New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 32 of 50 FirstFirst ... 7222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #931
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Request a Homebrew

C 482: Try making that one it's own thread. It's not a small idea and honestly, i'm not sure how you could do it without breaking the game; 4e templates make stuff elite and hat would make the world utterly terrifying...unless you were planning to apply it to minions...

C 483: Base classes are specifically deemed too much for this thread. Try asking in its own thread. Otherwise, just base your handgun on the heavy Crossbow but make it one handed and exotic.

H 484: Not sophiticated but replace woodland stride with Roofrunner from Races of Destiny and amend Camouflage to work in urban rather than wilderness settings. Last i checked, that's everything where it matters; difficult terrain navigation is useful in a city, just make sure to fill the alleys with realistic difficult terrain.
    Mine is not so much a Peter Pan Complex as a Peter Pan Doom Fortress and Underground LairTM!
    Fae-o-matic Want a fae from folklore stated? Give me the lore and I'll do it for you!
    Le Cirque Funeste Evil Fairy Circus! Ray Bradbury, refined down to snortable powder!

2. - Top - End - #932
    Titan in the Playground

R485
    I'm trying to come up with a better will-o-wisp than the one which is found in the MM I (which is just a glowing ball that shocks people). I was thinking that it could make some kind of small (in volume not necessarily in detail) illusion centered on itself, or a general enchantment that causes people who can see it (ally or not) to be compelled to move towards it. I was hoping to make this LA +0, but I suck at statting stuff out or getting any game-rules details.
    Last edited by Qwertystop; 2010-11-04 at 12:27 PM. Reason: added numbering

3. - Top - End - #933
    Ogre in the Playground

H485: It's practically impossible to design a flying, Tiny creature with a +0 LA value. I'm pretty sure it can't be done, simply because it will turn into a retardedly powerful option for spellcasters.

I can help with the enticing bit thought:

Siren [General]:
    You are Adept at making things look so provocative as to draw folks to them, even against their better judgement.
    Prerequisites: Bluff 6 ranks, Skill Focus [Bluff]
    Benefit: As a Standard action, you may attempt to draw an opponent to you. Make a Bluff check with a -1 penalty per 5ft apart you are from the target and compare it to a Sense Motive Check from the target. If you win, the target moves half their speed towards you. If they encounter an obstacle, they may make a Will save, DC 11+ Cha to realise the danger and stop.
    taken from my Fae-o-matic thread.
    Mine is not so much a Peter Pan Complex as a Peter Pan Doom Fortress and Underground LairTM!
    Fae-o-matic Want a fae from folklore stated? Give me the lore and I'll do it for you!
    Le Cirque Funeste Evil Fairy Circus! Ray Bradbury, refined down to snortable powder!

4. - Top - End - #934
    Titan in the Playground

H485: The spellcaster bit can be fixed with an inability to cast spells with somatic components, on account of being a floating ball (and possibly a penalty on verbal-component spells, for a similar reason: having no vocal apparatus, but just vibrating to produce faint sounds). I suppose I could take LA+1, also.

5. - Top - End - #935
    Ogre in the Playground

C 485: Ok then, what type do you want it to be and i'll try to knock one up...

The least abusable is the Mortal type by Vorpal Tribble [Humanoid without the shape assumptions] but Elemental or Fey could both work.

6. - Top - End - #936
    Titan in the Playground

C 478?

Quote Originally Posted by Mulletmanalive View Post
    C 478a Fixed that for you. Are the Serpentire and the other thing from MM 5 unsuitable for your needs? The former is a snake skeleton that ends one either end with a human torso and the latter is a wierd stack of bones that turns into a rhino thing.
    Or if you don't have MM 5 (which Mulletmanalive maybe know you to have...) and want variety from zombies and skeletons, I recommend my organ undead :

How to get a bunch of Undead out of one corpse:
    Skulking Bladders (with attached kidneys) CURRENTLY BARELY BEGUN CONSTRUCTION.
    (Also have future plans for crawling livers, and slithering spinal cords. )

Zooming Brain: Fly past on barely controlled course damaging all mental abilities for a brief duration.

Fat Glob: Slow, weak, but LOTS of HD, and a fatigue effect if it hits.

Rolling Eyeball: Scouts, spies, and roving patrols. Zero offensive capabilities unless taken from something with a gaze attack or eye-rays.

Floating Lungs: (based around the Shout spell). Feel free to suggest a better name...

Hopping Stomach: Spits acid.

Gut Snake: Undead intestines that fight with constriction, filth, and odor. Comment HERE.

Empty Skin: Macabre, but not always aggressive. Freak your characters/players out without a single die rolled... Intelligent servants for the necromancer just starting to come into his true power.

Dark Hearts: Literally pulsing with negative energy these repair the undead near them, and damage the living.
    Last edited by DracoDei; 2010-11-04 at 05:08 PM.
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Currently Running: Equestria Begins (A High Tactics campaign)
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

7. - Top - End - #937
    Titan in the Playground

C 485: Ok then, what type do you want it to be and i'll try to knock one up...

The least abusable is the Mortal type by Vorpal Tribble [Humanoid without the shape assumptions] but Elemental or Fey could both work.
    C485
    Whichever is best, I really don't know much about this, but it seems that Fey would be best flavor-wise. You can do another if it is easier though.

8. - Top - End - #938
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by master256 View Post
    C485
    Whichever is best, I really don't know much about this, but it seems that Fey would be best flavor-wise. You can do another if it is easier though.
    H485:

Ghostlight:
    • -6 Strength, -2 Constitution, +4 Dexterity. Ghostlights are horribly fragile but fast and agile.
    • Fey - Ghostlights are fey and are this immune to effects specific to humanoids [charm person and the like].
    • Size - Tiny. The Ghostlight is Tiny [the size of a large cabbage] and gain a +2 bonus on AC and Attack rolls, along with a +8 bonus to Hide checks [see below, however]. They suffer a -8 penalty on Grapple, Bullrush, Sunder, Disarm, Overrun, and Trip checks.
    • Ghostlights zip along above the ground at an altitude of about 5ft. This is treated as a normal land movement of 40ft, though they are not affected by difficult terrain or very difficult terrain unless this is at least 5ft tall.
    • At 10th level, a Ghostlight gains the ability to zip along as long as they remain within 20ft of a solid surface, functioning like a very odd version of a Climb speed.
    • Electric Touch: The touch of a Ghostlight deals 1d6 damage.
    • Glow: All Ghostlights shed light as if they were carrying a torch. They can dim this to the levels of a candle by Concentrating [Standard action every round]. Undimmed, this inflicts a -10 penalty on stealth, while dimmed, it inflicts -5.
    • Low Light Vision: Ghostlights can see twice as far as humans in poor lighting conditions.
    • Bonus Feat - Ghostlights receive the Siren feat [see post 4 above for details], even if they do not meet the prerequisites.
    • No hands - Ghostlights have no hands. They cannot lift or touch anything and lacking much of a body, the only items they can possess are a pair of rings [most take the Vow of Poverty. They need not be exalted or even good to do so]. They cannot cast any spell that requires a Somatic component.

Racial Feats:
    Very Enticing [Racial]:
    You have mastered how to draw mortals to their doom.
    Prerequisites: Ghostlight, Bluff 6 ranks.
    Description: You may add half your HD to all Bluff checks made as part of the Siren ability. Additionally, if you possess the feat Skill Focus [Bluff], you gain an additional +3 bonus on Siren checks.

Dim Bulb [Racial]:
    Unlike most of your kind, you can dim your light completely, appearing rather like a floating mass of fluff.
    Prerequisites: Ghostlight
    Description: When concentrating to restrain your glow, you can completely quench it, nullifying your light. The downside is that you cannot deal energy damage in this state.

Will'o'Fire/Rot/Chill etc [Racial, Fighter]
    You can change the energy your body exudes, a useful skill.
    Prerequisites: Ghostlight, BAB +3
    Description: Pick an energy type from Fire, Cold, Acid or Sonic. You may switch your touch damage to this as a Swift action. This feat may be taken multiple times, each time adding a new damage type.
    Notes: A Ghostlight Fighter may select this as a bonus feat.

Surface Admixture [Racial, Fighter]:

You have mastered the ability to combine different energy types on your surface.
    Prerequisites: Ghostlight, Will'o'fire etc, BAB +11
    Description: As a Swift action, you can imbue your touch attack with an additional kind of energy. Your attack now deals full damage with its primary energy type and full damage with a secondary damage type of your choice.
    Notes: A Ghostlight Fighter may select this feat as a bonus feat.

High Charge [Racial]:
    Your touch deals more damage than normal.
    Description: Your touch attack deals 2d6 Electricity damage.

High Charge, Improved [Racial]:
    Your touch grows more powerful every day.
    Prerequisites: Ghostlight, High Charge
    Description: Each time you select this feat, your Touch attack damage increases by +2d6 damage. You may select this feat multiple times, it's effects stack.

You may want to consider limiting the touch attack to being a Standard action, but considering how powerful even blaster mages can get at high levels, i wouldn't bother. Also, a monk one of these would be munchy... there's a first!
    Last edited by Mulletmanalive; 2010-11-04 at 06:51 PM.

9. - Top - End - #939
    Titan in the Playground

H485:
    Ghostlight:
    Spoiler
    Show

• -6 Strength, -2 Constitution, +4 Dexterity. Ghostlights are horribly fragile but fast and agile.
    • Fey - Ghostlights are fey and are this immune to effects specific to humanoids [charm person and the like].
    • Size - Tiny. The Ghostlight is Tiny [the size of a large cabbage] and gain a +2 bonus on AC and Attack rolls, along with a +8 bonus to Hide checks [see below, however]. They suffer a -8 penalty on Grapple, Bullrush, Sunder, Disarm, Overrun, and Trip checks.
    • Ghostlights zip along above the ground at an altitude of about 5ft. This is treated as a normal land movement of 40ft, though they are not affected by difficult terrain or very difficult terrain unless this is at least 5ft tall.
    • At 10th level, a Ghostlight gains the ability to zip along as long as they remain within 20ft of a solid surface, allowing them to move over any obstacle by dint of simply zipping over it as if it were oddly positioned flat ground.
    • Electric Touch: The touch of a Ghostlight deals 1d6 damage.
    • Glow: All Ghostlights shed light as if they were carrying a torch. They can dim this to the levels of a candle by Concentrating [Standard action every round]. Undimmed, this inflicts a -10 penalty on stealth, while dimmed, it inflicts -5.
    • Low Light Vision: Ghostlights can see twice as far as humans in poor lighting conditions.
    • Bonus Feat - Ghostlights receive the Siren feat [see post 4 above for details], even if they do not meet the prerequisites.
    • No hands - Ghostlights have no hands. They cannot lift or touch anything and lacking much of a body, the only items they can possess are a pair of rings [most take the Vow of Poverty. They need not be exalted or even good to do so]. They cannot cast any spell that requires a Somatic component.

Racial Feats:
    Very Enticing [Racial]:
    You have mastered how to draw mortals to their doom.
    Prerequisites: Ghostlight, Bluff 6 ranks.
    Description: You may add half your HD to all Bluff checks made as part of the Siren ability. Additionally, if you possess the feat Skill Focus [Bluff], you gain an additional +3 bonus on Siren checks.

Dim Bulb [Racial]:
    Unlike most of your kind, you can dim your light completely, appearing rather like a floating mass of fluff.
    Description: When concentrating to restrain your glow, you can completely quench it, nullifying your light. The downside is that you cannot deal energy damage in this state.

Will'o'Fire/Rot/Chill etc [Racial, Fighter]
    You can change the energy your body exudes, a useful skill.
    Prerequisites: Ghostlight, BAB +3
    Description: Pick an energy type from Fire, Cold, Acid or Sonic. You may switch your touch damage to this as a Swift action. This feat may be taken multiple times, each time adding a new damage type.
    Notes: A Ghostlight Fighter may select this as a bonus feat.

Surface Admixture [Racial, Fighter]:

You have mastered the ability to combine different energy types on your surface.
    Prerequisites: Ghostlight, Will'o'fire etc, BAB +11
    Description: As a Swift action, you can imbue your touch attack with an additional kind of energy. Your attack now deals full damage with its primary energy type and full damage with a secondary damage type of your choice.
    Notes: A Ghostlight Fighter may select this feat as a bonus feat.

High Charge [Racial]:
    Your touch deals more damage than normal.
    Description: Your touch attack deals 2d6 Electricity damage.

High Charge, Improved [Racial]:
    Your touch grows more powerful every day.
    Prerequisites: Ghostlight, High Charge
    Description: Each time you select this feat, your Touch attack damage increases by +2d6 damage. You may select this feat multiple times, it's effects stack.

You may want to consider limiting the touch attack to being a Standard action, but considering how powerful even blaster mages can get at high levels, i wouldn't bother. Also, a monk one of these would be munchy... there's a first!
    C485:
    Does the 10th level ability to move anywhere within 20 ft. of a solid surface include walls and ceilings? Also, what is the LA?
    This seems great, I am glad I found this topic.
    Last edited by Qwertystop; 2010-11-04 at 06:53 PM. Reason: corrected H485 to C485

10. - Top - End - #940
    Ogre in the Playground

C485: [R=request, C = comment, H = homebrew solution]

Yes, the zipping along thing is meant to work on walls and ceilings. You could state it to be like a Climb speed, i suppose. Infact, i'll do that now.

I had a crack at making it LA +0, probably a little powerful. Test it and if it's too powerful, adjust the LA by charging the player an extra 1000 xp to reach the next level each time after it becomes apparent.

You're welcome. Let me know how it turns out.

11. - Top - End - #941
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

I would like to have some Japanese/Ming Chinese-ish monsters who are cool, maybe CR 1, a CR 2, and a CR 3. Possibly CR 4. I don't want my players to just face some stupid orcs and goblinoids. I would like a Devil or two, some kind of Mind Flayer, and an intellegent Undead. This is for low level players.

12. - Top - End - #942
    Troll in the Playground

R.487

I require a combat style for Archer Rangers that is less "RAIN OF ARROWS!" and more "Sniper!"

13. - Top - End - #943
    Bugbear in the Playground

C485:
    Can it jump?

Countdown to the zombie Apocalypse: braaaaaaains.

14. - Top - End - #944
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DythTheKobold View Post
    R.487

I require a combat style for Archer Rangers that is less "RAIN OF ARROWS!" and more "Sniper!"

H487

Option 1:
    Replace Rapid Shot with Far Shot (weak at low levels probably... might actually want to ALSO give Point Blank Shot, just to give them something to do, and extra to-hit and damage feel sniper-ish even if it only applies at the other end of the range spectrum). Replace Many-Shot with Precise Shot or maybe my Sniper's Patience feat (or some of the other feats mentioned or created in that thread). You could even make it a built in option of the ACF.
    Option 2:
    Drop Combat Style and spellcasting, give maneuver and stance progression in Falcon's Eye. Maybe 2 maneuvers known and readied and 1 stance at first level.... or even delay the stance until 4th.
    Last edited by DracoDei; 2010-11-07 at 10:55 AM.
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Currently Running: Equestria Begins (A High Tactics campaign)
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

15. - Top - End - #945
    Ettin in the Playground

R488

I'd like to request a feat (possibly racial since I'm aiming to put this specifically on Grimlock(s)) that increases the range of a creature's Blindsight.

16. - Top - End - #946
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by blackjack217 View Post
    C485:
    Can it jump?
    Anything with a land speed can jump and the 40ft speed of the critter leaves it with a net +1 Jump bonus [after the strength penalty]. Note that the "zipping" speed is described as "counting as" a conventional land movement speed.

17. - Top - End - #947
    Banned

RedWizardGuy

H488: Well the basic:

Improved Blindsense

You can detect creatures by blindsight at greater range then normal

Prerequisite: blindsight ability

Benenfit:The range of the creatures blindsense is increased +20 feet.

SpecialThis feat stacks and can be taken many times.

18. - Top - End - #948
    Orc in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Gligarman2 View Post
    I would like to have some Japanese/Ming Chinese-ish monsters who are cool, maybe CR 1, a CR 2, and a CR 3. Possibly CR 4. I don't want my players to just face some stupid orcs and goblinoids. I would like a Devil or two, some kind of Mind Flayer, and an intellegent Undead. This is for low level players.
    Oni [minor]
    Oni are devil-like demons with long nails, wild hair, a fierce look and two horns on their forehead like the devil images known in Western Christian cultures. They wear tiger skins and can fly. Oni hunt for the souls of those who did evil things in their lives. In a nutshell, a guy one would not like to encounter in the darkness!

HP: 22 (3d12)
    Speed: 40ft
    Size: Medium
    Sight: Dark Vision

Initiative: +6
    AC: 14 (10 + 2 natural + 2 dex)
    Attacks: Claw +4, 1d6 + 2
    Saves: F +5, R +5, W +6
    Abilities:
    S 14, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 14, Wis 16, Cha 12
    Skills:
    Spot +5, Hide +5*, Move Silently +8, Listen +8, Bluff +10

CR: 3

Flight (Sp): The Oni can fly with perfect maneuverability for 3 rounds every minute. Its flight speed is equal to double its land speed and he may choose to use this ability as long as he doesn't use it more than 3 times per minute.

Hide in plain sight (Su): The Oni can attempt to make a Hide Check whenever it is on a space with no illumination or a shadow.

Remorse (Su): As a standard action the Oni forces a victim to remember an evil act of its past (Will Save 18 to negate). The victim has to be 30ft of it and this can only be used during an encounter where the victim is hostile against it. If the Oni succeeds whenever the victim is looking at the Oni he is transfered back to the moment when he performed this evil act and views the Oni as the person/being that was harmed by him/her. This ability can be used once per day per creature.

Eater of the fallen (Su): Whenever a creature performs an act against its alignment the Oni can bestow a negative level on it and heal 1d12 hit points. He can use this ability once per day per creature. The target has to be within 100 ft. The Oni will attempt to flee satisfied once he has succeeded. It will always return at least once and attempt to harm the creature again. The creature has two choices. It either seeks remorse in which case he can make a Will Save DC 14 after every 12 hours to regain his level or he has no regrets in which case he automatically regains his level and the Oni loses any hit points gain by this effect. The Oni will still flee but disappointed and will not return.

Alter Self (Sp): The Oni can use Alter self as the spell with a CL of 3 once per day.

Invisibility (Sp): The Oni can use this ability once per day in which case it turns invisible for 1 minute.

Tactics
    The Oni will either use "Remorse" and challenge a creatures alignment or will use its "Alter Self" or "Invisibility" or simply Hide and wait for a creature to perform an Evil act. Its goal is to use its "Eater of the fallen" ability and feast upon a creatures soul.
    Oni's work alone as well as in a pact of 4-5 and will almost always lurk in dark places.

NOTES: This is simply a tricky monster that can be used out of battle as well. In which case you should upper the challenge rating. The "Remorse" ability offers some interesting role playing and forcing players to make an alignment decision. Redoing the bad act or feeling remorse about it. Maybe asking for forgiveness. The Oni can take advantage of this and maybe end the battle in a "Its OK, give me back the 1000gp and we can forget about it" way. The evil act is a bit tricky, since players may refuse saying "my characters has never done anything wrong". So the Oni should target Evil or Neutral characters first (except if there is a dark background). Assume the Oni as an Intelligent being with some supernatural knowledge about the characters. It is a Devil after all.

19. - Top - End - #949
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

R489

Not sure if this is too or not specific enough, or if this is even the right thread for this, exactly-

I'm trying to put together a campaign that's a heavily tweaked d20 Modern.
    Setting is sort of complicated to describe, without getting real specific- mechanical-punk with future elements on an alien world.

My request is for four basic monster stat blocks. There are four main monsters I need stats for, all humanoid robots (for all purposes, they are just metallic people). No magic, no strange powers, no extra moving parts. My players are going to start out at level 3.

Civil-Mark - CR1 - Large knife - Fodder
    Scout-Mark - CR2 - Machete + hatchet - Fast
    War-Mark - CR2 - Sabre + baton (Can combine into a short halberd) - Tough and Tactical
    Builder-Mark - CR3-4 - Improvised only (Rocks, trees) - Tough and Huge

Let me know if this request makes zero sense, I'd love to pick the brain of anyone experienced at homebrewing d20, so I can spend less time fretting about under or overtweaking rules, and more time trying to make the campaign immersive and thrillin'.

Thanks!

20. - Top - End - #950
    Titan in the Playground

R490
    I want to make a template that gives a creature multiple heads, each with a separate mind. I am not sure how to make a template, especially one that is scalable (in this case, I want the template to be able to change depending on how many heads). Preferably, the different heads could get different class levels (and mental stats), and if both need the same body part for an action, some kind of opposed check. As you may be able to tell from the fact that I have so far put 2 requests on this thread, I suck at statting, and homebrewing in general beyond the "concept" stage

21. - Top - End - #951
    Bugbear in the Playground

R490
    I want to make a template that gives a creature multiple heads, each with a separate mind. I am not sure how to make a template, especially one that is scalable (in this case, I want the template to be able to change depending on how many heads). Preferably, the different heads could get different class levels (and mental stats), and if both need the same body part for an action, some kind of opposed check. As you may be able to tell from the fact that I have so far put 2 requests on this thread, I suck at statting, and homebrewing in general beyond the "concept" stage
    (partial) A490: I believe there already exists a "multiheaded" template. I'm without access to my books right now, though, so I can't remember where it is from. You could check Crystalkeep for it.
    Custom Melayl avatar by my cousin, ~thejason10, used with his permission. See his work at his Deviant Art page.
    My works:
    Need help?
    Spoiler
    Show
    National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (USA)
    1-800-273-TALK (8255), 24/7
    www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org
    In Australia: Lifeline, 13 11 14, 24/7
    Reach Out Australia
    Beyond Blue, 1300 22 4636
    The Samaritans (UK too) UK: 08457 90 90 90, ROI: 1850 60 90 90

22. - Top - End - #952
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Heliomance View Post
    R476: Could I get some stats for the Mishibizhiw please? I'd like it to be Fey type, and give it whatever CR you think it deserves. Thanks!
    Reposting.
    Quotebox
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalirren View Post
    The only person in the past two pages who has known what (s)he has been talking about is Heliomance.
    Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    I just don't want to have long romantic conversations or any sort of drama with my computer, okay? It knows what kind of porn I watch. I don't want to mess that up by allowing it to judge any of my choices in romance.

Wish building characters for D&D 3.5 was simpler? Try HeroForge Anew! An Excel-based, highly automated character builder. v7.4 now out!

23. - Top - End - #953
    Ogre in the Playground

R490
    The Multi-headed teplate is found in Savage Species. It is not safe to reproduce it on these forums as it is not OGC, but it can be found in the Crystalkeep archives, as the previous poster stated.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliomance View Post
    Reposting.
    Could you please repost this as a reminder, along with anything that you have specific that you would like it to be able to DO, in my Fae-o-matic thread and i'll get to it as soon as i can. I'll create something that's capable of opposing the Thunderbird i've already made...

24. - Top - End - #954
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by VarianArdell View Post
    R. 478
    My request is thus: a feat tree (ideally 3-4, maybe 5) that gives the ability to cast up to 5th-level spells that the character has learned via Spellcraft.
    reposting request
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

Bindrune courtesy of Starfols. Request yours here!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobra_Ikari View Post
    Could you touch the sound you heard in the vision you saw from the flavor you tasted from a color?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaq View Post
    2 + 2 = fish
    50 gp = +2
    2 + (50 gp) = fish
    50 gp = fish – 2
    sickened = – 2
    50 gp = fish + sickened
    Sick fish are 50 gp

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE

25. - Top - End - #955
    Banned

BlueWizardGirl

R491 I need some spells from my water genasi Aquanancer (3.5E arcane Water Wizard). Unique water type spells to make people ohh and ahhhh. She is only 8th level so low-level spells would be the best, but higher level ones work too as she will need them(hopefully) someday.

I have the spell compendium and Stormwrack, but current 'water' spells are either A)Pure attack, B)Used only on a ship or C)Only useful Underwater.
    Last edited by Gamer Girl; 2010-11-12 at 06:43 PM.

26. - Top - End - #956
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

C. 491. Have you already looked at the various spells from Stormwrack?

[edited to correct the number]
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2010-11-16 at 07:03 AM.
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.
    my creations in homebrew signature thread

27. - Top - End - #957
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Debihuman View Post
    C. 478. Have you already looked at the various spells from Stormwrack?
    Which ones, because I'm not finding anything... of course, that's assuming you were even talking to me, instead of the poster after me, which is who I think you were referring...
    Last edited by VarianArdell; 2010-11-16 at 05:58 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

Bindrune courtesy of Starfols. Request yours here!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobra_Ikari View Post
    Could you touch the sound you heard in the vision you saw from the flavor you tasted from a color?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaq View Post
    2 + 2 = fish
    50 gp = +2
    2 + (50 gp) = fish
    50 gp = fish – 2
    sickened = – 2
    50 gp = fish + sickened
    Sick fish are 50 gp

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE

28. - Top - End - #958
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Gamer Girl View Post
    R491 I need some spells from my water genasi Aquanancer (3.5E arcane Water Wizard). Unique water type spells to make people ohh and ahhhh. She is only 8th level so low-level spells would be the best, but higher level ones work too as she will need them(hopefully) someday.

I have the spell compendium and Stormwrack, but current 'water' spells are either A)Pure attack, B)Used only on a ship or C)Only useful Underwater.
    C. 491. Okay, you have Stormwrack already. That's good. I'm not quite sure exactly what you want. I can look for new spells but I also recommend that you look for alternative source material. My favorite sourcebook is The Deep from Mystic Eye Games. Unfortunately, the spells are not open content so I cannot post them here. Worse, the book is out of print and may be difficult to locate.

Have you looked at the spells on the Wizard's of the Coasts archive in the series Far Corners of the World? Here's the link: http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/fw/20040131a.

Sunken Empires: Terrors and Treasures of the Deep by Open Design for the Pathfinder Game might also prove useful to you. You can get the PDF fairly cheap from online vendors. I bought mine from Paizo.com.

Debby
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2010-11-16 at 07:52 AM.
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.
    my creations in homebrew signature thread

29. - Top - End - #959
    Ettin in the Playground

R492

Could someone stat up the Nilbog for 3.5?

30. - Top - End - #960
    Banned

BlueWizardGirl

C. 491. Yes, have Stormwrack and the spell compendium and about 50 other books. They all have the same problem: all the water spells are to be used sailing on a ship and/or underwater. And on top of that they don't have many water spells. 2/3 of of Stormwrak spells are like 'fins to feet' or 'detect ship'.

For a character that is an adventurer, and spends most of her time in dungeons, those types of spells are not much help.

I'm not so good a spell write ups, but was thinking like:

*A 'fill the room with water spell', like you always see in movies?
    *Watery eyes? Like blindness?
    *A wave of erosion to eat away rocks?
    *How about a spell that fills an area like ankle deep in water and then can conduct electric attacks? I'm not sure how that would work