New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Default Re: Battle Royale 13: (The Spirit of) Xihirli Murders Everyone (now with ghost stabs)

AvatarVecna changes out of Luizeu's form, and charges into Luizeu's form (10). Luizeu tries to counter, but does so pitifully (2).

Cazero seems confused. He's just making a stabbing motion and walking around. Stab, step, stab, step. Finally, the one person that was standing still and miming stop was the mime. Step, stab (8).

Undeterred, Book Wombat takes out a dish of imaginary jelly, almost takes a bite out of it but trips, hitting AvatarVecna's equally malleable body with the full force of mimery (5).

Snowblaze, surprised at her luck at not being targeted, puts up a barrier and retreats to a safe(r) part of the arena. Let'sGetKraken summons horrible scenes into the mime's mind (mimed? Complete with... ugh... sound) (7)

And to top off this round, Metastachydium sees an opportunity, while still alive, to entangle several people. AvatarVecna, Luizeu and Cazero are unable to move and will take all next round to escape the gentle hug of the trees.

No deaths, but progress!

Round 9 Initiatives and notes:
    Player Initiative HP Notes
    Let'sGetKraken 20 18 Cannot use Confuse until round 10
    Book Wombat 16 3 Cannot use Mimic until round 10
    Cazero 16 13 Cannot use First Strike until round 10. Has no action this round.
    AvatarVecna 14 11 Cannot use You are Me until round 10. Has no action this round.
    Metastachydium 10 3 Cannot use Entangle until round 11
    Luizeu 3 9 Cannot use Hide until round 10. Has no action this round.
    Snowblaze 2 5 Cannot use Barrier until round 11. Barrier is up.
    Last edited by Xumtiil; 2024-06-25 at 01:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Xumtiil gets to be the new person on my "person I can trust as vig" list. They are the only name on the list, currently.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Battle Royale 13: (The Spirit of) Xihirli Murders Everyone (now with actual stabb

Just a thought, just spitballing here. Do those of us with actions want to make a pact on shanking those without actions this turn? Opportunity to settle grudges without them being able to hit back? Otherwise I'm probably just premonitioning one of you, full transparency, since my Confuse comes up next turn and my powers are frankly terrible in a 1v1.

Seems silly to punch each other to death when we could thin the herd without opening ourselves up to retaliation.
    Loser of Total War: Rise of Kingdoms
    as
    The Astral Collective

Winner of Total War: Hanrui 3
    as
    The Four Courts of Hanrui/The Equinox League

Plausible Victor of Total War: Pricipia
    as
    The Chrysaorian Hegemony

3. - Top - End - #33
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Default Re: Battle Royale 13: (The Spirit of) Xihirli Murders Everyone (now with actual stabb

Time feels... Weird. Xihirli decomposes a little bit faster. People's options open up before them. Except for the ones who are dead.

Let'sGetKraken points to Cazero's shoelaces, and then flicks his nose when he looks (9). Book Wombat mimes stuffing a bottle with a rag, lighting it on fire and tossing it to Metastachydium (7), making the Very Angry Nuthatch a Very Orphaned Nuthatch instead.

Cazero and AvatarVecna take the opportunity to free themselves of the briars that kept them from engaging their foes. A Very Orphaned Nuthatch tries to put out the fire on Metastachydium, only fans it instead.

Luizeu also manages to free himself, but goes from the briar into the frostfire, as Snowblaze was waiting for him (6)

Round 10 Initiatives and notes:
    Snowblaze 16 5
    Luizeu 13 3
    Let'sGetKraken 10 18
    Cazero 2 4
    Book Wombat 1 3

No, I did not make a mistake with the notes.
    Xumtiil gets to be the new person on my "person I can trust as vig" list. They are the only name on the list, currently.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Let'sGetKraken View Post
    Just a thought, just spitballing here. Do those of us with actions want to make a pact on shanking those without actions this turn? Opportunity to settle grudges without them being able to hit back? Otherwise I'm probably just premonitioning one of you, full transparency, since my Confuse comes up next turn and my powers are frankly terrible in a 1v1.

Seems silly to punch each other to death when we could thin the herd without opening ourselves up to retaliation.
    As a counter, I'd propose ganging up on the ones with highest HP?
    Darn it Whisper !

5. - Top - End - #35

Quote Originally Posted by Luizeu View Post
    As a counter, I'd propose ganging up on the ones with highest HP?
    Sure, person who will definitely not be hiding this round while getting others to weaken the competition. Other people don't have the luxury of waiting until the dust settles, one stray shot and they're out.
    as
    The Astral Collective

as

as
    The Chrysaorian Hegemony

6. - Top - End - #36

You could have proposed to spare the ones who couldn't defend themselves at that round, but you chose the other way around.
    Darn it Whisper !

7. - Top - End - #37

Quote Originally Posted by Luizeu View Post
    You could have proposed to spare the ones who couldn't defend themselves at that round, but you chose the other way around.
    It's a fair point. But would you have done otherwise, in my position? Willingly narrowed the pool of potential targets while it still included yourself?
    Last edited by Let'sGetKraken; 2024-06-27 at 11:57 AM.
    as
    The Astral Collective

as

as
    The Chrysaorian Hegemony

8. - Top - End - #38
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Let'sGetKraken has a premonition - Cazero is going to stab him! He deftly evades, only to evade right into the Macabre Mime's imaginary stab instead, as he was copying Cazero to a fault (6).

Snowblaze puts up a barrier, Luizeu is doing his regular hide&sneak, and AvatarVecna takes the opportunity of Let'sGetKraken's "Task failed successfully" evade to club him over the head as well (10). Let'sGetKraken is at death's door, and went from looking the best to the worst in a single round.

Round 11 Initiatives and notes:
    Cazero 20 4 Cannot use First Strike until round 13
    Book Wombat 12 3 Cannot use Quick Mimic until round 13
    Luizeu 10 3 Cannot use Hide until round 13. Hidden.
    Let'sGetKraken 4 2 Cannot use Premonition until round 13
    Snowblaze 1 5 Cannot use Barrier until round 13. Barriered.

PS: If a winner is not found before round 15, I'm going to explode the entire arena. Just saying.
    Last edited by Xumtiil; 2024-06-27 at 01:30 PM.

9. - Top - End - #39

"What are you going to do, stab me?"

-kraken who was stabbed
    as
    The Astral Collective

as

as
    The Chrysaorian Hegemony

10. - Top - End - #40
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

AvatarVecna sees the writing on the wall. If she's going down, she's going to take as many of them with her. She transforms into Snowblaze, and puts up a Barrier.
    First into the fray is Cazero, who barely grazes through the barrier (1.5) and fries into a crisp (9). Book Wombat, dedicated to the mime until death, follows Cazero's lead and does slightly better (4.5), before frying into an even crispier crisp (10).

Out of nowhere, Luizeu appears behind AvatarVecblaze, and slices her head off completely (10 damage, and yes that's after the halving). Luizeu completes the trifecta of crisp, although he's more of a medium-rare (3).

Let'sGetKraken and Snowblaze kick Cazero and Book Wombat for good measure. They fall apart. Definitely definitely dead.

They eye each other suspiciously. They're the last ones standing... Unless?

Initiatives will follow... In a few hours. There's trouble afoot with the constellations.

- - - Updated - - -

The ground shakes. A hole opens up. Snowblaze's eyes go wide, as Xumtiil crawls out of it, 3 meter tall, wings open, and full of fury.

"Those bloody constellations. You set up a friendly bet and the moment you run out of money you become the entertainment. They'll be next on the block. First - you. Here's how it's going to go down. I will punch a random one of you to death. The other one wins. The end.

Unless for some reason, you think you can cooperate and win from me. That'd the day."

Unfortunately for Xumtiil, the influx of energy from his arrival rejuvenated the remaining survivors.

Round 12 Initiatives and notes:
    Snowblaze 13 20
    Dark Lord Xumtiil 9 40
    Let'sGetKraken 8 17

11. - Top - End - #41

"Aha!" exclaims the Psychic. "Exactly as I foresaw it. I always knew it would end up this way, Snowblaze. The two ot us, archenemies from lives long since past. At last, just the two of us, totally at the mercy of luck. Just... just the...

Oh."

------

Well. How about that.

I know how I'd rather win, Snow. How about you?

Frenemies to the end?
    as
    The Astral Collective

as

as
    The Chrysaorian Hegemony

12. - Top - End - #42
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

"Aha!" exclaims the Psychic. "Exactly as I foresaw it. I always knew it would end up this way, Snowblaze. The two ot us, archenemies from lives long since past. At last, just the two of us, totally at the mercy of luck. Just... just the...

Oh."

------

Well. How about that.

I know how I'd rather win, Snow. How about you?

Frenemies to the end?
    ...huh. This is not what I expected.

My calculations depend very much on exactly what Dark Lord Xumtiil is capable of, which is exactly what I don't know.

But yes. Frenemies to the end!
    I'm writing stuff, come and read it!
    Werewolf games won: 28
    Werewolf games lost: 19
    Games as town: 29.5
    Games as neutral: 6.5
    Games as wolf: 11
    Games narrated: 2
    Deaths: 31

Extended Signature

13. - Top - End - #43

Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    ...huh. This is not what I expected.

My calculations depend very much on exactly what Dark Lord Xumtiil is capable of, which is exactly what I don't know.

But yes. Frenemies to the end!
    Well, cards on the table. I'm going to premonition you this turn. You can think I'm bluffing and waste an action, or you can hit Xihirli and see what happens. Either way, I'm not coming for you.

I don't quite trust you not to attack me, but I am willing to extend this to "I'm not going to attack you this round", as a gesture of good faith.
    as
    The Astral Collective

as

as
    The Chrysaorian Hegemony

14. - Top - End - #44
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

d6 Re: Battle Royale 13: (The Spirit of) Xihirli Murders Everyone (now with actual stabb

Well, cards on the table. I'm going to premonition you this turn. You can think I'm bluffing and waste an action, or you can hit Xihirli and see what happens. Either way, I'm not coming for you.

I don't quite trust you not to attack me, but I am willing to extend this to "I'm not going to attack you this round", as a gesture of good faith.
    Good to know. The fact I can actually survive 1d10 damage now also helps.

I'd say hitting Xihirli's corpse is probably also a waste of an action, but... it's Xihirli I would not be altogether surprised at this point if her corpse turns out to be the actual villain. (And yes I know you probably meant Xumtiil.)

- - - Updated - - -

Also realised I should probably explicitly state this: I do not plan to attack you this round.
    I'm writing stuff, come and read it!
    Werewolf games won: 28
    Werewolf games lost: 19
    Games as town: 29.5
    Games as neutral: 6.5
    Games as wolf: 11
    Games narrated: 2
    Deaths: 31

Extended Signature

15. - Top - End - #45

Stupid X names. Serves me right for posting while drinking.

Yes, I did mean our magnificent overlord Xumtiil.
    as
    The Astral Collective

as

as
    The Chrysaorian Hegemony

16. - Top - End - #46
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Default Re: Battle Royale 13: (The Spirit of) Xihirli Murders Everyone (now with Xum stabs)

"Flattery will get you everywhere, little shrimp. Just for that, I will punch Snowblaze first"
    However, just as Xumtiil was winding up a punch, Snowblaze manages to get a blast of magical energy off (8), neatly singing one of his wings.

Undeterred, Xumtiil gives Snowblaze a right hook, but singed wing made him go a bit off balance and it doesn't hit with full force (4). You seem to notice a disembodied head of Snowblaze in the background, for some reason.

Flattering with his mouth and attacking with his mind like a hypocrite, Let'sGetKraken launches an insidious attack of self-doubt on Xumtiil (8).

If you keep this up and nothing unexpected happens, you might win.

Round 13 Initiatives and notes:
    Dark Lord Xumtiil 12 24
    Snowblaze 10 16
    Let'sGetKraken 3 17

17. - Top - End - #47
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

"You dare to invade my mind? My mind? I think I should invade yours. With my fist.

However, Let'sGetKraken's Premonition was spot on, and Xumtiil's fist did not manage to come anywhere close to his mind. Like clockwork, with Let'sGetKraken successfully grabbing Xumtiil's attention, Snowblaze pierces his other wing with a blast of power (6).

Round 14 Initiatives and notes:
    Dark Lord Xumtiil 18 18
    Snowblaze 6 16
    Let'sGetKraken 1 17 Cannot use Premonition until round 16

18. - Top - End - #48
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

"Fine. Have it your way."

Xumtiil brutally smashes into Snowblaze (10), leaving her quite battered and bruised.

Snowblaze attempts to retaliate, scoring an equally brutal hit (10).

Let'sGetKraken takes the opportunity to trip him as he staggers backwards, and Dark Lord Xumtiil falls on his behind (8), completely winded and on the brink of defeat.

"I was bound and crippled going into the arena, but no more. Even if I die, I will break free of these chains and cr.u..sh..."
    Xumtiil's aura starts fading as he sees a black vortexed blade penetrate his chest.
    "Your mistake was returning my brother's powers to me. You utter, silly fool."

An explosion of power, deafening silence, and a half-transparent Xihirli is standing behind him, grinning widely. "I'm back."

The winners of this round are Snowblaze and Let'sGetKraken, who managed to defeat the Dark Lord Xumtiil. Xihirli's spirit was host of some shenanigans after death, but it was right there in the title. You should have expected as much.

19. - Top - End - #49

OldWizardGuy

GG everyone! I had good fun predicting everything that didn't happen.
    Quotes
    I play W/W Mafia! I still claim I was Town all along! Believe me!
    Spoiler: Idea stolen from Snowblaze
    Show

W/W games played (excludes spectating) total: 11
    W/W games won: 7
    W/W games lost: 5
    W/W games narrated: 0
    W/W games spectated: 6, 1 of which with interaction
    W/W games as wolf: 3
    W/W games as Town: 6
    W/W games as Neutral: 2
    W/W games as Other: 0

20. - Top - End - #50

Good game, everyone! Congrats to Snowblaze once again on the shared win. Thanks to RNJesus for the luck in making it that far.
    as
    The Astral Collective

as

as
    The Chrysaorian Hegemony