New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 254041424344454647484950
Results 1,471 to 1,478 of 1478
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Request a Homebrew

R694
    I have one big-ish request, related to Binders from Tome of Magic.

Players of the Alternative Energy game at B12, don't look.
    Spoiler
    Show

What I want is a special vestige for the evil NPCs. However, while bound, you cannot bind other vestiges. As a result, if one could bind multiple vestiges, he instead gets additional or enhanced abilities from the vestige. Most of the other stuff is described below.

The vestige is loosely based on an amalgam of the Beast and the Dragon of the book of Revelation; it is an apocalyptic creature, the abilities from binding it are mainly destructive in nature. It also has more deleterious effects on the binder's soul than most vestiges, as the Beast, whose body now lies dead in the Styx in a deep layer of the Abyss, was (and still is) a devourer of souls. Eventually, the binder's soul is eaten away completely, and his body is a vessel for the Beast.

Binding the Beast automatically results in a poor pact, so to speak. However, the binding check is still made to determine whether it is heavy or light influence (against a high DC); this check must be made once for every vestige slot available. While under light influence, the binder tends to revel in destruction and chaos, and must not attempt to avoid destruction or bloodshed. Under heavy influence, a binder's alignment is changed for the duration of the pact; A chaotic or evil creature becomes chaotic evil. Otherwise, each component of the binder's alignment is moved closer to chaotic evil. In addition, the binder must take any measures possible to cause chaos, destruction, or suffering.

The Beast's special requirement cannot be circumvented in any way. The Beast's special requirement is that its seal be drawn with the blood of a Good sentient creature dead no more than three minutes.

The Beast's sign increases in scale with each vestige slot occupied. Initially, it causes its seal to appear in red (not glowing) on the binder's forehead or right hand, at his choosing. In addition, his irises become blood red. Occupying two slots, the seal glows faintly, and the binder's skin gains a faint red tinge. With three slots occupied, the seal glows a bright red, giving off light as a candle. The binder's eyes are replaced by glowing red spheres, and his skin becomes a reddish hide. While the Beast occupies four slots, the binder's hide becomes scaly and his face gains draconic features. These are all in addition to any natural attacks the binder gets as a result of the vestige. ((And it's a dragon-demon-beast. I expect natural attacks.))

So, I have the fluff down pretty well, but it's kind of soft and chewy. Needs some crunch to it. Help would be incredi-awesome.
    Last edited by RedWarrior0; 2011-10-18 at 06:35 PM.

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Ogre in the Playground

C 690 Alright, finished reading that comic (as far as it goes).

So, you want a PrC based on... the Pages, or the Whitebox Weapons?

IMHO, In a world with wizards and warlocks, warforged and bards, rogues and druids, a Page wouldn't really stand out or be identifiable. And sorry to say, I don't think that base class is the best fit to the comic.

I'll still try to do it, but you won't be offended if I post two versions, one for your class and one not?
    Demilich avatar by Smuchmuch. Thank you VERY much!

Old Extended Signature, last updated in 2012
    Awright, Supagoof, that's just awesome. Thanks!
    Spoiler
    Show

Infernal avatar by Savana. Thanks!

Nude version by SmuchMuch.

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Ettin in the Playground

Whitebox Weapons, mostly.

And I don't mind; I just need more stuff to progress out from my base class into...
    Quote Originally Posted by segtrfyhtfgj View Post
    door is a fake exterior wall
    If you see me try to discuss the nitty-gritty of D&D 5e, kindly point me to my signature and remind me that I shouldn't. Please and thank you!

4. - Top - End - #1474
    Titan in the Playground

H 693
    Knight of the Mind
    As eldritch knight except:
    Requirements: Must be proficient with all martial weapons, able to cast 2nd level arcane spells
    15 level PrC (so sue me)
    First two levels do not grant casting. Only the first level grants a fighter bonus feat, as before.

Armored Casting
    At 1st level a Knight of the Mind may cast in light or medium armor without incurring spell failure.

Automatic Extend
    All spells from the spellcasting advanced by Knight of the Mind may be treated as if affected by the extend spell feat without altering the spell level. All of a Knight of the Mind's spell like abilities (from any source) are likewise extended.

Spell Like Abilities
    The Knight of the Mind may use each of the spell like abilities in the table below once per day upon attaining the Knight of the Mind level indicated, with a caster level equal to his hit dice (rather than his arcane caster level). Note that spell like abilities have neither somatic nor verbal components. Unlike most spell like abilities, the save DCs are based on the mental ability score used for the spell-casting that Knight of the Mind advances.

Bonus Feat
    At 2nd level and every 5 levels thereafter the Knight of the Mind gains a bonus feat as indicated in the table below.

{table]Level|Spell Like Ability|Special
    1|Touch of Idiocy
    2|Silence|Bonus Metamagic Feat
    3|Dispel Magic
    4|Enervation
    5|Lesser Globe of Invulnerability
    6|Spell Resistance
    7|Feeblemind|Bonus Metamagic, Quicken Spell Like Ability or Empower Spell Like Ability Feat
    8|Antimagic Field
    9|Greater Dispel Magic
    10|Spell Turning
    11|Bigby's Grasping Hand
    12|Protection from Spells|Bonus Metamagic, Quicken Spell Like Ability or Empower Spell Like Ability Feat
    13|Mind Blank
    14|Energy Drain
    15|Mordenkain's Disjunction
    [/table]

Tips: The quicken spell like ability feat (MM1) is handy for your lower level SLAs once you reach high enough level to use it. The empower spell like ability feat is useful on touch of idiocy, enervation and spell turning. A simple anti-caster tactic to try is to silence yourself or an object you're carrying, get close to your foe and take him down with further anti-caster SLAs since you can still cast these. Spontaneous casters and maybe some prepared casters might want to consider the silent spell feat as well.

Other Comments:While the knight's normal casting is behind a level further than the eldritch knight that's still better than getting still spell, he gets free extend, he gets 1 more BAB from lower pre-reqs, and his anti-caster SLAs are attained at or near the same level as a pure wizard or cleric. Yet against any foe that's not a caster the lost caster level is a big price to pay for only a couple points of AC and 1 BAB. If it still seems too good for your group, consider removing automatic extend.
    Last edited by ericgrau; 2011-10-19 at 02:12 AM.
    So you never have to interrupt a game to look up a rule again:
    My 3.5e Rules Cheat Sheets: Normal, With Consolidated Skill System
    TOGC's 3.5e Spell/etc Cards: rpgnow / drivethru rpg
    Utilities: Magic Item Shop Generator (Req. MS Excel), Balanced Low Magic Item System
    Printable Cardstock Dungeon Tiles and other terrain stuff (100 MB)

5. - Top - End - #1475
    Titan in the Playground

New Thread
    (because of the 50-page limit)
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

6. - Top - End - #1476
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

To stupid to read....
    Last edited by Seltsamuel; 2012-10-29 at 02:56 PM.

7. - Top - End - #1477
    Pixie in the Playground

I have a request for a playable race
    Hurgeon-Also known as the hedge-hog folk, hurgeon are short stocky folk, resembling humanoid hedgehogs, with thick clusters of needle-like spines on their backs and their arms and legs. Hurgeon prefer to live simply in small dug out burrows excavated from the earth, the call to adventure is strong, especially with the younger ones, and while all hurgeon have the ability to roll up in a ball as a defensive ability, fighters and monks are especially dangerous, using their needle-sharp spines as weapons. Hurgeons dwell in natural places, and prefer to keep their surroundings unspoiled, as such they often take to "Wilderness" occupations like rangers and druids
    Last edited by MrAdam; 2013-10-01 at 06:18 PM.
    The Cheese, It Watches me!

8. - Top - End - #1478
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

I tried to make it work but i just couldn't!!!! :( A Bard class that destroys people with music, like the two brothers from "Kung-Fu Hustle"....