New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 42 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1732333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1475
  1. - Top - End - #1231
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Any Orc/Goblinoid Fans??

Imp has a point on the wording for the pinebenders type. Should say "Orc Blooded subtype.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cieyrin View Post
    That point can be debated, depending who we're talking about cooking.
    I play Lawful Evil. I love goblins. I like Prestige Classes.

Visit Dwenty, a collaborative project I took part in with several other people from all over the world.

Some of my Prestige Class work with the brilliant BHU

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    "I know that you believe that you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

2. - Top - End - #1232
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by imp_fireball View Post
    Didn't know orc was a subtype. Thought it was a race.

Should be 'two of these free actions each round' instead of just 'two free actions'. Free actions are usually unlimited per round or turn unless specified otherwise.
    Some of the later books began referring to Humanoid races as Humanoid (Race Subtype. For example Elves were Humanoid (Elf). I was following that tradition.

The other was pretty much how they had it worded in the Deities book so thats what I went with.
    Revised avatar by Trixie, New avvie by Crisis21!
    Mah Fluffy Death Critters
    Orcs and Goblins
    Behold the Power of Kitteh!
    Backup threads available here

3. - Top - End - #1233
    Titan in the Playground

FISTS OF BAGHTRU

[IMG]Picture URL[/IMG]

"TOR ANGRY!! TOR MAKE NEXT PERSON HE SEES EAT OWN POOP!"

The Fists of Baghtru are overly dumb and testosterone ridden Orcs dedicated to their races God of Strength. Cause who needs intelligence or a decent command of reality if you got awesome muscles?

BECOMING A FIST
    Most Orcs taking this PrC generally take a break from busting heads just long enough to learn the religious prerequisites (most don't have the patience for anything else).

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
    Race: Orc
    Patron: Baghtru
    Spells: Must be able to cast Divine Spells and have access to the Strength Domain
    BAB: +5
    Skills: Intimidate 6 ranks, Knowledge (Religion) 4 ranks
    Rage: Must be able to Rage at least once a day.

Class Skills
    The Fist of Baghtru's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Climb (Str), Concentration (Con), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Knowledge (Religion) (Int), Listen (Wis), Ride (Dex), Survival (Wis), and Swim (Str)
    Skills Points at Each Level : 2 + int

Hit Dice: d8

Code:
       BAB  Fort    Ref    Will  Abilities
    1. +1    +2     +0     +0    Divine Rage 1/day, Rage, +1 Level of Divine Spellcasting Class
    2. +2    +3     +0     +0    Divine Hammer
    3. +3    +3     +1     +1    Club Diplomacy, +1 Level of Divine Spellcasting Class
    4. +4    +4     +1     +1    Divine Rage 2/day
    5. +5    +4     +1     +1    Divine Hammer, +1 Level of Divine Spellcasting Class
    6. +6    +5     +2     +2    Club Diplomacy
    7. +7    +5     +2     +2    Divine Rage 3/day, +1 Level of Divine Spellcasting Class
    8. +8    +6     +2     +2    Divine Hammer
    9. +9    +6     +3     +3    Club Diplomacy, +1 Level of Divine Spellcasting Class
    10.+10   +7     +3     +3    Divine Strength
    Rage: A Fists Barbarian and Fist of Baghtru Levels stack for purposes of how many times per day he can use Rage.

Divine Rage (Su): As a Swift Action you may enter a Divine Rage. You may do this once per day at 1st level, and an additional time per day at levels 4 ad 7. If you wish you may simultaneously enter both Rage and Divine Rage. Divine Rage last 3 rounds plus one round per point of Strength Modifier Baghtru favors his strongest). While in a Divine Rage a Fist is immune to Ability Damage/Drain to his Strength Attribute.

At 4th level he is also immune to penalties to damage rolls.

At 7th level he is also immune to involuntary penalties to attack rolls.

Rage: Your Barbarian and Fist Levels stack for purposes of determining how many times per day you can Rage.

Divine Hammer (Su): Your kind prefer diplomacy via club. Whenever you are Raging and wielding a Blunt Melee Weapon you gain some advantages.

At 2nd Level while your Greatclub is held it cannot be Sundered.

At 5th level it does +1d6 damage per successful hit unless the opponent has a Sacred, Exalted, Profane, or Vile Bonus.

At 8th level it does another +1d6 per Fist of Baghtru Level on a successfully confirmed Critical (unless the opponent has a Sacred, Exalted, Profane, or Vile Bonus).

Club Diplomacy (Ex): At levels 3, 6, and 9 the Fist gets one of the following as a Bonus Feat: Advanced Purshamarr Style, Brutal Strike, Improved Critical (Greatclub), Improved Sunder, Melee Weapon Mastery (Bludgeoning), Power Attack, Power Critical (Greatclub), Purshamarr Mastery, Purshamarr Style, Weapon Focus (Greatclub), Weapon Specialization (Greatclub). A Fist may take Weapon Focus and Weapon Specialization as if they're Barbarian and Fist levels were Fighter Levels.

Divine Strength (Su): At 10th level you become infused with the Divine power of your God. While Raging the duration is now 3 rounds plus 1 round per point of Strength Modifier instead of Con. The Save DC of your spells is now based on your Strength Modifier instead of Constitution, and you may choose one spell per point of Strength Modifier. The caster level for these spells is equal to your Effective Character Level. You now add double your Strength Modifier to all melee attacks (triple if attacking with a two handed weapon).

Weapon Proficiencies: A Fist of Baghtru gains proficiency with the Greatclub.

PLAYING A FIST
    Smart peeples r dumb! I nos moar! Nevar listin to udder rases! Listen to Preests! Preests r gud!
    Combat: The Fists generally have no sense of discretion, subtlety, or moderation. They are among the loudest, dumbest, crudest Orcs and this only helps to fuel their religious fanaticism. Which makes them a little more psychotic in combat than usual. They definitely prefer the 'charge and flail' method of combat.
    Advancement: Fists all generally follow the same path of trying to outdo one another in terms of strength and endurance. Fighting and contests of raw physical power are all they live for.
    Resources: Fists are used a lot as shock troops by the Orc military, and they do get some support from the orcish Church as well.

FISTS IN THE WORLD
    "There are newborn infants with a greater grasp on reality than you have."
    Fists interact with the world by clubbing it into submission, or forcing their opinions, ideas on it. They are understandable not popular because of this, not even among their own kind sometimes.
    Daily Life: Much of your life is spent increasing your strength, insulting the weak, killing anyone you pointed at, and getting drunk. Think of the Fists as psychopathic frat boys.
    Notables: Raaaa (CE Male Orc Cleric 2/Barbarian 4/Fist of Baghtru 6) is a dumb brute who believes in diplomacy via the club, and a part time wrestling enthusiast. He's also a little crazy.
    Organizations: The Fists usually belong to religious or military organizations within Orc Society (both of which are usually the same thing). Unfortunately for them they aren't bright enough to realize that they're used as expendable cannon fodder. Most commanders know the Fists will take out a great many opponents before dying, so they put them up front.

NPC Reaction
    Your a bully. People hate bullies. Even worse you have a hair trigger temper, no self control, and believe you have the Gods given right to kill anything too weak to kill you in return.

FISTS IN THE GAME
    This PrC assumes the player is dumb as a brick, and an obnoxious bastard. make sure the PC knows NPC's are going to treat him as such due to the Fists reputation.
    Adaptation: This is okay for serious or silly campaigns. In serious campaigns they're powerful fanatics, and in silly ones they're dumb jocks with a God fetish.
    Encounters: Fists are usually encountered in raiding parties, some Churches, or at sporting events requiring muscle.

Sample Encounter
    EL 12: The PC's are hired as bodyguards for a famous wrestler at a Pankration tournament. His main opponent is an insane Orc, and it is believed there will be attempts to assassinate either of them before the match takes place.

Raaaa
    CE Male Orc Cleric 2/Barbarian 4/Fist of Baghtru 6
    Init +0, Senses: Listen +3, Spot +3, Dark Vision 60', Light Sensitivity
    Languages Common, Orc
    ------------------------------------------------
    AC , touch , flat-footed ()
    hp 72 (12 HD)
    Fort +13, Ref +3, Will +9
    Trap Sense +1, Uncanny Dodge
    Speed 30 ft. (6 squares)
    Melee
    Base Atk +11, Grp +14
    Atk Options Turn Undead 4/day, Rage 3/day, Divine Rage 2/day, Divine Hammer
    Combat Gear
    Spells Prepared 0: 5/day (DC 13)
    1st: 4/day (DC 14)
    2nd: 3/day (DC 15)
    3rd: 2/day (DC 16)
    -----------------------------------------------
    Abilities Str 16, Dex 10, Con 13, Int 8, Wis 16, Cha 12
    SQ Domains (Evil, Orc), Fast Movement,
    Feats Advanced Purshamarr Style, Instantaneous Rage, Mad Foam Rager, Power Attack, Purshamarr Style, Weapon Focus (Greatclub)(B), Weapon Specialization (Greatclub)(B)
    Skills Climb +6, Concentration +2, Intimidate +13, Jump +6, Knowledge (Religion) +3, Swim +6
    Possessions

EPIC FIST

Hit Die: d8
    Rage The Fist gains an additional Daily use of Rage at Level 24, and every 4 levels after.
    Class Ability
    Bonus Feats: The Epic Fist gains a Bonus Feat every x levels higher than 20th

Purshamarr Style
    You prefer to use the Greatclub as your weapon of choice. This particular style is usually limited to Orcs who have the Strength to wield heavy weapons.
    Prerequisites: BAB +4, Martial Weapon Proficiency (Greatclub), Weapon Focus (Greatclub)
    Benefits: Your Greatclub threatens a Critical on a 19-20, and does x3 damage. This does not stack with other effects improving Critical Threat Range.

Advanced Purshamarr Style
    des
    Prerequisites: BAB +12, Purshamarr Style, Power Attack, Weapon Specialization (Greatclub)
    Benefits: Whenever you successfully confirm a Critical hit with your Greatclub you opponent is also Nauseated one round.

Purshamarr Mastery
    des
    Prerequisites: BAB +24, Advanced Purshamarr Style, Brutal Strike, Melee Weapon Mastery (Bludgeoning)
    Benefits: If you successfully strike an opponent with your Greatclub it must make a Fortitude Save (DC is 10 plus 1/2 HD plus Strength Modifier) or be Sickened and Fatigued for the duration of the encounter.
    Last edited by Bhu; 2010-09-26 at 02:49 AM.
    Orcs and Goblins

4. - Top - End - #1234
    Halfling in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Loving all the home brew here!

5. - Top - End - #1235
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fingerlessfist View Post
    Loving all the home brew here!
    On behalf of the others may I say thank you! Do please leave feedback if you can.

Fists of Baghtru now have fluff.
    Orcs and Goblins

6. - Top - End - #1236
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bhu View Post
    Fists of Baghtru now have fluff.
    Huh, I thought you already a PRC called this, though perhaps I'm confusing it with the Fists of Gruumsh. Just seems strangely familiar...
    Goblin Cannon Crew avatar by Vrythas.
    Spoiler
    Show

Gnome Gun Mage avatar by NEO|Phyte
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletmanalive View Post
    Damn you Cieyrin! Cieyrin!!!!!read as Khaaaaan!

My badges! :D
    My Homebrew
    The Gunslinger's Handbook
    Archetype Combo List!

7. - Top - End - #1237
    Titan in the Playground

You might also b thinking of the Sons of Baghtru. I need to make less dumb brutes I think...
    Last edited by Bhu; 2010-09-14 at 02:04 AM.
    Orcs and Goblins

8. - Top - End - #1238
    Ettin in the Playground

You might also b thinking of the Sons of Baghtru. I need to make less dumb brutes I think...
    Ah, that was it! I knew it looked familiar!
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Archetype Combo List!

9. - Top - End - #1239
    Banned

The other was pretty much how they had it worded in the Deities book so thats what I went with.
    Bandwagons are bad. It's always good to keep things legible and fix what other books probably intended.

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
    Race: Orc
    Patron: Baghtru
    Spells: Must be able to cast Divine Spells and have access to the Strength Domain
    Skills: Intimidate 6 ranks, Knowledge (Religion) 4 ranks
    Rage: Must be able to Rage at least once a day.
    You seem to be laying on the dumb stereotype heavily, so maybe one of the prerequisites should be that upon entering/taking first level (but not necessarily any time after that), you must have, at most, a 4 or 6 base Intelligence score (base, as in unmodified by temporary buffs but can be modified by passive/semi-permanent buffs such as those provided by items).

They could also have low charisma - nobody hardly ever listens to them, so anger and beating people up is essentially a reflex to make people listen to whatever you wanna say.

Heh, maybe 'change attitude through torture' ability (via stockholme syndrome) - but that's probably more of a feat than a specific PrC thing.

----
    I've found that a lot of the PrC's here encourage certain personalities, so they'd probably inevitably encourage very specific PC backgrounds too (hence, ability score prerequisites (since smarter people associate with different people than dumber people), alignment prerequisites, diety prerequisites, etc.).
    Last edited by imp_fireball; 2010-09-14 at 02:28 PM.

10. - Top - End - #1240
    Titan in the Playground

I have a deadline on my online job this weekend, so posting could be sparse till it's done.
    Orcs and Goblins

11. - Top - End - #1241
    Titan in the Playground

Finally got the Fists updated
    Orcs and Goblins

12. - Top - End - #1242
    Titan in the Playground

I have a capstone in mind for the Fists that will help with casting, but for the moment does anyone have thoughts on caster levels?
    Orcs and Goblins

13. - Top - End - #1243
    Ettin in the Playground

I have a capstone in mind for the Fists that will help with casting, but for the moment does anyone have thoughts on caster levels?
    Is there going to be anything for allowing casting during a Rage, as that's a serious block to overcome in combining Raging and casting that the Rage Mage failed horribly at.

Another thing of note is whether you really intended the class to be enterable at ECL 4, as you can probably meet all the prereqs by then with a Barbarian 2/Cleric 1.

As for the actual casting levels, I'd say the class features aren't exactly up enough that full casting would be out of the question. I mean, Divine Rage is nice to have but all it does is give niche immunities that may or may not come up at all. Divine Hammer could be overpowering once the extra dice kick in, though the +1 bit is kinda lackluster, as any meleer by ECL 4 probably has a +1 weapon. I'm not sure how much a limiter the having 'godly blessing in form of bonii' is, as I'm not sure how often that'll show up unless the game is using BoED or BoVD. The bonus feats are okay, though I have no idea why MWP(Greatclub) is on the list, considering you give proficiency at level 1. Not so sure about Melee Weapon Mastery(Bludgeoning), either, since that requires shenanigans to get Weapon Spec(Greatclub), which makes it not likely to come up, I think. The lack of Three Mountains style is dismaying as well.

Them's my 2 coppers. Take as you will.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Archetype Combo List!

14. - Top - End - #1244
    Dwarf in the Playground

Daemon

I've been utterly consumed by RL lately, sorry Bhu

Alas, I'll be having more free time in days to come (today included ), so I'll gladly activate myself on the boards as soon as possible (in about 10-12 hours from now)

P.S. the combat maneuvers are going sweet and this here Bagthru PrC is niceee
    Last edited by Eikonos; 2010-09-22 at 12:28 AM.

15. - Top - End - #1245
    Titan in the Playground

Honestly Cieyrin I hadnt intended them to combine Rage/spells in that way since they have the rep for being retards. I was thinking more buff spell/buff spell/RAWR!

I made some edits hows it look now?
    Orcs and Goblins

16. - Top - End - #1246
    Ettin in the Playground

Honestly Cieyrin I hadnt intended them to combine Rage/spells in that way since they have the rep for being retards. I was thinking more buff spell/buff spell/RAWR!

I made some edits hows it look now?
    If I came off as terse, it's just that I was intent on my reading of the PRC and not on how I worded things.

As for the casting during a rage, that was just my initial thought on how it usually is. If you had no intention for having such happen, then don't worry about it.

As for the changes, the BAB requirement moves you up to entering at ECL 7, which is more standard, i suppose. You could also get away with BAB +4 if you wanted the ideal entrant being ECL 5, as I don't think the current changes make the class any more powerful by being able to enter a level earlier.

Unsunderable greatclub is okay, though I don't know how often sundering usually comes up, since PCs usually get their panties in a bind when loot gets destroyed, making sundering a rather rare thing in many games, except perhaps in the case of hydrae rearing their ugly heads.

The bonus feats are certainly cleaner, though the lack of Three Mountain Style still makes me sad.

I still stand by the class at present wouldn't be hurt by having near full casting, if not full, if only b/c full BAB + full casting is a rarity, though you could probably get away with less, given your previous statement of buff/buff/RAWR would suggest the casting is more afterthought, so going down to half casting probably isn't necessarily a bad idea in terms of what this class is meant to be doing.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Archetype Combo List!

17. - Top - End - #1247
    Titan in the Playground

You didn't come off as terse, and I wasn't offended. If I come across as short it's because my best friend is in the hospital after just having been diagnosed with lymphoma in his intestines. He also happens to be the boss of my online job, which is the only thing keeping me alive at this point, and if he dies it's not only possible I lose one of the best friends I've ever had, it's possible the publishing company may decide they don't need me.

There's also a minor sea of other problems I'm dealing with and quite frankly it's starting to overwhelm me. The only reason I still post is cause I need something to take my mind off stuff.

Worry not about 3 mountain style. The Purshamarr Feats will be there to simulate nifty club abilities
    Orcs and Goblins

18. - Top - End - #1248
    Titan in the Playground

Theoretical ideas for Feats and capstone are up.
    Orcs and Goblins

19. - Top - End - #1249
    Ettin in the Playground

Theoretical ideas for Feats and capstone are up.
    DAMN, Divine Strength is definitely DIVINE. Ye gods...

How does Pursharmarr Style interact with Impact and Improved Crit? Do they stack?

Also, just an observation but I'm not really seeing where the Fist part comes in, considering they're running around clubbing people.

EDIT: Another thing, does Divine Rage at level 7 mean he can Power Attack and ignore the penalties, as that's what it currently implies...
    Last edited by Cieyrin; 2010-09-23 at 02:11 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Archetype Combo List!

20. - Top - End - #1250
    Titan in the Playground

I edited the Feats, they do not stack with other effects

I changed level 7 to read 'involuntary attack roll penalties'

So what do you think about caster levels now?
    Orcs and Goblins

21. - Top - End - #1251
    Titan in the Playground

I'd like to keep this moving so I'm going with half caster levels unless there are objections or anyone wants me to redo the Feats. I still have many requests from Eikonos to finish.

PS I forgot to add they arent called the Fists of Baghtru because they're great unarmed fighters. They called that because they're literally his enforcement in the Prime. If he wants something smashed, they do it.
    Last edited by Bhu; 2010-09-26 at 02:51 AM.
    Orcs and Goblins

22. - Top - End - #1252
    Dwarf in the Playground

Daemon

I'm still lacking sufficient time to write any reasonable responses to your posts Bhu

I still have many requests from Eikonos to finish
    Heck, you make it sound like I'm some kind of taskmaster or worse

Post whatever you like Bhu, EVERYTHING you create is sufficient to make me gape in joy at the screen

(But when you make it to that Hobgoblin Duelist PrC, I'd be grateful for some more Weapon Style feats, maybe a single handed longsword wield, or something )

23. - Top - End - #1253
    Titan in the Playground

PROFESSIONAL DUELIST

[IMG]Picture URL[/IMG]

"Choose your weapon."

Hobgoblin society is a pretty messed up kind of place to be in, as it prizes martial skill above all else. Duels and assassinations are common place to advance in ranks, but they favor the young and limber if too formal. Cue the Professional Duelist. Your job is to take the place of those too old (but still necessary for society to function) to defend themselves in matters of honor. Which basically means you lack much of an sense of honor yourself, and are a paid killer

BECOMING A PROFESSIONAL DUELIST
    How you would normally become a member of this prestige class.

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
    Race: Hobgoblin, but some occasional exceptions are made for other Goblinoids
    Skills: Balance +6, Concentration +6, Martial Lore +6
    Feats: Hjorleikr Style, Weapon Finesse, Weapon Focus (Rapier or Longsword)
    BAB: +6
    Class Abilities: Insightful Strike, Battle Ardor, must know at least 1 Diamond Mind and Ironheart Maneuver

Class Skills
    The Professional Duellist's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Balance (Dex), Bluff (Cha), Concentration (Con), Diplomacy (Cha), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Knowledge (Local)(Int), Martial Lore (Int), Sense Motive (Wis), and Tumble (Dex).
    Skills Points at Each Level : 4 + int

Hit Dice: d10

Code:
       BAB  Fort    Ref    Will  MK  MR  SK  Abilities
    1. +1    +2     +0     +0    1   0   0   Dodge Bonus +2
    2. +2    +3     +0     +0    0   0   0   Adaptive Fighter
    3. +3    +3     +1     +1    1   1   0   Enhanced Critical
    4. +4    +4     +1     +1    0   0   0   Dodge Bonus +4
    5. +5    +4     +1     +1    1   0   1   Adaptive Fighter
    6. +6    +5     +2     +2    0   1   0   Enhanced Critical
    7. +7    +5     +2     +2    1   0   0   Dodge Bonus +6
    8. +8    +6     +2     +2    0   0   0   Adaptive Fighter
    9. +9    +6     +3     +3    1   1   0   Enhanced Critical
    10.+10   +7     +3     +3    0   0   1   Professional Killer
    Weapon Proficiencies: A Professional Duellist gains no new weapon or armor proficiencies.

Maneuvers: At each odd numbered level you learn a new Maneuver from either the Diamond Mind or Ironheart Style if you meet it's prerequisites. Your Professional Duelist and Warblade levels stack for purposes of determining your Initiator Level and highest level of Maneuvers and Stances Known. MK: Maneuvers Known, MR: Maneuvers Readied.

Stances Known: At 5th and 10th Level you learn a new Stance from either the Diamond Mind or Iron Heart Style if you meet the prerequisites.

Dodge Bonus (Ex): When wielding a Light Weapon and wearing no more than Light Armor or carrying more than a Light Load, a Duelist gains a +2 Dodge Bonus to AC. This increases to +4 at level 4, and +6 at Level 7.

Adaptive Fighter (Ex): At 2nd Level the Duelist can wield any one handed melee weapon as though it were a Light Weapon (i.e. it can be used with the Weapon Finesse Feat).

At 5th Level you get a +2 Competence Bonus. As a Free Action once per round you may place the Bonus on either Attack rolls, Damage rolls, or your Armor Class.

At 8th Level you may choose any 1 Maneuver you know.When readied it may be used twice before being considered expended.

Enhanced Critical (Ex): At 3rd Level your successful Critical hits have more powerful effects. Beginning at third level if you successfully confirm a Critical against an opponent, they take an additional point of damage per rounds for a number of rounds equal to your Professional Duelist Level. Multiple hits stack.

At 6th Level if you successfully confirm a Critical against an opponent, the next attack you perform that has a Save DC (for example a Maneuver) is +2 to the Save DC.

At 9th Level if you successfully confirm a Critical against an opponent, you may regain a Maneuver you have already expended.

Professional Killer (Ex): Opponents that are normally immune to Critical hits are not immune to potential Critical hits from you, and you gain a +4 Competence Bonus on all Critical Confirmation rolls.

PLAYING A PROFESSIONAL DUELIST
    You can be a consummate professional, an arrogant pig, or a simple brute. Whatever your outward demeanor that you use to sell your abilities and earn money, you are little more than a hired killer. Unlike most assassins however, you kill opponents one on one in front of an audience.
    Combat: Professional Duelists generally focus on fighting single opponents. This can lead to some disadvantages in large brawls, but most seem to compensate fairly well.
    Advancement: Duelists focus on killing to the exclusion of all else. Not only is it what earns them money it also earns them respect in their society.
    Resources: Most Duelists have several patrons (or perhaps just one really rich one who keeps them on retainer). They provide them with sparring partners to keep in shape, money, and room and board. Some times they splurge for magic weapons or armor if they think you need the edge.

PROFESSIONAL DUELIST IN THE WORLD
    "You have to fight who?!?"
    Duelists are rarely seen in society outside of fights. They make a lot of enemies, and it's preferable no one realizes where they live. This also means they're pretty lonely.
    Daily Life: Your day is spent sparring to keep in shape, and keeping your head low till the next fight. Your food and drink is generally delivered to you, and if you must go out you do so in disguise.
    Notables:
    Organizations: There are a great many swodsmanship schools in Hobgoblin society that teach dueling, and the odds favor you belong to one of them. If you have a single patron, the odds are he has some sort of organization himself.

NPC Reaction
    You make NPC's nervous of course. Most cold blooded murderers do. Especially if you're standing on the other side of the field from them.

PROFESSIONAL DUELIST IN THE GAME
    Some players may be a little squeamish at the idea of playing wit a cold blooded murderer who gets paid to off people
    Adaptation: This is generally intended to be a serious class, but it could be adapted to a sillier campaign.
    Encounters: Professional Duelists are usually encountered at large social events, or traveling incognito.

Sample Encounter
    EL 13: One of the PC's is asked to escort a Duelist en route to a fight, as it is assumed there will be attempts on his life. They find it ironic that they are being asked to escort a psychotic killer easily capable of defending himself. Or maybe there's something they don't know...

Name
    LN Male Hobgoblin Swashbuckler 3/Warblade 3/Professional Duelist 6
    Init +4, Senses: Listen +0, Spot +0, Dark Vision 60'
    Languages Common, Goblin, Giant Orc
    AC , touch , flat-footed (+4 Dex, +4 Dodge, )
    hp 81 (12 HD)
    Fort +12, Ref +11, Will +4
    Grace +1, Battle Clarity +2, Uncanny Dodge
    Speed 30 ft. (6 squares)
    Melee
    Base Atk +12, Grp +13
    Atk Options Insightful Strike +2, Weapon Aptitude, Battle Ardor +2, Adaptive Fighter, Enhanced Critical
    Combat Gear
    Stances Known 1st: Stance of Clarity
    3rd: Pearl of Black Doubt
    Maneuvers Known 1st: Moment of Perfect Mind, Sapphire Nightmare Blade
    2nd: Emerald Razor, Wall of Blades
    3rd: Iron Heart Surge
    4th: Ruby Nightmare Blade
    -----------------------------------------------
    Abilities Str 12, Dex 18, Con 12, Int 14, Wis 10, Cha 13
    SQ
    Feats Blade Meditation (Diamond Mind, Ironheart), Hjorleikr Style, Weapon Focus (Rapier), Weapon Finesse (B)
    Skills Balance +19, Bluff +10, Concentration +16, Diplomacy +7, Intimidate +12, Martial Lore +8, Move Silently +8, Sense Motive +9, Tumble +16
    Possessions

EPIC PROFESSIONAL DUELIST

Hit Die: d10
    Dodge Bonus Your Dodge Bonus increases by an additional +2 at Level 21 and every three Levels thereafter
    Bonus Feats: The Epic Professional Duelist gains a Bonus Feat every x levels higher than 20th

Hjorleikr Style
    des
    Prerequisites: BAB +4, Weapon Finesse, Weapon Focus (Rapier or Longsword)
    Benefits: If you successfully confirm a Critical against an opponent with a Rapier or Longsword, you have a +2 Morale Bonus on Attack rolls against him for the duration of the encounter.

Advanced Hjorleikr Style
    des
    Prerequisites: BAB +12, Hjorleikr Style, Improved Critical (Rapier or Longsword), Improved Initiative
    Benefits: If you successfully confirm a Critical against an opponent with a Rapier or Longsword, he is considered Flat-footed the next round.

Hjorleikr Mastery
    des
    Prerequisites: BAB +24, Advanced Hjorleikr Style, Power Critical (Rapier or Longsword), Weapon Specialization (Rapier or Longsword)
    Benefits: If you successfully confirm a Critical against an opponent with a Rapier or Longsword, he takes 1 point of temporary Constitution damage in addition to normal critical effects.
    Last edited by Bhu; 2010-10-08 at 12:25 AM.
    Orcs and Goblins

24. - Top - End - #1254
    Titan in the Playground

Would you guys prefer a Swashbuckler Hobgoblin, or a Fighter or a Warblade?
    Orcs and Goblins

25. - Top - End - #1255
    Ettin in the Playground

Would you guys prefer a Swashbuckler Hobgoblin, or a Fighter or a Warblade?
    Sounds more Swash to me, though a Warblade could work well, too, if focusing on Diamond Mind.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Archetype Combo List!

26. - Top - End - #1256
    Ogre in the Playground

Why not a Swashbuckler/Diamond Mind Warblade hybrid?

27. - Top - End - #1257
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    Why not a Swashbuckler/Diamond Mind Warblade hybrid?
    I was kind of hoping not to overcomplicate it. With only 6 levels to play with, why be a Swashbuckler 2/Warblade 4 when you can be Warblade 6?

Also, if any of you peek at the front page list, you will notice an Orc Binder class by Unosarta linked at the bottom.
    Orcs and Goblins

28. - Top - End - #1258
    Ettin in the Playground

I was kind of hoping not to overcomplicate it. With only 6 levels to play with, why be a Swashbuckler 2/Warblade 4 when you can be Warblade 6?
    Why bother with only 2 Swashbuckler levels when Insightful Strike is at level 3, more like?
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Archetype Combo List!

29. - Top - End - #1259
    Titan in the Playground

So would you guys like the Swash 3/Warblade 3 then? If you want me to give it a shot i will
    Orcs and Goblins

30. - Top - End - #1260
    Dwarf in the Playground

Daemon

Could be interesting, hell it definitely would be

A' been drinkin' all night with my friend and now I'm undergoing a very rapid recovery for my afternoon session...blehhh...
    Last edited by Eikonos; 2010-10-03 at 08:27 AM.