Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon

Thread: Beserker Feat

1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Beserker Feat

I love the Berserker variant in PHBII for Barbarians, but I don't want to stick with the Barbarian class alone, I don't believe, possibly going into Sorcerer to make a Gish of some sort, don't know.

Would it be too over-powered/broken to create a feat that allowed me to continue to stack my levels of whatever other class with the Berserker cap of 5x Barbarian level in hitpoints so that he will be a little more useful?

The feat would look something like this:

Berserker's Heart
    Prereqs: ???
    You may stack levels with other classes and that of Berserker for determining your level to enter the Berserker's Strength.

or:

Berserker's Heart
    Prereqs: ???
    You may add +4 to your barbarian level for determining when your berserker's strength activates. This new level number may not exceed your ECL.
    Races of Thordain

The Complete Face - A Complete book that makes dumpstating Charisma a thing of the past. FEATURING THE NEW BASE CLASS, THE CHARLATAN!

GENERATION 17: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig (for any forums you frequent) and add 1 to the generation. This is a social experiment.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Banned

Default Re: Beserker Feat

It's not more powerful than the feats that make other class levels stack to determine Sneak attack damage.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

First off, I think you need to stay away from letting other levels stack to determine when a berserker's strength kicks in, as it doesn't seem to make much sense, in my opinion.

For prerequisites, I'd consider things like:
    • Four levels in Barbarian
    • Intimidate 4 ranks
    • Base will save +3

Beyond this list, I would treat this feat just like Practiced Spellcaster from Complete Arcane. It would add four to your barb levels (not above HD) for calculating Berserker's Strength.

Hope some of this helps!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Banned

• Four levels in Barbarian
    • Intimidate 4 ranks
    • Base will save +3
    No, bad.

Instead of a class levels prerequisite, you use something that the class gives.
    Why four levels anyway? Try:

Rage class feature and ability to spontaneously cast 2nd level arcane spells.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Barbarian in the Playground

I was merely saying that as an example. Besides, no other base class yet gives a rage ability, as far as I've seen. I'd be happily surprised to the contrary, actually.

I was using four levels to represent having the "heart" of a berserker. You can't just get that from a level or two, in my opinion. I personally like to give prerequisites that are more than just feats; needing a base will save shows strength of a berserker's will.