New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: Breakfast Cereal Mascots Werewolf!

Some final thoughts.
    First off, good game, y'all. TheHalfAasimar, hope you stick around. You'll get the hang of reading folk as you play more games. We all felt blind our first one (or few).
    And I wish I weren't so wishy-washy about Caedorus.

If AV is a wolf, Book Wombat probably isn't. If AV and Book were the wolves, AV has no reason to push a vote on me now instead of letting it go to Illven. So I'll discredit AV/Book as a viable scenario. It could be the case, but if it were I think AV's making a bad move here that I just don't expect.
    I had some weak reasons for thinking Illven/Book aren't scumbuddies.
    While I can see a Caedorus/Illven world, I agree it's unlikely and certainly less likely than some other worlds.

So, assuming corncobweb and TheHalfAasimar are town, I discredit (with varying confidence):
    • AV/Book Wombat (reasoning: AV's posts seem unnecessary if this were the wolf duo)
    • Illven/Book Wombat (reasoning: some voting seems unnecessarily dangerous if this was the wolf duo)
    • Caedorus/Illven (reasoning: Caedorus has fairly strongly pushed for Illven today. Yeah, I called it potential bussing, but I admit it's unlikely)

That leaves the most likely pairs as:
    • Caedrous/AvatarVecna

Now, AV/Illven.
    It seems the obvious pairing, but it's hard to believe wolf!AV would so blatantly go after me like she did, protecting Illven, if such were the case. But WIFOM makes it hard to parse if it really rules out that.

- - - Updated - - -

Forgot Caedorus / Book Wombat as a pair.
    D1 voting... Caedorus voted Book. Book wasn't really on the radar at that time and seemed likely it'd be others, so could be a distancing move.
    D2 voting... Book voted Caedorus. While I think Caedorus was seeming fairly safe at the time -- I had given him some towncred, others looked more suspicious -- this seems riskier as distancing.

Can't rule it out as possible wolves, but less likely than one of the pairs with AV.
    I'm not sure if my reason for discrediting the Illven/BookWombat is any stronger than this or not, but Caedorus/Book Wombat feels more believable.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

I missed the thing about confirming receipts but frankly I don't think that's as solid evidence as you do. "I acknowledged I received my role PM" probably means the wolves know they're the wolves. It does not mean that if CCW had like a family emergency and disappeared off the face of the earth, there's 0% chance he's scum.

In fact I could make a decent argument that this is proof CCW is a wolf. If CCW is fully absent, this game is like almost over. Why haven't they been subbed out? We have someone signed up as a substitute for once, and CCW being missing this long is causing serious issues. CCW confirming receipt and then deliberately not posting is maybe not a very nice scum strategy, but it's fits the evidence until such time as 3SC actually steps in. I don't think that's the situation we're in, mind you. But receipts being confirmed is not hardcore evidence that an absent player isn't a wolf.

I have another reason for voting you. Initially it was going to be a reason to vote CCW out regardless of their alignment, but since we have a substitute waiting in the wings, that's less of a dire emergency than I initially feared. So it's not worth mentioning, in case it's not occurred to wolves. If it had occurred to wolves, though, they would want CCW alive and absent D3. And there's one person who's been pushing that more than anyone else.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Initially it was going to be a reason to vote CCW out regardless of their alignment, but since we have a substitute waiting in the wings, that's less of a dire emergency than I initially feared.
    Realized after posting just how bad this can sound, so I'm gonna clarify what worried me when I initially thought it through: supposing we yeet somebody other than CCW, and they turn out to be town, that means tomorrow is gonna be 5 players. That's CCW and 4 other people, with two wolves in the mix. If CCW is a wolf, they need to die at some point, so why not today? If CCW is a townie...that means that tomorrow would be 2 town vs 2 wolf with CCW absent. If CCW doesn't get subbed out, and doesn't show up tomorrow...today is effectively LYLO unless wolves fall on their face and don't wagon somebody early.

This was a much bigger concern before I noticed there was a sub on hand. I still think wolves would prefer to bring an absent CCW or a "not up to speed" 3SC to F5, but the available substitution means that CCW doesn't have to die right this second regardless of their alignment.

- - - Updated - - -

As far as the "receipts confirmed" thing goes, a thing for clarification:

Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    Everyone SHOULD have a role PM. If you do not, send me a PM please.
    "If you didn't get a PM, let me know" means that receipts confirmed could be that Xi just didn't get PMs from anybody saying they didn't have their role. Granted I'm also assuming that Xi would be competent enough to notice one of her wolves not entering wolfchat. But like confirmation of receipts doesn't necessarily mean "wolves have been on the forum since game start", and also doesn't necessarily mean "it's literally impossible for someone who hasn't posted in-thread to be a wolf". That's purely speculative. I think it's more likely to be true than false, but it's not close to 100% in my mind, the way it seems to be in Jeen's.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheHalfAasimar View Post
    Hey, AV, thanks for putting my thoughts into words. That was probably my thought process when voting JeenLeen, thanks for being able to put it into a word format.
    strongest reason for me to change my vote right here, tbh

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

@Xihirli: can we know rules about when/if a substitute would sub in for corncobweb?
    If you answer "you don't know", can we know if the wolves would get the same answer or not?

Wolves could have asked this privately and know, and maybe that's encouraging the early corncob vote today: info-less vote getting rid of someone potentially being replaced this Night or next Day with an active player.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

Hey, AV, thanks for putting my thoughts into words. That was probably my thought process when voting JeenLeen, thanks for being able to put it into a word format.
    It's really weird to me that the order of events is like

1) HA votes Jeen
    2) Jeen makes his post doing a bunch of sus stuff
    3) I vote Jeen and clarify why Jeen's last post was so sus
    4) HA says "that's why I voted him too"

This could be blatant pocketing I guess but like

If Jeen is scum, HA would be pushing back against this. If Jeen was town, the right wolf move is to shut up and let town mislynch someone, and I'm sure HA's partner would tell them as much. This is a really weird post to make as either alignment.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Caedorus View Post
    Jeen keeps talking about "the Illven wagon" which as of their own vote change does not exist anymore. I agree that aorn Corn is unlikely to be a wolf - or wolves are screwed if they are - and I don't want to vote myself so if I wanted to not start a new wagon I'd vote Jeenleen.
    Like I still townlean ccw and think being absent makes them more likely to be town, but if I were scum and ccw was my scumbuddy who disappeared off the face of the earth, stuff like this bolded would bitterly creep into my posts too, I think.

I'm fairly sure there's (at least) one wolf in Jeen/Illven. Right now, Illven looks like the better vote, seeing as Jeen is more active. But if Illven flips town Jeen is next on the accused stand.
    If Illven flips wolf though, Jeen is pretty much towncleared? (paranoia sets in) Allthough it could be bussing... Throwing a suspicion, voting, changing vote before EOD...
    But tbh I don't believe that.
    I scumleaned Jeen in part for looking like he's setting up for the next mislynch, and this is just the same thing, if Cae is partnered with BW/HA/ccw (as the above point maybe implies).

Actually I just realised this means that fmpov there is guaranteed at least one wolf in AV/Jeen/Illven and more likely 2, since Half is an unlikely candidate. But on the other hand from everyone else's pov this means that unless the wolves decided to both try to kill snow d1 I'm at least 50% sure a wolf.
    Assuming we completely disregard Book/Ccw.
    If there are three wolves we're f***ed. That would mean there are 7 players left with three wolves and one inactive. But that would also mean that town only got one misyeet before LYLO and that wouldn't be fair.

Conclusion: Book looks good, AV/Jeen/Illven look sus
    I'm getting weird vibes from HA for their post essentially pocketing me that doesn't make sense as either alignment. Here's a different possible pocketing, where Caedorus is just...making the same argument I made in post 47, except with him as the cleared townie instead of me. Looking helpful without being helpful.

All these posts are to say, if there's zero wolves in JL/HA/Cae, this game's really frickin weird. Part of me thinks it's just Jeen, part of me thinks it's just Cae, but I don't think they're paired. So either I'm really wrong about one of them, or they're doing some masterful distancing, faking tying themselves to people other than each other. More likely it's just one of them.

My Homebrew

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

As I should die any moment now, I'll throw out it's hard to tell if AV's post is
    1) legit townie paranoia / contemplation
    2) a wolf trying to set up most anyone as the lynch for next Day.

Noting, unless I missed it, that Illven is absent as suspicious in her post. It mostly casts shade at TheHalfAasimar, Caedorus, and corncob. If AV is a wolf and partnered with Book Wombat or Illven, then... well, it's a good setup.

On the other hand, I doubt it's AV and TheHalfAasimar as she's been the one most suspicious of him,

- - - Updated - - -

EDIT: "On the other hand" was kinda a typo. I had written a "well, maybe the two of them (AV/Aasimar) are scum if XYZ is the strategy", but it seemed too convoluted and not worth actually writing, so I deleted it.
    Just one hand in my argument.

- - - Updated - - -

Final, final (final?) thought: unless Illven is excluded via bad weather at the moment, her silence feels suspicious. Like, not wanting to say anything to tip the votes from me to her.

Slight boost to suspicion of AV/Illven as most likely wolfpair.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground

Pencils Down!

I will be contacting our alternate over this night phase.

End of Day 2

Right outside of the Gifted classroom, School Security Guard Karl was patrolling. Approaching him came a mad scientist, cackling and carrying two sugar bombs.
    "Enough to explode the heart of an elephant! And ALMOST enough to make up a child’s healthy breakfast!"
    "You’re a madman!" Karl went for his gun, but as we all know, sugar beats gun.
    Karl’s sugar rush ended with him ripped in half somewhere in in Canada.

Start of Night 2
    It will last ~24 hours.

Spoiler: Players
    Show
    Player Alignment Role
    bladescape Panda Second Grade Teaching Lead Mrs. Brinson
    BookWombat Panda Chess Club Chair Tina
    Caedorus
    Corncobweb
    Illven
    JeenLeen Panda Security Guard Karl
    Snowblaze Panda Fourth Grade Teaching Lead Dr. Pancratz
    TheHalfAasimar
    Last edited by Xihirli; 2024-05-30 at 11:16 AM.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

7. - Top - End - #67
    Halfling in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Did we actually get the alignment?
    Quotes
    I play W/W Mafia! I still claim I was Town all along! Believe me!
    Spoiler: Idea stolen from Snowblaze
    Show

W/W games played (excludes spectating) total: 11
    W/W games won: 7
    W/W games lost: 5
    W/W games narrated: 0
    W/W games spectated: 7, 1 of which with interaction
    W/W games as wolf: 3
    W/W games as Town: 6
    W/W games as Neutral: 2
    W/W games as Other: 0

8. - Top - End - #68
    Pixie in the Playground

Hello
    I didn't realize this game was happening because I only checked discord, not GiantITP. Sorry. I'm reading to catch up now.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Pixie in the Playground

I'm halfway to caught up. I'm suspecting that the Sugary Cereals (wolf team) doesn't have a private chat; they can only communicate with each other on this public forum. Can narrator confirm if this is something we are allowed to know?

Also, what happens on a vote tie?

- - - Updated - - -

Also, is Panda the same as Town?

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by corncobweb View Post
    I'm halfway to caught up. I'm suspecting that the Sugary Cereals (wolf team) doesn't have a private chat; they can only communicate with each other on this public forum. Can narrator confirm if this is something we are allowed to know?

Also, what happens on a vote tie?

- - - Updated - - -

Also, is Panda the same as Town?
    A) They have a Xoyondo.
    2) First to the tied number dies.
    Gamma) Yes

Welcome back!

- - - Updated - - -

Did we actually get the alignment?
    Oh right
    I promise I've done this before.
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

11. - Top - End - #71
    Pixie in the Playground

@JeenLeen

I interpreted the "waiting for confirmation" line from narrator as waiting for a moderator of the Structured Games forum to reply. Or perhaps a neutral role which needs to pick something before the game begins, but I'm pretty sure this game doesn't have neutral players.

- - - Updated - - -

It's weird that AvatarVecna voted JeenLeen (in part) for pushing Caedorus, and then by the end of the day AvatarVecna was pushing Caedorus.

However I might have read that wrong. I'll give it a reread before incorporating it into my votes tomorrow.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by corncobweb View Post
    @JeenLeen

I interpreted the "waiting for confirmation" line from narrator as waiting for a moderator of the Structured Games forum to reply. Or perhaps a neutral role which needs to pick something before the game begins, but I'm pretty sure this game doesn't have neutral players.

- - - Updated - - -

It's weird that AvatarVecna voted JeenLeen (in part) for pushing Caedorus, and then by the end of the day AvatarVecna was pushing Caedorus.

However I might have read that wrong. I'll give it a reread before incorporating it into my votes tomorrow.
    I was pushing caedorus really early. I can find caedorus suspicious for his behavior, while still thinking his reason for suspecting caedorus is bad.

My Homebrew

13. - Top - End - #73
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

So, uh, sorry for saying a dumb thing. I misread AV's post and figured 'Hey, that's my train of thought' and I said a dumb thing. Sorry about that.
    Hello! I hope you're all having a good day. I make homebrew, could you look at it?

14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground

End of Night 2

The Chess Club was one of the represented aspects of the student body that got a vote in the decision to remove sugary breakfast cereal from the menu, striking down the dissenting opinion from the Candy Club.
    It perhaps should have come as no surprise when Avery reported on Bamboo News
    "The body of our Chess Club Chair, Tina Johnson, was found with a bag over her head filled with candy-coated rice. Dry drowned. In further news, we move to an interview with PTSA mom, Karen. Karen, what are your responses to the demands that we reverse our choice to push for a healthy, balanced breakfast for our students?"
    "These cereal monsters think they can bully us into changing our minds. Think they can terrify us into doing whatever they want. What do we say to that? We refuse! Panda Elementary does not negotiate with terrorists. And I will single-handedly stuff and mount that tiger!"

Book Wombat has died. He was Tina, the Chess Club Chair.

Start of Night 2
    It will last ~24 hours.

Spoiler: Players
    Show
    Player Alignment Role
    bladescape Panda Second Grade Teaching Lead Mrs. Brinson
    BookWombat Panda Chess Club Chair Tina
    Caedorus
    Corncobweb
    Illven
    JeenLeen Panda Security Guard Karl
    Snowblaze Panda Fourth Grade Teaching Lead Dr. Pancratz
    TheHalfAasimar

Begin Day 3
    It will last ~48 hours.
    Show

15. - Top - End - #75

OldWizardGuy

Since Jeen was town Illven is likely a wolf (Jeen seemed certain about that so)
    Quotes
    Show

16. - Top - End - #76
    Colossus in the Playground

Counterpoint i already sorted my name claim.

- - - Updated - - -

Softed the word is soft. I hate typing on mobile.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

17. - Top - End - #77

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Counterpoint i already sorted my name claim.

- - - Updated - - -

Softed the word is soft. I hate typing on mobile.
    Do the wolves not get names? Or different ones?

That seems counterintuitive to the whole "vanilla werewolf" thing, half the point of which is that claiming isn't a thing

@Xihirli can you clarify?
    Quotes
    Show

18. - Top - End - #78

I mean I'm just assuming that the wolves are cereal mascots meanwhile we have normal names?

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

I mean I'm just assuming that the wolves are cereal mascots meanwhile we have normal names?
    I think they more mean that it's more or less meaningless cuz the point of claiming is that there's a particular reason to keep you alive as opposed to somebody else. "Don't shoot, I'm a vanillager" isn't a compelling argument, especially in a game where everybody is a vanillager.

Not that it matters much to me personally, tho. I already suspected Caedorus for his behavior. With BCH out of contention, ccw available to play (and no longer having weird partner equity with jeen since jeen flipped town), this is where I'd hit next. If anybody has arguments, let's hear em.

My Homebrew

20. - Top - End - #80
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

We're down to 5 players... and with presumably two wolves in the group, we can't risk taking our chances anymore. We have to find the wolves, not yeet without any rhyme or reason. I vote Caedorus., 'cause he seems like the safest option right now.
    Hello! I hope you're all having a good day. I make homebrew, could you look at it?

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

Do the wolves not get names? Or different ones?

That seems counterintuitive to the whole "vanilla werewolf" thing, half the point of which is that claiming isn't a thing

@Xihirli can you clarify?
    The wolf names are Professor Wheeto; Tony the Tiger; Snap, Crackle and Pop; and Crazy Craving.
    Show

22. - Top - End - #82
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    The wolf names are Professor Wheeto; Tony the Tiger; Snap, Crackle and Pop; and Crazy Craving.
    And I would assume that two of them are players, right?

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

And I would assume that two of them are players, right?
    That does sound like an assumption you could make, yes.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #84

Halfaasimar can I ask why you seem so eager to just agree with anything Vecna says?

25. - Top - End - #85

OldWizardGuy

I think they more mean that it's more or less meaningless cuz the point of claiming is that there's a particular reason to keep you alive as opposed to somebody else. "Don't shoot, I'm a vanillager" isn't a compelling argument, especially in a game where everybody is a vanillager.

Not that it matters much to me personally, tho. I already suspected Caedorus for his behavior. With BCH out of contention, ccw available to play (and no longer having weird partner equity with jeen since jeen flipped town), this is where I'd hit next. If anybody has arguments, let's hear em.
    We're down to 5 players... and with presumably two wolves in the group, we can't risk taking our chances anymore. We have to find the wolves, not yeet without any rhyme or reason. I vote Caedorus., 'cause he seems like the safest option right now.
    That... *Is* kinda suspicious, tbh, both for AV and Aasimar
    Quotes
    Show

26. - Top - End - #86
    Titan in the Playground

That... *Is* kinda suspicious, tbh, both for AV and Aasimar
    Why me? I have actual arguments and he's just latching on

My Homebrew

27. - Top - End - #87
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Halfaasimar can I ask why you seem so eager to just agree with anything Vecna says?
    I'm bad at werewolf, he isn't. Figured I'd follow his train of thought; seemed smart enough.

28. - Top - End - #88

Why me? I have actual arguments and he's just latching on
    The thought would be why is Half-aasimar just parroting your votes if he's not a wolf partner with you.

Granted. I think you're smarter then that, but maybe that's what you want me to assume (WIFOM)

29. - Top - End - #89
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

The thought would be why is Half-aasimar just parroting your votes if he's not a wolf partner with you.

Granted. I think you're smarter then that, but maybe that's what you want me to assume (WIFOM)
    Now that you bring that up...

I suspect Illven after using my brain for once.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Pixie in the Playground

I can't re-read the whole thread right now to form a final opinion, but JeenLeen's pairing analysis forms some basis for a conversation-starter.

(snipped most of the post, you can scroll back to it for the full post.)

Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    Some final thoughts.
    [...]I wish I weren't so wishy-washy about Caedorus.

If AV is a wolf, Book Wombat probably isn't. If AV and Book were the wolves, AV has no reason to push a vote on me now instead of letting it go to Illven. So I'll discredit AV/Book as a viable scenario. It could be the case, but if it were I think AV's making a bad move here that I just don't expect.
    I had some weak reasons for thinking Illven/Book aren't scumbuddies.
    While I can see a Caedorus/Illven world, I agree it's unlikely and certainly less likely than some other worlds.

That leaves the most likely pairs as:
    • Caedrous/AvatarVecna

Now, AV/Illven.
    It seems the obvious pairing, but it's hard to believe wolf!AV would so blatantly go after me like she did, protecting Illven, if such were the case. But WIFOM makes it hard to parse if it really rules out that.

- - - Updated - - -

Forgot Caedorus / Book Wombat as a pair.
    D1 voting... Caedorus voted Book. Book wasn't really on the radar at that time and seemed likely it'd be others, so could be a distancing move.
    D2 voting... Book voted Caedorus. While I think Caedorus was seeming fairly safe at the time -- I had given him some towncred, others looked more suspicious -- this seems riskier as distancing.

Can't rule it out as possible wolves, but less likely than one of the pairs with AV.
    I'm not sure if my reason for discrediting the Illven/BookWombat is any stronger than this or not, but Caedorus/Book Wombat feels more believable.
    JeenLeen's suspected pairings:
    • Caedorus/AvatarVecna
    • Caedorus/Book Wombat

Illven for now. I don't have good reasons for this.

Suspicion of myself is valid as well, since only JeenLeen was sure I'm with the Pandas. (If I weren't me, I wouldn't say corncobweb was surely Pandas, either). However it's hard for anyone to draw conclusions about pairings with me, because I was a "slankwolf" AKA forgot this game had started. But let's see possible pairings with me by all the times I was mentioned:
    • Day 1: JeenLeen looks at who has not posted at all which concludes corncobweb is Town (thinks Caedorus hasn't posted either, recants the mistake Day 2).
    • Night 1: Caedorus says the last thing for the night: "Unrelated, I think corncobweb hasn't posted yet?"
    • Day 2: Illven begins a pressure vote on corncobweb. JeenLeen joins the conversation on getting corncobweb to start posting, but does not vote. Then JeenLeen looks at last activity and concludes that corncobweb probably can't be a Wolf. Caedorus joins the pressure vote. AvatarVecna says corncobweb could definitely be a wolf, but it's not worth voting for them because it doesn't yield info. JeenLeen and Caedorus agree with AvatarVecna and move their votes. AvatarVecna fires back at JeenLeen for clearing corncobweb. I don't think AvatarVecna fully understood JeenLeen's original reason for clearing at the beginning. Illven brings up the argument that if corncobweb were town, narrator would have tapped the replacement player. JeenLeen writes the pairing post that I quoted at the beginning. AvatarVecna says [url=https://forums.giantitp.com/showsinglepost.php?p=26020272&postcount=64] there might be a Caedorus/corncobweb pairing slip.

Yes, I'm inviting suspicion on me. This is a complete list of every time I was mentioned, prior to my first post. You can use your own judgement to determine pairings with me. Be thorough.
    Last edited by corncobweb; 2024-05-31 at 10:25 AM. Reason: got some formatting tags wrong.