New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: OOTS #1304 - The Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    SO I'm an immortal God for not knowing the difference? Sweet! I'd love to get some Cosmic Powers.
    I, for one, welcome our new MunchKING overlord.
    Last edited by Peelee; Today at 07:07 AM.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    You call that easy?
    Easier than I'd expect for a threat lots of CR above them (as an old dragon would be). Easier than most of their fights - in their last three fights (against Serini, the frost giants and the vampies) it looked like they were going to lose at times. This time it never did.

Another reason (fifth or sixth or whatever it is), the dragon looks about the same size as bloodfeast, and allosaurus' are huge animals, the same as (young) adult dragons.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Bugbear in the Playground

Flumph

Wo sez Calder is already done? It's not over yet.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Titan in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Liquor Box View Post
    Easier than I'd expect for a threat lots of CR above them (as an old dragon would be). Easier than most of their fights - in their last three fights (against Serini, the frost giants and the vampies) it looked like they were going to lose at times. This time it never did.

Another reason (fifth or sixth or whatever it is), the dragon looks about the same size as bloodfeast, and allosaurus' are huge animals, the same as (young) adult dragons.
    The thing is, the Vampires had action economy + prep time + knowledge of most of the their foes' capacities on their side, the Giants had action economy + terrain advantage forcing the group to spread + the special winning condition of just needing to disable their mean of transport rather than killing them + Andy giving the Order's side a massive debuff, and Serini had 40+ years of prep time for a "group gets in the backstage area" situation.

Meanwhile Calder is the sole adversary the Order has to focus on, he has no ressource beyond his individual might, no info on who he is fighting, no prep time, and he's just gone through 50 years of mental torture for which he wants revenge, which is hurting his tactical efficiency.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Halfling in the Playground

Imp

Yeah, I agree with Unoriginal. Calder might be just the "random encounter" of this dungeon - a sheer test of power just to confirm that yep, we're the right level for this place, so to speak, without any major narrative consequences (other than placing more questions about the Scribblers and "solving" the Bloodfeast arc).