New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Question A Monster for Every Season continues?

Hey there!

I looked for some hint here, but found none. Will the "A Monster for Every Season" set get an Autumn 2 and Winter 2 addition? Or has that project definitively ended?

I use these exclusively for my games, and while I have had no issues so far, I would love more options, if that's something on the horizon.

<><><>

As always—thank you, Giant, for giving me so much joy for so many years.
    Last edited by Quartermoon; 2024-06-16 at 12:01 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Default Re: A Monster for Every Season continues?

Quote Originally Posted by Quartermoon View Post
    Hey there!

I looked for some hint here, but found none. Will the "A Monster for Every Season" set get an Autumn 2 and Winter 2 addition? Or has that project definitively ended?

I use these exclusively for my games, and while I have had no issues so far, I would love more options, if that's something on the horizon.

<><><>

As always—thank you, Giant, for giving me so much joy for so many years.
    Last I heard, he enjoys them a lot and is still working on more! Don't expect a definite release date, though: they're definitely a "when it's ready" product of lower priority, usually taking multiple years between releases.

That said, there are very few creatures I can't cobble together a suitable analog for between the 6 editions we already have. If there's one specific monster you're looking for, I also wonder if one of the skilled OotS-style fan artists who make forum avatars wouldn't be willing to mock something up in a similar style as long as it's just for your home game and you're not trying to share or profit off it.
    Last edited by Ionathus; 2024-06-17 at 12:15 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

A good long time ago, there was a thread in the Arts and Crafts forum called (Monster Minis!) The OotS-Style Monster Manual Art Project

It's a bunch of monsters created by various forumites in the style of Rich's AMFES. You might be able to find some of the monsters you want that Rich hasn't gotten to yet.

Just remember it's a very old thread, so don't post in it without a mod's permission.
    Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

Flumph

Still yet to see any monsters for Tsuyu season.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

HalflingPirate

I am wondering if jellies, slimes, oozes, and molds ever made the list. Back in the day I made roughly circular construction paper cutouts, so I guess they are not needed, but they might be fun. Include a scale gelatinous cube and a gibbering mouther.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by brian 333 View Post
    I am wondering if jellies, slimes, oozes, and molds ever made the list. Back in the day I made roughly circular construction paper cutouts, so I guess they are not needed, but they might be fun. Include a scale gelatinous cube and a gibbering mouther.
    The Winter 2018 collection includes both a whole section on oozes (which does include gelatinous cubes in multiple sizes) and a gibbering mouther in the "weird" section.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Pixie in the Playground

Thanks for the responses and suggestions! I am glad the Giant enjoys making them—I will keep an eye on the site for future installments, and look into other options if I get desperate!