New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Anti-Magic Game Character Help

A friend of mine is looking for a shot at DMing. Basically, the story is about a group all working for a secret society to kill non-prepared arcane spellcasters. But all that is beside the point.

I've been thinking about playing a Spellthief. I have no clue whether or not this is a good idea, but I love the idea of a thief who worships a God and uses his spells he steals every now and then to erupt into divine magic, via the following feat, Godsblood Spelltheft. Is this a good idea? Is the class just worthless? I've never seen one played in our group, so I wonder what you folks on the forums think.
    Races of Thordain

The Complete Face - A Complete book that makes dumpstating Charisma a thing of the past. FEATURING THE NEW BASE CLASS, THE CHARLATAN!

GENERATION 17: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig (for any forums you frequent) and add 1 to the generation. This is a social experiment.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Anti-Magic Game Character Help

If you are playing a low to mid level game with the goal of eating casters, it is a fun alternate route to rogue. I've had players in high magic games eat up the class even without the feat (which is great fun unto itself). Master Spellthief really seems to come in handy for players of my games when using the class.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    Toho has retroactive powers of awesome. He makes things that he hasn't done, and have already happened, better by his existence
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganurath View Post
    If anything, the term should be What Would Toho Do?
    Of course, in all situations the answer is Be A Badass.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: Anti-Magic Game Character Help

This should help: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ighlight=Druid

Personally I think Spellthieves are very enjoyable. As long as this society has no problem with you being a spellcaster of sorts.