New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Question regarding Clone spell.

I was just reading over the description for the Clone spell on http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Clone , and I noticed that it said the soul enters the clone as soon as it's grown assuming the orginal body is dead. Why doesn't the person who is being cloned get any choice about whether they are brought back in this way while they do with the Raise Dead series? I just thought I'd ask due to how Clone could really be abused by a realy rich antagonist who really wanted to get rid of an enemy perminantly (also, if someone's Con was reduced to 0 using this spell repeatedly, would a True Ressurection bring the victim back with their original Con stat?).
    "It doesn't matter what you think I'm supposed to be, 'cause I myself know all too well." Line from "King of My World" by Saliva.
    Good itP 2009 winner,Cleric itP Winner.
    Taking Reiki requests. PM me for details.
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #2
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Question regarding Clone spell.

This spell makes an inert duplicate of a creature. If the original individual has been slain, its soul immediately transfers to the clone, creating a replacement (provided that the soul is free and willing to return).
    It looks like they do get a choice.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Question regarding Clone spell.

Okay thanks (I thought it was saying that the person being cloned didn't have any choice for some reason).
    "It doesn't matter what you think I'm supposed to be, 'cause I myself know all too well." Line from "King of My World" by Saliva.
    Good itP 2009 winner,Cleric itP Winner.
    Taking Reiki requests. PM me for details.
    Spoiler
    Show