New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1478
  1. - Top - End - #1111
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Request a Homebrew

R562

Could someone homebrew up a feat that extends your negative hp buffer zone by something like HD+Con mod? It needs to have a Constitution requirement, Diehard as a Prerequisite feat, be take-able at level 6, not add to a specific amount (so it can stack with other effects that increase the negative hp buffer zone) and scale so it's worth something at all levels.

Edit: By specific amount, I mean like how some feats like this I've seen say "you die at -15 instead of -10" or "you die when your negative hp is greater than your Con score".
    Last edited by Tanuki Tales; 2011-02-25 at 02:15 AM.

2. - Top - End - #1112
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

C562
    Quote Originally Posted by Bendraesar View Post
    Could someone homebrew up a feat that extends your negative hp buffer zone by something like HD+Con mod? It needs to have a Constitution requirement, Diehard as a Prerequisite feat, be take-able at level 6, not add to a specific amount (so it can stack with other effects that increase the negative hp buffer zone) and scale so it's worth something at all levels.

Edit: By specific amount, I mean like how some feats like this I've seen say "you die at -15 instead of -10" or "you die when your negative hp is greater than your Con score".
    Frankly, Diehard's bonus becomes so negligible at higher levels that I'd offer that as another benefit from the feat.

3. - Top - End - #1113
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Land Outcast View Post
    C562

Frankly, Diehard's bonus becomes so negligible at higher levels that I'd offer that as another benefit from the feat.
    Maybe this homebrewed feat also allows them to act normal regardless of HP amount?

4. - Top - End - #1114
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

H562

Tough as a Dwarf [General]
    You're just plain hard to kill, and the WANTED posters they might put up for you don't say "DEAD OR ALIVE" but rather "DEAD".
    Prerequisites: HD 6+, Con 15+, Diehard
    Benefits: The negative hit point limit at which you normally would die is increased by a number equal to your HD plus your Con modifier (for a total of -18 for a character with 6 HD and Con 15). Furthermore, while in negative hit points, every round you can take either a move or standard action at no risk from losing hp. You can take full-round actions, but if you do so you lose 1 hp at the end of your round.
    Spoiler
    Show

If anyone thinks it is overpowered, just add Great Fortitude to the Prerequisites.
    Last edited by Land Outcast; 2011-02-25 at 07:16 PM.

5. - Top - End - #1115
    Ettin in the Playground

C562

That kind of runs counter to the two things I needed the feat to do:

1. Be able to be taken by a level 6 character.
    2. Add an abstract amount so that it stacks with other abilities that extend the negative HP buffer.

What about raising the Con requirement to 18 and changing it so it increase the allowable negative HP by HD+1/2 Con mod? (or 1/2HD+Con Mod)

Edit: Maybe add Toughness or Great Fortitude as a Prereq too so that it's not such a good feat that everyone would grab it?

Edit the second: Rereading, that feat is actually barely better than Diehard. All it changed was taking 1 damage for extraneous damage.
    Last edited by Tanuki Tales; 2011-02-25 at 02:14 PM.

6. - Top - End - #1116
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

CC562
    C562

Edit: Maybe add Toughness or Great Fortitude as a Prereq too so that it's not such a good feat that everyone would grab it?

Edit the second: Rereading, that feat is actually barely better than Diehard. All it changed was taking 1 damage for extraneous damage.
    You're right on all counts, I tried to adress what you just said.

Edit: sorry for the blatant disrtegard for your specifications, it is evident I fast-read your post.

Edit2: on the number, for a feat requiring four previous not-great-at-all feats, I belive +HD+Con is the bare minimum benefit to give... even here... perhaps allow full round actions at 1hp cost... yep, I'll add it.
    Last edited by Land Outcast; 2011-02-25 at 02:33 PM.

7. - Top - End - #1117
    Titan in the Playground

R563
    Can someone make a way to play as a coincidence?

So, pretty much, making stuff happen without being noticed. I know an item of Continuous Greater Invisibility would work pretty well, but that can be stopped by See Invisibility, or if you can't get somewhere fast enough.
    Last edited by Qwertystop; 2011-02-25 at 03:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

8. - Top - End - #1118
    Troll in the Playground

C563

please number your request.
    thank you!
    Despite everything, its still me.

9. - Top - End - #1119
    Ettin in the Playground

CC562

You're right on all counts, I tried to adress what you just said.

Edit: sorry for the blatant disrtegard for your specifications, it is evident I fast-read your post.

Edit2: on the number, for a feat requiring four previous not-great-at-all feats, I belive +HD+Con is the bare minimum benefit to give... even here... perhaps allow full round actions at 1hp cost... yep, I'll add it.
    CCC562

I like it. It fits the parameters well, isn't a total waste of a feat but also isn't overpowered.

Oh, one thing though, you misspelled Tough.

10. - Top - End - #1120
    Dwarf in the Playground

R564

So, I have this general concept for a character, but no race for it, and I am terrible at homebrew. The character is going to be the daughter of a nymph and a succubus (shapechanged into a male, of course). It needs to have a relatively low LA, as the campaign it's for hasn't gotten into very high levels yet. Therefore, the succubus instadrain or the nymph's blinding beauty might be a little too powerful at this stage. I would request high Charisma, but that should be a given. Also, she's going to be a good bit more on the fey side than the demonic.

Oh yeah, 3.5e. Thanks a ton in advance.
    Last edited by RedWarrior0; 2011-02-25 at 08:33 PM. Reason: Mistype: should be 564

11. - Top - End - #1121
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

CCC562
    CCC562

I like it. It fits the parameters well, isn't a total waste of a feat but also isn't overpowered.

Oh, one thing though, you misspelled Tough.
    Thanks for pointing the spelling mistake (not a native speaker, and sometimes I have these dumb moments).
    Thinking it over, it is terribly designed: demanding Con 18 is a bad prerequisite, almost no character will be able to take the feat at level 6, particularly those who would need the feat because of having low hp.
    Therefore I dropped the requirement back to 15+... and will remove Great Fortitude as Prereq. if I ever use it in my game (just compare with any other feat demanding two feats as prerequ. not t mention an ability score 15+).

12. - Top - End - #1122
    Ettin in the Playground

CCC562 Thanks for pointing the spelling mistake (not a native speaker, and sometimes I have these dumb moments).
    Thinking it over, it is terribly designed: demanding Con 18 is a bad prerequisite, almost no character will be able to take the feat at level 6, particularly those who would need the feat because of having low hp.
    Therefore I dropped the requirement back to 15+... and will remove Great Fortitude as Prereq. if I ever use it in my game (just compare with any other feat demanding two feats as prerequ. not t mention an ability score 15+).
    I guess Endurance is a strong enough a deterrent for everyone to want to take it. Thanks for your help.

13. - Top - End - #1123
    Barbarian in the Playground

R565

I want to banish the "+x" costs for weapon and armor enhancements, since I already banished the +X to attack and damage for other things.

I now want to give a flat price on the +x abilities, like +5000 instead of +1 price. Does anyone have a good idea where to begin pricing +1 to +5 special abilities?
    Last edited by DiBastet; 2011-02-25 at 07:35 PM.
    My Homebrew
    5e - The Artificer (of Alancia)
    AGE of Darkness, converting World of Darkness to AGE
    Dungeons & Dark Souls, bringing the Souls universe to your 5e

My DMs Guild products

14. - Top - End - #1124
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

C563 [actually 564]
    Quote Originally Posted by RedWarrior0 View Post
    R564

So, I have this general concept for a character, but no race for it, and I am terrible at homebrew. The character is going to be the daughter of a nymph and a succubus (shapechanged into a male, of course). It needs to have a relatively low LA, as the campaign it's for hasn't gotten into very high levels yet. Therefore, the succubus instadrain or the nymph's blinding beauty might be a little too powerful at this stage. I would request high Charisma, but that should be a given. Also, she's going to be a good bit more on the fey side than the demonic.

Oh yeah, 3.5e. Thanks a ton in advance.
    Ok, I'll just offer somehting simple here: a Half Nymph (Dragon #313, LA +2) Tiefling (MM3.5, LA +1).
    I belive it to result in a level adjustment +2 rather than +3, but then I might be wrong:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Half Nymph Tiefling characters possess the following racial traits.

Special Attacks: Awesome Beauty, Darkness

Awesome Beauty (Su): This ability affects all humanoids within 30 feet of a half-nymph. Those who look directly at the nymph must succeed at a Will saving throw (DC 10 + half the half-nymph's racial HD + Charisma modifier) or be dazed for 1d3 rounds. A creature that remains in range and continues to look at the half-nymph must continue to make saving throws against this ability. A successful saving throw while already dazed does not free the creature from the affect of the initial failed save. A failed saving throw while dazed resets the duration of the dazed condition to start from that round. A half-nymph can suppress or resume this ability as a free action. This is a mind-affecting, fear effect.

Darkness (Sp): A tiefling can use darkness once per day (caster level equal to class levels).

Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 feet, Fey Bloodline, Low-Light Vision, Resistance to cold 5, electricity 5, and fire 5.

Fey Bloodline (Ex): Half-nymphs are considered creatures of the fey type when enchantment magic is directed against them. For example, the charm person spell does not affect a half-nymph creature, but charm monster affects them normally. Half-nymphs can also activate magical items restricted to fey creatures.

Racial Skills: Tieflings have a +2 racial bonus on Bluff and Hide checks.

Automatic Languages: Common, Infernal. Bonus Languages: Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Gnome, Goblin, Halfling, Orc, Sylvan.

Abilities: +4 Dexterity, +2 Intelligence, +2 Wisdom, +4 Charisma.

Level Adjustment: Same as the base creature +2.

Notes:
    • Changed the "shaken" condition of awesome beauty to something more interesting, but lasting 1d3 rounds rather than 1 minute... if you consider this to de overpowered it could always be toned down.
    • Considering that this tiefling would have the fiendish ancestry come from a succubus, I took the freedom to simply remove the penalty to charisma (and the bonus to intelligence).
    Last edited by Land Outcast; 2011-02-25 at 11:18 PM.

15. - Top - End - #1125
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

C565

Well, so you want to make prices non-scalable? that is, to make three flaming lonswords cost the same as a flaming-frost-shock longsword?

That's complex because multiple enchantments in the same weapon obviously make for a more useful itme -for one character- than multiple weapons with lesser enhancements (after all, they can't be used at the same time).

That said, I'd go first for the table of weapon enhancement prices:
    Considering the fact that weapons won't need the "+1" to be enhanced as a bonus to cash expenditure but also a hit to combat efectiveness, I'd price enhancements that typically are "+1" value as midway between the +1 and the +2 price, that is: 5.000 gp
    Then I'd do the same for other enhancements:
    +1: 5.000gp (2k + (8k-2k)/2)
    +2: 13.000gp (8k + (18k-10k)/2)
    +3: 25.000gp (18k + (32k-18k)/2)
    +4: 41.000gp (32k + (50k-32k)/2)
    +5: 61.000gp (50k + (72k-50k)/2)

That's just a thought, though

16. - Top - End - #1126
    Dwarf in the Playground

CC564
    Thanks for noticing the title mistake. And wow, that was ridiculously simple.

Thanks.

17. - Top - End - #1127
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

R566

i am looking for the dark lord Morgoth( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morgoth) rolled up as a monster to finish off my middle earth campaign. i cant do this my self because everything i make is seriously overpowered.

edit:my campaign is 4e

18. - Top - End - #1128
    Halfling in the Playground

BardGuy

H. 554
    This sounds like a difficult one, but here are a few ideas (fully open to critique):

Free of Time
    As you operate outside of what most of creation refers to as casuality, you can occasionally find yourself already knowing the outcome of a given situation; you've already lived it.
    Prerequisite: Capable of casting 1st-level Psionic powers
    Benefit: You can decide to gain a +5 bonus to any one attack roll, skill check, or saving throw. This ability can be used a number of times per day equal to 1/4th your ECL (minimum 1).

Paradoxic Form
    Your very being has become strangely non-euclidian, and, even when your form is concealed, others feel an odd sense of revulsion around you.
    Prerequisite: Free of Time, capable of casting 5th-level psionic powers
    Benefit: Your origin becomes aberrant for the purpose of effects related to origin. You gain a +2 bonus to Intimidate checks and suffer a -2 penalty to Diplomacy checks. In addition, you gain a +2 bonus to your touch AC.

Aberrant Step
    You have severed your ties with the natural world, and operate within a set of physics all your own. With a single step, you can appear several yards away.
    Prerequisite: Paradoxic Form, capable of casting 9th-level psionic powers
    Benefit: You gain a teleport speed equal to your move speed minus 5 ft.

Reversed Defenses
    You are healed by that which harms others, and hurt by that that heals them.
    Prerequisite: Free of Time, capable of casting 5th-level psionic powers
    Benefit: When you are damaged by negative energy, you heal an amount of damage equal to the damage that would be taken. When you would be healed, you instead take damage equal to the number of hit points that would have been restored.

Life in Death
    Your very existence is a contradiction in terms. You were born out of nothing, and, thus, the ordinary cycle of life means nothing to you.
    Prerequisite: Reversed Defenses, capable of casting 9th-level psionic powers
    Benefit: Once per day, when you are reduced to zero or lower hit points, you can teleport a number of squares equal to your speed and reappear with 1 hit point.
    'Today is a glorious day for SCIENCE!'

19. - Top - End - #1129
    Barbarian in the Playground

C564

That's just a thought, though
    Well, it's bette than nothing. Looking at the prices in my worn-out MIC, I can see that +1 abilities come before a +8000 gp one. But then, +3 comes after a +30000gp one, so i'm screwed.
    My Homebrew
    5e - The Artificer (of Alancia)
    AGE of Darkness, converting World of Darkness to AGE
    Dungeons & Dark Souls, bringing the Souls universe to your 5e

My DMs Guild products

20. - Top - End - #1130
    Titan in the Playground

R567

Could someone please make a Warlock based ability for The_Demented_One's Epic Hero PrC?

I PM'd him about it but got no reply, and it's a really obvious missing element since it even covers Truenaming & Shadowcasting
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

21. - Top - End - #1131

BardGuy

H 567
    Here's an idea, but I don't know warlocks too well, so it may be not too good.

Epic Eldritch Blast (Su)
    The damage dice of your Eldritch Blast class feature change to d10s. In addition, you automatically gain one new invocation from the warlock's invocation list. This invocation can only be one that effects your Eldritch Blast class feature.

Probably underwhelming, but, as I said, I don't know the source material.

22. - Top - End - #1132
    Ettin in the Playground

R 568

So I'm making a homebrew class based off of this song: Metallica's Wherever I May Roam, as inspired by that one metallica monsters thread, except this is a base class. Now, I'm not asking for someone to make the whole friggin' class for me, but I'm in lack of a good idea for an ability.

I want this class to have an ability which changes the very title of the class as the character levels up. So, in short, you would go from "Rover", to "Wanderer", to "Nomad", to "Vagabond", to "Call me What you Will". This would start at lvl 4, and progress up to 20. So, I need some sort of effect which scales as you level, or a series of abilities you would gain as you level, and I would like it if the "Call me What you Will" is the capstone of the class.
    Last edited by TechnOkami; 2011-02-27 at 04:32 PM.
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

23. - Top - End - #1133
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

C568

Oh... and here I thought the song was about player characters...

Well, what is it you have in mind?
    For starters, I'm seeing a Ranger more oriented towards Rogue than towards Druid.

"Rover": Endurance, +2*

"Wanderer": Woodland Stride, Trackless step, +4*

"Nomad": Run, +6**

"Vagabond": Hide in Plain Sight, +8**

"Call me What you Will": Becomes a stanger to everywhere, gains the type Outsider (Native), +10**

*Gather Information, Knowledge (geography), Survival
    **add Knowledge (The Planes)

--------------------

Just ideas, sorry, wasn't inspired

24. - Top - End - #1134
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    C568

Oh... and here I thought the song was about player characters...

Well, what is it you have in mind?
    For starters, I'm seeing a Ranger more oriented towards Rogue than towards Druid.

"Rover": Endurance, +2*

"Wanderer": Woodland Stride, Trackless step, +4*

"Nomad": Run, +6**

"Vagabond": Hide in Plain Sight, +8**

"Call me What you Will": Becomes a stanger to everywhere, gains the type Outsider (Native), +10**

*Gather Information, Knowledge (geography), Survival
    **add Knowledge (The Planes)

--------------------

Just ideas, sorry, wasn't inspired

That's... ish. Not really. I was thinking more along the lines of a wandering barbarian-type of character if anything. So honestly... no, this doesn't really work. :/

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

25. - Top - End - #1135
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by TechnOkami View Post
    That's... ish. Not really. I was thinking more along the lines of a wandering barbarian-type of character if anything. So honestly... no, this doesn't really work. :/
    No problem, it happens.
    What are you looking for exactly? the name of the abilities didn't suggest me combat abilities at all... Just movement and skill based stuff.

I mean, for the barbarian I'd go for similar abilities... perhaps

"Rover": Endurance, Dodge, +2*

"Wanderer": Woodland Stride, Mobility, +4*

"Nomad": Run, Spring Attack, +6**

"Vagabond": Fast Movement +30, +8**

But that's just throwing ideas wildly.

26. - Top - End - #1136
    Ettin in the Playground

That's a little better... but honestly I don't even know what I really want, so I was looking for ideas about abilities which would scale with leveling up to the titles.

...are you allowed to request something else after you've just requested something? Because there's another thing for another homebrew which I could use help with.
    Last edited by TechnOkami; 2011-02-28 at 07:29 PM.

27. - Top - End - #1137

BardGuy

I believe a second request is indeed acceptable...

28. - Top - End - #1138
    Ettin in the Playground

R 569

...I am making a class which utilizes disease as its main ability, but after looking at the rules for disease, it would be VERY impractical. ...so what I'm asking for is a way to use diseases, make diseases, improve diseases, and make them more practical.

29. - Top - End - #1139

ClericGuy

R 570.

I'm looking for a monster to throw into a dungeon for a specific purpose that none of the monsters I've considered seem to fit with the right style. The dungeon is under the catacombs of a large town's cemetary and the PCs will be encountering a cult of Orcus in its depths. I already have tons of undead creatures, fiendish creatures and even a Quazit thrown about but want a memorable monster for the cult to be sacrificing its victims to.

It's the very start of the campaign so the PCs are only level 1 (four of them), so it cant be massively powerful. I was thinking that the monster could be hiding on the ceiling of the sacrificial chamber and eats the sacrifices after pulling them up to it with some sort of tentacle or long appendage. I would like for it to fit the evil theme of the dungeon and if it can have demonic traits that'd be a bonus!

30. - Top - End - #1140
    Ogre in the Playground

R.571

I need a playable race of people that can morph between humanoid (jaguar-hybrid) and animal (full jaguar form) with LA +0 to +2 and no RHD (or LA +1 and 1 RHD). They are very liberal and democratic and can be either Neutral or good and shapeshift at will. Also, I'd like them to have animalistic traits whilst in human form but no human traits in animal form. The creatures live in a jungle.
    Last edited by Lord Loss; 2011-03-01 at 12:00 PM.
    Bienvenue Au Kébec !!!
    Improve Kébec's Industry!
    Improve Kébec's Transport!
    Improve Kébec's Security!

My Trophies!

Spoiler
    Show

Also, if anyone has any sort of problem at all that they feel like talking about, my PM box is open.