New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 21363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 1475
  1. - Top - End - #1351
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Any Orc/Goblinoid Fans??

Modified the Improved Hexblades Curse. What kind of caster progression were you thinking if we give this thing one?
    Revised avatar by Trixie, New avvie by Crisis21!
    Mah Fluffy Death Critters
    Orcs and Goblins
    Behold the Power of Kitteh!
    Backup threads available here

2. - Top - End - #1352
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bhu View Post
    Modified the Improved Hexblades Curse. What kind of caster progression were you thinking if we give this thing one?
    Given to me an optimal entry looks to be Hexblade 4/Rogue 3 or so, I'd say at least half-casting, though I'm not sure what that'd do for them, given they're already half-casters and I don't have that book with me right now.

Btb, your example character couldn't get in if they wanted to, since they don't meet the BAB +6 requirement.
    Goblin Cannon Crew avatar by Vrythas.
    Spoiler
    Show

Gnome Gun Mage avatar by NEO|Phyte
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletmanalive View Post
    Damn you Cieyrin! Cieyrin!!!!!read as Khaaaaan!

My badges! :D
    My Homebrew
    The Gunslinger's Handbook
    Archetype Combo List!

3. - Top - End - #1353
    Titan in the Playground

They really dont get much until they can cast 4th level spells which is fairly late. I fixed the BAB requirement

Rational Goblin, do you have a pantheon of deities yet?

BLOOD PRIEST

[IMG]Picture URL[/IMG]

"The Blood is the Life."

Blood Priests are the elite clergy of Itzil, and Orcish God of war and slaughter. They sacrifice prisoners of war to him in exchange for greater power.

BECOMING A BLOOD PRIEST
    Blood Priests begin as Clerics of Itzil and if they survive training and are accepted by the other Blood Priests they may join their ranks.

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
    Domains: Must have access to at least one of the following Domains: Destruction, Strength, War
    Patron: Must have Itzil as a Patron.
    Feats: Divine Cleansing, Divine Spell Power (see Complete Warrior and Complete Divine)
    Skills: Concentration 4 ranks, Heal 4 ranks, Knowledge (Religion) 4 ranks
    Race: Orc

Class Skills
    The Blood Priest's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Heal (Wis), Knowledge (Arcana, History, Religion) (Int), and Spellcraft (Int).
    Skills Points at Each Level : 2 + int

Hit Dice: d8

Code:
       BAB  Fort    Ref    Will  Abilities
    1. +0    +2     +0     +2    Blood Sacrifice
    2. +1    +3     +0     +3    Self Sacrifice, +1 Level of Divine Casting Class
    3. +2    +3     +1     +3    Food of the Gods, +1 Level of Divine Casting Class
    4. +3    +4     +1     +4    Blood Sacrifice, +1 Level of Divine Casting Class
    5. +3    +4     +1     +4    Self Sacrifice, +1 Level of Divine Casting Class
    6. +4    +5     +2     +5    Food of the Gods
    7. +5    +5     +2     +5    Blood Sacrifice, +1 Level of Divine Casting Class
    8. +6    +6     +2     +6    Self Sacrifice, +1 Level of Divine Casting Class
    9. +6    +6     +3     +6    Food of the Gods, +1 Level of Divine Casting Class
    10.+7    +7     +3     +7    High Priest, +1 Level of Divine Casting Class
    Weapon Proficiencies: A Blood Priest gains no new weapon or armor proficiencies.

Blood Sacrifice (Su): At 1st Level if you successfully kill an opponent and dedicate his death to your God (i.e. coup de grace a helpless victim or an opponent), the Save DC of your spells is increased by +2 for 24 hours. Multiple sacrifices via this ability do not stack, but can increase the duration. For example killing 5 victims wont increase the Save DC to +10, but it will last for 5 days. To qualify as worthy of sacrifice the victim must have class levels in a PC class or more than 2 Hit Dice.

At 4th Level you also increase your caster level by +2 for the same period of time.

At 7th Level you may also cast a spell with a Metamagic Feat without increasing the spell level a number of times equal to your Wisdom Modifier within that same 24 hours.

Self Sacrifice (Su): At 2nd Level the Blood Priest can voluntarily lose hit points to make a spell or attack more damaging. As a Move equivalent action he can sacrifice 10 hit points to do maximum damage with the next attack or damaging spell that is successful.

At 5th Level he can also use this ability to automatically threaten a critical as well. If he sacrifices 20 hp he can do maximum damage and a critical.

At 8th Level he can sacrifice 10 hp in a similar manner, and his opponent gets no Saving Throw against the next spell he casts.

Food of the Gods (Su): At 3rd Level if you successfully kill an opponent and dedicate his death to your God (i.e. coup de grace a helpless victim or an opponent), your deity devours his soul and he cannot be resurrected. Using this ability stacks with Blood Sacrifice.

At 6th Level your God also rewards you. You may now cast Resurrection once within the next 24 hours without the material or XP components. This particular ability does not stack with Blood Sacrifice.

At 9th Level you gain one additional spell per day, but you can only access it if you sacrifice an opponent in the usual manner. You can use it for any spell of any level on your spell list. or any spell from another spell list at least 2 levels lower than the maximum spell level you can cast (i.e. if you can cast 6th level Cleric spells, you can cast a spell of 4th level or lower from any other list).

High Priest (Su): Your Domain spells are now part of your Cleric spell list if they weren't already. Your type changes to Outsider with the Orc and Native Subtypes. You become immune to Wounding and similar abilities that cause continued hit point loss due to bleeding, and you automatically stabilize when below 0 hit points.

PLAYING A BLOOD PRIEST
    Itzil demands sacrifice, and sacrifice he will be given. Obviously it's preferable if those sacrifices aren't Orcs since they are needed to carry out the eternal war against the other humanoids, so prisoners of war are sacrificed along with slaves. And the God is hungry so many prisoners must be taken...
    Combat: Blood Priests generally prefer to sit at the back ranks of battles helping with their magic. They are considered too important to risk losing in casual fights, so they tend to join in the melee only if it's necessary, or their God demands, or if the battle is too important to lose.
    Advancement: Itzil and his priesthood are both fairly strict so once one becomes a part of it their future is pretty much decided for them.
    Resources: Blood Priests have access to the Church's resources when on missions for them, which are not bad considering they have almost total control of Orc society. Priests asking to use those resources had better be successful however.

BLOOD PRIESTS IN THE WORLD
    "Sometimes I don't think Itzil is hungry so much as those bastards just enjoy killing people."
    Blood Priests are feared and hated, even by their own people. They decide who lives and who dies after all. If they want they can claim anyone for sacrifice to the God. If any form of trouble or problem is made known to them, sacrifice is their preferred means of solving it, so no one really bothers to trouble them unless they are absolutely desperate.
    Daily Life: Much of your daily life is taken up by religious observances and chores, including the many sacrifices needed by your God. There are also battles, and training.
    Notables: Tecuixin (CE Male Orc Cleric 6/Blood Priest 6) is a bloodthirsty lunatic hellbent on sacrificing just about everything in his path to Itzil.
    Organizations: The Blood Priests are their own Organization, being the upper hierarchy of the clergy of Itzil. They have enough power to order the death of the leader of the Orcish nation if need be.

NPC Reaction
    NPC's fear and hate you even more than most Orcs given your reputation. Even other Orcs pretty much consider you a necessary evil (the accent there being on evil).

BLOOD PRIESTS IN THE GAME
    This PrC assumes you are playing an Evil PC, and that the other PC's are likely going to be Evil Orcs as well. Which kinds of limits it's use amongst players...
    Adaptation: This is definitely meant for a serious, grim, messed up campaign.
    Encounters: Blood Priests can be encountered when the Orcs have gone to war, or making sacrifices on the field just after. Otherwise they will have to be tracked down to their temple strongholds if one wishes to contact them.

Sample Encounter
    EL 12: The local Orcs seem unusually bloodthirsty, and as they are foreigners (and therefore expendable) the PC's have been volunteered to go rescue kidnap victims who are intended for sacrifice. If they win they get paid, If they lose...well they also probably get sacrificed.

Tecuixin
    CE Male Orc Cleric 6/Blood Priest 6
    Init +0, Senses: Listen +3, Spot +3, Dark Vision 60', Light Sensitivity
    Languages Common, Orc
    ------------------------------------------------
    AC , touch , flat-footed ()
    hp 66 (12 HD)
    Fort +11, Ref +4, Will +13
    ------------------------------------------------
    Speed 30 ft. (6 squares)
    Melee
    Base Atk +8, Grp +9
    Atk Options Rebuke Undead 4/day
    Combat Gear
    Spells Per Day 0: 6 (DC 13)
    1st: 5 (DC 14)
    2nd: 5 (DC 15)
    3rd: 4 (DC 16)
    4th: 3 (DC 17)
    5th: 2 (DC 18)
    Caster Level 10th
    -----------------------------------------------
    Abilities Str 12, Dex 10, Con 12, Int 11, Wis 16, Cha 12
    SQ Domains (Strength, War), Blood Sacrifice, Self Sacrifice, Food of the Gods
    Feats Divine Cleansing, Divine Spell Power, Extra Turning, Improved Blood Sacrifice, Improved Self Sacrifice
    Skills Concentration +6, Heal +6, Knowledge (Arcana, History, Religion) +4, Spellcraft +6
    Possessions

EPIC BLOOD PRIEST

Hit Die: d8
    Skills Points at Each Level : 2 + int
    Spells Your caster Level continues to improve with Epic Levels, but you do not gain extra spells per day.
    Bonus Feats: The Epic Blood Priest gains a Bonus Feat every 3 levels higher than 20th

Improved Blood Sacrifice
    You may now sacrifice others to help your Allies as opposed to yourself.
    Prerequisites: Blood Sacrifice, Wisdom 15+
    Benefits: You may now use your Blood Sacrifice ability to enhance an Ally within 30' as opposed to yourself. You may do this to one Ally at a time, but you can do it at will.

Improved Self Sacrifice
    You may now sacrifice others to help your Allies as opposed to yourself.
    Prerequisites: Self Sacrifice, Wisdom 15+
    Benefits: You may now use your Self Sacrifice ability to enhance an Ally within 30' as opposed to yourself. You may do this to one Ally at a time.
    Last edited by Bhu; 2011-01-06 at 02:06 AM.
    Orcs and Goblins

4. - Top - End - #1354
    Bugbear in the Playground

I've got Itzil, Orcish God of Sacrifice. Think a cross between Kord, St. Cuthbert, Hextor, and Grummush, with a focus on blood spilled in combat.

Not much other than that, but just go with Itzil for now, if you please.
    Rational Goblin Avatar by C-Lam. Thanks!

Ixtlan, World of Exploration, my campaign setting. Currently on hiatus.

5. - Top - End - #1355
    Titan in the Playground

Have you decided on Domains?
    Orcs and Goblins

6. - Top - End - #1356

Have you decided on Domains?
    How about the Destruction, Strength, and War domains?

7. - Top - End - #1357
    Titan in the Playground

Okay I got the chassis and most of the prerequisites up. Anything you'd like changed/added?
    Orcs and Goblins

8. - Top - End - #1358

Okay I got the chassis and most of the prerequisites up. Anything you'd like changed/added?
    Nope. Go hog-wild. All I want are some "take HP from yourself to power an offensive ability" and "Take HP from others to power defensive/healing/whatever ability"-type special powers.

9. - Top - End - #1359
    Titan in the Playground

Fluff is up, got the powers named, will have them up tomorrow hopefully.
    Orcs and Goblins

10. - Top - End - #1360

Oooh, I like it so far. Very nice, and exactly what I was going for in terms of fluff. Thank you!

11. - Top - End - #1361
    Titan in the Playground

Do you like Blood Sacrifice as written?
    Orcs and Goblins

12. - Top - End - #1362
    Ettin in the Playground

Do you like Blood Sacrifice as written?
    Does that stack, as I'm sure you could round up a small village and cast some ridiculous spells from your blood-overpowered spells. I'd probably have it effect your next spell only.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Archetype Combo List!

13. - Top - End - #1363
    Titan in the Playground

I tweaked blood sacrifice and added the self sacrifice ability.
    Orcs and Goblins

14. - Top - End - #1364
    Titan in the Playground

Sorry for the slow updating. I got offered a contract job online, and I need to get it out real quick. I should have the PRC done byt the weekend.
    Orcs and Goblins

15. - Top - End - #1365
    Titan in the Playground

Food of the Gods is now up for review.
    Orcs and Goblins

16. - Top - End - #1366

Excellent! I do like the "destroy/injure something" dynamic you've created with the Blood Priest, and the work you've done so far is phenomenal.

17. - Top - End - #1367
    Titan in the Playground

Okay the Priest is pretty much done now except for a capstone and caster levels. Anything else you'd like it to do as a cap RG?
    Orcs and Goblins

18. - Top - End - #1368
    Ettin in the Playground

Still seems on the overpowering side to me, since you can grab any mook of the street to power your abilities, back to sacrificing small village to keep you powered up all the time or at least long enough so that it won't matter when your downtime comes along.

I'd put in something equating HD to power so your not just hunting down kobold and goblin villages to harvest.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Archetype Combo List!

19. - Top - End - #1369
    Titan in the Playground

equating HD to power as in they have to be a certain HD to be of value for the ability, or the power level scales with HD?
    Orcs and Goblins

20. - Top - End - #1370
    Ettin in the Playground

equating HD to power as in they have to be a certain HD to be of value for the ability, or the power level scales with HD?
    The first, though perhaps linked to spell level, so you can use weak creatures to empower weak spells and stronger creatures can empower that much more powerful spells.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Archetype Combo List!

21. - Top - End - #1371
    Titan in the Playground

I could make the prerequisite "must have levels in a PC class' but that might be too limiting
    Orcs and Goblins

22. - Top - End - #1372

I could make the prerequisite "must have levels in a PC class' but that might be too limiting
    Must have levels in a PC OR a certain amount of HD would probably be the best route.

23. - Top - End - #1373
    Titan in the Playground

OK how does it look now?
    Orcs and Goblins

24. - Top - End - #1374
    Titan in the Playground

The capstone is up, just need to decide on caster levels. I was gonna go close to full.
    Orcs and Goblins

25. - Top - End - #1375
    Ettin in the Playground

The capstone is up, just need to decide on caster levels. I was gonna go close to full.
    Looks good. One thing on High Priest is that you should say you auto-stabilize, as opposed to saying you don't need to roll, as it currently is kinda ambiguous about whether you bleed out or not.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Archetype Combo List!

26. - Top - End - #1376
    Titan in the Playground

Fixed. 8 caster levels sound good?
    Orcs and Goblins

27. - Top - End - #1377
    Ettin in the Playground

Fixed. 8 caster levels sound good?
    1st and 6th levels being caster level less seems about right.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Archetype Combo List!

28. - Top - End - #1378
    Titan in the Playground

Okay RG I got the last tweaks done. Do you like it as is?
    Orcs and Goblins

29. - Top - End - #1379

I like it a lot, thanks!

I'm extremely grateful that you took the time to fulfill my request, and the blood priest class looks very effective for it's theme.

Excellent work.

30. - Top - End - #1380
    Titan in the Playground

Any more requests before I get to the next item on the list?
    Orcs and Goblins