New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 41 of 50 FirstFirst ... 163132333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1478
  1. - Top - End - #1201
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Request a Homebrew

Quote Originally Posted by raisethearmy View Post
    R 593

I need stats for vedalken and loxodon from magic the gathering in 4e.
    C593
    The Loxo from Monster Manual II, perhaps?
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Let's Read the Monster Manual II!

Dwarf Cleric avatar by azuyomi244. Thanks!

Saurial Soulknife avatar by Serpentine. Thanks!

Warforged Fighter Avatar by C-Lam. Thanks!

2. - Top - End - #1202
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LOTRfan View Post
    C593
    The Loxo from Monster Manual II, perhaps?
    Is that from 4e? Also I meant for a player race, I probably should have clarified that.
    Sing praise to the Machine God.

Amazing avatar by C-Lam

3. - Top - End - #1203
    Ogre in the Playground

R 594
    I've been trying to make a druid character, who would love nothing more than to see nature destroyed and civilization to take it's place. Thing is, while there are some city-themed ACFs out there (City sense, City companion), I want a series of ACFs designed to replace each of the druid's remaining features, with anti-nature themes. I especially want one that replaces the druid's spell casting (Not an alternate spell list, either a completely different magic system or a totally different feature).
    I do not want the druid to be evil. No, a dislike for nature is not evil. Good druids still assault cities pretty often, no? So a druid that defends, and expands, cities and other examples of civilization, would be just as good, right?
    Three or four ACFs are all I need for this. Thanks!
    Demilich avatar by Smuchmuch. Thank you VERY much!

Old Extended Signature, last updated in 2012
    Awright, Supagoof, that's just awesome. Thanks!
    Spoiler
    Show

Infernal avatar by Savana. Thanks!

Nude version by SmuchMuch.

4. - Top - End - #1204
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by raisethearmy View Post
    Is that from 4e? Also I meant for a player race, I probably should have clarified that.
    Oh, if its for 4e, never mind. The Loxos are in 3.X MM II, Savage Species, and Shining South.

It probably is no good as a player race either, as it has 5 HD and LA +2. Sorry for the waste of time.
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Let's Read the Monster Manual II!

Dwarf Cleric avatar by azuyomi244. Thanks!

Saurial Soulknife avatar by Serpentine. Thanks!

Warforged Fighter Avatar by C-Lam. Thanks!

5. - Top - End - #1205

Not a problem, thanks for making me realize I hadn't specified player race.

Amazing avatar by C-Lam

6. - Top - End - #1206
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by flabort View Post
    R 594
    I've been trying to make a druid character, who would love nothing more than to see nature destroyed and civilization to take it's place. Thing is, while there are some city-themed ACFs out there (City sense, City companion), I want a series of ACFs designed to replace each of the druid's remaining features, with anti-nature themes. I especially want one that replaces the druid's spell casting (Not an alternate spell list, either a completely different magic system or a totally different feature).
    I do not want the druid to be evil. No, a dislike for nature is not evil. Good druids still assault cities pretty often, no? So a druid that defends, and expands, cities and other examples of civilization, would be just as good, right?
    Three or four ACFs are all I need for this. Thanks!
    Well...I don't see why inventing a new spell list (with Urban based spells) would be so bad. Its easier than creating a new spell system....maybe replace the spell casting and make him a were-rat. Or give him spell like abilities like stone shape to make alleys turn into dead end alleys or vise versa...

Other than the spell system, an Urban Druid would be pretty easy...just use the standard druid, he would have typical city animals for animal companions (rats, flying rats..er pidgins, alley cats, stray dogs) Skills would change to Survival (Urban), Navigate (urban), basically just replace (urban) with any other skill subtype. Add wall running as a skill
    "Sleeping late might not be a virtue, but it sure aint no vice. The old saw about the early bird and the worm just goes to show that the worm should have stayed in bed."

- L. Long

I think, therefore I get really, really annoyed at people who won't.

"A plucky band of renegade short-order cooks fighting the Empire with the power of cheap, delicious food and a side order of whup-ass."

7. - Top - End - #1207
    Ogre in the Playground

H 593 I'll try and accomodate both forms of Veldalken for you:

Veldalken:
    The Veldalken are a race of heavily arcane inclined creatures; their original form is that of a flat faced, semi-amphibious humanoid with blue membranous skin. They are also found on the plane of Mirrodin, though their morphology was heavily distored to inclued additional arms.

Racial Traits:
    Average Heignt: 5'6" to 6'2"
    Average Weight: 150 to 220 lb

Ability Scores: +2 Int; either +2 Wis [Two armed] or +2 Dex [Four armed]
    Size: Medium
    Speed: 6 Squares
    Vision: Normal

Languages: Common, Veldalken
    Skill Bonuses: Arcane +2, Spellcraft +2
    Defences: Will +1 [Two armed only]
    Multiple Arms: [Four armed] Once per turn, the Veldalken may retrieve or sheath an item as a free action rather than a minor action. No attacks or opportunity.
    Cantrips: Both forms of Veldalken are highly steeped in the arcane arts and may select any two of the cantrips from the Wizard list as bonus At Will powers.
    Arcane Talent [Two Armed]: A two armed Veldalken my select one Arcane At Will power from the list of another class. They gain this as an additional At Will power, in addition to any they have chosen from their own lists.
    Multitasking [Four armed]: A four armed Veldalken is much more able to multitask and gains the Multitasking Racial Encounter Power:

Multitasking:
    Your skill with your two additional hands allows you to get through more worthwhile actions in a round than others.
    Encounter [the Veldalken may use this ability once per encounter per tier he has attained]
    Minor Action Personal
    Effect: The Veldalken uses one of its At Will abilities gained from its class or feats.
    C 594

Do you have access to the Dragonmech game? There is a prestige class that basically takes a druid into the bowels of a machine-city and gives him wierd technology based redos of various things.

Could you be more precise as to what you want replacing and what not?

Off hand, i'd be inclined to swap out Wildshape with a spread of the city manipulation abilities from the Urban Savant class from Races of Destiny, meddle with the spells so they capped out at about 7th and switch a bunch of stuff for Bardic things and maybe giving them some guild related powers as they are the avatar of social forces in the city...

I can do this, but i'd want you to be more precise as to what I can and can't change and whether you mind me meddling with the power levels a bit [might come out as a flexible tier 3 by the time i'm finished]. Oh, and where the other ACFs come from. I'll need that too.
    Last edited by Mulletmanalive; 2011-04-11 at 03:30 AM.
    Mine is not so much a Peter Pan Complex as a Peter Pan Doom Fortress and Underground LairTM!
    Fae-o-matic Want a fae from folklore stated? Give me the lore and I'll do it for you!
    Le Cirque Funeste Evil Fairy Circus! Ray Bradbury, refined down to snortable powder!

8. - Top - End - #1208

Thanks, this will work perfectly.

Amazing avatar by C-Lam

9. - Top - End - #1209
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

C 594

Dragon Magazine #317 has an Urban Druid that might be right up your alley. However, there aren't any destructive ACFs that work well with Druids. Destroying "nature" would be evil -- most druids don't lay waste to cities or towns either unless you are playing in a town full of evil occupants or are playing in an evil campaign. Of course, you could become a Blighter (Complete Divine pgs. 23-26 ) as that seems to be your goal.

If you substitute Deforestation from the Blighter for Venom Immunity that might work.

Debby
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.
    my creations in homebrew signature thread

10. - Top - End - #1210
    Pixie in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Hello all, I've got a player who's playing a fighter, and looking for some sort of dirty fighting feat. Ideally the feat would be adaptable to the environment, so for example, if he were fighting on sand he could throw some in his opponents eyes. Or if there's nothing like sand around he could make a low blow with a fort save. Any thoughts?

11. - Top - End - #1211
    Dwarf in the Playground

Daemon

R 595

Would anyone have the courage and try to homebrew for me some Initiate feats (Complete Champion) for these domains: Wrath, Pride, Gluttony (all from Spell Compendium), Goblins (homebrew domain by Bhu, here on the boards), Orc, Drow, Dwarf, Hate, Tyranny (SC), Spite (Heroes of Horror), Community, Darkness, Force (Spell Compendium), Demonic, Diabolic (Book of Vile Darkness)

Thanks in advance !!

12. - Top - End - #1212
    Orc in the Playground

R 596

Without any type of urgency I would like to see a base class made.
    While not explicitly being an extension to the Paragnostic Apostle PrC (Complete Champion), it draws a lot from that (as well as the Paragnostic Initiate PrC, also Complete Champion), with knowledge is power and everything. While also being influenced by the theme of the Divine Oracle PrC (Complete Divine), being aware of everything around them/going to happen. I'd like it to have Spellcasting of the type like the Beguiler/Dread Necro; spontaneous caster with spell list = spells known and a very limited spell list, with only a few schools of spells.

The class could be focused around knowledge in all its forms; past (mostly Knowledge [History] I would guess), present (More Knowledge skills and Sense Motive), and future (Divination Spells). Basically, the knowledge the class gets develops into a sixth sense of sorts, it's second nature to know all things for these guys. If I would have to guess as to a power level, I'd think around the power of previously referenced Beguiler and Dread Necromancer.

In short: What the Beguiler is for Illusion, the Dread Necromancer for Necromancy (and the Warmage for Evocation), this class is for Divination.

Any takers?

If anybody has any further questions about the idea before taking up this project, feel free to PM me about it. I more than willing to give more information before you make it, the better I'll know I'm satisfied when you're done
    "Don't give the Dungeon Master any ideas"
    "Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup"
    Sublime avatar by Edwin.

13. - Top - End - #1213
    Dwarf in the Playground

Post Re: Request a Homebrew

R597
    Can anybody make me some d20 Modern- style talents for a Psychic warrior, themed around kendo/laijutsu, specifically using one´s focus and mental awareness to strike better and harder? Also feel free to go the crazy wuxia route with that, like let it use PP or tie it in with powers. Whatever you feel like, really. Thanks a lot.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started mine in the Players´ house in a large elven city.
    Boring, duh.
    GENERATION 17: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social experiment

My Paladin´s to-be motto:
    Peace and love through superior firepower and divine righteousness.
    If you approve, copy and paste this into your signature.

14. - Top - End - #1214
    Ogre in the Playground

C 596

Base classes are beyond the scope that requests should take in this thread. Arguskos made one at one point, look in his homebrew sig and there should be something modifiable there.
    Mine is not so much a Peter Pan Complex as a Peter Pan Doom Fortress and Underground LairTM!
    Fae-o-matic Want a fae from folklore stated? Give me the lore and I'll do it for you!
    Le Cirque Funeste Evil Fairy Circus! Ray Bradbury, refined down to snortable powder!

15. - Top - End - #1215
    Ettin in the Playground

R 598

I'm looking for a low LA ooze template. Some things I would like are that the base creature retains its mental stats, and can take a form similar its base form, though I'm not sure what affect that would have.
    "For it is in passing that we achieve immortality" - Pyrrha Nikos

Quote Originally Posted by Stu42 View Post
    I used to like called shots. Then I took an arrow to the knee.
    Arvak Avatar by Dirtytabs

16. - Top - End - #1216
    Dwarf in the Playground

R 599

A Ranger option to replace their spellcasting that's Playground-level balanced.
    Last edited by DrWeird; 2011-04-23 at 05:54 PM.
    Et tu, Brute?

My home-brewed bootleg Homebrew

I tried to be reasonable and nice; but everybody wouldn't quit trying to turn every spellcaster into a Tier 1.

17. - Top - End - #1217
    Barbarian in the Playground

R 561
    I would like to see several monster classes (In the style of the community monster classes here) for the Wraith monster and the Shadow template from the Manual of the planes. I would like the Wraith monster class to be five levels long, and the shadow to be one level long. They should also be "prestige monster classes", which are like templates.

I would appreciate this greatly.
    Avatar by me. Semd a PM if you want one for yourself.
    My Extended Signature (Includes fancy pictures by me)

So, I have a "quote", bold, and italics addiction (parenthesis too), forgive me if I use them too much in posts, or too often in threads.

For games that I play and/or DM, I offer to draw out grids for combat. If you are a DM for a game I play in, just ask via PM and I will do so.

Yes, I intentionnaly grammar and spelling bad just to argravate you.

18. - Top - End - #1218

ClericGuy

R 599(?)

In my "War of Scars" campaign I plan on throwing the PC's against minions of the Yuan-ti within the first two levels... but with Purebloods being CR 3 right off the bat I think a homebrew request is in order. Would anyone be interested in brewing up a race that is roughly sepentine but has the same basic power as the base races. I was thinking that they were a humanoid race that after millennia of enslavement to the Yuan-ti have been altered in a way that they have started picking up serpentine traits but not quite to the extent of being simply lesser Yuan-ti. Thanks for any help!

19. - Top - End - #1219
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Can someone stat up this creature for me?

Spoiler
    Show

I'm thinking it's probably a Huge, brutish aberration maybe with improved grab for those strange arms coming out of it's mouth and, perhaps, swallow whole? Frightful presence, perhaps, or something similar because of how weird and disturbing looking it is? And what about that anglerfish style lure? Feel free to have some fun with it.
    Ut Abyssus per orbis terrarum.

20. - Top - End - #1220
    Banned

BlueWizardGirl

H.599(?)

Quote Originally Posted by RollynT.Glal View Post
    R 599(?) I was thinking that they were a humanoid race that after millennia of enslavement to the Yuan-ti have been altered in a way that they have started picking up serpentine traits but not quite to the extent of being simply lesser Yuan-ti. Thanks for any help!
    There is already such a race: The Ophidian(found in FF pg.133)

Or do a simple:

Serpentkin:
    Medium Humanoid (Human, Reptilian)
    +2 DEX
    -2 WIS (Slow thinking)
    -2 CHR (Weird looking, not social, loners)
    +1 Natural Armor (tiny scales, often have patterns)
    +10 Movement speed
    Darkvision 60'
    Cold Vulnerability -4 Penalty on Saves vs Cold
    Poison Immunity Serpentkin are immune to their own venom and gain a +4 bonus to saves vs poison (all poisons)

A serpentkin is coated in tiny snake scales and are the descendants of magic experiments and/or Naga/Yuan-Ti. They are quick to act and anger striking out and foes.

Prefered class: Rogue

21. - Top - End - #1221
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Maquise View Post
    R 598

I'm looking for a low LA ooze template. Some things I would like are that the base creature retains its mental stats, and can take a form similar its base form, though I'm not sure what affect that would have.
    H 598?
    Slimeform, LA +1
    Slimeforms are immune to critical hits, poison, sleep effects, paralysis, polymorph, and stunning. They do not sleep and may eat most any organic material by swallowing it whole, using their mouth, and slowly digesting it. They do not need to make survival checks to get food in places where any organic material is available. Slimeforms need much more water than the base creature. Each hour without water deals 1 damage that cannot be healed without providing water at the time of healing. A water canteen, any non-dried organic material (e.g. any plants), create water, etc. are all possible water sources. A slimeform may cut himself to release acid that deals 1 acid damage per touch at the expense of an equal amount of his own HP being "bled" out. In spite of this slimeform gain no special resistance or immunity to most acids, except those from other slimeform.

Fluff: The original creature is magically/alchemically altered to become slimy and amorphous. He loses internal features including bones and organs while his teeth soften and remain in appearance only. He retains his original rough shape and skin color - he cannot reshape - but gains smooth wet sheen, loses all surface details such as palm lines, knuckle crinkles and fingerprints, loses all hair. Some retain a tangled wet mess of head hair while many others choose to wear wigs.
    Last edited by ericgrau; 2011-04-22 at 11:30 PM.
    So you never have to interrupt a game to look up a rule again:
    My 3.5e Rules Cheat Sheets: Normal, With Consolidated Skill System
    TOGC's 3.5e Spell/etc Cards: rpgnow / drivethru rpg
    Utilities: Magic Item Shop Generator (Req. MS Excel), Balanced Low Magic Item System
    Printable Cardstock Dungeon Tiles and other terrain stuff (100 MB)

22. - Top - End - #1222

R 600(?)

I am requesting an elder evil for my upcoming campaign All I need is the stats of the thing, I can make the lair, background, goals etc myself. I am thinking CR 18-22

Associated with rot and decay as well as the savagery of death this being should use the Horrid Blight sign (page 10 Elder Evils). The malefic property that best suits it in the book is Discord and Woe (page 15) but if you can make a better one feel free.

I am envisioning it being a big melee beast that has an array of rot related spell like abilities or attack options. But it must have a way to fly (or some other way to combat a wizard casting fly and just proceeding to slaughter it at leisure). the image I found that best suited what i was looking for was http://www.mtgvault.com/images/cards...ling_Shell.jpg
    Good magic resistances are a must, my players like to over abuse wizards.

Also a beastie like this deserves a custom disease that the pcs actually have a chance of being hurt by (I find the ones in the dmg very weak). What I was thinking was slowly being turned into a hybrid of undead flesh and rotting plant matter with rules like those of mummy rot but with a slightly higher CL check between 24-28.
    Last edited by Parasyn; 2011-04-22 at 11:13 AM.
    "Only after disaster can we be resurrected."
    -Tyler Durden

"Success is sweet, but revenge is So Delicious"
    -Borgore

23. - Top - End - #1223
    Orc in the Playground

R 601?
    Can someone stat up the diclonius from Elfin Lied? And make a Race of diclonius?
    MooseyMooseITP

Current Avi: By Dirtytabs.
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #1224
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Moose Man View Post
    R 601?
    Can someone stat up the diclonius from Elfin Lied? And make a Race of diclonius?
    H601
    Race is here and I hope somebody who, y´know has experience with making player chacters can make you one

R602
    Can I have some psionic aberrations, with a" sufficiently advanced extraterrestrial, great uplifter of of primitive mortals and a self-styled divine overlord" flair? Mid level CRs (6-12) if possible. Annunaki or David Icke influence would be a great plus but other than this just make up whaterver you feel like. Thanks
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started mine in the Players´ house in a large elven city.
    Boring, duh.
    GENERATION 17: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social experiment

My Paladin´s to-be motto:
    Peace and love through superior firepower and divine righteousness.
    If you approve, copy and paste this into your signature.

25. - Top - End - #1225
    Dwarf in the Playground

R603 i would love a celestial version of an infernal
    Last edited by Noxsis; 2011-04-23 at 11:19 AM.
    only darkness is truly eternal

credit for avatar goes to vrythas

26. - Top - End - #1226
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

R 604: I've been trying to brew up a 3.5 base class Bladesinger that can actually do justice to the 2nd Ed Kit. Anyone wanna take a stab at it?
    Last edited by KellKheraptis; 2011-04-24 at 10:41 AM.
    "I live apart from you
    But I know the things you do
    No angel can save you, how?
    You don't need a god, 'cause I'm here now."

27. - Top - End - #1227
    Orc in the Playground

R605: Psionic Lich template, with more awesome, and no paralyz touch, maybe Psionic dominate, or something like that. Allow for it to apply to outsiders also.
    Last edited by Moose Man; 2011-04-24 at 01:29 AM.
    MooseyMooseITP

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #1228
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KellKheraptis View Post
    R 604: I've been trying to brew up a 3.5 base class Bladesinger that can actually do justice to the 2nd Ed Kit. Anyone wanna take a stab at it?
    c 604: aparently base classes are out of the scope of this project. ACFs aren't, PrCs barely aren't, even epic progressions aren't. But Base classes are.
    Demilich avatar by Smuchmuch. Thank you VERY much!

Old Extended Signature, last updated in 2012
    Awright, Supagoof, that's just awesome. Thanks!
    Spoiler
    Show

Infernal avatar by Savana. Thanks!

Nude version by SmuchMuch.

29. - Top - End - #1229
    Troll in the Playground

A. 599
    Ophidians also appear in the FR supplement Serpent Kingdoms - for a non-LA Scaled One, try the Extaminaar - they're yuan-ti influenced humans, sharing some of the racial SLAs and abilities (Champions of Ruin, another FR supplement)

A. 605
    Perhaps a (slight) modification on the Spectral Savant template (CPsi)?

30. - Top - End - #1230
    Orc in the Playground

Whoops, found the template. it's in hyperconcious.
    MooseyMooseITP

Spoiler
    Show