New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Legendary vs. Legacy

I've noticed that Legendary Weapons and Legacy Weapons (from the aptly-named Weapons of Legacy) are very similar, and indeed, the latter probably spawned from the former. My question is, does anyone have an opinion on which is better?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Legendary vs. Legacy

It is not really an answer, but imo both are not very good. Legendary weapons require you to take class levels in them (taking away your class features in exchange for their mostly mediocre abilities) and weapons of legacy do take away some of your primary bonuses (BAB, skill points, saves, HP, spell slots) while often being less powerful than bought weapons, because they cannot be enhanced further.
    While both of these (I personally like the weapons of legacy more) are very flavourful if used wisely imo, the mechanics tend to make them a burden instead of a bonus.

P.S. WoL can be useful in low-magic campaigns, but only with restrictions to some abilities
    Last edited by Partysan; 2008-03-02 at 01:37 PM.
    "Ceterum censeo mediomundum esse delendum."
    Quote Originally Posted by Claudius Maximus View Post
    A balor is literally made of evil - for all we know it's composed of malecules and cruelectrons.
    I will leave this world like I entered it - screaming and bathed in blood.

Martial Avatartist by the amazing yldenfrei