New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 84
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Greenflame133's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Gender
    Female

    Default Eat the monsters IC, Team A

    You connect through pathfinders' guild, gathering a group of strangers to find safety in numbers as you dive deep in the unknown.

    The journey to the rumoured tomb is not long, as you find it in the woods, just as expected. It is a large stone building with heavy brass doors. Entirety of the structure adorned with many spirals of decorative patterns. Pushing the door, you feel a light force pushing the other direction. It is a self-closing mechanism powered by gravity and small tilt in the joins. Inside the walls are one block of clear stone, sculpted to resemble stone rock. In the centre, a stairwell leading down to the dungeon. The stir case divided into three sections, each with differently sized steps. One build for large creature, like orcs or trolls. One for medium, humans or elves. One for small, like gnomes or halflings.

    The journey down is long, as the stairs keep on going. Along the way there as signed preciouses traverses: patterns carved into bricks, various marks in chalk, at one point, even a spill of purple glow in. These signs are enough to confirm that you are progressing deeper and deeper. About 8 hours in, you encounter a much-needed rest spot. Hole carved into the wall with crude tools. Investigating it, find a small dent full of ash, a particularly smooth 20ft x 20ft section surrounded by a groove and a crude depiction of Tankard carved into one of the wall stone with a dry basin beneath it.

    Spoiler: Threat Linking
    Show

    Recruitmeant
    OOC is offsite

    Spoiler: Copy of Recruitment thread
    Show
    This game will be inspired, but not based on Dungeon Meshi. The setting is a homebrew world, more specifically mega dungeon with rooms.

    A mysterious build has been found in somewhere off in the woods. Itís a small stone building, somewhat resembling a tomb. It wasnít there before. Some researcher investigated it, and rumors quickly spread. Itís said to be built by an ancient mage called Wilkomag and rumored to hold great treasures, from an old era when magic was more plentiful.

    Be it wealth, rescue, curiosity or running from consequences. You meet in adventuring guild and formed a party to set down.



    Submissions deadline: June 18th evening (GMT).
    Main teams have been established. Currently recruting late join to expand thier numbers. See

    IC Team A
    IC Team 1

    Spoiler: Big 16
    Show
    1. What game system are you running (D&D, Call of Cthulu, Palladium, GURPS, etc.), and if applicable what edition (Original, Classic, Revised, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 10th, etc.)?
    Pathfinder 1e

    2. What 'type' or variant of game will it be (i.e. "Shadow Chasers" or "Agents of Psi" for d20 Modern)? What is the setting for the game (eg. historic period, published or homebrewed campaign setting, alternate reality, modern world, etc.)?
    Homebrew camping, using Spheres.

    3. How many Players are you looking for? Will you be taking alternates, and if so, how many?
    4~5, possiably with a secound in there is a lot intrast

    4. What's the gaming medium (OOTS, chat, e-mail etc.)?
    OOTS for IC, Discort OOC, and Google Sheets for battle maps.

    5. What is the characters' starting status (i.e. experience level)?
    lv 3
    With 1 bonus feat at lv 1
    2 traits, or 3 with a drawback.

    6. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with?
    3000gp (wbl) with up to 1000gp available for pregame crafting

    Note: I will not be keeping track of food, water and touches.

    7. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want? What are your rules on 'prestige' and/or homebrewed classes?
    No class restriction

    Note: if your race/classes combinesion has no FCB, I will homebrew it.

    8. What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game? Will you allow homebrewed races or species? 'Prestige' races or species?
    All races from allowed sources are aviable, inclouding Sphere Origins but exluding Noble Drow, Munavri, Green Martian

    note: d20pfsrd has homebrew races, namely Centaur, Drider and Gargoyle, they arenít playable.

    9. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points?
    20 pb
    Max HP at every level

    10. Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so?
    Loyalties are used in place of alignment. Be ready for gray area morality.

    11. Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it?
    No restrcion of multi-classing, Fractional Base Bonuses
    is in play.

    12. Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? Will die rolls be altered, or left to the honor system? If players can make die rolls, which ones do they make, how should they make the rolls, and how should they report them?
    Most rolls will on the form, but there also will be a dice bot in the discord

    13. Are there any home-brewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about? If so, list and explain them, or provide relevant links to learn about these new rules.
    Important systems
    Background Skills
    Skill Unlocks
    Chases
    Major Wild Magic Events
    Emerging Guns

    Optional systems
    Stamina and Combat Tricks (Feat access)
    Fractional Base Bonuses
    Retraining
    Variant Multiclassing
    Trophies

    14. Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular (i.e. the backgrounds all ending up with the characters in the same city)?
    Some background is required. Induce where your character comes from, who they are, and why are they going into the dungeon.

    15. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, roleplaying, or a combination of the above?
    This will be a sandbox style game.

    Hack & slash will be the main focus.

    There will be plenty roleplaying, many times more in form of difficult questions then debate club with NPCs. I do adore long discussion amongst PCs, but running multiple characters gets taxing, so NPC might be more passive on that front.

    There will be a few outright Puzzles. Rather most puzzles will come in form of open ended

    16. Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material? What sources can Players use for their characters?
    Pizo (For casters SoP are preferred)
    Spheres [including wiki material, Bear sphere and Veilweaving]
    Akashic Mysteries
    Kineticists of Porphyra I-IV, Legendary Kineticists I-II

    Psionics Unleashed
    My homebrew doc
    Path of war (SoM is preferred)(Seize the Opportunity (PoW), cannot be used with SoM attack acion. Nor can one attack be augmented by bouth SoM talents and PoW Maneuvers.)
    other 3pp or 3.x material may be approved on a case by case basis

    Eating Monsters
    When stopping for a long rest, you can choose to cook some monsters slain that day. Consuming such meal will grant you a buff not the following day. Similar to Iron Chef's Recipes class feather.

    Ancient languages
    There will be some Ancient languages, each will have associated language and linguistics DC to decipher the message. Knowing associated language will give you +5 bonuses on decipher rolls. One's failed, new rolls to decipher the same message cannot be attempted until characters gains a new permanent rank in linguistics.

    Planar travel
    Planar travels will be present, more or less, as normal. However, the destinations might will differ.

    Custom sphere traditions
    Feel free to pitch any custom sphere tradition, as long as it doesnít have more than two sphere-specific, each for a diffrent sphere.


    Spoiler: Camping Traits
    Show
    Rescue Party
    Somebody important to you went down before you. They did not return, and so you send down to recover them. The thought of finding them again keeps you motivated

    Benefit: Gain +1 bonus to will saving throws and ones per day you may reroll a failed saving throw against mind-affecting effect

    Explorer
    You know your way around the underground. Exploring unknown dungeons does not intimidate you

    Benefit: Gain +1 bonus on knowledge (Dungeoneering) and itís always a class skill for you. Additionally, gain Artifice Sphere

    Researcher
    You are a cruise individual, the miseries of the stranger dungeon are irresistible to you.

    Benefit: Gain +1 bonus on Linguistics, and itís always a class skill for you. Additionally, gain Study Sphere.

    On the run
    You made some enemies, and hope to lie low while you hide underground. Surely, they will not follow you inside.

    Benefit: You have some people after you. Gain +1 bonus on Disguise, and itís always a class skill for you. Additionally, gain +1 on reflex saving throws.

    Last edited by Greenflame133; 2024-06-19 at 12:50 PM.

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Eat the monsters IC, Team A

    As the team of strangers descends into the depths, Hunter quietly activates the hood of his cloak (Cap of Light) providing additional consistent illumination for the group. At the start of the trek he is carefully looking about, though his vigilance wanes as the trek down the stairs stretches from minutes into hours.

    Upon reaching the rest site Hunter lets his backpack crash onto the ground by one of the walls. Taking a drink from his waterskin, he views the dry basin with a "Tsk." expressing his disappointment not to be able to refresh his supply of water.

    He then sits on his backpack and messages his legs. He was accustomed to walking for many hours on end, but not to walking down stairs for such a length of time. "Shall we make camp or press on after a brief rest?" he inquires to nobody in particular.
    Last edited by Aegis013; 2024-06-18 at 03:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatwarforged View Post
    You sir are a True Pirate Lord.

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    DwarfFighterGirl

    Join Date
    Apr 2024

    Default Re: Eat the monsters IC, Team A

    The Elf named Lunette has been illuminating the path as as they go deeper into the dungeon using a simple cantrip to create a couple of floating light balls that followed them, darkness is no good even with her low-light vision.
    When they finally reach the rest spot she quickly sits down.

    "Our journey so far has been quite uneventful, I say we should continue, it has been hours and not a single treasure or beast, maybe we're on the wrong hole" Wonders the Elven woman as she examines the area, specially the carved Tankard, perhaps it has a hidden meaning or maybe whoever carved it was very thirsty at that moment.

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    namo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007

    Default Re: Eat the monsters IC, Team A

    As they enter the dungeon, Yarafel is focused on the solemnity of this moment, bidding goodbye to sunlight... until she notices the 3 stairs. She stares in disbelief.
    "That...
    How...
    I don't think many cities even have one building with that.
    "

    As they head down, she tries to piece together more information about her companions, at the cost of some noise.
    They've drilled very briefly together before heading down, just enough to take one another's measure, but she doesn't feel like she knows well yet.
    "Remind me, has one of you been dungeon-delving before?
    I confess it's my first time.
    "


    As they reach the room, Yarafel settles down on her heels. She picks up pebbles and throws them absent-mindedly.
    "I say we get some rest. Who knows what we'll find when we continue. I imagine we have to pace ourselves rather than rush deeper in."

    Spoiler: Stats
    Show
    Yarafel
    F LN Tiefling (Oni-Spawn) Prodigy (Exploitant, Gutter Rat), Level 3, Init 0, HP 36/36, Speed 30ft
    AC 18, Touch 14, Flat-footed 14, CMD 20, Fort 3, Ref 3, Will 7, CMB +6, Base Attack Bonus 2
    Elven Curved Blade +7 (1d10+7 or 2d8+7, 18-20/x2)
    Mithral Chain shirt (+4 Armor, +4 Dex)
    Abilities Str 18, Dex 10, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 16, Cha 6
    Condition

    Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5

    9/9 SP + 2/2 only for Destruction

    Steady skill: X (take 10, or 3/day expend MF to take 15)

    Moldable Talent = Rogue Talent: Expanded Spherecasting (= Extra Magic Talent)
    Last edited by namo; 2024-06-18 at 03:32 PM.
    "Even gods must learn to control their tempers, lest they set a bad example."
    The Malazan Book of the Fallen, Steven Erikson

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Eat the monsters IC, Team A

    "I've heard some tales, though even if I had been in another dungeon, each one is supposed to be unique with its own share of perils and riches." Hunter responds casually to Yarafel's inquiry, still focused on rubbing down his aching legs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatwarforged View Post
    You sir are a True Pirate Lord.

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    DwarfFighterGirl

    Join Date
    Apr 2024

    Default Re: Eat the monsters IC, Team A

    "This would be my fourth dungeon I guess, or maybe third since one turned out to be just a big cave, but I'm still very green at this, I was just helping around back them and didn't found anything truly interesting or valuable there." Comments Lunette as she jot down some notes on a small notebook, a diary or travel log likely.

    "Thinking again... Maybe we should rest, I sat and now can't muster the willpower to get up" Admits the tired elf.

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground
     
    DruidGirl

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Planeptune, Gamindustri
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Eat the monsters IC, Team A

    The unusual character named 'Yorshka' is amicable, but her game face goes on when they arrive at the dungeon; she walks with a certain cautious cadence, proceeding apace with her eyes peeled for danger. Though she doesn't appear to be armed, and the white silk suit with black highlights not usual dungeon fare, an aura of nebulous menace seems to exude from her.

    "Ha," Yorshka smirks to herself. "If only this mark meant a tavern was around."

    She turns her head to Yarafel, her cat-ears perking up for a moment. "Dungeon delving was not my... usual fare, but I'm not a first-timer. That said, I agree. We'd best not push ourselves even if we haven't encountered danger yet."

    The white-haired woman's head whips from side to side. "You never know when it may come to greet you, after all. I'll take the first watch."

    There's a softer smile as she says, "We've barely gotten to know each other. It's as good a time as any, don't you think?"

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Eat the monsters IC, Team A

    Hunter sits quietly for a moment before giving the simplest of affirmations to Yorshka: "Sure."

    Then he takes the opportunity to inquire "Lunette, how familiar are you with the other Elves around here? I'm looking for an Elf named Pnťvma. She delved into this dungeon awhile back if the information from the Pathfinders' Guild is to believed. Have you happened to meet her? She would've had a spear similar to mine."

    Hunter sits up and studies Lunette's response, finally satisfied he has soothed his legs as much as he can manage by simply massaging them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatwarforged View Post
    You sir are a True Pirate Lord.

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    DwarfFighterGirl

    Join Date
    Apr 2024

    Default Re: Eat the monsters IC, Team A

    "To be honest I'm not from this area so I can't tell, sorry for not being helpful in this one, I arrived a week ago and the plan was going here as soon as possible but... No party has a free spot for me, until I meet you guys!" Answer and wonders aloud Lunette recalling how she was unable to form a party before meeting them.
    Last edited by Red_Stain23; 2024-06-19 at 12:23 AM.

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground
     
    DruidGirl

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Planeptune, Gamindustri
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Eat the monsters IC, Team A

    "You're looking for someone, too? I, too, ventured here to find someone -- my daughter, in fact," Yorshka shares with Hunter. Her expression turns a bit rueful. "A few contacts of mine said some ne'er-do-wells I'd hoped I'd never see again plucked her away from me, and retreated in here. She's not even ten..."

    There's a nod to Lunette in turn. "I had the same difficulty. It's a stroke of luck we were able to aid each other."

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    namo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007

    Default Re: Eat the monsters IC, Team A

    When it becomes clear they'll stop to rest, Yarafel gets into some stretching exercises. She moves quite gracefully when she wants to.

    "I myself follow the Path of Light. I'll probably proselytize along the way because, well, I can't help myself but rest assured I won't be offended if you turn me down. It's customary for us to want to spread the joy of it! Not that it spares you from pain, mind you, I'm not making empty promises.

    Anyway, I've been happy to stay within my community of Lighters, until I had to go looking for Edan. Edan's my friend, and he's been missing. He had gone looking for a thingamajjig, an Artefact supposedly tied to the Light... but he's been gone way too long, it's not normal. I'm fairly sure he's down there somewhere, still.

    All of this to explain why I'm here and why it's my first time.
    "

    She lapses into silence, reminiscing good times with Edan.

    Before she settles down, she examines the engraved tankard.
    "Do you think it's supposed to do something? Through magic? Or it's just a joke?"
    She puts a partially empty waterskin in the basin and starts poking at the wall around the tankard.
    "Even gods must learn to control their tempers, lest they set a bad example."
    The Malazan Book of the Fallen, Steven Erikson

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Greenflame133's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Eat the monsters IC, Team A

    The rough make of the indent makes is not the greatest spot for resting, particularly when it comes to laying down and sleeping. That is, of course, except for this 20x20ft area

    Spoiler: Loonette
    Show
    The craftsmanship is sloppy, but you are able to recognize this Tanker as a holy symbol of Cayden, god of ale and ap strong deity of many adventures

    Spoiler: Yarafel
    Show
    The wall is hard and a bit cold, seems like it was carved direcetly into the bedrock
    Last edited by Greenflame133; 2024-06-19 at 12:51 PM.

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    DwarfFighterGirl

    Join Date
    Apr 2024

    Default Re: Eat the monsters IC, Team A

    "Oh religiůn, there are quite a few of them, I don't follow a specific one yet, I'm not ready for such commitment, I'm most familiar with Nethys but is more admiration than worshipping back at the Academy, I'd like to follow a god of goodness that isn't too rigid with rules and stuffs." Adds Lunette with a smile on her face.

    "As I told you I just want to explore this dungeon and study it's magic, all dungeons are full of magical novelties..!" Says the elf with a gleeful expression on her face as she fantasizes with rediscovering all sorts of lost magic.

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Eat the monsters IC, Team A

    Hunter's face betrays a twinge of disappointment at Lunette's answer, though it seems it's a disappointment he has grown accustomed to. "I also recently arrived in the area, though if we find your daughter, Yorshka, I will help you in ensuring her safety. While I'm looking for someone, there's no indication that she's in any immediate danger beyond whatever this dungeon poses."

    To Yarafel, Hunter simply nods but provides no clear indication of whether he is actually interested in the message as he shifts and retrieves his bedroll and prepares to rest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatwarforged View Post
    You sir are a True Pirate Lord.

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground
     
    DruidGirl

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Planeptune, Gamindustri
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Eat the monsters IC, Team A

    "Much appreciated," Yorshka answers Hunter gratefully. "I, too, will keep an eye out for this Pnťvma, wherever I go; who knows? Perhaps there are communities down here, and I'm no stranger to loosening a few lips."

    There's a chuckle at Lunette's exuberance. "That's the most excited I've seen someone go into a dungeon. It's refreshing, I have to say."

    When Yarafel starts examining the wall, Yorshka shrugs quietly to admit, "I wasn't much for detecting magic, unfortunately. All I could guess is that kindred souls marked this place as a good place to make camp."

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    namo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007

    Default Re: Eat the monsters IC, Team A

    Quote Originally Posted by Red_Stain23 View Post
    "I'd like to follow a god of goodness that isn't too rigid with rules and stuffs."
    Terrible mistake by "naive" Lunette in the presence of a (kindly) zealot! Yarafel steps over to her, passes one arm around her shoulder (withdrawing it promptly if it seems to make Lunette uncomfortable) and proceeds to extol the virtues of the Path of Light out loud.
    "Think all the good stuff about Desna, Iomedae, Sarenrae... but indeed no stuffy church enforcing some rules made-up hundreds of years ago!"

    She'll keep at it until Lunette finds a way to deflect her or just tells her to shove it.
    "Even gods must learn to control their tempers, lest they set a bad example."
    The Malazan Book of the Fallen, Steven Erikson

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    DwarfFighterGirl

    Join Date
    Apr 2024

    Default Re: Eat the monsters IC, Team A

    Lunette don't quite react to Yarafel approach and seems more focused on her words rather than her actions.

    "Is that so? I'll keep it in mind, I hope it's still there in a decade or so." Answer the elf as she raises her hand to her chin striking a pose very similar to the thinker which means she's deep in thoughs.

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Eat the monsters IC, Team A

    Since Yorshka volunteered for first watch, Hunter wraps himself in his blanket and holds his spear with both hands while sitting back against his backpack as if it were a pillow. "Wake me for my shift on watch." he says to nobody in particular and closes his eyes to rest.

    Spoiler: Perception if relevant
    Show
    (1d20+5)[9]
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatwarforged View Post
    You sir are a True Pirate Lord.

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Greenflame133's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Eat the monsters IC, Team A

    The conversion slowly dies down, and it comes time to rest. First up is Yorshka, then Hunter and by the time he is about to call it a night, Lunette wakes up, at some point Yarafel joins her and just like that, first night in the dungeon passed.

    Back on the road, or rather stairs. With three more hours of descending, you arrive in a room about 50x50ft and about 30ft tall. In each corner, large but low basin of full of clear water. Above each, a flame burning without fuel or smoke. The flames are about twice as big as the torch, illuminating the whole room. Each wall has a doorway large enough to comfortably accommodate a large creature.

    The path directly in front of the end of the staircase is a set of mossy, straight stairs leading down. The steps come in only one size, and it is the largest of the three you traversed before. You can still traverse them, but not as quickly.

    The path to the right, is blocked by a wooden walk with plans going into the walls, floor and ceiling. Before it, a chain all the way from the top to bottom of the hallway, coming out and in of a copper pipe poking out the brick.

    The path behind the stairs is a shaft straight down, some charred remains of a wooden structure, with only small bits of wood nailed to the wall remaining.

    The path to the left widen immediately after the doorway. Walls roughly 12ft tall stand to each side. These walls have decorative patter near the top and bottom, with another set of doorways splitting further from them.
    Last edited by Greenflame133; 2024-06-21 at 11:05 AM.

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Eat the monsters IC, Team A

    Hunter walks casually around the room taking in the sights and stops by one of the basins of water. Not being in any dire need of hydration, he takes some time to inhale deeply, seeing if he can detect any aberrant odors and dipping a finger in and touching it to his tongue. Once he deems it safe, Hunter begins refilling his waterskin.

    "Only the left path appears to stay at this level, the others go down. Maybe we should clear this floor of any dangers before going deeper to prevent anything from flanking us." he offers over the bubbling of his waterskin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatwarforged View Post
    You sir are a True Pirate Lord.

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground
     
    DruidGirl

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Planeptune, Gamindustri
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Eat the monsters IC, Team A

    Yorshka, too, begins her inspection of the room. "Passing strange, these flames... smokeless, and without wood to feed them. And these ones..." Yorshka points to the path behind, the charred one, investigating it. Was it done by some kind of creature? Was it recent, or had it been charred for a long time? Were there any footprints or signs of passage?

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    DwarfFighterGirl

    Join Date
    Apr 2024

    Default Re: Eat the monsters IC, Team A

    "Look at this, which way should we take? I wonder if others adventurers have already been here... And this room, mmm?" Comments the elf as she eyes the place and the doors with notorious interest.

    "The fire, the water... No smoke and no apparent fuel or combustible, there's magic here guys! I knew it! Three paths, doors, this should've a meaning!" Theorizes Lunette as she apparently is making up things out of... What little they can see in the room.
    "If we've fire, whoever made or arranged this lacks darkvision, that's a clue, maybe." wonders Lunette aloud before turning to the party waiting for their input.
    Last edited by Red_Stain23; 2024-06-20 at 04:40 PM.

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Greenflame133's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Eat the monsters IC, Team A

    Spoiler: Lunette
    Show

    The flame indeed is magical, it is much like the well known Continual Flame used to make Everburning Torches. However, effects like this. The flames don't appear to be attached to anything, on top of that it is producing heat.

    Closely inspecting the flame itself and wondering out its strange behaviour. Lunette is able to identity at as a variant of Create Fire ability from Nature Sphere. As far as Lunette knows, a parament, or even long-lasting variant of, Create Fire.

    The fire has a few other smaller quirks, suggesting that it was discovered in a process of spellcrafting. Unfortunately, she doesn't know of anyone who made such a discovery. Perhaps It's somebody from inside the dungeon, maybe even Wilkomag.

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    namo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007

    Default Re: Eat the monsters IC, Team A

    "I like the left passage too. Nice decoration, and easy path."
    Yarafel has her blade resting on her shoulder. She's in very good shape, but for all that is not used to just be going down stairs for hours at a time; her knees are protesting.

    "Though I should point out that, if the inhabitants are clever enough to flank us on a given floor, they should certainly be able to do that across floors..."
    "Even gods must learn to control their tempers, lest they set a bad example."
    The Malazan Book of the Fallen, Steven Erikson

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Eat the monsters IC, Team A

    "Perhaps, but there won't be a trail to come up and flank us but we might leave a trail for critters to follow us down." Hunter shrugs in response to Yarafel before moving to the left path, readying his spear and beginning to cautiously make his way down the left-ward path.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatwarforged View Post
    You sir are a True Pirate Lord.

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    DwarfFighterGirl

    Join Date
    Apr 2024

    Default Re: Eat the monsters IC, Team A

    "If possible I'd like to explore all of these paths but that is most likely a waste of our time, so... What about the right path? It certainly isn't as appealing as the left one." Adds the Elf who is still trying to figure out which path is the... Safest? Faster? Hard to tell but she is really into it.

    "We should take a peek into each path before picking one, these may have clues that can grant us greater insight, or not, failure is always a possibility." Says Lunette as she ponders their options.
    Last edited by Red_Stain23; 2024-06-21 at 11:29 AM.

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Eat the monsters IC, Team A

    "If we go down the that shaft, how would we get back up?" Hunter inquires flatly at the suggestion of dropping straight down the shaft in the right-ward path. "Even if there's another way around, we wouldn't be able to retreat if something goes wrong."
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatwarforged View Post
    You sir are a True Pirate Lord.

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Troll in the Playground
     
    DruidGirl

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Planeptune, Gamindustri
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Eat the monsters IC, Team A

    "I'm unable to discern any particular tracks," Yorshka admits, after her investigation. "In lieu of that, we should go with the left path - I agree that we should start with the least committed path before proceeding on."

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Greenflame133's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Eat the monsters IC, Team A

    Heading to the left, you find doorways leading to a small room. About as king as typical bedroom or kitchen. However, they are mostly, with only a few having some furniture in them. Some of it stone and holding up well, but others are wooden and mostly rotten.

    After passing three rooms at each side, you come to a T-junction where the path splits left and right. With either direction showing more of the same. Right in the centre, there is a pool of blood dry blood and a headless man clad in studded leather. Towering over him, you see a large black creature with green spots over its body. It doesnít acknowledge your presence, rather it is focused on the blood, slowly absorbing it.

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground
     
    DruidGirl

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Planeptune, Gamindustri
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Eat the monsters IC, Team A

    Yorshka assists the others in the investigations of the room, though upon spotting the creature and the gruesome sight, she readies herself into a low battle stance. "We'd best see if we can get the drop on it. Any knowledge of such a creature?"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •