New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Halfling in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: Questionable Content XX: XXX?

Marten owning a console actually was established rather early: http://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=7

2. - Top - End - #212
    Bugbear in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Majiy View Post
    Marten owning a console actually was established rather early: http://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=7
    I feel betrayed, it said DVD player under the comic.
    * my emphasis

http://dmreference.com/SRD/
    http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/

Things that don't kill me make me strong
    Things that do kill me leave me dead

3. - Top - End - #213
    Troll in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Agi Hammerthief View Post
    I feel betrayed, it said DVD player under the comic.
    Obviously it's one of the Panasonic DVD game dragon's lair clones. This one just happens to be about farming.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Colossus in the Playground

Wow, I had forgotten how much of a giant gaping &^%*&^%&$ Station was to the Lt. I followed the link and dang.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Wow, I had forgotten how much of a giant gaping &^%*&^%&$ Station was to the Lt. I followed the link and dang.
    I'm astonished he linked to that. The original joke was pretty cringey and I'm pretty sure he got flak for it at the time, and the follow up of "let me give you a load of money to bribe you" was somehow even worse. It's one of the few times I'm almost certain Jeph responded to criticism with Lt. Potter giving the money back and giving a lecture about how not okay it is. I would want to bury that bit of the story if I were him. The comic I would have linked to would have been one like this: https://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=2153

It still calls attention to just how far his character models have shifted. Knowing the characters are meant to be the same and looking back and forth I can't see any similarities. Even the hair color is wrong!

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ogre in the Playground

Probably have something to do with the military grade laser he once had, or how he antagonized Military Murder Bot 4000, which since moved to join his girlfriend in Canada.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

This is one of those situations where the author attempts to repudiate a line of thinking he has explicitly endorsed elsewhere in his text; we have seen before that Claire has been only too happy to render judgment on Marten's previous romantic decisions.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

She's also done nothing all week but frown, roll her eyes, and make sarcastic remarks. It's very difficult to interpret her demeanour as anything OTHER than being annoyed with Abby, who very definitely wasn't called Abbie the first time we met her.

I mean, I know a large part of that is because yet another dumbass AI just landed on her doorstep, but she's said one line to Moray and the rest to Abby - either she's being a jerk to Abby, or she's angry at Moray and taking it out on Abby, which also makes her a jerk.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    She's also done nothing all week but frown, roll her eyes, and make sarcastic remarks. It's very difficult to interpret her demeanour as anything OTHER than being annoyed with Abby, who very definitely wasn't called Abbie the first time we met her.

I mean, I know a large part of that is because yet another dumbass AI just landed on her doorstep, but she's said one line to Moray and the rest to Abby - either she's being a jerk to Abby, or she's angry at Moray and taking it out on Abby, which also makes her a jerk.
    This is one area where I'd give Claire something of a pass. Marten has dated a bunch of girls in the course of the comic and all of them are significantly more conventionally attractive than Claire. Some of that is art style: all the girls in the early period of the comic were unreasonably hot (CoD's employee roster at one point was Dora, Faye, Raven, and Penelope, which is just ridiculous), and the Lieutenant's redesign turned her into the pron-version of an Air Force officer. Jeph also put her nameplate on her epaulet, where it does not go, rather than her chest, where it's supposed to be, where it would de-emphasize her hotness. I can absolutely see a reminder of the fact that Marten's past relationships have involved women significantly more attractive than she is punching Claire right in the self-esteem.
    Now publishing a webnovel travelogue.

Resvier: a P6 homebrew setting