New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Age of Worms Opinions and Where Can I Find It?

I've recently become interested in running an Age of Worms campaign but I've unfortunately run into a couple of blockades:

One is that I don't know whether or not if it's plainly worth the effort to run it, and secondly, where can I find it? As Paizo doesn't have a collected work for it and $60 is a lot of money to buy pdfs, does anyone know of where I could find it? PM if you do! Thanks!

-X
    Chris Bennett
    Author and Lead Developer of Path of War
    Freelancer

My credits:
    Path of War and Path of War Expanded: An OGL Tome of Battle for the Pathfinder game system, for Dreamscarred Press.
    Psionics Augmented: Psychic Warrior and Psionics Augmented: Soulknife for Dreamscarred Press.

My extended homebrew signature!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Age of Worms Opinions and Where Can I Find It?

It is worth the effort to run it. I haven't heard anyone who's run it either as a DM or PC have any complaints. Everyone seems to love it, which is saying something. You'll be shelling out a good deal of cash either way. You can try to find somewhere with back-issues of the magazines, but you'll likely end up paying as much if not more for it.

Any attempts to get it without paying or without someone physically giving you the magazines is going to be illegal.

Sixty bucks is less than you'd pay for a couple of campaign-setting books and not too much for a full campaign in my opinion. Pick up the first couple mags on pdf and start running it. If your group likes it and the cost is prohibitive, you can always ask them to pitch in for the campaign materials so you can keep going. If they don't like it, you at least have a couple of magazines with other useful material in it.
    Last edited by Irreverent Fool; 2008-02-09 at 08:51 PM.
    On DMPCs: "Remember, nothing will spice up your campaign quicker than long descriptions of NPC’s doing spectacular stuff while the players sit around and watch." -Shamus Young, DM of the Rings
    Divide By Zero: Irreverent Fool, you are my hero.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

I understand the illegality thing, I wasn't intending that. I was more asking if anyone knew where to find it + cheaper then $60. But c'est la vi.

Also, if anyone knew where I could find a brief breakdown of the adventure path to make sure if it's something I wanna subject players to.

-X
    Chris Bennett
    Freelancer

My credits:
    Path of War and Path of War Expanded: An OGL Tome of Battle for the Pathfinder game system, for Dreamscarred Press.
    Psionics Augmented: Psychic Warrior and Psionics Augmented: Soulknife for Dreamscarred Press.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Firbolg in the Playground

Having played it myself....ya its worth it. Dropping a ceiling on the most ancient lich in the history of D&D is always worth it
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

5. - Top - End - #5

Quote Originally Posted by ErrantX View Post
    I understand the illegality thing, I wasn't intending that. I was more asking if anyone knew where to find it + cheaper then $60. But c'est la vi.

Also, if anyone knew where I could find a brief breakdown of the adventure path to make sure if it's something I wanna subject players to.

-X
    Sorry, didn't mean to accuse you of anything.

The wizards website has a few articles giving a general synopsis on what's going on and how to run certain encounters, I think.
    On DMPCs: "Remember, nothing will spice up your campaign quicker than long descriptions of NPC’s doing spectacular stuff while the players sit around and watch." -Shamus Young, DM of the Rings
    Divide By Zero: Irreverent Fool, you are my hero.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Nah, no worries. T'was my bad, I reread what I wrote afterward and I was like, "Doh, text does not convey enough".

Thanks though!

-X
    Chris Bennett
    Freelancer

My credits:

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

I've played it through twice, it's worth it. But the campaign must be carefully read through by the DM...atleast twice. Don't half-butt it or it won't be worth the time...

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

8. - Top - End - #8

Is Age of Worms better than Savage Tide?
    Common sense is not so common.

Nanfoodle the Maverick, Conjurer of expensive tricks

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by I'm da Rogue!
    You make sense in an annoying way.