New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: 180 Radius

1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground

Default 180 Radius

Below there is an image of the base I am using. I just can't seem to get it right.

The orange dot in the centre is the corner that the caster choose because it is a radius spell. I'd be grateful if someone could show me how to make it, or even simple directions ("From the top, 4 squares right, 2 down...").

Thw white dots are the actual squares where the action happens and the grey lines are obviously the lines between them.

The image doesn't seem to show it all, so here's a link.
    Please feel free to correct my spelling and grammar. It is actually helpfull for me, not a bother.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: 180 Radius

A circle with radius r centered at (x,y) is the set of all points who's distance to (x,y) is less than or equal to r.

This is true in D&D too: your circle covers all the points that a character with 180' speed would be able to reach from that orange point.

I couldn't do D&D circles at all until I looked at it that way, maybe it'll help you too.

Otherwise... circles in D&D are octagons, so use that. Go 180' in each diagonal and orthogonal direction, and mark that as in your circle. Then just copy the half-diagonal lines that all the circles in the DMG use to connect them.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: 180 Radius

Thanks, I think I get it...
    Please feel free to correct my spelling and grammar. It is actually helpfull for me, not a bother.