first everybody for applying and had a lot of fun reading all the characters but this game is pretty hard to run with more than 5 players, but I strongly believe all characters were well made, so here's the circle:

Lord Raziere
    Justanotherhero
    Qazgir
    Soras Teva Vee
    Bowerbird

Here's the OOC thread
    Last edited by watermargin; 2024-05-15 at 03:26 PM.