New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Outlaws of the Sea (Exalted 3e)

Outlaws of the Sea is a game of Exalted in the Dreaming Sea about strange magic, fair folk in ships of glass and Empires. You were mortal and now have been chosen by ancient powers, becoming an Exalted. Whatever your background may have been, the light of exaltation has touched you. Will you be a savior or an epitaph to the people?

Themes include Adventures At Sea, Echoes of Past Lives and vs the Wyld Hunt, the Dragon-Blooded of Imperial Prasad are one of the latest power conquering surrounding territories and facing against the anathema.

Meeting in the Nighted City, Champoor covered by a permanent shroud of twilight, ruled by the Court of Secrets and the Water Dragon Queen, Tenepeshu. The nighted City offers opportunities for Kadhar, those deal with life and death, to join expedition for wealth and glory, currently needing assistance with piracy on the major trade routes.

You get to play as one of the mighty Exalted:

-Abyssal Exalted are mighty necromancers, emissaries of the underworld and knights sworn to their Deathlord, but in this scenario with no DL in the dreaming sea and being a mixed group, you will be an antihero Abyssal with no allegiance to any DL.
    -Exigents unique exalted of lesser gods, you are even rarer than most exigents playing a celestial exigent (Strawmaiden Janest is allowed by default)
    -Lunar Exalted are tricksters, witches and monsters with the power to shapehift into animals or humans that they have hunted. The Silver Pact is their big support infrastructure.
    -Sidereal Exalted are the elite agents of Heaven's Bureau of Destiny as masters of martial arts and legendary mentors, they are in charge in making sure that Destiny comes to pass.
    -Solar Exalted are lawgivers, masters of human skills, peerless sorcerers and legendary artificers.

Character Creation

We will use Crucible Unified Character Creation works well for mixed games, you start with 55 XP to spend as per crucible entry p. 105 rather than bonus points, but follow character creation as normal.

The Mandate of Rulership in play to adjudicate various events.

The game will take place on this very forum.

Seeking 3 to 5 players.
    Last edited by watermargin; 2024-04-29 at 09:51 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Outlaws of the Sea (Exalted 3e)

I've never gotten to actually play 3rd Edition but I would FLIP for a chance to play an Eclipse Caste sailor. The ability to seal binding contracts under the Sun would be an interesting thing to have for a... privateer. Pirate is such an ugly word, especially when you only steal from people who can afford to lose it.

Any recommended reading outside of the core book and Crucible?

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by FrightKnight0 View Post
    I've never gotten to actually play 3rd Edition but I would FLIP for a chance to play an Eclipse Caste sailor. The ability to seal binding contracts under the Sun would be an interesting thing to have for a... privateer. Pirate is such an ugly word, especially when you only steal from people who can afford to lose it.

Any recommended reading outside of the core book and Crucible?
    Hey there FrightKnight0,

In general the corebook and crucible are enough reading to get the main gist of things. Arms of the chosen has changed how artifacts work, so become required reading, granted as a Solar you don't have to worry about it too much, you are resonant with any artifact material including exotic ones(Stats are the same from corebook just some difference in how they work). Across the Eight Directions has more details about the Dreaming Sea and other parts of the setting but depending on your budget, would just consider it optional reading.

An Eclipse Sailor would come in handy between Fair Folk and many various spirits, their diplomatic immunity is welcome and of course, traveling the Dreaming Sea.
    Last edited by watermargin; 2024-04-29 at 05:11 AM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

Since I've only ever gotten to play two half sessions of 3e, I too would love to play some here. I'm interested in an Abyssal, likely a Lord Soth style dusk cast looking at once for redemption and revenge, or an exigent of some variety. I believe I've got access to all the books I'll need, unless the Abyssal book has fully released and I've totally missed that.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qazgir View Post
    Since I've only ever gotten to play two half sessions of 3e, I too would love to play some here. I'm interested in an Abyssal, likely a Lord Soth style dusk cast looking at once for redemption and revenge, or an exigent of some variety. I believe I've got access to all the books I'll need, unless the Abyssal book has fully released and I've totally missed that.
    Abyssal is just in manuscript for now, probably no full release until next year. Lord Soth, cool reference.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

Hi !

I am interested and currently thinking about a young peacock/ sea snake Lunar called Seerceon:

https://www.lotcastingatemi.com/characters/24932

7. - Top - End - #7
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Justanotherhero View Post
    Hi !

I am interested and currently thinking about a young peacock/ sea snake Lunar called Seerceon:
    I'm going to assume, there will be some edit as Great Forks is pretty far from the Dreaming Sea for the last tidbit.
    For Lunars Shahan-ya involved in the Dreaming Sea, Tanisa-Ring Eater and Seven Obsidian Leopard are the big ones on Mount Namas.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

I have all the books and manuscripts including the Abyssal manuscript, and I want to play either an Abyssal Daybreak Caste necromancer girl, kinda of an traveling scholar/explorer or crafter kinda person crossed with creepy undead and darkness, or a Sidereal Chosen of Secrets sorcerer sent to investigate the Dreaming Sea on a long term open-ended mission with very little guidance since so much weirdness is happening there. I'd say more but I'm trying to keep my potential character concepts to two or less because if I start listing them all I'll be seized by indecision from so many good options.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

9. - Top - End - #9
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    I have all the books and manuscripts including the Abyssal manuscript, and I want to play either an Abyssal Daybreak Caste necromancer girl, kinda of an traveling scholar/explorer or crafter kinda person crossed with creepy undead and darkness, or a Sidereal Chosen of Secrets sorcerer sent to investigate the Dreaming Sea on a long term open-ended mission with very little guidance since so much weirdness is happening there. I'd say more but I'm trying to keep my potential character concepts to two or less because if I start listing them all I'll be seized by indecision from so many good options.
    The concepts sound good. Yes it is the hard part to stick to a concept or options that you like.
    Yeah the dreaming sea is definitely the weird fantasy pulp direction and its fun to explore.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlackDragon

I'd be interested in making a solar of some kind.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

Well I think the Silver Prince is really cool so an abyssal following him is what I'll make. Probably Dusk, just a big strong surprisingly friendly dead guy.

Edit: I have realized I am basically making Bartholomew Kuma from One Piece, and I'm okay with that.
    Last edited by Rokku; 2024-04-29 at 03:44 PM.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JollyChris View Post
    I'd be interested in making a solar of some kind.
    There could be many possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Rokku View Post
    Well I think the Silver Prince is really cool so an abyssal following him is what I'll make. Probably Dusk, just a big strong surprisingly friendly dead guy.
    The Silver Prince has no business in the dreaming Sea and is pretty much almost on the other side of the world. There are no DL activity on this side, mostly why I mention for Abyssal, you are probably rogue/independent.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by watermargin View Post
    There could be many possibilities.

The Silver Prince has no business in the dreaming Sea and is pretty much almost on the other side of the world. There are no DL activity on this side, mostly why I mention for Abyssal, you are probably rogue/independent.
    Oh whoops, I mixed up my seas. Back to the drawing board!

Edit: Okay, similar concept, but a Lunar. Orca maybe? I'll research various giant sea animals.
    Last edited by Rokku; 2024-04-29 at 03:56 PM.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Pixie in the Playground

Alright also since it might comes up:

Flametongue and Forest-tongue are the main languages of the Dreaming Sea.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Hmm… I might go for a Dragon-Blooded of some kind. If we’re doing the Dreaming Sea, maybe a rogue merchant captain or exiled noble from Prasad?

16. - Top - End - #16
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Epimetheus View Post
    Hmm… I might go for a Dragon-Blooded of some kind. If we’re doing the Dreaming Sea, maybe a rogue merchant captain or exiled noble from Prasad?
    I honestly haven't considered a dragon-blooded for this game, since its mostly celestial exalted circle. I guess would have to read on what they suggest for adding DB because probably need adjustment.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

If you think it doesn’t fit, I could go with a Celestial of some kind instead. I’m not married to the idea of a Dragon-Blooded or anything

18. - Top - End - #18
    Pixie in the Playground

If you think it doesn’t fit, I could go with a Celestial of some kind instead. I’m not married to the idea of a Dragon-Blooded or anything
    Yeah I think a celestial would be better for this scenario. Mostly have to consider some other stuffs when having a different tier in the same circle.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Halfling in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Definitely interested! Thinking of a Lunar "matchmaker" from Nechar, looking to amass tradegoods and build supernatural connections in Champoor

20. - Top - End - #20
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Argus0 View Post
    Definitely interested! Thinking of a Lunar "matchmaker" from Nechar, looking to amass tradegoods and build supernatural connections in Champoor
    A matchmaker from Nechara, alright and basically trying to expand connection for your house maybe?

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

I too am interested. Tinkering with an independent Serenity-Caste Sidereal, essentially a wandering bard, that could be a decent fit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Who
    Loving that fluff, loving it so much. If that fluff was a person I'd marry it.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bowerbird View Post
    I too am interested. Tinkering with an independent Serenity-Caste Sidereal, essentially a wandering bard, that could be a decent fit.
    A wandering bard could indeed be a decent fit.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground

So I'm now looking at a Full Moon Lunar with a Sperm Whale Spirit Shape. A Ysyri slave who led a rebellion and exalted in the process, he led the fight to the coast of Gralon and ferried as many of his bretheren away from the island as he could. He sees the opportunity to pirate the ships of oppressive regimes like Ysyr and Prasad as the chance to inflict justice on them and maybe bring freedom to some of their victims.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

I've got an exigent I'd like to pitch with a homebrew charmset if it's fine?
    Thought of the Week: "Bright is the nova confined in the dark."
    =I= ONLY A FOOL CLAIMS TO KNOW EVERYTHING BUT FEAR NOTHING =I=

25. - Top - End - #25
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rokku View Post
    So I'm now looking at a Full Moon Lunar with a Sperm Whale Spirit Shape. A Ysyri slave who led a rebellion and exalted in the process, he led the fight to the coast of Gralon and ferried as many of his bretheren away from the island as he could. He sees the opportunity to pirate the ships of oppressive regimes like Ysyr and Prasad as the chance to inflict justice on them and maybe bring freedom to some of their victims.
    Sounds like a good concept to me, and pretty much a good time to interject into Prasadi expansion and Ysyr conquests.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeRaids View Post
    I've got an exigent I'd like to pitch with a homebrew charmset if it's fine?
    You can pitch your exigent.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

You can pitch your exigent.
    Mechanics are here:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...t?usp=drivesdk

And character fluff is here:

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns about mechanics and I'll do my best to elaborate on intent where it's not clear!

28. - Top - End - #28
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

I’m thinking a Zenith now. The lone survivor of a shipwreck who spent years on an island trying to get by. They did everything they could think of to escape the island, but nothing worked. In the end, they cried out to any god who was listening to save them, and the Unconquered Sun appeared.

“I’m not going to save you, my child. I’m giving you what you need to save yourself.”

They were able to get off the island now that they have the power of the Sun, but I’m still undecided on how they got mixed up with our band of outlaws. Depends on what exact kind of pirates we wind up being.

Are we “being pirates is about freedom and adventure with your friends!” One Piece style? Or more “kill and pillage” style?

29. - Top - End - #29
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeRaids View Post
    Mechanics are here:

And character fluff is here:

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns about mechanics and I'll do my best to elaborate on intent where it's not clear!
    Give me sometime to read it well, will post my critic tomorrow.

I’m thinking a Zenith now. The lone survivor of a shipwreck who spent years on an island trying to get by. They did everything they could think of to escape the island, but nothing worked. In the end, they cried out to any god who was listening to save them, and the Unconquered Sun appeared.

“I’m not going to save you, my child. I’m giving you what you need to save yourself.”

They were able to get off the island now that they have the power of the Sun, but I’m still undecided on how they got mixed up with our band of outlaws. Depends on what exact kind of pirates we wind up being.

Are we “being pirates is about freedom and adventure with your friends!” One Piece style? Or more “kill and pillage” style?
    I mostly say outlaws since pretty much as Exalted, the Empires around are not big fan of the anathema, pretty much which I think most of the group will be.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

Give me sometime to read it well, will post my critic tomorrow.
    Appreciate it, if we can get it to a point where you feel good about it I'll be able to have a character sheet up for you in fairly short order. If it doesn't look like it'll work I have a narwhal lunar concept that could probably fit neatly.
    Last edited by DrakeRaids; 2024-04-30 at 05:48 PM.