New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Roleplaying Query - Dromites

My DM is starting a new campaign, approx level 6, and I'm going to be playing a Dromite, either a Rogue, or a Soulknife.
    I will be using the rules from the SRD, but this means that I know next to nothing about Dromites, particularly their personality. As Wikipedia also has nothing, I turn to you for advice on playing a Dromite "in character".

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Roleplaying Query - Dromites

A dromite's personality depends on the element they are attached to. Colds are logical and... cold. Fires are quick-tempered and brave. Electrics have coffee in their blood, etc.

Dromites live in a hive-like structure, where the only two dromites with gender get busy to make the babies (they have respectable government-type names that I can't remember). At some point in their life a dromite will almost always experience an insatiable wanderlust or case of claustrophobia and leave their home. Those who don't (due to what I'm guessing is a genetic defect) never leave and will get forced out due to overpopulation (as the others stay as well).

Though I'm not clear on how they do this, dromites form a kind of 'family' with other dromites of other castes. They even have different names here.

I'm not sure on that last bit, but I'm pretty confident in the rest. I'm just sucking this from my memory, though, so I could have made on big error and posted it.
    Last edited by Parvum; 2008-01-14 at 08:01 PM. Reason: Edit.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't beleive I've come across Dromites before...where are they found?
    For the last time, it stands for Shadow of Darkness!

Thankin' Nevitan fer me babytar!

Kasaad Shadowweb-Chitine Paladin of Freedom (now a clickable link!).

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauve Shirt
    SoD is my favorite too.
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerHunter View Post
    SoD casts Pun
    SoD's Pun crits TigerHunter for 10k.
    TigerHunter dies.

Genderbender week comin' up! SoDess by Bisected8 *applause*

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

In the EPH. There's a pretty extensive section on their personalities and culture in that book. I think they may have expanded on them further in Complete Psionic, but I never bought the book, so I can't say for sure.
    My friend and I have a blog, we write D&D stuff there: http://forgotmydice.com/

Comedian avatar by The_Stoney_One

A Guide to Commonly Misunderstood 5th Edition Rules