New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Crazy Idea IV: Everything Everywhere All At Once!

Quote Originally Posted by JollyChris View Post
    No it isn't i wasn't at my computer, i left the thread open and went to do some stuff around the house and then watch tv for a few hours with my family. Beyond Paradise (the spin off to Death in Paradise) if you want me to be specific.
    And I'm telling you, that's not how it works. I turned off invisible mode, left this open and went to get lunch. It's now been a bit over an hour. I even checked via incognito mode for a little bit since that's a way to stalk your own profile and after about 15 minutes, it changed from currently viewing forum to "last activity 1:05". If you just left a tab open, the forum would've timed you out and you would've displayed as not online. But I saw you. I saw you constantly, for two hours. I saw you online when blade retracted his cult read on you, and then again when blade considered shooting Mal with a kill power he didn't have. I saw you online when Athedia asked for any reason you shouldn't be RB'd, and then again when the deadline for an answer passed about 20 minutes later. Online, as of approximately every 5 minutes, right up until the night ended.

At this point it's just he-said-she-said tho so I'll drop the argument. I'm not changing my vote without a really good reason, though.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

2. - Top - End - #392
    Orc in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Disagree in turn. Maybe you experienced players can tell, maybe I'm just not reading enough and remembering what's said, or maybe I've just not the right brain 🙃 but unless there's a skill to know another person, or a message from someone who does, I only see people saying stuff which could be... Truth, lie, or double bluff... Or multi bluff if such a thing exists. And not being able to tell the difference. I'm left with random being as good a choice as any, otherwise I could end up a pawn of someone's game. While they may be working for the benefit of me, I wouldn't know.

I get what's said with the previous vote so I understand people's reasoning, random worked against me there 😅 Doesn't change my stance however,

3. - Top - End - #393
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by MaltholLoth View Post
    Disagree in turn. Maybe you experienced players can tell, maybe I'm just not reading enough and remembering what's said, or maybe I've just not the right brain 🙃 but unless there's a skill to know another person, or a message from someone who does, I only see people saying stuff which could be... Truth, lie, or double bluff... Or multi bluff if such a thing exists. And not being able to tell the difference. I'm left with random being as good a choice as any, otherwise I could end up a pawn of someone's game. While they may be working for the benefit of me, I wouldn't know.

I get what's said with the previous vote so I understand people's reasoning, random worked against me there 😅 Doesn't change my stance however,
    ...okay, fair.

hums to self

The thing is I'm starting to see the point bladescape made in night phase about JollyChris's reaction to being accused/voted just not feeling like the reaction a cultist would have. Turning over in my head whether it's likely to be the reaction an alien would have.

Also whether alien!MaltholLoth makes that flat_footed vote since it doesn't particularly benefit aliens to do so even assuming not-alien!flat. Does a wolf actually choose every vote randomly?

And whether consensus POE is spectacularly wrong and needs to be flipped upside down. And whether we should just forget cult-hunting and try to kill an alien.

Then again given we're most likely at 4/3/2 town/alien/cult... actually no the fact we're going to have a vig shot might change that, but cult could interfere with that depending on what powers they have...

Eh. I don't know if there's a right move here, and if there is I don't know if I can find it.

Also I will be largely afk for the last four hours of day phase. Which, uh, probably means I should make up my mind and vote.
    I'm writing stuff, come and read it!
    Werewolf games won: 28
    Werewolf games lost: 19
    Games as town: 29.5
    Games as neutral: 6.5
    Games as wolf: 11
    Games narrated: 2
    Deaths: 31

Extended Signature

4. - Top - End - #394
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

And there was me hoping that would be the cue for people to try and persuade me I should vote one or the other. Looks like I'm stuck making this decision on my own then.

JollyChris. I don't feel particularly confident but I also wouldn't feel particularly confident voting for MatholLoth here. My gut says that neither option is right but I don't know who else would be the last cultist and I don't have the time between now and EOD to completely flip my view of gamestate, never mind anyone else's.

But yeah, I guess that shade Xumtiil threw at MatholLoth + it would be weird for alien!MatholLoth to make that vote + does a wolf really respond to pressure with "yeah, I was voting randomly, I see how that makes me suspicious but I'm going to keep doing it" and nothing else = my answer.

Here's hoping.

Extended Signature

5. - Top - End - #395
    Barbarian in the Playground

Okay, I'm here. Frantically getting ready for my trip, just a reminder that my activity levels will be dropping significantly but still should be able to play.

Torn between "Athedia's logic checks out" and "Is Athedia cult pushing really hard for JollyChris because he's non-cult" and "If Xihrili has been culted we really need to hit cult today and it doesn't matter if Malthol is cult JOAT because Xihirli wouldn't kill them anyhow". I still feel we're more likely to hit a cultist in MaltholLoth just based off the the incredibly suspicious D2 voting so I'll stay there but I don't think my vote matters here anyhow.
    Loser of Total War: Rise of Kingdoms
    as
    The Astral Collective

Winner of Total War: Hanrui 3
    as
    The Four Courts of Hanrui/The Equinox League

Plausible Victor of Total War: Pricipia
    as
    The Chrysaorian Hegemony

6. - Top - End - #396

RedKnightGirl

Day 3 ends in ~40 minutes!

Spoiler: Votes so far!
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Athedia View Post
    JollyChris
    Quote Originally Posted by Let'sGetKraken View Post
    MathalLoth
    MatholLoth
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    JollyChris
    Let's get Kraken
    Quote Originally Posted by Benoojian View Post
    JollyChris
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    JollyChris
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    JollyChris

If your vote is missing, you know what to do

- - - Updated - - -

Day 3 has ended!

Spoiler: Day 3 Votes
    Show
    JollyChris
    MathalLoth
    MatholLoth
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    JollyChris
    Let's get Kraken
    Quote Originally Posted by Benoojian View Post
    JollyChris
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    JollyChris
    JollyChris

Stand by for narration

- - - Updated - - -

Day 3 Narration

Vote Count:

Jolly Chris (5): Snow, AV, Benoojian, Xihirli, Athedia
    Kraken (1): MaltholLoth
    MaltholLoth (2): Kraken, Jolly Chris

Flat has once more refused to participate in the corrupt institution of democracy.

"Get us out of here!" you start demanding, "Get us away from those horrible aliens!"

"I can't. For all I knew, they shouldn't have been aware of this universe, so they must have followed you. Or my information is incorrect."

"Well then at least give us the chance to fight back! Take us to where we can get weapons!"

"I... are you sure of that, after what happened with the crossbow? I mean... sure. Ehm... I'm going to need you to burp the alphabet."

"I can't do it! I can't burp on command! Please, I don't want to be left behind!"

"Nonsense, it's easy! Watch, I can even burp the alphabet backwards!"

"NOOO, STOP! YOU'RE GOING TO" but it is too late. Your companion desintegrates and clouds of blood twirl through the water. Some of you feel like throwing up, but given what just happened, you manage to hold back.

Jolly Chris has been eliminated. They were Serial Killer JOAT.

Night actions, see you tomorrow!
    Last edited by Taffimai; Yesterday at 12:01 PM.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

7. - Top - End - #397
    Firbolg in the Playground

Okay not cult which .. isn't *good* for us. But also we got the Serial Killer so yay?

But this also means everyone who voted for him is suspect. Also what is up with Flat rn?

Kraken if you do indeed have a tracking or investigation style role, was that influencing you not wanting to vote for Chris this time?

I am very glad we did though because a JOAT is dangerous at this point in the game.

8. - Top - End - #398

Planetar

Well that’s unexpected, but the cultist is definitely Maltholoth then.

9. - Top - End - #399

Okay not cult which .. isn't *good* for us. But also we got the Serial Killer so yay?

But this also means everyone who voted for him is suspect. Also what is up with Flat rn?

Kraken if you do indeed have a tracking or investigation style role, was that influencing you not wanting to vote for Chris this time?

I am very glad we did though because a JOAT is dangerous at this point in the game.
    Given that we have both an alien mindslaver who has to target someone other than Xihirli tonight, and also a cult, I'm going to decline to share anything about my role until D4.
    as
    The Astral Collective

as

as
    The Chrysaorian Hegemony

10. - Top - End - #400

Given that we have both an alien mindslaver who has to target someone other than Xihirli tonight, and also a cult, I'm going to decline to share anything about my role until D4.
    hmmm sounds like a mindslaver to me (jokes, no actual clue here).

11. - Top - End - #401
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Well, was not expecting an SK flip there but victory I guess?

(ftr, JollyChris, I thought you played really well and wouldn't have tried to kill you if it weren't for... certain other factors.)

Anyway, yeah, MatholLoth is last original cultist. I know because I was converted N2.

Xihirli, you're welcome to shoot one of us if you like, but I'd suggest you and the rest of town run through some numbers first:

It's a reasonable assumption that we have three aliens and thus the current balance is 3/3/2 town/aliens/cult as of EOD3.

If Xihirli shoots a cultist, that makes it 3/3/1 or 2/3/2 depending on whether we successfully convert someone tonight.

Then aliens have a dayvig shot which they will use: 3/3/0, 2/3/1, or 1/3/2. Or, more importantly: 3/3 not-aliens/aliens. So it becomes a race to vote. If not-aliens win such a race and the dayvig or mindslaver dies then it's still possible to make it to a 2/2 or 2/1 endgame.

But realistically, theoretical possibilities aside? If Xihirli shoots anyone who isn't an alien tonight, aliens win.

I realise that us cultists are not going to go away as a problem for town if Xihirli shoots an alien, and we're going to do our best to assimilate the whole of town. But: you have a pretty decent chance of winning with cult due to being converted, a ridiculously small chance of winning with town by eliminating both cult and aliens, and zero chance of winning with aliens for obvious reasons.

Plus if circumstances do change such that killing cult is a good idea for town, I have just made it considerably easier for you to do so.

Extended Signature

12. - Top - End - #402

Well, was not expecting an SK flip there but victory I guess?

(ftr, JollyChris, I thought you played really well and wouldn't have tried to kill you if it weren't for... certain other factors.)

Anyway, yeah, MatholLoth is last original cultist. I know because I was converted N2.

Xihirli, you're welcome to shoot one of us if you like, but I'd suggest you and the rest of town run through some numbers first:

It's a reasonable assumption that we have three aliens and thus the current balance is 3/3/2 town/aliens/cult as of EOD3.

If Xihirli shoots a cultist, that makes it 3/3/1 or 2/3/2 depending on whether we successfully convert someone tonight.

Then aliens have a dayvig shot which they will use: 3/3/0, 2/3/1, or 1/3/2. Or, more importantly: 3/3 not-aliens/aliens. So it becomes a race to vote. If not-aliens win such a race and the dayvig or mindslaver dies then it's still possible to make it to a 2/2 or 2/1 endgame.

But realistically, theoretical possibilities aside? If Xihirli shoots anyone who isn't an alien tonight, aliens win.

I realise that us cultists are not going to go away as a problem for town if Xihirli shoots an alien, and we're going to do our best to assimilate the whole of town. But: you have a pretty decent chance of winning with cult due to being converted, a ridiculously small chance of winning with town by eliminating both cult and aliens, and zero chance of winning with aliens for obvious reasons.

Plus if circumstances do change such that killing cult is a good idea for town, I have just made it considerably easier for you to do so.
    -_- part of me says "go down with the ship and try to eliminate Snowblaze just so she doesn't win again" AKA become the kingmaker. Because as town as scary as the aliens are, the cult is worse. And I might be feeling like a gambling woman today.

That being said we have no reason to believe you that it is 3 cultists and I know I would lie about that if I was culted. It also reassures me that Xihirli wasn't culted last night and that Kraken though likely an alien is not cult.

13. - Top - End - #403
    Titan in the Playground

-_- part of me says "go down with the ship and try to eliminate Snowblaze just so she doesn't win again" AKA become the kingmaker. Because as town as scary as the aliens are, the cult is worse. And I might be feeling like a gambling woman today.

That being said we have no reason to believe you that it is 3 cultists and I know I would lie about that if I was culted. It also reassures me that Xihirli wasn't culted last night and that Kraken though likely an alien is not cult.
    Snow said 2 cultists (which, yes, there's little reason to believe). I do find it interesting that despite general opinion this day/night cycle being "2 cultists", this is the second time you've seemed to approach it from someone who thinks they're living in a 3-cult world. If we're living in a 3-cult situation, then Xi shooting elsewhere makes tomorrow 4 cult, at least prior to the alien shot. If there's no alien shot because Xi shot the alien/killing, then it's 4 cult/3 alien/1 town.

I've never addressed the alien allegations cuz I know it's one of those protesteth-too-much situations. But blade flipped protective, not investigative. blade's got good intuition, but within this game it's demonstrably imperfect. I'm not an alien, but that's the kind of thing that will only get solved in anybody's minds when I flip, regardless of what I say.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

14. - Top - End - #404

Okay, first of all, Snow, thank you for posting this directly when I landed in Amsterdam and not while I had time to kill at an airport. Am posting exclusively on mobile so please excuse typos.

I'm really frustrated with having to pick between two factions, neither of which I actually belong to at this moment, to kingmake - it feels like a disservice to everyone who died before they could be culted - but if Snow is telling the truth, she's right in that shooting for an alien is our best bet. We can assume Aliens will obliterate a cultist tomorrow, and (again, presuming she's being honest) aliens have a 50/50 shot of blocking the conversion. Leaving us either at 2/2/2 of Town/Aliens/Cult - in which case we can work with Aliens to yeet a cultist - or 3/2/1 of Town/Aliens/Cult. I think these are the best odds that we get. The downside is that if Xihirli shoots town, we're out of the game entirely.

Of course, my main problem with this is that it makes a few critical assumptions. What if Snow is lying and there's a third cultist? It can't be Xihirli - if it was, this whole thing would be pointless pantomime at a time when it doesn't matter - but it could be Athedia, flat, or Benooj. In that case, there won't be time to convert several of us, if my understanding of the mechanics is correct. So not only is it going against my faction's interests, I don't even get a win out of it.

There could also be fewer Aliens - mindslaver could have hit a watcher or they could have a JOAT - or more Aliens, for that matter, though that's another point in favour of shooting an alien tonight.

There could be a survivor at this point (lol) - though since Xihirli has to be town here, if Xihirli discarded survivor that eliminated that possibility.

Anyhow, all that to say is that yes, Xihirli should shoot an alien - I think we find one in AV, Athedia, and flat - but I'm frustrated that I either need to take a gamble that could very well play against my faction's interests if Snow is lying and/or wrong, or just lose to aliens outright.
    as
    The Astral Collective

as

as
    The Chrysaorian Hegemony

15. - Top - End - #405
    Titan in the Playground

It would be more attractive an option if I knew for sure who was an alien like I do cult.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

16. - Top - End - #406

I said 3 because I misread Snows numbers. I dunno anymore I just don't want cult to win. I am a bit exhausted from playing tech support for my parents until 11 last night and haven't had any downtime and won't until friday. So just kinda suddenly lost all energy for trying to think my way around this all.

- - - Updated - - -

Trying to determine if I should share my role.

17. - Top - End - #407

RedKnightGirl

Night 3 Narration

With some effort, and rising terror, you all manage to burp the alphabet and zap into a hyper modern hallway, constructed out of polymers. It's like walking into a life-size lego space ship.

"You need to follow this hallway towards the East. There should be a green light visible above the archway where you need to take a turn towards a weapons depot."

The weapons are constructed out of the same materials as the walls - it's as if you're holding toys.

"Praise be to Taffi!" one of you slips.

"Who's Taffi?"

"Oh. Eh. The one who's been guiding us? On the televocators?"

"The what? They never said their name!"

"Oh no! It's a conspiracy! All this time we thought they were helping us, but we were just being led to the slaughter!"

No, no! Wait, I can exp" ZAP

"There! Take that!"

• MaltholLoth has been shot by a blaster. They were Cult Psychic.

"What are you doing?!"

"Didn't like that, did you? But no worries, we're coming for you next!"

"Oh, no. You won't, you magnificent art supply."

"But if it's any consolation, we will!"

GAME OVER

Congratulations go to AV, Kraken, Benoojian and Flat!

Spoiler: Survivors' Roles
    Show

Kraken was Alien Obliterator
    Snow was Town Innocent Child turned Cult Secret Agent N2
    AV was Alien Researcher
    Flat was Alien Telepath
    Athedia was Town Joat turned Cult Joat N3
    Benoojian was Alien Mindslaver
    Xihirli was Town Vigilante
    Last edited by Taffimai; Today at 12:16 PM.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.