New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Spytrap -Game in Progress

As all paratroopers sitting around the fire grill their supper Peter Zar stands up and begins to speak:

Dear Comrades, today is a lucky and a sad day for me. Lucky, because we found a German infiltrator, because I was correct with my assumption that he must be a German. Sad because now I have nearly the certainty that one of my best agents must be the double agent, the double agent we knew we have amongst us.

From the beginning: We, the agents, didn’t know each other, only I had the identities of all others. We had one codeword, which could be used in danger to identify ourself.
    One of the agents used this Codeword in his first open speech.
    Why?
    He told me to protect me, so he is in the line of fire, not I. Does that make sense? I thought, no, not really, but he’s my best agent so he must have had a reason.
    Now I think he just wanted to get contacted by the other agents to know their identity.

Second: When I contacted him he was quite surprised that I openly talked to my fellow agents, but when I asked to help me he wanted the names of the other agents immediately.
    Again: Why?
    So I was quite suspicious after the first contacts with him. I must also say that ALL agents knew my identity about the middle of the first day of our mission. All agents responded, some a little hesitant, but that was ok. Only the particular agent insisted on the names.

Then came the night. And at the next day, today, my communication officer was dead. And, a little odd, ALL people in the camp got a secret message from the German double agent (if you did not get one tell me, but I think it must have been all). EVEN I GOT ONE.
    Why me? The double agent must have known that I am Aspirin, so why did he send it to me? Maybe to make sure I get one? Maybe because he was sure I never could read the real message?
    I gave the message to my cryptographer and that is what I got:

Spoiler
    Show

---Quote (Originally by Anonymous Coded Message)---
    Greetings Gentlemen,

This is simply a message to say "Hello" to say that I am here and will
    bring an end to these British fools who think they can outsmart us. We
    have them scared. They are already making mistakes that will eventually
    lead to their downfall. Unfortunately I have little knowledge of who
    is on which side and must, for now, direct you randomly. Fate ((Also
    known as Invisible Castle)) has decreed that Doseki shall be the focus of
    our efforts tonight.

~Your man on the inside.
    ---End Quote---

So… what is that? We know the double agent MUST know my identity. In this message? No word about it. This is a message for the English to mislead them. And I think that some of you are surprised now. Precisely the part of you who COULD read the message. The German infiltrators. For you, it must have sounded like this:

Spoiler
    Show

Greetings Gentleman, My name is Shadow and I am your man in the inside. You may be surprised that I contact you directly but it doesn’t matter because I am the cryptographer of the British agents. Even if they get one of these messages (and I did everything that they will get one) they won’t be able to read it. So please contact me immediately, I already know some secret roles and I want to form a network to root out the British Fools.

Of course this is just an assumption. If the message sounded like that the German would know each other on day two, they would gather together and try to protect each other. Especially the double agent, who should gather more information. From Agent Aspirin, from me. They also knew my identity.

And then Artemis pointed at Shadow. My suspect Nr.1 And Shishnarfne came and tried to protect him. So I was in doubt about Shadow, but I thought I give him a chance: If I’m wrong than Shishnarfne is just a simple Paratrooper and I don’t lose an agent because of doubts.
    If he is a German than there are not only doubts, there are evidences. A German tried to protect another.

I must say it openly now: I don’t trust Sergeant Hadow anymore. I think he’s a German infiltrator and a double agent. I will point at him tomorrow and I hope that there are some people who follow my lead.
    I had a feeling today about Shishnarfne but I’m almost certain about Shadow. And I don’t say that light-hearted because he is one of my best agents, he would have been very useful to find the Germans.

So, sorry for the long speech, normally I’m used to stay low and observe but I had to point out the danger we are in before the Germans take over our squad.
    Avatar by the great Lord Herman. Many, many thanks!
    Empress Catherine by Dr. Bath!
    Castaras made the PiratZarrrrr. Thank you very much!
    Special thanks to Banjo1985 for the Catstronomer.

Squid Bones: They exist!

Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #182
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Zar Peter View Post
    And I don’t say that light-hearted because he is one of my best agents, he would have been very useful to find the Germans.
    Thank you Agent Aspirin.
    Thank you for killing me.
    You will be no closer to finding your double agent because of it.
    I have already explained my motives and reasons to you.
    I have kept you informed of every action taken by me.
    And this is how you repay me....

Sgt. Hadow stands at attention, waiting for the firing squad to take aim on the morrow.

Long live the Queen.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Barbarian in the Playground

Corporal Lewis spits on the ground in front of Sgt. Hadow.

I believed in you sir. I thought that the odds of you being an agent (who in their right mind picks Shadow as an agent now a days - then again, this isn't your standard alpha wolf game), with your history of being in so many battles (other WW games) would certainly have spelled your demise long before now. But I was wrong to take into account how well you fought, what you did in those battles to stay alive, to be any measure of what you do now.

I had heard before (received PMs from Shadow before the game got underway) about how your maneuvers were to save not only your life, but the lives of those around you. (PMs to prolong his life from not being on the enemy team) I wonder if perhaps this is one of those times you were out maneuvered, but then again, a person can only dance for a little while. And while I would have my squad support it's commanding officer to the ends, there is too compelling a word (seems like something you'd write, though I've been wrong about that before) by agent aspirin (in the messages received by him) to further support you of your rank. If you were a true british soldier, you'd accept your fate and still do your best to win one for the queen. Your words now are of arrogance and superiority - something at the very heart of the nazi movement. If agent aspirin is mistaken, then we'll be closer to knowing whom he can or can't trust.

Easy Squad, move in to protect agent aspirin. We'll not have him die from our lack of sleep tonight.

Corporal Lewis goes to stand in front of Agent Aspirin, ready to take the bullet for him.
    I'm usually late to the party, but it's a great time when I get there....
    Spoiler
    Show
    Legionary of Protection
    The Legion, endures....
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex-kat View Post
    It wasn't that easy. Supagoof's just that good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    This is LLD, which, I shouldn't have to tell you, will not bow to your math because it was DESIGNED to ruin it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    Summary:
    Supagoof has won the game and withdrawn. He was Epic

4. - Top - End - #184
    Orc in the Playground

Post Re: Spytrap -Game in Progress

Easy men. Corporal, you are a very clear and intelligent man, it is clear that you are looking good for promotion, should this unfortunate event be proven true.

Agent Aspirin, you have my full support tomorrow, and my gun, should the situation call for it. I shall also stand by you tonight.

*Sergeant Pixe stands next to Agent Aspirin and Corporal Lewis.*
    Failed at RAF hosting.

AMENite
    Spoiler
    Show
    Roles in WW games so far...
    Villager:7
    Mason:1
    Seer:0
    Fool:2
    Alpha:1
    Devil:0
    Wolf:5
    Other:1

Current games
    Stargate
    When Cicidians Cry
    Face Stealers
    Fatbelly 4

BRC killed my Pixe!! thankies dude!

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ettin in the Playground

Private Stark listens to exchange of words beetwen Aspirin, Sgt. Hadow and Corporal Lewis. He then stands next to corporal, ready for guard duty. Looking up, into the night sky, he starts singing "The answer my friend, is blowin' in the wind, the answer is blowing' in the wind..."

((OK, so the timing is totally off the chart, but the said song is just playing on my playlist and it seemed like it fits the situation ))
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

6. - Top - End - #186

Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    ((Hey, Jontom and others interested, FYI - Go do a search for Spytrap in google! Awwww yeah! Thought you'd like to know.

@V Yeah, Ceika does a great job. That's Tink - a person I had once created for use in town. Her backstory is a fairy/elf mix, with the ability to interchange between both. That's her elf look,
    This is her fairy look. ))
    ((think i may be developing a crush on both you and tink!! But thats a completely different thread i think....))
    *runs off and hides*

My One And Only Trophy

7. - Top - End - #187
    Dwarf in the Playground

((So's... I gots a question. I thought that the double agent was just that, only a double agent that counted as a secret one. I di dn't know that he was also a german with power moves. I didn't think Shadow could be both?))
    Last edited by Mustiado; 2008-02-25 at 11:53 PM.

Writer of the winning scene for Rebellion IV - Thanks guys! Zeus Trophy courtesy of Phase. Who rocks.
    CatMuffin Wolfwood courtesy of Onasuma.
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #188
    Banned

That's because I'm not.
    Not that I expect anyone to believe me, mind you.

And you address me as SIR when you speak, son!

9. - Top - End - #189
    Dwarf in the Playground

With all due respect, sir... this Irish mongrel says you can stick it up yer arse.

--Conner slaps the dust off of his Broad Black Brimmer, and prepares for the morrow--

((I had no idea typing in an irish brogue was harder than speaking it. ))
    Last edited by Mustiado; 2008-02-25 at 11:57 PM.

Writer of the winning scene for Rebellion IV - Thanks guys! Zeus Trophy courtesy of Phase. Who rocks.
    CatMuffin Wolfwood courtesy of Onasuma.
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #190
    Banned

That's more like it.
    If you're going to be insubordinate and join this mutiny, the least you can do is be respectful while doing it, son.

Didn't you boys learn your lesson the last time an officer was killed?

((Here's the problem. Everyone assumes because it's ME that I'm the double. If this were a normal game, I'd understand. But this isn't a normal game. The role of Double Agent was ASSIGNED! I'm far too obvious a choice for that. It would be about the same as giving the role of Fool to Llama. (luv ya bro) You've been looking at me because it makes sense to look at me. If you look hard enough, you'll always find what you're looking for. My only regret was the fact that I had to be outed as an Agent before this was addressed.))
    Last edited by Shadow; 2008-02-26 at 12:09 AM.

11. - Top - End - #191

That's more like it.
    If you're going to be insubordinate and join this mutiny, the least you can do is be respectful while doing it, son.

((Here's the problem. Everyone assumes because it's ME that I'm the double. If this were a normal game, I'd understand. But this isn't a normal game. The role of Double Agent was ASSIGNED! I'm far too obvious a choice for that. It would be about the same as giving the role of Fool to Llama. (luv ya bro) You've been looking at me because it makes sense to look at me. If you look hard enough, you'll always find what you're looking for. My only regret was the fact that I had to be outed as an Agent before this was addressed.))
    ((True, which means you were either setup or very good at trying to convince the warpath otherwise at this point.

I know what it's like to be setup *glances at mafia thread* but then again I also know what the do to move away from the warpath. *second glance in same direction*

And the Shadow I know, the one that plays the game at another level, would have something to move others away from the warpath....

Though giving up that something might only offer further proof and reasoning that the warpath is justified. Tough conundrum.

Sorry Shadow, once again your legacy precedes you. But hey, if we're wrong, it'll give you another reason to toss that legacy aside.))
    Spoiler
    Show
    Legionary of Protection
    The Legion, endures....
    This is LLD, which, I shouldn't have to tell you, will not bow to your math because it was DESIGNED to ruin it!
    Summary:

12. - Top - End - #192
    Pixie in the Playground

((Oh its simply delicious, feints within feints within feints, words immortalized in Frank Herbert's Dune. If Shadow is a double agent, what does that say about those who defended him? If not what does it say about those who attacked him? and again those who defended him? who's bluffing? who's double-bluffing? who's actually being truthful? God I love this game! I should have joined one sooner.

Oddly enough that brings to mind a poem which looking at it, seems to have little to do with the situation but all the same..

There's no earthly way of knowing
    Which direction we are going
    There's no knowing where we're rowing
    Or which way the river's flowing
    Is it raining, is it snowing?
    Is a hurricane a-blowing?
    Not a speck of light is showing,
    So the danger must be growing.
    Are the fires of hell a-glowing?
    Is the grisly reaper mowing?
    Yes!
    The danger must be growing,
    For the rowers keep on rowing,
    And they're certainly not showing
    Any signs that they are slowing!

such a chilling song for a children's movie. Gives me this sense of impending doom and descent into madness and despair.))

13. - Top - End - #193
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Sorry Shadow, once again your legacy precedes you. But hey, if we're wrong, it'll give you another reason to toss that legacy aside.))
    That's what I've been trying to do for MONTHS! For damn near a year now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Free Hand View Post
    ((Oh its simply delicious, feints within feints within feints, words immortalized in Frank Herbert's Dune. If Shadow is a double agent, what does that say about those who defended him? If not what does it say about those who attacked him? and again those who defended him? who's bluffing? who's double-bluffing? who's actually being truthful? God I love this game! I should have joined one sooner.
    Welcome.
    Werewolf Anonymous meetings are everyday, anytime you'd like to attend, day or night. Just follow the link and the rest of the group will listen intently to all your woes.
    And the coffee's pretty good too.
    Last edited by Shadow; 2008-02-26 at 12:58 AM.

14. - Top - End - #194

That's what I've been trying to do for MONTHS! For damn near a year now!
    ((Yeah, though it hurts you in a game with a double agent.

Or a game where the narrator states before start that some roles may or may not be at random. *glances at thread 3rd time*

You should begin playing every game like I do...TRYING TO DIE! It helps, trust me. Perhaps you can take over Joosbawx's first day game lynching record of 5 games where he was lynched on the first day. At least I think it was Joosbawx, might have been Gnome Barbarian who had 5 to JBs 4. So long ago I forget.))
    Spoiler
    Show
    Legionary of Protection
    The Legion, endures....
    Summary:

15. - Top - End - #195
    Banned

GB. I'm almost positive.

16. - Top - End - #196

That's more like it.

Sorry, I want to make an objection.
    I try to protect you in every game. I only want to lynch you when the evidence is so clear that I have no other choice to do it.
    I have at last three!!! evidences which point to the fact that you are the double, the only thing that speaks for you is that you are the decrypter and it would be a little senseless to invent such a role and give it the double. On the other hand it would be a great advantage for him.
    If I don't point at you now, I will NEVER point at you. It's not your name, it's saying the password, being defended by a German and trying to get the name of the baner even in the last chat... I am really more and more convinced that you must be the double. If not you than the baner.

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #197
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Zar Peter View Post
    he only thing that speaks for you is that you are the decrypter and it would be a little senseless to invent such a role and give it the double.
    I rest my case.
    I know that I'm not going to change anyone's minds. I just want you to see that you already know what's going to happen here....

18. - Top - End - #198
    Pixie in the Playground

(( @Jontom Xire... I sent you a PM and I was waiting for an answer so I can post again... anyway))

Sponis is really confused by the way things have gone.
    "In this side there is Sgt. Hadow, a man beyond any suspicion... until now. Peter Zar have pointed some clues that makes a lot of sense. But if he isn't guilty? Then what? I hope Peter is right or else we'll kill an innocent commrade."

Sponis goes with Peter Zar and the others, and points at Sgt.Hadow [Shadow]
    My Character...
    Spoiler
    Show

Gorzun Longshots - Orc Hunter

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ettin in the Playground

((Once again, you have to wait for new day to start before you attempt to lynch somebody.))
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mustiado View Post
    ((So's... I gots a question. I thought that the double agent was just that, only a double agent that counted as a secret one. I di dn't know that he was also a german with power moves. I didn't think Shadow could be both?))
    Just as a rules clarification and explanation:

If the double agent was only allowed to be a normal secret agent then Agent Aspirin would know for a fact several agents that were safe and it would make it too easy to find the double agent.

So the double agent can be ANY secret agent except Agent Aspirin himself, even if they then also have a second ability/role such as seer, baner, or cryptographer.

I'll put this in the first post for posterity as well.

===

Spawn_I, sorry I didn't reply to you. I get a lot of PMs, especially given the recent transmission of decoded messages to so many people. You were sent a role PM, so you don't need to wait for permission. Just wait for daytime and dive in and make your point at someone. At night time PM any night actions that your role has.

Also, if you PM both narrators you double your chances of a reply.

===

Talking of night actions, I'm still waiting for some. Please send them in soon so we can progress the game.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Damn Jontom and his twisting logic that make sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    Nothing personal JX, I just know how completely devious and brilliant you are at these games when you have the time to devote to them.
    All I'll say is that Jontom is a master at these games ... the blue guy with the spiky teeth can be very persuasive.

Evnafet's GitP WW archive is here.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Orc in the Playground

Private Kingsley looks at Sargeant Hadow, looks at Agent Aspirin (what a silly name!) and looks back at Sargeant Shadow.

"Hmmmm. Ok Sargeant. It seems pretty clear to me that your head is on the chopping block here. You are in a highly unenviable position. You've been outed as an agent for sure, and possibly a double agent, which you deny. Now of course your actions earlier I see as highly suspicious so if pushed I'm going to vote for your death. But if you are a Double Agent, wouldn't that mean you have a choice available to you? After all a double agent presumably knows who the German infiltrators are and that information has value. If you were the double agent you could admit it to Agent Aspirin, then out one of the Germans, and the rest of us would protect you against them. If all the Germans were dead I'd say you would have performed a service that could be worth your life, but I'd check with Agent Aspirin if I were you. If you're NOT the double agent, well, you're dead because you have nothing to offer. If the REAL double Agent is listening though and doesn't come forward. When you are found I promise you that I have no qualms about staking you out and building a small fire next to your crotch.

Oh by the way Hadow, I'd do it now and in the open so you can be protected whilst we sleep otherwise the Germans might decide to eliminate you just to be sure.
    Last edited by Jagg; 2008-02-26 at 05:26 AM.
    Jondar in Winding Roads

22. - Top - End - #202

Private Kinsley, I'm sad to say but that's not the way it works. The double agent is no double agent, he's a German, infiltrated the English agents. If he work for us that would mean that he loses because he has the winning conditions of the Germans.
    No chance for the double agent to be in use for us (but he could tell us the Germans of course, I would be very thankful for this and grant him a fast, painless death )

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ogre in the Playground

Night actions people, I haven't gotten nearly as many as I should have. Make sure to send them to BOTH the narrators, so we can be on the same page.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Pixie in the Playground

((I was under the impression that the Nazis had a thing for being Punctual, apparently not.))

25. - Top - End - #205
    Banned

((I say screw 'em. You give them 24 hours. They've had 40 hours. Let's move on already. Let's lynch that sonuva... Shadow.))
    Last edited by Shadow; 2008-02-27 at 01:38 AM.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Halfling in the Playground

That's partly 'cos I haven't had access for the last 16 hours. Commuting, eating, talking to girlfriend, sleeping, breakfast...

=======

Day dawns, another bitterly freezing morning. A blizzard surrounds you, preventing you from seeing more than a few feet and preventing any travel today, not that the unit has travelled at all since the loss of the maps and radio, preferring instead to stand around bickering.

Someone comes up with the idea of a role-call to make sure no-one has got lost in the blizzard - and perhaps to find out if anyone was killed during the night. One by one the names are called out until you get to Jagg. A quick search of the camp reveals nothing. Until someone suggests he might be at the makeshift latrine a little outside the camp. He is, but one look is all it takes to know he is dead. No-one could have that many icicles in their hair and still be alive. It's more the case that he is one big icicle.

A quick check of the body reveals that his throat has been cut. Tucked into one pocket are a packet of secret orders. It looks like the German infiltrators have struck again.

Spoiler
    Show

Night ends. Secret Agent Penicillin (Jagg) was killed by the German infiltrators.

Day starts. Let the pointing commence.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Damn Jontom and his twisting logic that make sense.
    Nothing personal JX, I just know how completely devious and brilliant you are at these games when you have the time to devote to them.
    All I'll say is that Jontom is a master at these games ... the blue guy with the spiky teeth can be very persuasive.

Evnafet's GitP WW archive is here.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Banned

We already know what's going to happen. Who am I to stop progress?

*points at Shadow

Let's make it unanimous, shall we?

28. - Top - End - #208

You know it goes faster if you tell us the other Germans?

I point at Shadow, although I'm a little disappointed. You made it too easy for me. On the other hand: Being in the position to bring all Germans together on day two and knowing that my lifespan isn't very long in these games...
    When I'm dead I would like to know how close my version of the letter was to the real one.

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #209

((Oh noes, third on the bandwagon!))

Can't make an omelet without cracking a few eggs now can we?
    Sgt. Hadow you have been accussed of high treason. I'd say we court marshall you, but that would require a trial and ranks we don't have, so let's skip right to the execution portion.

Corporal Lewis unsheathes his pistol and points at Sgt. Hadow.

((@V Best post = Freshmeat - Yes, I know it's not that game, but still.))
    Last edited by Supagoof; 2008-02-27 at 09:25 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Legionary of Protection
    The Legion, endures....
    Summary:

30. - Top - End - #210

Corporal Sam Therfe takes his rifle and points it firmly at the accused agent.

"Sgt. Hadow pranged his kite right in the how's-your-father; hairy blighter, dicky-birded, feathered back on his sammy, took a waspy, flipped over on his Betty Harpers and caught his can in the Bertie!"
    Last edited by Freshmeat; 2008-02-27 at 09:13 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Sigatar by Crimmy