New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Druid Domains

1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Default Druid Domains

What's the fastest way a druid can get a divine domain? At the moment all I've got is three levels of the Divine Disciple Prc for giving a bonus domain that doesn't require already having a domain, just divine casting. Can anyone get me there in just a feat or whatever? A full domain with power if possible not just adding a domains spells to a druids spell list if possible like with initiate feats.
    Last edited by mostlyharmful; 2008-01-10 at 06:26 PM.
    Give them bread and circusses and the plebs wont rise against you. Give adventurers dungeons and trapped chests and they won't waste time looking to ransack your home and kill your wife.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Default Re: Druid Domains

Well, level 1 if you go with this.

Otherwise, Seeker of the Misty Isle at level 6 would grant the Travel domain.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

I'm AFB now, but I seem to remember that a druid can get levels in contemplative and get two bonus domains.
    Knowledge, logic, reason, and common sense serve better than a dozen rule books.
    E. G. Gygax

Lawful member of the Hinjo fanclub
    Treegrappler of the Durkon fanclub

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

I have Complete Divine handy. Let's see.

Church Inquisitor... that's no good. A druid can't easily get hold of the spell Zone of Truth, I think.
    Radiant Servant requires too many clerical things to bother trying
    Divine Oracle... needs 8 ranks in Knowledge (religion), so a vanilla druid can't enter until 14th level
    Contemplative needs 13 ranks, so is out of reach!
    Seeker of the Misty Isle only needs 4 ranks, so entering at 6th level is possible (in fact, I think it must be easier for a druid to enter than a cleric, since Survival is not usually a class skill for a cleric. If it is, then the cleric probably has the Travel domain already).

Seeker of the Misty Isle has Knowledge (religion) as a class skill, so a level in this would probably then allow near-on-time entry to some of the previously mentioned PrCs - such as Contemplative.

There must be some other domain granting PrCs that I'm forgetting.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

cheers.
    Give them bread and circusses and the plebs wont rise against you. Give adventurers dungeons and trapped chests and they won't waste time looking to ransack your home and kill your wife.