MindFlayer

Default Re: Request a Homebrew

R 668. An ooze based prc preferably full caster

2. - Top - End - #1412
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Master Thrower View Post
    With all due respect, I had R 668 a few pages back. I'll gladly bump myself to R669 though.

R669
    Spell-Wedgie
    Need-Level? Effects?
    Full spell line-Wedgie, Super Wedgie, Atomic Wedgie.
    ~~Courage is not the lack of fear~~
    Quote Originally Posted by gooddragon1 View Post
    If the party wizard can't survive a supersonic dragon made of iron at epic levels it's his own fault really.
    "In soviet dungeon, aboleth farms you!"
    "Please consult your DM before administering Steve brand Aboleth Mucus.
    Ask your DM if Aboleth Mucus is right for you.
    Side effects include coughing, sneezing, and other flu like symptoms, cancer, breathing water like a fish, loss of dignity, loss of balance, loss of bowel and bladder control."

3. - Top - End - #1413
    Dwarf in the Playground

Post Re: Request a Homebrew

Quote Originally Posted by Master Thrower View Post
    H668
    Maybe you´ll like this PRC I made a long time ago for this thread , but it is only tangentially related to oozes, it is more like a general transmuter PRC (I seem to remember that sombody originally requested it as a counterpart to an Abjurant champion), so what about this class instead?
    Anyway, let me post it stil., maybe it will inspire you or somebody else on things ooze related , and that is good enough, no?

So, here goes: The Metamorphic mage
    Spoiler
    Show

Metamorphic mage
    Altering, molding tweaking and twisting, that are the true feats of magic,. We mages can do all that, but we can do much more, we can even transform and shape ourselves to be better, faster and stronger, or even completely malleable and fluid, to avoid even the most terrible blows.
    -Haran Agrippa, metamorphic mage.

Metamorphic mage
    Hraran Agrippa was known to be a recluse, as shortly after finishing his under a master , he dvelved into ancient arcane tomes and forgotten archives to learn more about what he considered the ultimate form of wizardry. After finding out that book and colleagues can´t teach him anything new anymore, he decided to set out on an adventure, hoping to discover more sources of magical lore on his travels.
    Haran found himself a companion by the name of Rogar who was an exceptional swordfighter. Although friendly and intelligent, he was quite disdainful of magic and loved to prove it by continually beating Haran in their practice duels. Hoping to prove he can match him and further his research at the same time, the mage tried to invent new tactics and spells that would allow him to challenge a warrior in close combat. Haran succeeded only partially but after narrowly escaping a titanic black pudding they encountered during spelunking he was inspired to emulate the abilities on ooze which was the secret that allowed him to prove his companion wrong. After many advetures and saving a village from a zombie outbreak they settled down and Haran started teaching his discoveries to other mages.
    Entry Requirements:
    To qualify to become a metamorphic mage, a character must fulfill all the following criteria:
    Skills: Knowlege (Arcana) 8 ranks Knowledge (nature) 4 ranks
    Feats: Spell Focus (transmutation)
    Spells: Must be able to cast multiple 3rd level arcane spells.

Class skils:
    The metamorphic mage´ s class skills (and the key abilities for each skill) are Bluff(Cha), Craft (Int), Decipher Script (Int), Dipolmacy (Cha), Handle Animal (Cha), Listen (Wis) Knowledge (arcana, architecture and engineering, dungeoneering, nature, local) (Int) Listen (Wis), Sense motive (Wis) Spot (Wis)
    Skill Points at Each Level: 6+int mod

Metamorphic mage[
    {table=head]Level|Base Attack<br>Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special|Spells

1st|
    +0
    |
    +0
    |
    +0
    |
    +2
    |Mage´s blade |+1 level of existing spellcasting class

2nd|
    +1
    |
    +1
    |
    +1
    |
    +3
    |Transmutation aptitude, Armored mage |+1 level of existing spellcasting class

3rd|
    +2
    |
    +1
    |
    +1
    |
    +3
    | Fortifying magic, Greater mage´s blade|+1 level of existing spellcasting class

4th|
    +2
    |
    +1
    |
    +2
    |
    +4
    |Transmutation mastery|+1 level of existing spellcasting class

5th|
    +3
    |
    +2
    |
    +2
    |
    +4
    |Oozeform|[/table]

Class features
    All the following are class features of the Metamorphic mage

Weapon and armor proficiency
    The metamorphic mage does not gain proficiency in any new weapon type, but he learns to use light armor and light shields.

Spells per day/ spells known
    When a new metamorphic mage level except the 5th is gained, the character gains new spells per day (and spells known, if applicable) as if he had also gained a level in whatever arcane spellcasting class in which he could cast 3rd-level spells before he added the prestige class level. He does not, however, gain any other benefit a character of that class would have gained. If a character had more than one arcane spellcasting class in which he could cast 3rd-level spells before he became an metamorphic mage, he must decide to which class he adds each level of Mmetamorphic mage for the purpose of determining spells per day.

Mage´s blade(Sp)
    Att 1st level the mage learns how to enhance weapons far more efficiently than other mages can He can use Magic weapon as a spell -like ability a number of times per day equal to his metamorphic mage level. Caster level for this ability equals (metamorphic mage level plus ½ highest arcane spellcaster level)

Transmutation Aptitude ( Ex)
    At second level the spellcaster´s studies of alteration magic bear fruit. He can add one extra 1st level Transmutation spell to his spells known

Armored mage(Ex)
    Learning how to improve one´s body and how to become both an effective mage and a capable warrior also requires finding out how to prevent encumbrance from interfering with magic At 2rd level the mage reduces spell failure chance from armor and shields he is proficient with by 5% and an additional 5% with each successive level to maximum of 20% at 5th level.

Fortifying magic (Sp)
    At third level the mage´s understanding, of the power of magic that augments his prowess increases so he can cast any one of the following spells that he knows: Bear´s endurance, Bull´s strength ,. Cat´s grace , Eagle´s splendor, Fox´s cunning and Owl´s wisdom as a spell-like ability a number of times per day equal to his metamorphic mage level. Caster level for this ability equals (metamorphic mage level plus ½ highest arcane spellcaster level)
    At fourth level he can choose to use another known spell from this list as a spell-like ability, with the same limitations.

Greater mage´s blade( Sp)
    At third level the magican ´s ability to enhance weapons rises to new heights. He can use Greater magic weapon as a spell-like ability once per day and and gains an extra daily use with each following metamorphic mage level. Caster level for this ability equals (metamorphic mage level plus ½ highest arcane spellcaster level)

Transformation mastery (Ex)
    At 4h level the mage uncovers a wellspring of new knowledge, He gains number of spells known equal to his casting ability modifier (eg. Intelligence for Wizards). these spell can be of any level he can cast, but he can gain only one spell of the highest level he can cast. When he gains this abilit,y he can choose to permanently exchange a number of spells for other spells that have the same total spell level, much like a sorcerer can. For example he can exchange two 1st level spells for a 2nd level one, or vice versa. He cannot get a spell of a higher level than he can cast.

Oozeform (Su)
    At 5th level a metamorphic mage achieves the pinnacle of his art, and learns to assume a truly mutable and malleable form, that of an of an ooze. This functions as the alternate form ability except that the mage can change into any ooze up to one size lager than his original unchanged size. The transformation lasts up to ten minutes per metamorphic mage level per day allows the user to use the natural attacks and special qualities of his new form(except immunity to mind affecting effects), and does not allow the user to recover hit points. His ooze form is immune to poison as normal, but any toxins thatt target him in his ooze from function as normal once the mage ]returns to his original form but he gets a +4 circumstance bonus to his Fortitude save. The mage must be familiar with the ooze he wants to transform into.

Persistent oozeform
    Prerequisites: Oozeform class ability
    Benefits: The character can use his Oozeform ability for additional ten minutes per day.
    Special: This feat can be taken multiple times. It´s effects stack.

PEACH please?

H670
    Can anyone help me with fleshing out the mechanics of a psionic power idea I have? I thinking of something like an AMF (antipsionic field but whatever) that gradually erodes away the magic, instead of shutting it off outright.
    Let me explain what I´m thinking off with an example:
    There is is a power that is within that AMF´s area and that power gradually decreases its effective level (or caster level or augument PP or something) due to that negation field and loses effectiveness until its level reaches 0 and it dissipates.
    I would also like for that negation effect to get stronger the closer to its source you get, but I´m not sure how it is possible to mechanically represent in an elegant enough way.

Any help would be apprecitated. Thanks!
    Last edited by ScIaDrd; 2011-09-15 at 02:25 PM.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started mine in the Players´ house in a large elven city.
    Boring, duh.
    GENERATION 17: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social experiment

My Paladin´s to-be motto:
    Peace and love through superior firepower and divine righteousness.
    If you approve, copy and paste this into your signature.

4. - Top - End - #1414
    Titan in the Playground

C 670
    I was about to make this until I realized I didn't have time to balance it. But here's something to get it started: The power drains power points (or spell levels) from a power or spell each round. For example it could be 4 power points out to X radius, 2 power point out to 2 * X radius and 1 power point out to 4 * X radius. 1 power point <=> 1/2 spell level. Augments (if any) get drained away first at random. Treat a partially drained augment the same as a fully drained one, except that the drain will not move on to a second augment until the first is fully drained. Ditto for metamagic/meta-psionics. Once all augments and metamagic are gone, you drain the spell or power itself. Damage is reduced in proportion to spell levels or power points lost, while other effects are only partially likely to occur in proportion to the amount drained. For example a 5th level effect spell with 1/2 a spell level drained away is 90% likely to affect any given creature. Or for a 6th level effect spell with 1 spell level drained away, it's only 5/6th likely to affect something (roll a d6).

Balance: Duration should be in rounds and power level between dispel and NSF/AMF. A larger duration and/or faster drain would make it better than NSF/AMF since, even though it's not quite as strong, your powers targetted outside the field aren't affected.
    Last edited by ericgrau; 2011-09-16 at 10:25 AM.
    So you never have to interrupt a game to look up a rule again:
    My 3.5e Rules Cheat Sheets: Normal, With Consolidated Skill System
    TOGC's 3.5e Spell/etc Cards: rpgnow / drivethru rpg
    Utilities: Magic Item Shop Generator (Req. MS Excel), Balanced Low Magic Item System
    Printable Cardstock Dungeon Tiles and other terrain stuff (100 MB)

5. - Top - End - #1415
    Ogre in the Playground

I've done a few attempts on this feat, but couldn't get it to where it wasn't just awkward so I'm looking to more experienced people for help.

R. 671

A nonmagical feat that allows the use of a raven NPC as a medium or long range scout; IE a ranged perception check. Ideally, the raven returns and reports on what it saw after the fact.
    There was something here and in the avatar box, and there will eventually be again. I just need to figure out what I want...

6. - Top - End - #1416
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Osagasu View Post
    I've done a few attempts on this feat, but couldn't get it to where it wasn't just awkward so I'm looking to more experienced people for help.

R. 671

A nonmagical feat that allows the use of a raven NPC as a medium or long range scout; IE a ranged perception check. Ideally, the raven returns and reports on what it saw after the fact.
    C. 671

If it's non-magical you're looking for, this feat by WoTC should do, although it can't actually say anything unless it's magical and whatnot.
    Newest Work: Pyromancer - My submission for Base Class Contest X
    Vote here.

Awesome Quotes:

Quote Originally Posted by chess435 View Post
    May Chuck Norris smile upon you.

Finall got an Extended Homebrew Signature, courtesy of Cipherthe3vil

7. - Top - End - #1417
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pyromancer999 View Post
    C. 671

If it's non-magical you're looking for, this feat by WoTC should do, although it can't actually say anything unless it's magical and whatnot.
    C. 671 (2?)

That would actually work. Internally, the race I want this used for will be able to understand generally what the Raven was trying to communicate, and this is much better than just such a limited scope feat.

Thanks.
    There was something here and in the avatar box, and there will eventually be again. I just need to figure out what I want...

8. - Top - End - #1418
    Halfling in the Playground

AssassinGuy

R. 672

Rules for the knife/wire weapons of the character Hai from Darker than Black.

9. - Top - End - #1419

Quote Originally Posted by Corrik View Post
    R. 672

Rules for the knife/wire weapons of the character Hei from Darker than Black.
    I think I've seen stats for this before will post link when I find it.
    Note: I might be mistaken so someone should make the stats incase I am wrong.
    Spoiler: Old Avatar by Aruius
    Show
    http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q56/Zeritho/Koboldbard.png

10. - Top - End - #1420
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

C. 672 Rules for Wire for Hei from Darker than Black can be found on the D&D Wiki.

http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Wire_%283.5e_Equipment%29

Debby
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.
    my creations in homebrew signature thread

11. - Top - End - #1421
    Orc in the Playground

R. 673
    I'm looking for a highly intelligent (at least a 14 INT) undead creature who stalks and kills living creatures, possibly at the behest of more powerful undead or evil clerics. Similar to this zombie type. Preferably in the CR 8 range.
    Last edited by The Anarresti; 2011-09-17 at 02:54 PM.
    My wonderful Avatar is by licoot.

12. - Top - End - #1422

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Debihuman View Post
    C. 672 Rules for Wire for Hei from Darker than Black can be found on the D&D Wiki.

http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Wire_%283.5e_Equipment%29

Debby
    Awesome thanks.

13. - Top - End - #1423
    Barbarian in the Playground

R 674 [4e]Im looking for homebrew formorian monsters of levels 14-19, for use in a campaign that starts out in Astrazalian. Please PM me, because it will be a PbP and i dont want players looking at the to find the stats. Dont use essentials style, if their is one (i dont know if there is).
    Illud quod aeternitatem iacere potest non mortuus est, ac dis peregrinis etiam mors moriatur.

D&D 3.5≠Pathfinder

Typhon by Kaptainkrutch. Thanks to TylerB7 for the latin

14. - Top - End - #1424
    Pixie in the Playground

DrowGuy

smile Re: Request a Homebrew

R 675. I hope the number is correct. Ok so I would like to humbly request that someone make or show me a werewolf template (3.5e). It doesn't have to be anything fancy or anything and there's no rush 'cus I wouldn't even get to use it for awhile. Thanx in advance.

P.s. I'm going to use it in a campaign I will one day Dm. (hopefully)
    Last edited by Dhraseon; 2011-09-28 at 10:46 PM.

15. - Top - End - #1425
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dhraseon View Post
    R 675. I hope the number is correct. Ok so I would like to humbly request that someone make or show me a werewolf template (3.5e). It doesn't have to be anything fancy or anything and there's no rush 'cus I wouldn't even get to use it for awhile. Thanx in advance.

P.s. I'm going to use it in a campaign I will one day Dm. (hopefully)
    C 675 Don't even have to homebrew one, we've got one in Core already.

Now, if you meant with less HD and LA, that someone will have to homebrew.
    Demilich avatar by Smuchmuch. Thank you VERY much!

Old Extended Signature, last updated in 2012
    Awright, Supagoof, that's just awesome. Thanks!
    Spoiler
    Show

Infernal avatar by Savana. Thanks!

Nude version by SmuchMuch.

16. - Top - End - #1426
    Pixie in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by flabort View Post
    C 675 Don't even have to homebrew one, we've got one in Core already.

Now, if you meant with less HD and LA, that someone will have to homebrew.
    Awesomesuace! Thanks so much never would have guessed to look in the core

17. - Top - End - #1427
    Dwarf in the Playground

tongue Re: Request a Homebrew

Quote Originally Posted by Karoht View Post
    With all due respect, I had R 668 a few pages back. I'll gladly bump myself to R669 though.

R669
    Spell-Wedgie
    Need-Level? Effects?
    Full spell line-Wedgie, Super Wedgie, Atomic Wedgie.
    H669
    Spoilered below for your convinience.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Wedgie
    Transmutation
    Level: Brd 1, Sor/Wiz 1
    Components: V, S
    Casting Time: 1 standard action
    Range: Touch
    Target: Creature touched that is currently wearing clothes on its lower body.
    [b]Duration:[/ Instaneous
    Saving Throw: Will negates
    Spell Resistance: Yes

Not even all the grace and diginity you project as a wizard can prevent you from indulging in a little juvenile humor now and then.
    - Reginald the Sly, wizard and a renowned prankster

Make a meele touch attack against an eligible target while casting this spell. If you hit, the target´s breeches, skirt or similar clothes twist, warp and force themselves uncomfortably into his anatomy, imposing a -1 circumstance penalty on attack rolls, skill checks, the higher of dodge AC,or Dexterty bonus AC and Reflex saves for 1 round.

Super wedgie
    Transmutation
    Level: Brd 2, Sor/Wiz 2
    Components: V, S,
    Target: ] Creature touched that is currently wearing clothes on its lower body.
    Duration: Instaneous

The jocks used to call this one ‘(un)necessary roughness‘ , and some of the less fortunate wizards still shudder with fearful memories of first year in Arcane arts school when using this spell.
    - Reginald the Sly, recounting the memories of his apprentice years.

As the Wedgie spell but the circumstace penalty is -2 instead, and the target moves at two-thirds normal speed (rounded down to the nearest 5-ft increment), decreasing the distance it can jump accordingly. These effects last 1d2 rounds, but the target can take a move action (that provokes attacks of opprtunity ) to adjust his clothes and negate the penalty.

Atomic wedgie
    Transmutation
    Level: Brd 3, Sor/Wiz 3
    Components: V, S,
    Target: Creature touched that is currently wearing clothes on its lower body.
    Duration: Instaneous (see text)
    This was the big one. A prank so terrible that only the meanest bullies used it, and only in dire emergencies, when some dork really, really neeed to be put in his right place.
    The most fearful, and by his admission, inspiring memory of Reginald the Sly, wizard, now a famous prankster, and oddly enough, spell inventor.

As the Wedgie spell, but every time the targets takes a move or standard action , there is a 20% he becomes blinded (-2 to AC, loses Dex bonus to AC, -4 penalty on Search checks, and Strength- and Dexterity-based checks, , automatically fails at Spot checks and other checks and activities requiring vision. All opponents have total concealment –protected by 50% miss chance- relative, to the character ) for his next round.

Humbling hoist
    Conjuration (Summoning)
    Level: Brd 3, Sor/Wiz 4
    Components: V, S, F
    Casting Time: 1 stadard action
    Range: Close (25 feet +5 ft/level)
    Target:One creature that is currently wearing clothes on its lower body
    Duration: 1 round/level (D)
    Saving Throw: Will negates (see text)
    Spell Resistance: No
    I think up a spell to mess with somebody´s underwear as a joke, and then some conjurer schlub comes along and starts thinking that some extra precise summoning is enough to let him steal my idea! Not cool, though, I do appreciate the humor of the spell.
    - Reginald the Sly, inventor of the Wedgie line of spells, on the Humbling hoist spell.

This spell conjures a thick wooden stick with a metal hook on the end behind the target, positioned so that the target´s trousers, skirt, or similar clothes snag on the hook, leaving him hanging in the air with his feet about a foot´s height above the ground. Characters so affected are unable to move from their current position, are flat-footed and take a -4 circumstance penalty on attack rolls with non- reach melee weapons, and a -2 circumstance penalty to attack rolls with ranged weapons fired with two hands, such as any kind of bows. Obviously he is severely restricted in what kind of actions he can perform, but the exact nature of these impediments is decided by the GM.
    The embarrassing predicament the target finds himself in gives him a -4 circumstance penalty to Bluff, Diplomacy, Intimidate and other social interaction checks. (or even -6 o or more, if the humiliated character is encountered by young kids or his hated enemies who will undoubtedly use the occasion to indulge in their schadenfreude.) However, if the target uses a Bluff check or some other means to play up his embarrassment or gain the onlookers´ sympathy (possibly even coaxing them into putting him down) , the penalty becomes a bonus instead.
    If there are no allies nearby who can put him down (a standard action, via Aiding another), the character can free himself by making an Escape artist check against the spell´s save DC as a standard action, or by destroying the stick holding him up. It has hardness 5, 14 hitpoints and AC equal to (10+ target´s size modifier)

Arcane focus: A thick, at least a foot long wooden stick with a hook on the end, like a walking stick or a shepherd’s crook.

And now, it is silly shonen anime slapstick time! (I just tought you would like a warning, if these things are not your cup of tea, even though I hope these spells should be workable. But I´m still not exactly sure that Ten thousand years.. should be a 4th level spell geven that it requres a focus, a costly

Thousand years of pain
    Evocation [Force]
    Level: Brd 2, Sor/Wiz 2
    Components: V, S, F,
    Target: One creature with discernible anatomy.
    Duration: Instaneous
    Saving Throw: Reflex negates
    Spell Resistance: No

Okay, now this is getting weird.
    - Reginald the Sly on the Thousand years of pain spell.

As you cast this spell, you create an ephemeral force construct in the shape of two hands clasped together with their index fingers outstretched. The hands fly to the target and poke him in the hindquarters with such force he takes 1d6+( half caster level, rounded up) points of nonlethal bludgeoning damage, and is launched into the air, landing 1d8+(caster´s key ability score modifier, rounded up to the nearest 5- foot increment) feet away . Creatures affected by this spell always land on their feet.

Arcane focus
    A smooth leather glove.

Ten thousand years of death
    Transmutation
    Level: Brd 4, Sor/Wiz 4
    Components: V, S, M, F,
    Target: One creature with discernible anatomy
    Duration: One round/level (D)
    Saving Throw: Will negates (see text)

Wha…what? Sweet merciful Mystra, somebody get both of them a cleric!
    -Reginald the Sly, witnessing the first casting of this spell by his arch nemesis whose name is now lost to the mists of time.
    Some say this was the last push that made the prankster wizard descend into madness, and he now roams the planes calling himself the Mischievous magician, the Tricksy Transmuter, the Capricious Conjurer, and many other names.
    There are many legends about him and no one has ever seen him, but they say that, if you pull off a particularly brilliant prank, he always sees you, chuckling silently in approval.

While casting this spell , throw the projectile used a focus with the material component attached to it, and make a ranged touch attack. If it hits, the spell is discharged to affect that target.
    The spell causes the dagger to hit the target like a Thousand years of death spell does dealing 1d6 points of piercing damage. After that, at any point during the spell´s duration, you can choose to take a free action and have the rune tag explode, dealing 6d6 points of damage to the target, half of which is bludgeoning and half is fire .The target of this spell takes full damage without a saving throw, other creatures within 10 feet distance can take a Reflex save for half damage. The explosion also happens when the spell is dismissed, subject to a failed attempt to dispel or use the erase spell, its duration ends or the target moves out of the spell´s range, unless the caster mentally commands the spell to go inert as a free action. (Which he cannot do if the spell is unsuccessfully dispelled or erased) Those affected by this spell must take a Fortitude save or be deafened and stunned for 1d3 rounds. Creatures within a 10 feet distance get a +4 bonus to their saving throw.

Arcane focus
    A dagger, arrow, or some other weapon or projectile suitable for throwing, that has the material component attached to it. The magic protects arrows and other fragile objects from breaking while being used as a focus for this spell.
    Material component
    A paper tag inscribed with arcane runes related to fire. The ink contains semiprecious stones and the paper is of the finest quality, so the tag costs 15 gp to purchase.
    The character can make them himself with supplies worth 5 gp, a DC 10 Craft (Caligraphy) or Profession (Scribe) check and a full round´s time of work.

It´s only semi-serious, but I would still like some PEACHing, please, I haven´t had much experience making spells.

R676
    Some d20 Modern Talents for a psychic warrior type guy. I want him to be able to do all kinds of crazy stunts in combat and out of it , of the kind they do in wuxia movies (maybe not as extreme as running up walls or kicking people´s asses using only a sash as a weapon, this is not Exalted after all), so I think the psionic feats with a 'mind over matter' theme might be a good starting point, but I´m really drawing a blank on wuxia stuff that would fit these criteria. I should also mention that I would like those to synergize with his powers in some ways, like letting you spend PP to enhance the effects of some talents.
    So, can I ask for your help? Thanks a lot in advance.
    Last edited by ScIaDrd; 2011-10-01 at 05:17 AM.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started mine in the Players´ house in a large elven city.
    Boring, duh.
    GENERATION 17: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social experiment

My Paladin´s to-be motto:
    Peace and love through superior firepower and divine righteousness.
    If you approve, copy and paste this into your signature.

18. - Top - End - #1428

Quote Originally Posted by ScIaDrd View Post
    H669
    Spoilered below for your convinience.
    ~snip~It´s only semi-serious...
    Awesomeness, plus flavor text.
    I'm handing this to my DM next session.

Great work!
    ~~Courage is not the lack of fear~~
    Quote Originally Posted by gooddragon1 View Post
    If the party wizard can't survive a supersonic dragon made of iron at epic levels it's his own fault really.
    "In soviet dungeon, aboleth farms you!"
    "Please consult your DM before administering Steve brand Aboleth Mucus.
    Ask your DM if Aboleth Mucus is right for you.
    Side effects include coughing, sneezing, and other flu like symptoms, cancer, breathing water like a fish, loss of dignity, loss of balance, loss of bowel and bladder control."

19. - Top - End - #1429
    Ogre in the Playground

R. 677

so... first time on the homebrew forum, if i'm doing something wrong i'd like to know. thanks.

I'm running a long time heroic campaign in Eberron (there is a link to the log in my sig, but it's really not necessary). and while i'm good in story telling and flavor, i suck at monster design and balance.

the party is about to (re) enter the Mournland, into the Eston mines, in order to do some plot relevant magic in some big cave. but before that, i want them to face the Guardian of the site.

now i want it to be special, that might be beaten in a straight up fight, but might also be taken down through "battle puzzle" (i'll throw in an example). both options should be viable, and equally hard. the battle as a whole shoul be hard, (one of the 3 biggest battles in the campaign) but the party will be after 2-3 encounters.

bit of a background (not utterly necessary, buthelps understand the Guardian's theme and one of it's creators)
    Spoiler
    Show
    the party met a changeling through out the campaign, that sometime helped them, sometime hindered, and is some of the "evil team". she is named The Traveler (but is based very loosely on the deirty). in short- she was a secluded artificer that creat items that absorbed some of people's personalities, which she then got to "experience fully" who they were. main things about her: )doesn't fully relate to the creature, but still)
    - changling bard 1/ artificer 11 (no infusions though)/ chameleon 2

- ambiguity... anything about her seem to have multiple meanings.

- she is partially mad from her personality shard. she lost most, and no doesn't know who she is most ofthe times, flipping from one personaliy to another.

- superb artificer, an exemplar of her kind, made quite a few unique items. her most intense project was trying to get a creation forge working properly, but she only got a lot of "dumb empty minded" warfoged.

- basically she is sad, wanting attention, but expecting none. she is fine with her constructs and toys.

now, the main villain, learning on her helping the PCs, and so decided to punish her, and torture her at the same time: the guardian was created, and she was to be constrained to ti's bowels, suffering from it's twisted mind, and the proximity to the site.

soooo, will i get to the Guardian already?
    Spoiler
    Show
    well, the idea is basically as follows:
    - a humongous construct, made out of fusing loosely lots of adamantine and Mithral warforged to a grotesque creature. i'm not usre about the shape, in my mind there are two: either a six-8 legged "centaur" creature with 4 arms and two heads, or some huge towering trunk, at it's base many spidery legs, and from the trunk about 6 warforged whip like whips, and 2-3 heads. only this feels more Abberation than Construct to me. other suggestions are welcomed!

- inside the mass of metal, wood, stone and magic is the captured Traveler. (incapable of acting) it should take the party a little bit to realize someone is inside, a bit more to realize who it is. i like some of the attacks (i'm thinking area attacks that reach the core?) affect the traveler as well. other things that might affect her? (this has an important effect later on)

- Size: Gargantuan/ Collosal. perhaps partly fluid shape? (depends on it's form)

- CR: about 14. (the party is 11th level, but they got resources)

- living construct, but it might be mad, or it's mind composed of many jumbled minds.

- defeating possibilities:
    • one would be to hack/ blast it till it drops (tough)
    • using terrain/ circumstances/ vulnerability to take it down (my thought is that the guardian has numerous cables to the sides of the magical mine's walls. cutting them down might reduce it's HP, or maybe even lower/severe it's powers. cutting a cable is not easy though, and each time there is a random magic discharge- energy damage, debuffing spell and so on) should be tough.
    • another possibility is the combination of these two (the most satisfying i think). all the options till now should be about equally tough, and viable.
    • and lastly- killing the traveler while the guardian still stands (it shuts it down) this should be easier, but as the traveler might give them good assistance later on, this comes at a price.

- some defenses: DR/ adamantine, high resistance to normal tactics by the party (resistance 15/ 20 fire, resistance 15/ 20 lightning), some self repair ability, perhaps even limited spell turning?(can a spell be turned through a duskblade's channeling touch)

- some attacks: mostly a brute, should also be fast (haste every few rounds?). i'm thinking of an "aura of confusion" around him (every round you save or you're confused for 1d4 rounds), and perhaps something mimicking insanity, both in itself, and causing it to enemies (though not necessarily the spell)not sure how to express this. these are the effects of the traveler bound to him.

- another strange ability: each time after being wounded for some hp, some warforged dissasemble, and act as warped minions (i think level 3-4 simple warriors/ fighters, i don't want ti to be complicated, mostly a flavour thing). perhaps after some serious hp loss (50%?) enough warforged are down that it's AC or some defenses are lost. i'd like itto go into "blooded mode" to take a term from 4E, and change just a bit (but significantly) one or two of it's powers/ stats, so on... to compensate.

the party, in case you're wondering (less important)
    Spoiler
    Show
    - they'll be at level 11 ECL. they have quite a bit more than the WBL, about 30-50% more they also use Action points from Eberron, and might have most of them. they use these liberaly.the PCs have above average HP.

- kalashtar sorc 1/ wiz 4/ ultimate magus 6: a very capable arcanist. TONS of spells, can cast at 4th level as wizard, 3rd level as sorcerer. like ray spells, fireballs, some buff spells (haste, fly) and has an 8th level nearly depleted dispel magic wand. however, she is very vulnerable, and goes down fast when hit. also has anklet of translocation.

- Aasimar cleric 10. focused on melee, but her attacks do little damage to non evil creartures (due to combination of spells), also capable healer due to magical devices, and can teleport short distances (again magical devices). the tank of the party, with AC at about 28 before buffing spells. also part buffer. a bit confused at 5th level spells, as this is the first time he played a cleric at these levels. carries lots of scrolls...

- rogue 3/ duskblade 8: the quick and agile maneuverer. mostly attack with channeled strikes- combust, shocking grasp, and dimension hop. has quite a few evasive abilities (including full concealment 2 times a day). various potions for different situations. hits most things. has bolt shirt- 1/ day teleport.

- half orc ranger 11 with an intelligent bow, who has Insane to hit bonuses, but doesn't do much damage (now replaced a feat to one that work similar to power attack but ranged). very high dex and ref, very high hp, very high perception, nice selection of spells, including 2/ day swift haste. no teleport stuff i think.

so... does anyone have an idea? i know it's long, and perhaps a bit complicated. but i trust the playgrounders!
    Kol.

(search word: Tomer)
    Last edited by Kol Korran; 2011-10-03 at 02:16 PM.

1. Special projects:
    Campaign logs archive, Campaign planning log, Tactical mass combat Homebrew, A unique monsters compendium.
    2. My campaign logs:
    Three from a GM's POV, One from a player's POV. Very detailed, including design and GMing discussions.
    3. Various roleplay and real life musings and anecdotes:
    For those interested, from serious to funny!

Thanks for reading!

20. - Top - End - #1430

R. 678

Fellas, in an brand new campaing im playing a wildshape ranger/socut/warshaper and for the last 10 lvls i want to play a nice PRC and i love the Lion of Talanasid from exalted deeds but its a full casting PrC and of course thats its best feature.

So my DM agreed to make an adaptation to that PrC so it can be more martial oriented and no casting.
    Removing 10spell casting progresion is big so i have to make or add Features/bab/hit die to compensate

My chose so far is to add the enhanced features from the daggerspellshaper (daggerclaws and enhanced wildshape) also things like fast wildshape, claw sice enhancements or animal companion enhancements.
    The flavour and a good lvl 20 capstone its a MUST

whats your opinion on it, what are your sugestions? first time im making a PrC here at the forum so if you can also give me a hand with the table it will be a nice add to the post.
    english not base lenguage, sry for the grammar, thanks.

Kael Proudmoure, Swifblade (avatar by Loki Eremes)
    Unlimited arcane technique: Spell, Sword, and Fist.

21. - Top - End - #1431

C678

A couple of ideas, neither complete:

Wildshape powers: turn into part-feline magical beasts like griffons and chymera. Capstone: turn into half-celestial version of normally available creature.

Martial: gain 2 tiger claw maneuvers or stances every level with crusader refreshing.

22. - Top - End - #1432

sorry, i know i wrote "martial" but i never meant it to be a ToB PrC
    english not base lenguage, sry for the grammar, thanks.

Kael Proudmoure, Swifblade (avatar by Loki Eremes)
    Unlimited arcane technique: Spell, Sword, and Fist.

23. - Top - End - #1433
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

R.679
    I have a Dwarf Magus in the Pathfinder system that is acclimated toward primarily lightning and sonic type effects. I'd say he's somewhat Thor-ish, except for the Dwarven Battleaxe and mechanical replacement for a hand.. But that's beside the point. What I'm looking for is either:
    a. A couple of additional spells to sprinkle in for the flavor of lightning and thunder, or a storm.
    b. An alternate class feature to reflect this preference and really set it apart.
    Or c. A simple 3 or 5 lvl PrC to reflect the lightning/thunder theme that synergizes nicely with Magus.

24. - Top - End - #1434

R. 680

Can i have a race for either card soldiers or chess pieces (alice in wonderland stuff)

25. - Top - End - #1435

PaladinGuy

R 681
    I'm DMing a game with players who have never played D&D before. One of them, the fighter, wants to be a blacksmith and put full ranks in Craft(weaponsmithing) and Craft(armorsmithing) and even took Skill Focus:weaponsmithing. I warned him that this is an awful choice, but he still took it.

How can I make him feel that's not totally useless? Since I think that, by RAW, there's just nothing you can do with it, some homebrewed ideas are necessary. Nothing too complicated if possible, please.

26. - Top - End - #1436

H 681

I have some feats somewhere for one of my old players that did that...
    And a PrC

27. - Top - End - #1437

H678

Lose: spellcasting, existing wildshape class features

Gain:

1 usage of wildshape/day every level

At level:

1 wildshape (large or tiny)
    2 wildshape (griffon); detect evil
    3 Talisid's speech; Talisid's claws
    4 wildshape (chimera); lay on hands
    5 supernatural wildshape
    6 wildshape (lammasu); smite evil 3/day
    7 swift wildshape
    8 wildshape (androsphinx); divine grace
    9 weapon merging
    10 wildshape (leonal); celestialshape

detect evil / lay on hands / smite evil / divine grace: like the paladin abilities except that you may use wisdom instead of charisma if you wish and that you use your total hit dice as your paladin level.

Talisid's speech: You may converse freely with any living creature, regardless of common language, its intelligence, or your physical form.

Talisid's claws: All your attacks count as magical and good for overcoming DR.

supernatural wildshape: Gain su (but not spell-like or spellcasting) abilities of forms you wildshape into

weapon merging: If you wildshape while holding a magical weapon so that the weapon merges with your body, you may assign its enhancements to one of your natural weapons with a decrease of 1 to the total enhancement bonus. If you have multiple weapons, you may assign each to a different natural weapon. The enhancement must be appropriate to the natural weapon. For example, if you are holding a +2 seeking fiery bow and a +1 shocking sword and you turn into a griffon, you could gain a +1 fiery bite and a shocking left claw.

celestialshape: You may spend 1 wildshape usage to gain the half-celestial template for one hour. The template will be applied to whatever form you take. If you take a form to which half-celestial cannot be applied (such as a leonal), this effect is suppressed, but returns when you take one it can.

28. - Top - End - #1438

H681

Skill trick: clever sunder

You know exactly where weak points are likely to occur in an object and can use this to your advantage in smashing them. As a swift action, you may study an object for weakness. Make an opposed craft check against the object's creator. Include in the creator's roll any circumstance bonuses or penalties he had at time of creation. If nothing has been established about the creator, assume his total bonus was exactly 10 less than the craft dc of the object. If your roll is higher, add twice the difference to all future damage rolls against the object. You may not retry this unless your craft bonus has increased.

29. - Top - End - #1439
    Ogre in the Playground

C 679
    Almost got to work, but then noticed "magus", and "pathfinder". Unfortunately, I'm unfamillar with pathfinder, and am not sure if there's a 3.5 version of the Magus.
    So I can't even make a 3.5 version for someone to convert. Sorry, someone else will have to do it. But I'd be willing, if I knew.

R 682
    Paladin, Bard, and Ranger ACFs that lose spellcasting entirely, and have certain themes:
    Ranger: I'm rather mobile, like to spend my time in high places, have absurd Jump-dependant abilities. You'll often find me in treetops, on roofs, or knocking my head against the dungeon roof.
    Bard: Heh. Sorry, we don't have a front liner. Or, rather, our front liner is the fool singing his head off.
    Paladin: To **** with the Code, I can rescue and heal people anyways. The ends justifies the means, now lets go! (Also, somehow add an elemental theme (with a choice as to element) to this)

R 683
    Necro-Bard! (Also an ACF)
    Demilich avatar by Smuchmuch. Thank you VERY much!

Old Extended Signature, last updated in 2012
    Awright, Supagoof, that's just awesome. Thanks!
    Spoiler
    Show

Infernal avatar by Savana. Thanks!

Nude version by SmuchMuch.

30. - Top - End - #1440
    Titan in the Playground

R 684:
    A creature that is a sort of cloud that "rides" on other minds. So senses= mindsight + whatever any nearby sentients have. Communication = telepathy + commandeering nearby vocal cords. Maybe an ability to get nearby willing creatures into an ad-hoc hivemind.

Oh, and anything in its area has Concealment as far as mindsight is concerned.

Should be playable. Telekinesis is fine but not necessary (so only if you feel it's needed to make the race strong enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew