New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Archetypical Adventures [5E, Yu-Gi-Oh Inspirations]

I just picked a card name from the archetype I chose, so I went with Sombre.

When Sombre was born, a black star dominated the night sky. Most people do not even notice the star, but it's always there, and Sombre learned the hard way that if she points the star out to anyone, their confusion is quickly replaced by fascination as they can't look away. Within seconds they are driven mad and flee from Sombre, as if the star told them a terrifying secret about her and they need to get as far away as possible.

Sombre would spend much of her life drawing upon the light of the other stars in the cosmos, hoping to drown out the darkness of that one star that has has watched her, called to her, her entire life. She would not realise until later in her life that she saw people that nobody else did, spirits whose eyes are fixed upon that dark star. Were they victims of the star? Heralds? Or do the dead see something the living cannot?
    "Don't think of it as dying," said Death,
    "Just think of it as leaving early to avoid the rush."

2. - Top - End - #32
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk Raven View Post
    I always liked the Dark Scorpions as a concept, they just weren't mechanically very good.

Still wrangling around with things. I think what I may end up doing is just... taking a single level of Sorcerer, four of Monk, and working from there as I go. I'd like to have Warlock, but that doesn't really thematically fit, I think. Not sure if you can have a pact with fiends without knowing about it, whereas my character can just... not know the full truth of her Sorcerer bloodline. As such, I present... one of the many fiend Sorcerer archetypes I've found: https://www.dndbeyond.com/subclasses...iend-bloodline They're a dime a dozen, honestly, so if you don't care for this one I can simply pick another. Actually, have a second one. Given that I probably won't take Sorcerer past level 3 at most, it shouldn't take much time to look them over. I think the first one is better just for giving more spells, but the second one is the only one I've seen that doesn't make me choose between demons and devils as far as interacting with fiends goes.

Once that's picked, I can finish my character.
    Use this bloodline from your selected ones.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

3. - Top - End - #33
    Bugbear in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    Use this bloodline from your selected ones.
    One Sorcerer/Monk coming up! Oh, but since homebrew feats are on the table, I also found two variations of a "Fiend Touched" feat - this and this. I believe the second one is slightly better (it covers two schools of magic not covered by Fey Touched or Shadow Touched), though I'll admit I'd like to have Darkness as a spell from the former so I can do Devil's Sight shenanigans. If I were to pick one though, I'd pick the latter. Not sure whether I'll take the feat now, but I would like it on the table. Heh, my character will end up as fiend-blooded as possible without being a Tiefling. Hell, the only reason I haven't made her one is because, so far as I know, Tieflings are visibly descended from fiends, and I'd like that to not be the case for her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potato_Priest View Post
    Honestly, most players would get super excited about Zenob the god of crabs because it's eccentric. I know I would.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
    But a friendly reminder that, by RAW, this game is unplayable

4. - Top - End - #34
    Orc in the Playground

MonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk Raven View Post
    I always liked the Dark Scorpions as a concept, they just weren't mechanically very good.
    I still remember loving how they were portrayed in the GX anime. It's just a shame that their mechanics are pretty lackluster. Even so, they're pretty much perfect for a D&D rogue imo.

Speaking of which, I'm just about done with my character; introducing Kelga The Quick of the Dark Scorpion Gang!

Kicked out of her clan at a young age due to lacking much talent with the family metalworking trade, Kelga had to turn to crime to survive and quickly discovered that she had quite a bit of talent for burglary, aided by her natural duergar abilities and psionics. She managed to eke out a living in this way until she decided to make an attempt on the home of a wealthier person who had insulted her in the street. Unfortunately, with said wealth he was able to afford better security than she had dealt with before, and had to flee the scene with her pockets empty and the guard on her heels.

As Kelga fled, just before she was about to be cornered by the guards, she was surprised to see what she had thought was a simple wall open up to reveal a dark-cloaked figure, who grabbed her by the arm and dragged her inside without so much as a "How do you do?" This was Kelga's first meeting with members of the infamous Dark Scorpion Gang. They had noticed her skills and decided that they would be well-suited to their own group, and out of gratitude for saving her keister Kelga agreed to join.

Years passed and Kelga truly grew into her own, the combined skills of the gang members (and especially their mysterious leader known only as The Don) allowed them to gain incredible wealth at the expense of the city's wealthiest citizens. However in some ways it was too good to last. Kelga doesn't know how it happened, but on one particularly big score the guard was waiting for their gang and they had to flee for their lives. With so much attention on them they all agreed to separate for a time until the heat died down, and Kelga had to leave the only family she'd had for decades. And so she left her home, waiting patiently for the message that it was safe to reunite...

5. - Top - End - #35

NecromancerGirl

Got a character sheet, which is essentially complete pending approval of one of those feats. ...I will have to move this sheet to Myth-Weavers, though, D&D Beyond is proving less than willing to accommodate the homebrew. Also still need a backstory writeup, but that won't be a long one.
    Honestly, most players would get super excited about Zenob the god of crabs because it's eccentric. I know I would.

6. - Top - End - #36

Use the second Fiend-Touched.

Can someone make a table of applicants?

Show
    Show

Show

7. - Top - End - #37
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfFighterGirl

Sorry I've been busy lately and that leaves my creative mind a little stuck

8. - Top - End - #38

NecromancerGirl

Is this still being planned for? Either way my character is ready.

9. - Top - End - #39

Still waiting on a table of applicants.

Show
    Show

Show

10. - Top - End - #40

NecromancerGirl

I'll try and work on one tomorrow then. Never made a table myself, but I can copy-paste and change the details.

11. - Top - End - #41

NecromancerGirl

All right, first time making a table, lets see how it goes.

Player Character Race - Class Archetype Status
    Dusk Raven Lucia, Shadow Tamer Human - Monk/Sorcerer Archfiends Nearly finished, picking Feats
    Infernally Clay Sombre Aasimar - Druid Constellar Completed
    Red_Stain23 WIP Elf - Artificer Witchcrafters WIP
    Soras Teva Gee Heru Warforged - Sorcerer Blue Eyes WIP
    TheNotoriousSMP Kelga the Quick Duergar - Rogue Dark Scorpions Completed?

12. - Top - End - #42

Expect selections by no later than Tuesday afternoon. Possibly sooner.

Show
    Show

Show

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

I haven't forgotten about this, I've just had a bit of a struggle not knowing more about the setting, but screw it here's a brief little bit that should be able to slide into a lot of them

SHEET: [Link]
    APPEARANCE: [Link]
    DESCRIPTION:
    Proud and regal the Lady Heru Nova comes from a mercantile clan of wealth and privilege and she does her utmost to act as befits that status. Or so she does today, but in her youth she was sickly and weak living much of her life bedridden and at the mercy of others around her. Willing to do anything to save her Heru's father turned to a radical procedure replacing much of her body with metal and machines while changing her heart for an ancient artifact known as a Dragonstone. It worked but has left Heru something less then human, more then machine, and strangest of all perhaps awoke potent draconic magic within her.

Not that many know this upon meeting her for she carefully disguises herself as she carries out the family business, with a keen gift for negotiation more in demand then her magic. Her early life bedridden has left her with a wanderlust to explore and make up for all the lost time in her childhood, and also taught her to be kind and forgiving... though her dignity demands she not show this too openly.
    I haven't spent any money but then I'm like a sorcerer I don't really need to? If I could buy a common magic item (an armblade) that would be pretty neat.

14. - Top - End - #44

NecromancerGirl

Oh, right, I still need to work on backstory! Uh... hmm. I'm sure I can get something up real quick.

Spoiler: Skirt Length
    Show
    Lucia Azure (LU-sha A-zhure) knows nothing of her parentage, nor does anything else, for she was simply found abandoned at the steps of the Azure Lake Monastery, a retreat for those who wished to seclude themselves and reflect on nature's beauty. Not the first place one would think of to leave an infant, but the staff - including both scholars and monks - raised her as best they could. In the process, they taught her the means to defend herself, and to defend beauty - including the beauty of life itself. Complicating matters was the nature of her powers, which started manifesting in her teens, as her combat training was underway. While the scholars of the establishment had their hypotheses, but conclusive answers were not to be had.

When Lucia was old enough, she left the monastery. Ostensibly, this was to train herself further in combat, and to protect people. This was entirely true, but Lucia also wanted to find out about her powers - and her parents. Though she never told anyone else, there was something faintly... wrong about her powers, and not just her ability to summon a mystical chain. She wanted to know the truth. Either way, however, she still believes these powers can be used for good, and she intends to do just that. Whenever possible, of course, she tries to negotiate rather than destroy, and if that fails then she tries to restrain her foes. Sometimes she does have to resort to killing, however.

Though... there has been an incident or two in which it was, well, easier than it should have been to persuade certain fiends... almost as though they were inclined to obey her for some reason...

Probably going to change the Background for her. I chose "Inheritor," provided that the Inheritance was a) non-physical, and b) not actually known to me - but it'd have to do with her powers and probably heritage. But I may change it to Acolyte or Hermit or something. I'd probably like the proficiency options more, too.

Other than that, just need to figure out what I want for my second feat. Devil's Sight? I do love perfect darkvision. Sentinel? Opportunity attacks are pretty nice with a 15-foot reach. War Caster? I'd be able to use Booming Blade with Op Attacks. Choices!

Oh yeah, and equipment. Definitely buying some manacles.

15. - Top - End - #45

Dusk Raven, Infernally Clay, and Soras Teva Gee will be the players for this game. Good luck to everyone who did not make in future gaming!

OOC Thread

Show
    Show

Show