New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: New cohort?

1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default New cohort?

I was originally planning to have a Petal (MM3 p. 120) Favored Soul as a cohort (seriously, +8 to Cha), but my DM decided to not let me use anything from Eberron. So now I'm looking for something else to keep me from dying. Are there any other low-LA (+2 or lower preferably) races that have ridiculous bonuses to Wis and/or Cha or something similar? I'm not planning to send it into combat much, so the other ability scores aren't much of an issue, and it'll probably be undead, so a Con penalty would actually be preferable.
    My characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sarah, human gestalt druid/totemist
    Adrian, human rogue
    Calypso, half-nymph human gestalt druid/miscellaneous

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: New cohort?

Although MM3 is rather 'Eberron-friendly', Petal is NOT from (or limited to, for that mater) Eberron. It's not as an Eberron-centred creature as an Undying Councilor might be, so it's okay to use 'em and love 'em.
    Keith Baker, on the age of Erandis d'Vol:
    Spoiler
    Show

... The miniature of her certainly makes her look older, but personally I like young Erandis both on the basis that the purge of the line started before she could grow into her full powers, and also because it lets her and Jaela have a vicious catfight sometime.

Maybe I'm playing a wrong game.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

Catfolk have a +1 LA, bu t they aren't hobbled with Humanoid HD. They only get a +2 to Cha, but they also have a +4 to Dex, which means that having one as a Favoured Sould of Ehlonna for the Longbow proficiency would work well. http://www.crystalkeep.com/d20/rules...ndex-Races.pdf may contain some other useful races.
    "It doesn't matter what you think I'm supposed to be, 'cause I myself know all too well." Line from "King of My World" by Saliva.
    Good itP 2009 winner,Cleric itP Winner.
    Taking Reiki requests. PM me for details.
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

Human Cleric, what better to keep you alive.... And depending on your level, bring you back for the dead...

PS: take "improved cohort"[heros of battle] raises you leadership score buy one and makes you cohort only one level bellow you...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthromancer View Post
    As a druid, I have the right to bear arms, the right to arm bears, and I've killed men with my bear hands.
    Avatar by kpenguin, Teal'c rocks...

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bag_of_Holding View Post
    Although MM3 is rather 'Eberron-friendly', Petal is NOT from (or limited to, for that mater) Eberron. It's not as an Eberron-centred creature as an Undying Councilor might be, so it's okay to use 'em and love 'em.
    My DM seemed to think so, though, so he wouldn't let me use it.
    My characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sarah, human gestalt druid/totemist
    Adrian, human rogue
    Calypso, half-nymph human gestalt druid/miscellaneous