New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 233839404142434445464748
Results 1,411 to 1,414 of 1414
  1. - Top - End - #1411
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Default Re: Ionathus's Random Banter #249 -- Directionless Rambling Is Now Mandatory

Also Peelee. My volunteer work is temporary. If they like my work, I'm going to be hired with cash money for permanent work.
    It's time to get my Magikarp on!

2. - Top - End - #1412
    Ettin in the Playground

Griffon

Default Re: Ionathus's Random Banter #249 -- Directionless Rambling Is Now Mandatory

My theory of brontosauruses and what it is. They are small at one end, big in the middle and small at the other end. /Ponty Mython.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anne_E...Brontosauruses

Space aliens: I think, if they exist they are in the Oort cloud.

They are not Earth life, they came through light years of space, adaped to it and they don't like to be close to gravity wells at all, particularly stars, but they're not fond of planets either.

What are they like? they're skinny, not strong, but very clever. They almost must have body changing tech, so they can be any shape that makes sense. This excludes greys because the eyes don't fit the heads, but the rest of the grey design might work, though a dragon would be more fun.

Their great* grandparents might have launched the Chicxulub impactor, Or not, who knows, not me.
    Last edited by halfeye; Today at 01:37 PM.
    The end of what Son? The story? There is no end. There's just the point where the storytellers stop talking.

3. - Top - End - #1413
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by halfeye View Post
    My theory of brontosauruses and what it is. They are small at one end, big in the middle and small at the other end. /Ponty Mython.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anne_E...Brontosauruses

Space aliens: I think, if they exist they are in the Oort cloud.

They are not Earth life, they came through light years of space, adaped to it and they don't like to be close to gravity wells at all, particularly stars, but they're not fond of planets either.

What are they like? they're skinny, not strong, but very clever. They almost must have body changing tech, so they can be any shape that makes sense. This excludes greys because the eyes don't fit the heads, but the rest of the grey design might work, though a dragon would be more fun.

Their great* grandparents might have launched the Chicxulub impactor, Or not, who knows, not me.
    I think you're going to struggle to find any tool using species (which includes any space faring group by definition) that actively doesn't like to be in a gravity well. In order to use tools, you need stuff to make them and use them on. And stuff by and large comes either in tiny little chunks that you can't do much with on their own, or in planet sized chunks that have gravity wells and are in other gravity wells.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

4. - Top - End - #1414
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Hello everyone. A few days ago I wrote Chapter 19 in my D&D: The Dragoon Story so far.
    It's time to get my Magikarp on!