New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: Girl Genius XXXIII: Plotting, ranting, and menacing the countryside

Quote Originally Posted by Radar View Post
    The tall hat resembles that of Wulfenbach infantry, which led me to think of the Black Squad that has the ability to appear out of thin air somehow.
    Maybe one of the Black Squad members Krengulated by Zola?
    Post, post, post, post an amusing and insightful comment!

2. - Top - End - #122
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by HeeJay View Post
    "Girl Genius XXXIV: Stand fast. Aim true. Loot the bodies."
    Noted.

Whoever that is, they are to slender to be Dr. Vapnoople. The tall hat resembles that of Wulfenbach infantry, which led me to think of the Black Squad that has the ability to appear out of thin air somehow. Not sure how those abilities (or equipment) interfere with the time stop or how would those guys be relevant now. Other than that, not sure who could that be.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeeJay View Post
    Maybe one of the Black Squad members Krengulated by Zola?
    It's not like tall hats are uncommon. The hair is rather untidy for a trooper as well (although we don't see the hair in closeup in Zola's scene).

Zola's people (the one holding the mysterious ball especially, who thus had access to something that might have helped him in the timestop) had simillar hats. The difference is that their hats have a brim but no feather (in today's image we don't see a brim, and we don't see the top of the hat and so can't see the feather).
    Last edited by Manga Shoggoth; 2024-06-21 at 07:22 AM.
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

"The main skill of a good ruler seems to be not preventing the conflagrations but rather keeping them contained enough they rate more as campfires." Rogar Demonblud

"Hold on just a d*** second. UK has spam callers that try to get you to buy conservatories?!? Even y'alls spammers are higher class than ours!" Peelee

3. - Top - End - #123
    Barbarian in the Playground

Big hat + shaggy hair and clothes. That's reminiscent of a Jaeger, or some of the monsters on the Baron's payroll. My first guess was "captain Vole", but he got beefier lately, and I don't see why he would do secretive stuff behind Gil's back.

Mamma Gkika was also wearing a high infantry-hat when she got traped in the time bubble. And last we saw her, she was lunging at the device just as it went off (although what looked like the timer still indicated "5").

If it's a "normal" human (like a Wulfenbach black squad soldier), they may have been altered by whatever lets them walk through the temporal anomaly, explaining the disheveled look.
    Last edited by Kardwill; 2024-06-21 at 08:20 AM.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Bugbear in the Playground

Beholder

"Stand fast. Aim true. Loot the bodies."

Yup. Clearly uncouth murder hobos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestia View Post
    The British conquered the world in search of spices and then decided to use none of them.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Pixie in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Manga Shoggoth View Post
    Noted.

It's not like tall hats are uncommon. The hair is rather untidy for a trooper as well (although we don't see the hair in closeup in Zola's scene).

Zola's people (the one holding the mysterious ball especially, who thus had access to something that might have helped him in the timestop) had simillar hats. The difference is that their hats have a brim but no feather (in today's image we don't see a brim, and we don't see the top of the hat and so can't see the feather).

You try being trapped in a negaverse for 17 years and see how tidy you keep your hair and perky you keep your feathers.

We might get more of a clue when the full color version goes up, but right now the Black Squad is probably the closest approximation that hits both the mad science and the fashion sense.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyTheOrc View Post
    You try being trapped in a negaverse for 17 years and see how tidy you keep your hair and perky you keep your feathers.

We might get more of a clue when the full color version goes up, but right now the Black Squad is probably the closest approximation that hits both the mad science and the fashion sense.
    Keeping your hair and feathers in order is one of the ways you would survive... Keeping up appearances is a common psychological support.

I'll lay odds that no matter what happens, Black Squad or not the guy will still be in shadow.
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

"The main skill of a good ruler seems to be not preventing the conflagrations but rather keeping them contained enough they rate more as campfires." Rogar Demonblud

"Hold on just a d*** second. UK has spam callers that try to get you to buy conservatories?!? Even y'alls spammers are higher class than ours!" Peelee

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Manga Shoggoth View Post
    Keeping your hair and feathers in order is one of the ways you would survive... Keeping up appearances is a common psychological support.

I'll lay odds that no matter what happens, Black Squad or not the guy will still be in shadow.
    Case in point: Samurai Jack. His regular self vs. how he looked like after losing his sword.
    In a war it doesn't matter who's right, only who's left.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

The silhouette in the top hat seems familiar, including the shaggy appearance. Maybe one of the Mechanicsburg monsters?
    ~Xel

9. - Top - End - #129
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Xel View Post
    The silhouette in the top hat seems familiar, including the shaggy appearance. Maybe one of the Mechanicsburg monsters?
    which made me look and Hembelbrogg has a top hat kind of like that...
    Last edited by locksmith of lo; Today at 04:09 AM. Reason: rephrased for less certainty... :D
    It's "locksmith of LOVE!" not "LO!"

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by locksmith of lo View Post
    which made me look and Hembelbrogg has a top hat like that...
    That shadowy person is too thin to be Dr. Hembelbrogg though.
    In a war it doesn't matter who's right, only who's left.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

That shadowy person is too thin to be Dr. Hembelbrogg though.
    some shadowy person lurking in a time stopped environment... i would probably look a bit shaggy after a bit too.
    It's "locksmith of LOVE!" not "LO!"

12. - Top - End - #132
    Firbolg in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Hypothesizing freely: rival Dreen seeking to Murder Hobo upon this lovely monster before Agatha's trio can Hobo Murderously upon it, and thereby loot the body. They may not be as respectful of Mechanicsburg and its denizens as the original trio.
    This ... is my signature finishing move!

"It's never good when you make a fiend cringe" - MadGrady

According to some online quiz, I'm a 6th level TN Wizard. They didn't give me full XP for all the monsters I've defeated while daydreaming.
    http://easydamus.com/character.html

I am a Ranger Archetype: Gleaming Warden (thx to Ninja Prawn)

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ettin in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by locksmith of lo View Post
    which made me look and Hembelbrogg has a top hat kind of like that...
    That's not a top hat, it's a stovepipe hat, not that there's anything wrong with stovepipe hads, Brunnel used to wear one.
    The end of what Son? The story? There is no end. There's just the point where the storytellers stop talking.