New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Pied Piper of Hamelin build?

As you could tell from the thread title, I'm looking to re-create the Pied Piper of Hamelin in DnD. Specifically, a 'Face' bard who can fascinate everything under the sun, and then Suggest them into following him around.

Possibly, using Perform (Dance), then Suggest them into joining him with a "Come! Dance with me!" since, surely if there's one guy capering around the battlefield, it must be 'reasonable' enough to qualify, right?

I can finally have my dream of winning DnD through musical numbers and the power of Riverdance.

Is this possible? He would need at least Requiem (undead: Thriller, anyone?), Green Ear (plants), Soothe the Beasts (animals/magical beasts), and Speak to the Masses (x2 as many Fascinated targets). He'd also need to pump up his perform check to keep people from resisting his siren song with a will save.

I've never actually played a bard before, so I could use all the help I could get on this one.

EDIT: Maybe get in some Undersong, Warblade (plus Chaos music) and Diamond Mind maneuvers to beat people to death with my dance, a la Nexus's Lord of the Dance
    Last edited by dyslexicfaser; 2008-02-17 at 04:26 PM.
    People seemed to like this better, but only marginally so - the way one might prefer to be stabbed than shot. Optimally, one isn't stabbed or shot. Optimally, one eats some cake! But there are times when cake is not available, and instead we are destroyed. This is the deep poetry of the universe. -- Tycho Brahe

Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Pied Piper of Hamelin build?

The versatile performer feat from complete adventurer makes it so that you can get (INT bonus) worth of extra perform(x) for free and a +2bonus if you use multiple performances simultaneously. Other than that, it's easy to optimize perform. Improvisation (Bard 1 spell) grants a luck bonus which stacks with nearly everything, masterwork instruments grant +2, and custom magic items grant +x.

If, at any point, I write something that appears humorous, just chalk it up to your twisted imagination.
    Spoiler
    Show

Winnie the Pooh by Sneak.
    Fishing by Dr. Bath.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

he's just a high level bard using mass suggestion

4. - Top - End - #4

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Kemek View Post
    he's just a high level bard using mass suggestion
    Yes, I suppose he is. That wasn't really the point of my post, though. My point was: what build could I make that can make the most out of fascinate and suggestion?
    People seemed to like this better, but only marginally so - the way one might prefer to be stabbed than shot. Optimally, one isn't stabbed or shot. Optimally, one eats some cake! But there are times when cake is not available, and instead we are destroyed. This is the deep poetry of the universe. -- Tycho Brahe

Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #5

Virtuoso! Dominate fits the piper to a T.

6. - Top - End - #6

Thanks, I'll look into it. CArc?

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dyslexicfaser View Post
    Thanks, I'll look into it. CArc?
    Virtuoso is from CAdv.

There's also a spell from PHB2 that fits in the vein of mass crowd control, although this one may be a lot more deadly: incite riot.
    Last edited by AslanCross; 2008-02-17 at 10:35 PM.

Eberron Red Hand of Doom Campaign Journal. NOW COMPLETE!
    Sakuya Izayoi avatar by Mr. Saturn. Caella sig by Neoseph.

"I dunno, you just gave me the image of a nerd flying slow motion over a coffee table towards another nerd, dual wielding massive books. It was awesome." -- Marriclay

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dyslexicfaser View Post
    He would need at least Requiem (undead: Thriller, anyone?)
    What is this? Where is this? I may have been looking for something like this.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Collin152 View Post
    What is this? Where is this? I may have been looking for something like this.
    It's a feat from Libris Mortis that allows Bard music to affect undead.

Eberron Red Hand of Doom Campaign Journal. NOW COMPLETE!
    Sakuya Izayoi avatar by Mr. Saturn. Caella sig by Neoseph.

"I dunno, you just gave me the image of a nerd flying slow motion over a coffee table towards another nerd, dual wielding massive books. It was awesome." -- Marriclay

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AslanCross View Post
    It's a feat from Libris Mortis that allows Bard music to affect undead.
    Ah nesecary, but not quite what I thought.