A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 1 of 17 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Default Order of the Stick: September I

Rabbit, rabbit, rabbit! New month, new thread, new discussion.
    Founding member of the Kaylee club. If your relationship with your batteries has been going on for almost a year now, you can join too! Strawberries and Big City Doctors for all!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Order of the Stick: September I

And new comic when The Giant gets around to it. Not that I can't wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodeus View Post
    However, the general consensus about the best way to stop a monster from attacking is to kill it. In the case of undead, we recommend killing it again.
    2 useful principles for keeping roleplaying games fun.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Unless 215 is Wednesday's script, I'm worried about Giant, board time is now 2 am Thursday morning. :o
    President of the Society for Hobgoblin Equality in Level Adjustment(SHELA)

Glowing Kitty from Lilly
    Wren Worgatar by Mephibosheth
    The Living Bullet!
    Unusual Inner Animal Avatar from Quincunx.
    Whenever you mention Pun-pun*SQUELCH!*, Ao kills another Kobold.
    Everytime someone says "Pazuzu" twice, Ao erases them on the next "Pa". Then he undeletes them so he can wipeinfo them from the multiverse.
    Everytime you kill a catgirl, I get more company.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicKitKat
    Unless 215 is Wednesday's script, I'm worried about Giant, board time is now 2 am Thursday morning. :o
    See this post (second to last on the page).

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

Think of it this way: Hopefully, now you get a dose of OotS for two days in a row :)

Oh, and as someone noticed in the old thread, I really hope the reason is, that Rich is busy enjoying life rather than having another stroke of bad luck :)

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

I second that notion. Comic writers should be excused from all bad luck, but then agian, that could make the comic less interresting. either way, it is better to not lose a beloved comic before his/her time. (just trying to be politically correct)
    \"For the humble doily is indeed the gateway ULTIMATE COSMIC POWER!!\" I am 2631!!!

7. - Top - End - #7
    Pixie in the Playground

Yep.. definatly agree... although.. I do wish the comic were up! Wahhh!!! :'(

Its more addictive than tomacco. :)

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateWench

Its Friday and I'm still waiting for Wednesday's comic.
    OK, I know you're living in the past, kiwis excepted.
    a)What would Banjo do? b)wear my pointy stick c)I'm on an adventure!!

9. - Top - End - #9
    Pixie in the Playground

I wonder how Haley will feel about Miko's battle plan? I'm guessing that since Miko won't want any of the loot, Haley will be thinking that she's got a pretty good thing going here. But maybe she'll be annoyed at Miko for not establishing the plan? Or annoyed at Miko for p'ssing off Roy? Then again, maybe she'll like Miko _better_ for that. Hmmmm.....
    :-/
    ~Olivine
    (specializing in idle speculation)
    ~Better is the Enemy of Done~

10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Olivine
    I'm guessing that since Miko won't want any of the loot, Haley will be thinking that she's got a pretty good thing going here.
    Why wouldn't Miko want a share? She might not and probably wouldn't keep it but that doesn't mean she wouldn't insist on a fair share. Paladins tithe to the appropriate institutions and must maintain equipment and such. Miko most likely would give about half of her share to her lord or to the temple/charity/whatever. The rest would go to maintenance, training, new equipment, etc.
    "Time and space exist not. There was no past, and there shall be no future. NOW is all. All things that ever were, are, or ever will be, transpire now. Man is forever at the center of what we call time and space. I have gone into yesterday and tomorrow and both were as real as today." R E Howard

11. - Top - End - #11
    Pixie in the Playground

As a matter of fact, most paladins will insist on receiving their fair share. Just because they're good doesn't mean they're going to give up their loot. Yeah, they have to tithe a bunch, but you can't tithe what you don't have.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Now that we have a better idea of what Roy's personal ad would say I wonder what Miko's would say. Probably looking for someone who is honorable and is solely interested in smiting evil (not bumping uglies) relationship must remain plutonic in the interest for the greater good?
    Look behind you!

Spoiler
    Show
    Made you look

13. - Top - End - #13
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi

Paladins tithe to the appropriate institutions and must maintain equipment and such. Miko most likely would give about half of her share to her lord or to the temple/charity/whatever. The rest would go to maintenance, training, new equipment, etc.
    Sorry, I'm sure you're right, perhaps I was thinking of Monks? I was remembering Miko's "Filthy lucre" comment, but I didn't remember all of it. :)

Humbly,
    ~Olivine

14. - Top - End - #14

ElfRangerGuy

[snip]"This seems to happen a lot." Wolf Mage [snip]

I just had to respond to this from the August thread, but the thread was closed by the time I saw this comment.

<rant mode activated>
    I would just like to remind people that Rich doesn't get paid for this comic, unless we buy the books. Being on this site is free. Reading the comic is free. It's not exactly a high-paying job. In the last few months he's injured his wrist, been hospitalized, and had his home broken into. So don't whine when he's late with a comic. We should be happy that he does them as often as he does. And it is now time for the spate of bad luck to be over!! >:(
    <rant mode deactivated>

Sorry, I just had to get that off my mind. :)
    "To be gorgeous and high and true and fine and fluffy and moist and sticky and lovely, all you have to do is to believe that one is gorgeous and high and true and fine and fluffy and moist and sticky and lovely, and I believe it of myself." Stephen Fry

15. - Top - End - #15
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by sniffles
    [snip]"This seems to happen a lot." Wolf Mage [snip]

I just had to respond to this from the August thread, but the thread was closed by the time I saw this comment.

<rant mode activated>
    I would just like to remind people that Rich doesn't get paid for this comic, unless we buy the books. Being on this site is free. Reading the comic is free. It's not exactly a high-paying job. In the last few months he's injured his wrist, been hospitalized, and had his home broken into. So don't whine when he's late with a comic. We should be happy that he does them as often as he does. And it is now time for the spate of bad luck to be over!! >:(
    <rant mode deactivated>

Sorry, I just had to get that off my mind. :)
    All true but at the same time, to keep momentum going, Rich needs to update on a regular basis so that his audience doesn't succumb to ADD and wander off elsewhere. A day late isn't a biggie but I'm sure people have seen good sites fail from lack of diligence. I'm not saying that I fear this happening here, I'm just saying that human nature will cause people to move on if new material doesn't keep coming in.
    "Time and space exist not. There was no past, and there shall be no future. NOW is all. All things that ever were, are, or ever will be, transpire now. Man is forever at the center of what we call time and space. I have gone into yesterday and tomorrow and both were as real as today." R E Howard

16. - Top - End - #16
    Pixie in the Playground

Well there is a 'paypal' buttuon on the site, if the readers feel so strongly about the comic that if it is more than day late they would leave it, they can use that and help support rich in anyway possible.
    Now a level 8 ranger.&&My groups started proper.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

I wasn't complaining, merely observing that it was past even the new "dateline" he set for himself, and a little bit of concern as to his wellbeing.

Sidenote: Rich really needs to say "Rabbit Rabbit" each new month. I always forget to, but I try to remind myself to "Tibbar Tibbar" before sleeping.
    President of the Society for Hobgoblin Equality in Level Adjustment(SHELA)

Glowing Kitty from Lilly
    Wren Worgatar by Mephibosheth
    The Living Bullet!
    Unusual Inner Animal Avatar from Quincunx.
    Whenever you mention Pun-pun*SQUELCH!*, Ao kills another Kobold.
    Everytime someone says "Pazuzu" twice, Ao erases them on the next "Pa". Then he undeletes them so he can wipeinfo them from the multiverse.
    Everytime you kill a catgirl, I get more company.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Mercutio01
    As a matter of fact, most paladins will insist on receiving their fair share. Just because they're good doesn't mean they're going to give up their loot. Yeah, they have to tithe a bunch, but you can't tithe what you don't have.
    They have to tithe or give away most of it, don't they? Paladins aren't allowed to accrue wealth.

Or did 3E get rid of that rule? Like it did with illiteracy.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

3E still has illiteracy. For barbarains only, though.

There's no restrictions on paladin wealth, unless they have Vow of Poverty. ;D

20. - Top - End - #20
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Psych 101

Easy explanation for the strip being late.

I learned in Psych 101 that intermittent rewards are more effective than rewards that come on demand or on schedule. Basically, if the pellets dropped out of the tube whenever we expected them, we would become lazy and complacent rats. So, this is Rich's way of keeping us on our toes, a lean, mean, reading machine.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Psych 101

Quote Originally Posted by GypsyThorn
    Easy explanation for the strip being late.

I learned in Psych 101 that intermittent rewards are more effective than rewards that come on demand or on schedule. Basically, if the pellets dropped out of the tube whenever we expected them, we would become lazy and complacent rats. So, this is Rich's way of keeping us on our toes, a lean, mean, reading machine.
    Great. Like I'm not already a guinea pig for 500 other unofficial studies and experiments, now my web strips are leading me along with carrots! >:(

22. - Top - End - #22
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Starla
    Now that we have a better idea of what Roy's personal ad would say I wonder what Miko's would say. Probably looking for someone who is honorable and is solely interested in smiting evil (not bumping uglies) relationship must remain plutonic in the interest for the greater good?
    Plutonic...Like unto a large mass of molten rock rising slowly towards the surface, possibly bursting out as a volcano?

Yeah, ok, I see your point.

23. - Top - End - #23

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by sniffles

ok, i've bought a t-shirt, two books and i'm sending him something for his wrist. i want his bad luck to be over as much as anyone else but i also need my fix!

withdrawals stink :-&

dave / that wolf guy
    I used to have super powers but my therapist took them away.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by thatwolfguy
    ok, i've bought a t-shirt, two books and i'm sending him something for his wrist.

i want his bad luck to be over as much as anyone else but i also need my fix!
    Your couplet rhymes, but is it set to iambic pentameter?
    Crablike god of little squishy things.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by kriebly
    Your couplet rhymes, but is it set to iambic pentameter?
    That would be

da dum da dum da dum da dum da dum

So it isn't but I like the rhyme too. Is Rich ok? Does anyone know what's happening?

26. - Top - End - #26
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by maxon

Is Rich ok? Does anyone know what's happening?
    RawBearNYC wrote in the August thread line:

on Aug 31st, 2005, 5:16pm, Theo wrote:Is he alright? It's not usual for him to skip without a good reason...

He's got a good reason, but I'm not really comfortable giving away his personal business.
    /quote from RawBearNYC

I'd quote it the official way, but I'm not sure how to do that across threads. :-/
    ~Olivine

27. - Top - End - #27
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

I'm probably not going to be forgiven for this, but he might have a good reason. (The link isn't going to provide any information after 9/1 so I'll remove the post later tonight)
    Founding member of the Kaylee club. If your relationship with your batteries has been going on for almost a year now, you can join too! Strawberries and Big City Doctors for all!

28. - Top - End - #28

It's his birthday? *blows noisemaker*

Pokemon Pearl: 5455-5864-6503

29. - Top - End - #29
    Bugbear in the Playground

His birthday eh? He is almost 6 years younger than I am... :o

30. - Top - End - #30
    Pixie in the Playground

Hippy Papy Bithuda Thuthdyy! (or something like that)
    ~Olivine (approximating Pooh)