A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 1 of 25 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 722
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Apr 2007

    Default Eberron - First Inn, First Out

    It is the 25th of Zarantyr.

    In a relatively quiet community of about 300 strong, there is an Inn. Well, there are many Inns, but this one is special. It is the first Inn, at least as far as Ghallanda is concerned. Going back as far as the halflings have bothered to keep track.

    Within, there lies a boisterous group of travelers, relaxing after a long, bitter cold, road. All told, there are maybe 50 or 60. And the wine and ale is flowing freely. Most of the tables are constantly full, forcing people to mingle. Food is eternally pouring in from the kitchen in the back, expert waiters somehow managing to avoid any spills.

    It is a diverse group of many races and many creeds. The symbol of the Silver Flame can be spotted here or there. As well as the clergy of a few of the Sovereign Host. At a corner table, an exhausted human priestess of the Fury sits eating almost alone. Giving knowing glances to some of the patrons as often as others thrust wary glances onto her. Elsewhere, one of the three warforged present is acting remarkably sociable as he attempts to strike up a conversation. At the same time, a dwarf can just barely be overheard critiquing the Inn's layout, suggesting that they wall up one of the side exits in order to beef up security.

    Suddenly, a haggard-looking elf stumbles roughly through the front doors, causing an incredibly brief hush to fall. Without pausing to address the onlookers, he rushes to the bar, reserves one of the few rooms remaining, and proceeds to order one wine bottle after another. After an hour or two he collapses, plainly unconscious. One of the barkeepers then asks some of the patrons to haul him up to the second floor.

    As the night wears on, the many patrons leave for their rooms, either in this Inn or elsewhere in town. One of the proprietors remains to keep watch over the nearly empty floor.



    --------------------------------------------------

    Ok guys, this is going to be a little unorthodox but...

    *Roll Initiative*



    DungeonMaster77:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You awaken in your room refreshed. The room has an eerie illumination and turning to face the door you see 2 sets of shining eyes low to the ground glaring at you. You see your gear where you left it last night.


    GimliFett:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You awaken in your room refreshed. The room has an eerie illumination and turning to face the door you see 3 sets of shining eyes low to the ground glaring at you. You see your gear where you left it last night.


    Randel:
    Spoiler
    Show
    While busy practicing your craft, your room suddenly becomes darker. It looks like the room's lantern has gone out, but there remains an eerie illumination. Turning to your left, toward the door, you see 3 sets of shining eyes low to the ground glaring at you.


    Suzoro:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You awaken in what you can only assume to be the room you rented last night. A raging hangover pierces your mind and when you turn to face the door you see 3 sets of shining eyes low to the ground glaring at you. Behind them you see your backpack. But your weapons rest on the end table next to your bed.


    WillWolf
    Spoiler
    Show
    You awaken in your room refreshed. The room has an eerie illumination and turning to face the door you see 3 sets of shining eyes low to the ground glaring at you. You see your gear where you left it last night.


    You can declare what actions you're taking right away, but realize that depending on initiative circumstances may change. Ask any questions in the OOC channel.

    * post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by Theli; 2007-12-17 at 03:27 PM.

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    GimliFett's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Trogland.Texas.DFW-ish
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Eberron - First Inn, First Out

    Syd
    Initiative: (1d20+2)[16]


    Syd notes his observers with slitted eyes before suddenly lunging out of bed for his rapier and standing in an en garde position.
    Last edited by GimliFett; 2007-12-17 at 04:42 PM.
    I have returned!! Not that most of y'all know whom I am.

    Mega-Awesome Avatar done by Dawn!

    The Many Faces of GimliFett.


  3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    DungeonMaster77's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Eberron - First Inn, First Out

    Father Porter

    Rolling for Initiative: (1d20+1)[17](18)

    "Be you good or evil?" He asks the sets of eyes.

    Regardless of the response, he pulls up the wooden-painted-silver holy symbol around his neck. He inches towards his gear gets up out of bed, intending on picking up his shield where it lies with his equipment on the chair next to his bed first, then his morningstar if it is close enough and he has enough actions, and readies himself for an attack.


    What kind of devilry is this...

    ***OOC: WOOT!! Finally the board dice roller shows me some love! Also, that last bit is more for flavor, as he has no more actions remaining.
    Last edited by DungeonMaster77; 2007-12-17 at 04:11 PM.
    My Awsome Sig!
    Spoiler
    Show

    The Original Narrator for the SMBG "Werewolf" game
    WEREWOLF CENTRAL
    Avatar by Sampi
    LET CHAOS RULE: Turquoise bicycle shoe fins actualize radishes greenly!
    It's not about making money, it's about taking money; destroying the status quo. Because the status...is not quo.

    Games I run: Fallout: Great Plains (Redux)

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Alaska
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Eberron - First Inn, First Out

    Rolling Initiative: (1d20+3)[22]



    ...What the duece...? I didn't order room service
    Aelodin gets up slowly, still not positive this isn't a dream. Walks over to the table with his weapons, his eyes constantly watching the eyes, grabs his pick and prepares.
    Well...I can say with somewhat certainty that this isn't a dream. Oh, well, I need some anger management anyways!
    And with that, he grips the pick and prepares himself.


    Actions
    Spoiler
    Show
    Move action: Get up
    Move action: Pick up heavy pick and wield it in two hands
    Teach me, Please
    I need the abilities to live
    Silly me, I tried to measure it by what I could give




    "There are nights when the wolves are silent, And only the moon howls...."
    -George Carlin

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2007

    Default Re: Eberron - First Inn, First Out

    Carmot

    Inititative:(1d20+1)[7]

    Turning towards the three sets of eyes, he looks at them.

    Three of them, low to the ground. These are either halflings, gnomes, or goblins.

    "Who are you, friend or foe?" He says in common, but then says in goblin, "What do you want?"

    He pulls out his dagger and casts light on it.
    Last edited by Randel; 2007-12-17 at 10:58 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Audious View Post
    Randel, you are a gentleman and a scholar.

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2007

    Default Re: Eberron - First Inn, First Out

    Richard:

    (d20+1)[4](5) Iniative

    He groggidly awoke, still somewhat tired from his trip, and saw three sets of eyes in the shadows. He chasticed himself for not sleeping his armor, for in all reality, he could have done so. His armor with the rest of his gear was against the wall, but his sword was on his bedside stand. He grabbed it imedietly and stared down the three beings that stared at him from the darkness, trying to pry into their very soul.

    (({ooc: If they are evil.} He abstained from trying to cut them down immedietly with his sword. Outnumbered or not, he had no tolerance on those who preyed on the sleepers of the inn. He could only assume that he awoke because he some how sensed them in the dark. He got out of bed sword in hand and readying for a fight.

    "Show yourself. I will not tolerate you bothering the people of the inn."))

    (({ooc: if good/Neutral} "What is it?" His sword still in hand, readying to strike from his bed.))

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Apr 2007

    Default Re: Eberron - First Inn, First Out

    Suzuro:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Init: 22

    Immediately after jumping out of bed and grabbing your pick, the things the eyes belong to start moving. They split up, one coming straight toward you, one to the left, and one to the right. Soon they, what can only be described as shadowy weasels, are upon you and you have a choice of which to attack.


    OOC: Attack of Opportunity on whichever target you wish. Also, this is one of those rare times where you can make a Listen check.


    DungeonMaster77:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Init: 18

    "Be you good or evil?"

    You get out of bed clutching your holy symbol and manage to grab and don your shield before they, what can only be described as shadowy weasels, spring into action. They split up, left and right, rushing toward you.


    OOC: You can make an attack of opportunity by bashing with your shield, suffering a -4 non-proficiency penalty and doing 1d4 + half your STR mod in damage, but then you will be without its AC until your next turn. If you do this, choose a target, left or right. Let me know if you decide to not take the AOO.


    GimliFett:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Init: 16

    Immediately after you lunge out of bed and grab your rapier, the things the eyes belong to start moving. They split up, one coming straight toward you, one to the left, and one to the right. Soon they, what can only be described as shadowy weasels, are upon you and you have a choice of which to attack.

    OOC: Attack of Opportunity on whichever target you wish.



    Randel:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Init: 7

    "Who are..."

    Before you were able to spit out another word, the things the eyes belong to start moving. Closing distance quickly and climbing up your legs they, what can only be described as shadowy weasels, seem to almost be playing with you as they run rampant around your wood and metal frame. That is before one of them opens its mouth wide, snarls, and bites your neck hard. A gleam of light escapes from the area where the creature bit. The creature stays attached there, refusing to let go.

    OOC: You take one point of HP damage and one point of Con damage. (Lowering your HP to 4 total.) You can now take whatever actions you were planning to. Although you have a natural weapon in the form of a slam attack which you can use to strike the attached creature, which is now denied its Dex to AC. Also, if you move it's likely the other creatures will fall off.

    Also, this is one of those rare times where you can make a Listen check.


    Willwolf:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Init: 5

    Too groggy to react in time, the things the eyes belong to start moving. Climbing up on the bed they, what can only be described as shadowy weasels, seem to almost be playing with you as they run rampant. That is before one of them opens its mouth wide, snarls, and lunges for your neck. But, through sheer *DUMB LUCK*, reflexive action saves your jugular and you hear a soft thud behind you as the creature goes flying past.

    OOC: Now you can take whatever actions you wish. Note that Detect Evil is a standard action. You can attempt to strike these things unarmed, if you wanted to, but it would provoke a counter-attack from the creature you strike at. Getting out of bed may force these things off you.
    Last edited by Theli; 2007-12-18 at 12:56 AM.

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2007

    Default Re: Eberron - First Inn, First Out

    Carmot

    "I am under attack!" Carmot shouts as he bashes at one of the weasel things. He moves towards the door, trying to shake off the creatures as he does so. He listens for whatever there is to listen to.

    Slam attack:(1d20+0)[3]
    Damage:(1d4)[2]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Audious View Post
    Randel, you are a gentleman and a scholar.

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2007

    Default Re: Eberron - First Inn, First Out

    Carmot

    Oh yeah, and the listen and spot checks

    Listen:(1d20)[9]
    Spot:(1d20)[12]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Audious View Post
    Randel, you are a gentleman and a scholar.

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2007

    Default Re: Eberron - First Inn, First Out

    It was all like a dream really. Weird ferrity things running up and down his bedpost and circling around his legs. Groggidly he blinked and then dodged barely as the thing tried to eat his

    What the heck? What were these things? They certainly weren't anything he had seen before and he had been in the wilderness for all of his young life. It wasn't anything he had heard about either, but then again he never really did understand when things were happening.

    But he realized now that he was under attack, and that his armor was tucked away with the rest of his gear. The only thing that he had within reach was his weapon. The only thing that he really cared about was trying to figure out what the heck was happening.

    He got out of bed, snarling at the creatures, and before he knew it shifted in reflex as the monsters clambered for him. He readied his weapon for attack, holding it in both hands, without a shield, he'd need all the strength behind the attacks that he could get.

    ((ooc: Free action: is Shifting ... Move action: Get off the bed ... Double Move action: Draw weapon [from bedpost]))

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    DungeonMaster77's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Eberron - First Inn, First Out

    Father Porter

    Hmmm...it seems I am under attack...

    Fr. Porter attempts to bash the beastie on his right as an AOO.

    (1d20-2)[20](18)(1d20 + 2 attack bonus, -4 non prof. penalty = -2)

    ***OOC: WOOT!!!! Nat 20!!! Dang the boards love me in this game.

    Oops...forgot...gotta make new post for new rolls.
    Last edited by DungeonMaster77; 2007-12-18 at 09:34 AM.
    My Awsome Sig!
    Spoiler
    Show

    The Original Narrator for the SMBG "Werewolf" game
    WEREWOLF CENTRAL
    Avatar by Sampi
    LET CHAOS RULE: Turquoise bicycle shoe fins actualize radishes greenly!
    It's not about making money, it's about taking money; destroying the status quo. Because the status...is not quo.

    Games I run: Fallout: Great Plains (Redux)

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    DungeonMaster77's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Eberron - First Inn, First Out

    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20-2)[3](1) To confirm possible crit

    (1d4+1)[1](2) Damage

    If the crit confirms (and they aren't undead or constructs or somesuch): (1d4+1)[4](5)


    ***OOC: Hmm...so much for the crit...
    Last edited by DungeonMaster77; 2007-12-18 at 10:27 AM.
    My Awsome Sig!
    Spoiler
    Show

    The Original Narrator for the SMBG "Werewolf" game
    WEREWOLF CENTRAL
    Avatar by Sampi
    LET CHAOS RULE: Turquoise bicycle shoe fins actualize radishes greenly!
    It's not about making money, it's about taking money; destroying the status quo. Because the status...is not quo.

    Games I run: Fallout: Great Plains (Redux)

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Apr 2007

    Default Re: Eberron - First Inn, First Out

    DungeonMaster77:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Init: 18

    *pop* The creature on the right runs head first into your shield bash. It evaporates into slivers of shadow. Now there are only 2 beings in this room.

    The other beastie climbs up your leg and tries to find an opportunity to strike, but it fails horribly.

    You hear a yell "I am under attack!", barely making out the words, coming from the room to your left, as you face the door.

    OOC: Done for this round. You can declare your actions for the next.



    Randel:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Init: 7

    "I am under attack!"

    Flailing wildly, you fail to do much good. However your movements toward the door have caused at least one of the creatures to fall off of you.

    OOC: Done for this round. You will be able to make an AOO as the creature you expelled returns. So go ahead and roll for that.


    Willwolf:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Init: 5

    Only one of the creatures dislodges as you shift, get up off the bed, and grab your sword.

    You hear loudly and clearly a tinny voice shouting "I am under attack!" coming from behind the closed door and somewhat to the right.

    OOC: Done for this round. You will be able to make an AOO as the creature you expelled returns. So go ahead and roll for that.
    Last edited by Theli; 2007-12-18 at 10:14 AM.

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    GimliFett's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Trogland.Texas.DFW-ish
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Eberron - First Inn, First Out

    Syd
    Attack: (1d20+1)[13]


    Syd thrusts his rapier at the shadowy weasel closest to the wall, intending to clear space so he could keep the others from flanking him. "Who'd send a weasel ta do a man's job?" he asks flippantly.
    I have returned!! Not that most of y'all know whom I am.

    Mega-Awesome Avatar done by Dawn!

    The Many Faces of GimliFett.


  15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    GimliFett's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Trogland.Texas.DFW-ish
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Eberron - First Inn, First Out

    Syd
    Action Point: (1d6)[4]
    Damage: (1d6+1)[3]


    Total to Hit: 17.
    Last edited by GimliFett; 2007-12-18 at 11:57 AM.
    I have returned!! Not that most of y'all know whom I am.

    Mega-Awesome Avatar done by Dawn!

    The Many Faces of GimliFett.


  16. - Top - End - #16
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Apr 2007

    Default Re: Eberron - First Inn, First Out

    GimliFett:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Init: 16

    *pop* You skewer the weasel on your left with the tip of your rapier. It evaporates into slivers of shadow.

    The other two have no trouble reaching you. One runs around your feet, an obvious distraction, as the other lunges, jaw wide open, snarls, and bites hard on your outstretched hand. A gleam of light escapes from the area where the creature bit. The creature stays attached there, refusing to let go.

    You hear loudly and clearly a tinny voice shouting "I am under attack!" coming from behind the closed door and far to the right.

    OOC: You take one point of HP damage and one point of Con damage. Done for this round. You can declare your actions for the next.
    001100010010011110100001101101110011

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    GimliFett's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Trogland.Texas.DFW-ish
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Eberron - First Inn, First Out

    Syd
    HP: 6/7(normally 8, dadgum Con loss); AC: 12 (ff 10, t 12)


    Grimacing in pain, Syd attempts to bash the biting weasel against the wall, to no avail. "You ain't the only one, bub!" he yells out. He then quickly moves to the door of his room, but does not open it.
    Last edited by GimliFett; 2007-12-18 at 01:50 PM.
    I have returned!! Not that most of y'all know whom I am.

    Mega-Awesome Avatar done by Dawn!

    The Many Faces of GimliFett.


  18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    GimliFett's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Trogland.Texas.DFW-ish
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Eberron - First Inn, First Out

    Syd

    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (1d20-3)[4] Olladra, gimme a good roll!
    Ugh. So much for that!
    Last edited by GimliFett; 2007-12-18 at 01:27 PM.
    I have returned!! Not that most of y'all know whom I am.

    Mega-Awesome Avatar done by Dawn!

    The Many Faces of GimliFett.


  19. - Top - End - #19
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    DungeonMaster77's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Eberron - First Inn, First Out

    Father Porter

    Spoiler
    Show
    As a move action, I pick up my morningstar (which probably provokes an AOO, which I'm willing to take), and then bring it over that stupid thing's head:

    Attack: [roll0]

    I yell:

    "By the Silver Flame! Let us kill these things and aide the other patrons, as I am sure they are also in danger! Call out if you need assistance!"

    My Awsome Sig!
    Spoiler
    Show

    The Original Narrator for the SMBG "Werewolf" game
    WEREWOLF CENTRAL
    Avatar by Sampi
    LET CHAOS RULE: Turquoise bicycle shoe fins actualize radishes greenly!
    It's not about making money, it's about taking money; destroying the status quo. Because the status...is not quo.

    Games I run: Fallout: Great Plains (Redux)

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2007

    Default Re: Eberron - First Inn, First Out

    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack of Opportunity:
    (1d20+4)[8](12)+size mod (Shifting included in previous statement)
    Damage: (holding longsword in both hands. Shifting bonus included) (1d8+4)[6](10)


    "By the Flame begone!" he snarled as he swung his sword at the demonic little weasel returned. Whatever these twisted demons were he wanted no part of it.

    "Hold strong! I'll come soon." He yelled at the speaker. But he couldn't have these things tailing him from behind either. He needed to get rid of these three little pesky rodents first, or else they might surround the lot of them, or worse yet, attack someone else.

    He attacked again. "Leave!"

    (ooc: If he did not down the previous target, than he'll attack that one again. If he felled it than assume he went for the next closest demonic ferret. If he has to move he'll do it. He'll also take the attack of opportunity if it occurs. If he doesn't need to move to get to his next target, he takes a five-foot-step towards the door.)

    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack:(1d20+4)[3](7)+size mod (Shifting included in previous roll)
    Damage: (holding longsword in both hands. Shifting bonus included) (1d8+4)[4](8)

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Alaska
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Eberron - First Inn, First Out

    As the...things rounded about, Aelodin was given a moment.

    "Heh...ameteurs..you left yourself wide open..!" He said as he swung at the middle creature, aiming to cripple it in one blow.

    Attack of Oppurtunity: (1d20+3)[15]
    Teach me, Please
    I need the abilities to live
    Silly me, I tried to measure it by what I could give




    "There are nights when the wolves are silent, And only the moon howls...."
    -George Carlin

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2007

    Default Re: Eberron - First Inn, First Out

    Richard

    Spoiler
    Show
    Forgot my second attack with my teeth *rawr*:

    (1d6-4)[4](0)

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Alaska
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Eberron - First Inn, First Out

    Nah, I won't use an action point

    Damage: (1d6+3)[8]


    Also, no, I won't use my standard action, because then I would lose mine from this turn...


    For next round: Hmph! These things don't know howto fight! Aelodin said as he took a swing at one of the beasts, and then took a step back, preparing himself for the next flurry.


    Spoiler
    Show
    If I don't kill the center beast, then I will swing at it again and then take a five foot step away, parallel to the bed, away from the table....if that makes any sense.




    -Suzuro
    Last edited by Suzuro; 2007-12-18 at 07:28 PM.
    Teach me, Please
    I need the abilities to live
    Silly me, I tried to measure it by what I could give




    "There are nights when the wolves are silent, And only the moon howls...."
    -George Carlin

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2007

    Default Re: Eberron - First Inn, First Out

    Carmot

    Attack of opportunity

    Attack:(1d20)[20]
    Damage:(1d4)[1]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Audious View Post
    Randel, you are a gentleman and a scholar.

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Apr 2007

    Default Re: Eberron - First Inn, First Out

    Suzuro:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Init: 22

    *pop* With a mighty blow, your pick eviscerates the creature it strikes. Nothing remains.


    You hear loudly and clearly a tinny voice shouting "I am under attack!" coming from a room to your far left, facing the door.

    The other two have no trouble reaching you. One runs around your feet, an obvious distraction, as the other lunges, jaw wide open snarling, and finds a tender place to bite, YOUR EYE. Even through the sheer PAIN of wound, you can make out a gleam of light escaping for your eye socket. Somehow, you can still see, though the inside of the beast looks no better than the outside. The creature stays there attached, refusing to let go.

    OOC: *DM holds up huge sign saying "CRIT!!!"*

    Take 2 points of HP damage and 2 Con damage.

    You can now take your actions for the second round. (Probably getting revenge...) If you don't reply by midnight tonight, I'll assume that you wanted me to roll your attack on the attached creature and will do so.


    DungeonMaster77:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Init: 18

    You pick up your Morningstar and turn to strike the foul beast. (Reroll your flubbed attack roll to find out what happens.)

    You hear "You ain't the only one, bub!" coming from behind the door and to the right.

    "By the Silver Flame! Let us kill these things and aide the other patrons, as I am sure they are also in danger! Call out if you need assistance!"

    Then you hear another yell, "By the Flame begone!", "Hold strong! I'll come soon.", and then "Leave!" coming from out the door and across the hall.

    OOC: I wonder what happened with that roll...


    GimliFett:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Init: 16

    You try to slam the creature at the wall, but can't seem to do any appreciable damage. It remains there, slowly gnawing away at your hand.

    "You ain't the only one, bub!"

    Distracted by the creature on your weapon hand, you don't notice it's partner creeping up on you and biting your other hand's wrist HARD, almost cutting through the bone. Again, you see the tell-tale gleam of light.

    You hear someone yell "By the Silver Flame! Let us kill these things and aide the other patrons, as I am sure they are also in danger! Call out if you need assistance!" out the door and to the right.

    Then you hear another yell, "By the Flame begone!", "Hold strong! I'll come soon.", and then "Leave!" coming from a room far to the right.

    OOC: *DM holds up huge sign saying "CRIT!!!"*

    You are now dual-wielding weasels. :p

    You take 1 point of damage, but no more con damage, from the already attached weasel, as it needs no attack roll to harm you. The other weasel inflicts 2 more HP and 2 more CON damage.

    That's the end of the 2nd round for you, unless you wanted to do something with that move action.



    Randel:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Init: 7

    When you move, one of the creature loses its balance and drops to the floor. As it rushes toward you, you hear a series of quick yells coming from behind door and to the right:

    "You ain't the only one, bub!"
    "By the Silver Flame! Let us kill these things and aide the other patrons, as I am sure they are also in danger! Call out if you need assistance!"
    "By the Flame begone!"
    "Hold strong! I'll come soon."
    "Leave!"

    The creature on your neck continues to gnaw away at you as you take a swing against the incoming beast.

    OOC: You take one point of damage from the attached creature.

    Roll your crit confirm roll to find out what happens next during the second round.


    Willwolf:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Init: 5

    After you move, one creature falls to the floor. However, it quickly rushes toward you, easily dodging your retaliatory strike.

    You hear a series of yells coming from the rooms around you:

    "You ain't the only one, bub!"
    "By the Silver Flame! Let us kill these things and aide the other patrons, as I am sure they are also in danger! Call out if you need assistance!"
    "By the Flame begone!"
    "Hold strong! I'll come soon."
    "Leave!"

    The creatures proceed to run around and all over you, attempting to find the perfect place and time to strike. One eventually does, opening its jaw wide, snarling, and it takes a bite out of your left shoulder. A gleam of light emerges from the wound. And the creature remains attached there, refusing to let go.

    Attempts to dislodge it prove to be difficult, and you miss all your attacks wildly.

    OOC: Take 1 HP and 1 CON damage. You're done for the 2nd round.
    Last edited by Theli; 2007-12-18 at 09:53 PM.
    001100010010011110100001101101110011

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Alaska
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Eberron - First Inn, First Out

    Ahg! Get offa me you sonnuva...! Aeolodin screamed as the beast attached to his eye.

    You. Will. Pay He screamed as he flailed about, trying to get the things off his face.

    Actions
    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+3)[14]
    Waiting to see if I need an action point


    Stats
    Spoiler
    Show
    HP: 6 (8 Con)



    -Suzuro
    Teach me, Please
    I need the abilities to live
    Silly me, I tried to measure it by what I could give




    "There are nights when the wolves are silent, And only the moon howls...."
    -George Carlin

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Alaska
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Eberron - First Inn, First Out

    Rolls
    Spoiler
    Show
    Okay, we'll gauge this and see if it hits.
    Damage: (1d6+3)[6]
    Also, I'm using dodge on the one not attached to my face.





    -Suzuro
    Teach me, Please
    I need the abilities to live
    Silly me, I tried to measure it by what I could give




    "There are nights when the wolves are silent, And only the moon howls...."
    -George Carlin

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2007

    Default Re: Eberron - First Inn, First Out

    Carmot

    Critical roll:
    attack: (1d20)[16]
    damage: (1d4)[3]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Audious View Post
    Randel, you are a gentleman and a scholar.

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    DungeonMaster77's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Eberron - First Inn, First Out

    ***OOC: Grr...I don't know either...watch me fumble this hit...I feel an Action Point getting ready to be used...

    Spoiler
    Show

    Attack Roll: (1d20+2)[6](8)


    ***OOC: Hmmm...close enough...
    Last edited by DungeonMaster77; 2007-12-18 at 10:16 PM.
    My Awsome Sig!
    Spoiler
    Show

    The Original Narrator for the SMBG "Werewolf" game
    WEREWOLF CENTRAL
    Avatar by Sampi
    LET CHAOS RULE: Turquoise bicycle shoe fins actualize radishes greenly!
    It's not about making money, it's about taking money; destroying the status quo. Because the status...is not quo.

    Games I run: Fallout: Great Plains (Redux)

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    DungeonMaster77's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Eberron - First Inn, First Out

    ***OOC: Okay...here goes...

    Spoiler
    Show

    Rolling to use an action point, and hopefully it'll help...

    Action Point: (1d8)[7](7)


    That makes a...

    Spoiler
    Show
    hopefully a 15 hits?
    Last edited by DungeonMaster77; 2007-12-18 at 10:38 PM.
    My Awsome Sig!
    Spoiler
    Show

    The Original Narrator for the SMBG "Werewolf" game
    WEREWOLF CENTRAL
    Avatar by Sampi
    LET CHAOS RULE: Turquoise bicycle shoe fins actualize radishes greenly!
    It's not about making money, it's about taking money; destroying the status quo. Because the status...is not quo.

    Games I run: Fallout: Great Plains (Redux)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •