New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Help with a major villain

I want to make a campaign with four BBEGs. One will be an illithid thrallherd, another a black dragon with a template from Green Ronin (Prismatic, Advanced Beastiary), and for the other two I want to use a Drow matron Mother and a Demon Prince.

If the PCs play it right, the dragon or the demon prince will help them in the fight befroe they fight em.

Problem is, I don't know which Demon Prince to use or how to build the drow. I want to use a really interesting matron mother, who is in fact a szarki (albino drow) in disguise. But I also don't know what to make her. A cleric is expected, a psion seems odd, a binder sounds fun but maybe too wierd, I'm at a loss.

If anyone knows which demon prince to use or has an idea on a CR 20-23 drow build, let me know. Thank you!
    Alchemyprime's Omniblog
    Want some Pathfinder 1e homebrewed? Hit me up!
    Ted Kord Avatar by KPenguin!
    My Gaming Channel!
    My Carrd

Stuff about me
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Noctemwolf View Post
    Thank you very much. you know, I think I like you, Prime. =)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogmantra View Post
    You, sir, have created the best Pokerman possible. Here is your medal. Everyone else can just give up.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Help with a major villain

Drow have a LA of +2 so what about a drow with 20ish levels in cleric?

The equation for CR (IIRC) for a drow (with PC levels) is [character levels] + [+2 level adjustment] + 1.
    Hi, I'm back, I guess. ^_^
    I cosplay and stream LPs of single player games on Twitch! Mon, Wed & Fri; currently playing: Nier: Replicant (Mon/Wed) and The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (Thurs or Fri)

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

you need a weak demon prince, use Jubliex. Heck, if you used him, that would probably make yours the first PCs the fight Jubliex when its not meant as a massacre.

Spoiler
    Show
    Yarr, and I would have gotten away with it to. If I was smarter.

- captain McCallister

my stats
    LG Human Paladin 1/ Sorcerer 1

Ability Scores:
    Str- 15
    Dex- 14
    Con- 16
    Int- 17
    Wis- 13
    Cha- 16

Quote Originally Posted by Brickwall View Post
    Thog is more than a character - Thog is a universal truth
    Smart Thog by me, Smart Thog

4. - Top - End - #4
    Banned

How about a shadow caster? Drowish but still unique? Maybe a Favored soul if you don't want to leave the cleric area, warlock or one of those homebrew warlock/mages/clerics things
    from
    EE

5. - Top - End - #5

My last BBEG was a shadowcaster. They know I don't do repeats of villains, but favorite NPCs pop back up time and again, no matter which world we are playing in. ALlervernis the incarnate showed up in Eberron and a homebrew, Findit is homebrew, and Ricros in Greyhawk and now FR. Louminous has always been told of, the blue skinned flayer paladin (I've used him since we got 3.5 three years ago, I swear.).

Anyway, shadowcaster is out, and I like the favored soul aspect, but that's still iffy to me. Perhaps I should say which books I have access to:
    The Three Core (PHB, DMG, MM)
    Fiend Folio
    Dragon Compendium
    Fiendish Codex I
    Expanded Psionics Handbook
    Tome of Magic
    Dezzavold (Green Ronin)
    Advanced Bestiary (Green Ronin)
    Complete Arcane
    Drow of the Underdark
    Dragon Magazine from 351-360, as well as a smattering of issues from 319 up.
    Races of Stone
    Manual of the Planes
    Deities and Demigods

I also have used Crystal Keep to no end (I took everything), and I have the full SRD.

Does that information help in making something? Part of me was thinking perhaps a multiclassed Cleric, but I want to use a class that makes the drow into what they are: the dominatrix who no matter how much you want to smack her down, she's always just out of your reach, but when they do kill her (or apprehend her, as the paladin will try) it will feel good. Like a real emphisas on the end if the druid coup de gras her.

As for the demon... Juiblex is not my favorite to run. But I want to avoid using Demogorgon or Malcanthet, much less Lolth... I was debating over Orcus, Grazzt, Fraz-Urbluu, or one of the three I made with the template in Dragon 359. Or, maybe, Obox-ob. I like Obox-ob a bit.

Again, thanks for the help, and keep any suggestions coming.
    Alchemyprime's Omniblog
    My Gaming Channel!
    My Carrd

Stuff about me
    Spoiler
    Show
    You, sir, have created the best Pokerman possible. Here is your medal. Everyone else can just give up.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

Drow: Lolth-flavored dread necromancer? Vampire driders, drow wights, undead spiders all over the place... or perhaps a cleric/warlock eldritch disciple?

7. - Top - End - #7

Hm... Drow Death Master... I like it... also opens up the demon lords orcus or the homebrewed Sahzamu to being used. Hm... Orcus, a prismatic Old Black Dragon, a drow death master, an ilithid thrallherd, and a bunch of undead, demons, goblin/vril/blue/bugbear slaves, and prismatic scum (the dragon's minions since he "freed" them from thier aboleth master).

I think I'll use the Death master class, which was essentially the rough draft for dread necromancer. Thanks for the ideas, everybody! I'm good now.
    Alchemyprime's Omniblog
    My Gaming Channel!
    My Carrd

Stuff about me
    Spoiler
    Show