New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Any Orc/Goblinoid Fans??

Awesome. I've checked all the edited/updated classes and they look great. I don't know how much you changed them but they read quite well.

Anyway, I'm lookin' for ideas for another PrC. Anyone got any ideas for me?

Also, Bhu, afroakuma has started a new thread to archive the homebrew on the Gitp forums. Want to submit our thread or PrC's individually so they can get put in it?
    Last edited by watsyurname529; 2009-01-04 at 11:45 AM.

2. - Top - End - #512
    Titan in the Playground

Where's his thread at? Is it in the homebrew forums?

Edit: Never mind, found it

You mentioned wanting to do a debuffer. How about some sort of lone goblin swamp witch that curses people for a living. You could base it off dread necromancer or hexblade or something
    Last edited by Bhu; 2009-01-04 at 08:19 PM.
    Revised avatar by Trixie, New avvie by Crisis21!
    Mah Fluffy Death Critters
    Orcs and Goblins
    Behold the Power of Kitteh!
    Backup threads available here

3. - Top - End - #513
    Titan in the Playground

I updated feral psychic a lil. Think enhance body is too powaful?
    Orcs and Goblins

4. - Top - End - #514
    Ettin in the Playground

For Feral Psychic, they're gonna end up kinda underpowered if they have no Manifester level advancement, as that seems to be the lynchpin to many of their abilities in the ability to spend power points to enhance various abilities.

That said, I'd probably do half manifester, given how much they have going for them in terms of abilities.

Also, for Psychic Combat, how about those Feral Psychics that are pure Psychic Warrior, who didn't dip into any of the mentioned classes to get an extra ability? I think it's a little silly to force them to spend one level just to take advantage of one of the PRC's class abilities.

Them's be my 2 coppers. Take as you will.
    Goblin Cannon Crew avatar by Vrythas.
    Spoiler
    Show

Gnome Gun Mage avatar by NEO|Phyte
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletmanalive View Post
    Damn you Cieyrin! Cieyrin!!!!!read as Khaaaaan!

My badges! :D
    My Homebrew
    The Gunslinger's Handbook
    Archetype Combo List!

5. - Top - End - #515
    Titan in the Playground

Im waiting till I get all the abilities up before doing Manifester Levels. I got the first of the Psionic COmbat Styles up.
    Orcs and Goblins

6. - Top - End - #516
    Titan in the Playground

Pain Manifester updated.
    Orcs and Goblins

7. - Top - End - #517
    Titan in the Playground

Updated the Soulless and the Feral Psychic
    Orcs and Goblins

8. - Top - End - #518
    Ettin in the Playground

For the Feral Psychic's feat enhancement, I would say that the Psionic Fist/Shot/Weapon feat, either they only get 6d6 w/ the greater feat or (the slightly more powerful version) increase damage by 2d6 w/ the version you have, as it currently makes teh greater version moot if you can go from 2d6 to 6d6 w/ the lesser version.

Actually, i think a good way to make it is 3d6 w/ the lesser and 6d6 w/ the greater. An enhancement either way but improved if you take the greater version.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Archetype Combo List!

9. - Top - End - #519
    Titan in the Playground

I tweaked those, and did the rest of the Feats. Got some of the enhancement powers up too.
    Orcs and Goblins

10. - Top - End - #520
    Ettin in the Playground

Enhance Damage doesn't make sense to me for the fact it can grant you Improved Unarmed Strike when it's required to get into the class. Also, is there some different effect if you already have Weapon Focus w/ the weapon you're currently using?

As for the damage change, are we basing this off of the Medium creature normal unarmed damage? What if the Feral Psychic is small (like if I was a Blue Psychic Warrior going into Feral Psychic) or some other crazy combo (Druid/Psychic Warrior/Pine Bender/Feral Psychic comes to mind, crazy as that is @_@) so that they're Large or bigger a lot of the time? I'd simplify it to just changing the weapon size, which'll work for both unarmed strikes AND weapons, like the Mighty Wallop and Greater Mighty Wallop spells from Races of the Dragon, though not restricted to just bludgeoning weapons.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Archetype Combo List!

11. - Top - End - #521
    Titan in the Playground

The power point cost for the extra damage was based off what similar psionic powers cost. It's added to the base damage of the weapon or unarmed strike. I'm tweaking the text now.

I'm also adding the rest of the abilities. Lemme know what you think. I'll be pondering how many Manifester levels it loses in teh meantime.
    Last edited by Bhu; 2009-01-09 at 03:48 AM.
    Orcs and Goblins

12. - Top - End - #522
    Ettin in the Playground

The Enhance Toughness ability has a little confusion about whether it's a power or spell.

For Psychic Combat, what option is there for those who don't have either of those 3 abilities, for the pure Psychic Warrior taking Feral Psychic? If you really want them to take one of those abilities, you need to the requirements to get into the class that they need one of those abilities.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Archetype Combo List!

13. - Top - End - #523
    Titan in the Playground

I added a new Psychic Combat form for non multiclassers. Whats the confusion about Enhance Toughness?
    Orcs and Goblins

14. - Top - End - #524
    Titan in the Playground

I was thinking it loses maybe 4 levels manifesting? 5? But maybe keeps them in terms of power points.
    Orcs and Goblins

15. - Top - End - #525
    Titan in the Playground

Okay I added the notes on Manifester levels and Im working up a capstone now. Whaddya think of the current idea for levels?
    Orcs and Goblins

16. - Top - End - #526
    Titan in the Playground

Theoretically the Feral Psychic is done except the example PrC. I shall await feedback before moving on.
    Orcs and Goblins

17. - Top - End - #527
    Titan in the Playground

AZURE MASTER

"Size matters not."

Azure Masters are a select handful of Blue Goblin Psions who have mastered the art of Telepathy. They direct their fellow Goblins in various battles to increase what they claim will be the ascension of the Goblin race, but what is actually their own attempt to rise to power.

BECOMING AN AZURE MASTER
    With their need for Telepathic abilities the Azure Masters are usually Psions or Erudites, or a similar Psionic Class with the Expanded Knowledge Feat.

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
    Race: Blue
    Psionics: Manifester Level 6th, and must be able to Manifest Escape Detection, and False Sensory Input
    Skills: Autohypnosis 4 ranks, Concentration 8 ranks
    Feats: Combat Manifestation, Narrow Mind, Psionic Meditation

Class Skills
    The Azure Master's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Autohypnosis (Wis), Bluff (Cha), Concentration (Con), Gather Information (Cha), Intimidate (Cha), Knowledge (Local, Psionics)(Int), Psicraft (Int), and Sense Motive (Wis).
    Skills Points at Each Level : 2 + int

Hit Dice: d4

Code:
       BAB  Fort    Ref    Will  Abilities
    1. +0    +0     +0     +2    Mark, Telepathy, +1 Level of Existing manifesting Class
    2. +1    +0     +0     +3    Scrying, +1 Level of Existing manifesting Class
    3. +1    +1     +1     +3    +1 Level of Existing manifesting Class
    4. +2    +1     +1     +4    Telepathy, +1 Level of Existing manifesting Class
    5. +2    +1     +1     +4    Scrying, +1 Level of Existing manifesting Class
    6. +3    +2     +2     +5    +1 Level of Existing manifesting Class
    7. +3    +2     +2     +5    Telepathy, +1 Level of Existing manifesting Class
    8. +4    +2     +2     +6    Scrying, +1 Level of Existing manifesting Class
    9. +4    +3     +3     +6    +1 Level of Existing manifesting Class
    10.+5    +3     +3     +7    Unseen Master, +1 Level of Existing manifesting Class
    Weapon Proficiencies: An Azure Master gains no new weapon or armor proficiencies.

Mark (Su): You may "mark" an individual within range of your telepathy as a Standard Action by expending your Psionic Focus. The maximum number of individuals you have Marked at any one time is equal to your Intelligence modifier. You may use your powers on a Marked individual even if he is not within range (but as long as he is on the same Plane) by spending an extra 5 power points. You may also use him to see through by casting any scrying type powers (such as Remote Viewing) through them for an extra 5 power points.

Telepathy (Ps): At 1st level you gain Telepathy (see MM page 316) with a range of 100', and you can use Forced Sense Link, and Read Thoughts 3 times per day as a Psilike Ability (Manifester Level is equal to your normal Manifester Level).

At 4th level your Telepathy increases to a range of 1000', and you can use Mind Probe and Shatter Mind Blank 3 times per day as a Psilike Ability.

At 7th level your Telepathy increases to a range of 1 mile, and you can Manifest Co-opt Concentration once per day as a Psilike ability.

Scrying (Ps): You begin to gain new powers due to study at second level. At second level you gain the ability to Manifest Remote Viewing.

At 5th level you gain the ability to Manifest Greater Precognition.

At 8th level you gain the ability to Manifest Hypercognition.

Unseen Master (Su): You are now permanently invisible (as per the spell). If you attack someone or use a power upon them you become visible to them, and cannot shield yourself from their view again until you spend a Standard action doing so. If you become visible to 3 or more individuals this ability shuts off for the rest of the encounter or until you take a Full Round Action to restore it.

PLAYING AN AZURE MASTER
    Subtlety is the key. Your powers let you communicate mentally with others without even having to ever see them. You can run an entire business/tribe with no one knowing who you are. Which is good. With all the acts of evil you've ordered, it's probably best no one ever finds you.
    Combat: You don't fight. Period. Fighting means exposing yourself to the world, and they will know who you are. Minions can take care of your fighting for you.
    Advancement: The goal of the Masters is power. They will do whatever is necessary to accumulate wealth and more people under their domain. While this generally means more powerful psionic abilities, some of them do go in more political directions.
    Resources: If they're a tribal leader the Azure Master has his tribe's resources at his disposal. If he's the leader of a criminal organization he has them. Few Masters don't have something at their call.

AZURE MASTERS IN THE WORLD
    "Leave those men alone son. It's not worth your life to cross them or their boss."
    You interact through the world with telepathic messages, and bullying minions you hire to do your work for you. If you're lucky no one will ever see your face or learn your identity.
    Daily Life: You have an organization to run, and powers to research. There is no time for adventuring, you usually hire people to do that for you (i.e. this tends to be an NPC class).
    Notables: Cerul (NE Male Blue Psion 6/Azure Master 6) is the head of a Thieve's Guild. Ruling his city with an iron fist, almost everyone knows his name, but nobody has ever seen him. Rumor has it his orders just appear in people's minds.
    Organizations: Most Azure Masters are the head of their own organization. Most of the time this will be a goblinoid tribe raiding civilized people's, or a criminal organization ruling a city from behind the scenes.

NPC Reaction
    NPC's are usually terrified of the Azure master's organization, they usually haven't ever seen him, nor do they know who he is.

AZURE MASTERS IN THE GAME
    If your players aren't any more intuitive than "I kick down the door and whack what's behind it", your campaign doesn't need this class. They'll never figure out who the Azure Master is, let alone confront him.
    Adaptation: Azure Masters will usually be the secret heads of criminal organizations, or tribal leaders who are powers behind the thrones.
    Encounters: PC's will usually not encounter an Azure Master, they will encounter their minions. It will take a great deal of work to find out who is behind the various thugs that seem to always know where they are...

Sample Encounter
    EL 12: The PC's have just come into town, and immediately realize somethings wrong. Very wrong. People seem frightened of strangers. And the man they're supposed to deliver a package too is apparently feared by everyone. Whenever they ask for Cerul, people lose it and run away. Except for the local thugs who get pushy and ask what the hell they think they're doing. Leaving town suddenly seems like a good idea.

Cerul
    NE Male Blue Psion 6/Azure Master 6
    Init +1, Senses: Listen +2, Spot +2, Dark Vision 60'
    Languages Common, Goblin, Draconic, Elven, Giant, Gnoll, Orc
    ------------------------------------------------
    AC 20, touch 14, flat-footed 19 (+1 Size, +1 Dex, +2 Deflection, +6 Armor)
    hp 42 (12 HD)
    Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +12 (+16 w/Mask)
    Speed 30 ft. (6 squares)
    Melee Weapon +7/+2
    Base Atk +6, Grp +1
    Combat Gear 2 Potions of Cure Serious Wounds
    Powers Known 1st: Detect Psionics, Empathy, Mindlink, Missive, Psionic Charm
    2nd: Cloud Mind, Mass Missive, Psionic Suggestion, Read Thoughts
    3rd: Cerebral Phantasm, Dispel Psionics, Escape Detection, False Sensory Input, Mind Trap
    4th: Implanted Suggestion, Mindwipe, Psionic Dominate, Psionic Modify Memory, Remote Viewing
    5th: Ethereal Agent, Mind Probe, Psionic True Seeing, Psychic Crush
    6th: Greater Precognition, Mass Cloud Mind, Mind Switch, Psychometry

Manifester Level 12, Power Points 156

Psilike Abilities Forced Sense Link, Mind Probe, Read Thoughts, Shatter Mind Blank 3/day
    -----------------------------------------------
    Abilities Str 8, Dex 13, Con 12, Int 20, Wis 14, Cha 6
    SQ Discipline (Telepath), Telepathy 1000'
    Feats Combat Manifestation, Greater Power Penetration, Narrow Mind, Power Penetration, Psionic Meditation, Burrowing Power (B), Expanded Knowledge (Escape Detection) (B)
    Skills Autohypnosis +16, Concentration +15, Diplomacy +8, Gather Information +8, Intimidate +8, Knowledge (Local, Psionics) +17, Move Silently +5, Psicraft +15, Ride +5, Sense Motive +12
    Possessions Crystal Mask of Mindarmor, Ring of Invisibility, +6 Bracers of Armor, +2 Ring of Deflection, Scry Shroud, 2 Potions of Cure Serious Wounds, 500 GP

EPIC AZURE MASTER

Hit Die: d4
    Skills Points at Each Level : 2 + int
    Powers The Azure Master gains no more power points after 20th level. It gains a new power every 2 levels of any level it can Manifest. Manifester level is equal to character level.
    Bonus Feats: The Epic Azure Master gains a Bonus Feat every 3 levels higher than 20th
    Last edited by Bhu; 2009-02-24 at 05:25 AM.
    Orcs and Goblins

18. - Top - End - #528
    Titan in the Playground

Updated Eldritch Berserker
    Orcs and Goblins

19. - Top - End - #529
    Titan in the Playground

minor update to Azure Master, will be updating Juicer soon
    Orcs and Goblins

20. - Top - End - #530
    Titan in the Playground

Okay the Juicer has Epic levels now, and the Azure Masters fluff is done.
    Orcs and Goblins

21. - Top - End - #531
    Halfling in the Playground

GOBLIN KIDNAPPER

"Want some candy? I have all sorts of treats, you can trust me..."

The races of man and elf, dwarf and halfling, the big and the small all have one underlying thing in common. All the myriad of sub races and cultures across all of time have had one thing in common. From the noblest bloodlines to the scamps on the street, all have heard tales of things that go bump in the night. From the deepest dwarven halls to the most remote outposts of civilization, children speak of things in the dark. Monsters in closets that vanish into thin air, creatures under the bed waiting to grab little feet and pull them into the clutches of some unspeakable horror. Many names are given to these demons of the dark. These are the goblin kidnappers.

Infiltration, manipulation, misdirection, sabotage, and espionage are the bread and butter of a goblin kidnappers life. By playing upon the fears and dreams of children, a goblin kidnapper is able to hide behind the stories of things in the night. Other kidnappers make themselves into imaginary friends for the children, gaining their trust and love. Some children are taken for food, others for valuable ransoms. Some children, it is rumored, are not taken for food or politics, they are taken by powerful kidnappers who use magic and torture to warp the children body and mind into horrifying monsters.

BECOMING A GOBLIN KIDNAPPER
    How you would normally become a member of this prestige class.

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
    To qualify to become a Goblin Kidnapper, a character must fulfill all the following criteria:
    Race:
    Base Attack Bonus:
    Skills:
    Feats:
    Spells:
    Spellcasting:
    Alignment:
    Language:
    Weapon Proficiency:
    Special:

Class Skills
    The Class Name's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are....
    Skills Points at Each Level: x + int

Hit Dice: dx

{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|
    +x
    |
    +x
    |
    +x
    |
    +x
    |Class Ability

2nd|
    +x
    |
    +x
    |
    +x
    |
    +x
    |Class Ability

3rd|
    +x
    |
    +x
    |
    +x
    |
    +x
    |Class Ability

4th|
    +x
    |
    +x
    |
    +x
    |
    +x
    |Class Ability

5th|
    +x
    |
    +x
    |
    +x
    |
    +x
    |Class Ability

6th|
    +x
    |
    +x
    |
    +x
    |
    +x
    |Class Ability

7th|
    +x
    |
    +x
    |
    +x
    |
    +x
    |Class Ability

8th|
    +x
    |
    +x
    |
    +x
    |
    +x
    |Class Ability

9th|
    +x
    |
    +x
    |
    +x
    |
    +x
    |Class Ability

10th|
    +x
    |
    +x
    |
    +x
    |
    +x
    |Class Ability[/table]

Weapon Proficiencies: A place to put the different proficiencies.
    Put all the different class abilities in here!

The Unseelie Gift (Ex-Su-Sp): Once per day, per two goblin kidnapper levels, a kidnapper may step into the ethereal plane as a free action. This ability functions just like the spell ethereal jaunt, and lasts 2 + Intelligence modifier rounds.

Imaginary Friend (Ex-Su-Sp): Goblin kidnappers have a knack for getting into the heads of their victims. This ability only functions if the kidnapper and the victim have a friendly relationship. By using this ability the goblin kidnapper and the victim form a mystical bond that allows the kidnapper to be seen and interact with their target, but otherwise they are undetectable by most means. The goblin kidnapper can only be seen and heard by their friend, and cannot interact with anyone or anything else.

Once per week the kidnapper can use this ability for a number of hours equal to twice their goblin kidnapper level. During this time the kidnapper is allowed to make one suggestion (as the spell) every hour. The save DC for the suggestion effect is equal to 5 + kidnapper level + kidnappers Charisma modifier.

Only a true seeing spell can reveal the presence of a goblin kidnapper to others. The kidnapper cannot be interacted with, and cannot be harmed. A dismissal spell targeted on the kidnappers area forces the kidnapper back into reality and they must succeed on a Will save (DC = CL + 1 per hour of imaginary state remaining) or be stunned for 1d6 rounds, and a banishment spell forces the kidnapper back into reality and deals the kidnapper 1d6 damage per hour of imaginary state remaining, as well as forcing a Will save vs. stun.

Unseelie Adoption (Ex-Su-Sp): Starting at level XXX a goblin kidnapper may adopt one a victim of his imaginary friend ability. In a ritual that lasts 4 hours the kidnapper and his target create a much more substantial bond. The victim must be willing to accept the bond and cannot be forced into accepting by any means both magical and mundane. Any interruption at any point during the ritual causes that casting to fail and allows the victim a saving throw the next time the ritual is cast.
    Adopted victims become obsessed with the kidnapper, seeking to do anything in their power to please their new master. The victim begins seeing the kidnapper as their parent, often referring to them as Mother or Father. They withdraw from those around them, usually becoming distant and unresponsive. Casual observers often believe the victim to be simply depressed, but a DC 15 Knowledge (Arcana) check or DC 15 bardic knowledge check they can see there is more than meets the eye. Those that succeed by 10 or more know whats really happening.
    Adoptee's also begin to exhibit some of the taint their contact with the goblin kidnapper, and the foul magics he commands. Their hair often becomes unruly, their eyes get a feral gleam, their features become sharper, their arms grow slightly longer, and their personalities become more abrasive.

Pied Piper (Ex-Su-Sp):

Unseelie Corruption (Ex-Su-Sp): Over time the goblin kidnappers warped magics begin to take a serious toll on their adoptee's. By this time the goblin kidnapper has taken their adopted charge permanently away from their families. Their victims body goes through a sudden and violent change, as their arms lengthen and their finger nails grow into wicked claws, granting them a natural claw attack (damage 1d4 small/1d6 medium x2 critical). The victim gains +6 Str, +4 Dex, +4 Con, -8 Int, and -8 Cha. Their type becomes abberation and they gain a number of HD equal to the goblin kidnappers level. The victims alignment permanently changes to CN, and they are utterly dedicated to their master, gaining a bonus to enchantment spells and effects equal to their HD. The adoptee's natural armor bonus increases by +2. All previous class abilities or benefits they might have had are lost as their minds are bent and twisted into something alien and cruel.

A goblin kidnapper is allowed to control up to his Cha. modifier in corrupted adoptee's. Once an adoptee reaches this point the kidnapper may move on and select another victim to adopt.

Deceiving Appearances (Ex-Su-Sp):

Unseelie Savant (Ex-Su-Sp): At level 10 a goblin kidnapper may select one of his adoptees to become his savant. When an adoptee is selected to become a savant they undergo a gruesome day long metamorphosis. Their bodies swell with corrupted magics. In the course of the ritual the adoptee gains +8 Int, +4 Cha. All the hair on their bodies falls off, and their skin hardens into thick scales granting them an additional +4 to their base natural armor.

PLAYING A GOBLIN KIDNAPPER
    Brief description on how to play the class you are designing.
    Combat: Here's a section where you will describe common combat methods for your class. Remember to include information on how your class will use his powers in combat.
    Advancement: This is a section on different options and paths that the class can go down when they advance in power.
    Resources: What resources might a member of this PrC be able to draw on..

GOBLIN KIDNAPPERS IN THE WORLD
    A quote of somebody else talking about your class!

A brief description of how your class is persevered in the world and how he interacts with the world.
    Daily Life: Some general information about the typical day in the life of your class.
    Notables: Make up some cool information about notable figures in the history of your class. It's best to give a little information from one of the good alignment and evil alignment (unless it's a good or evil only class).
    Organizations: Some information about organizations dedicated to the practice of your class and other organizations which members of your class will be attracted towards.

NPC Reaction
    This is an in detail description of how NPC's would perceive your class and the immediate generalization that people would give of your class.

GOBLIN KIDNAPPER IN THE GAME
    This is a good place to provide a quick note on how your class will effect game play statistically.
    Adaptation: This is a place where you put in detail how people can adapt your class into their campaign setting.
    Encounters: This is a place to describe what sort of encounters PC's will have with NPC versions of your class.

Sample Encounter
    Give an example of how one might encounter a member of this PrC.
    EL x: Give the encounter level and description of a sample member of this class and a stat block for him/her.

Name
    alignment/Gender/Race/Levels
    Init +0, Senses: Listen +, Spot +,
    Languages
    AC , touch , flat-footed ()
    hp ( HD)
    Fort +, Ref +, Will +
    Speed ft. ( squares)
    Melee
    Base Atk +, Grp +
    Atk Options
    Combat Gear
    Spells Prepared
    Supernatural Abilities
    Abilities Str , Dex , Con , Int , Wis , Cha
    SQ
    Feats
    Skills
    Possessions

Spoiler
    Show
    [COLOR=maroon][SIZE=5][B]PRESTIGE CLASS NAME [/B][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[IMG]http://Picture URL[/img]

[I]Quote of Some Kind by a member of the class! [/I]

A general description of whatever the class is!

[SIZE=4][COLOR=maroon]BECOMING A CLASS NAME [/COLOR][/SIZE]
    How you would normally become a member of this prestige class.

[B]ENTRY REQUIREMENTS[/B]
    [B]:[/B]

[B][size=3][color=maroon]Class Skills[/color][/size][/B]
    The Class Name's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are....
    [B]Skills Points at Each Level: [/B]x + int

[B]Hit Dice:[/B] dx

{table=head][b]Level[/b]|[b]Base Attack Bonus[/b]|[b]Fort Save[/b]|[b]Ref Save[/b]|[b]Will Save[/b]|[b]Special[/b]

1st|[center]+x[/center]|[center]+x[/center]|[center]+x[/center]|[center]+x[/center]|Class Ability

2nd|[center]+x[/center]|[center]+x[/center]|[center]+x[/center]|[center]+x[/center]|Class Ability

3rd|[center]+x[/center]|[center]+x[/center]|[center]+x[/center]|[center]+x[/center]|Class Ability

4th|[center]+x[/center]|[center]+x[/center]|[center]+x[/center]|[center]+x[/center]|Class Ability

5th|[center]+x[/center]|[center]+x[/center]|[center]+x[/center]|[center]+x[/center]|Class Ability

6th|[center]+x[/center]|[center]+x[/center]|[center]+x[/center]|[center]+x[/center]|Class Ability

7th|[center]+x[/center]|[center]+x[/center]|[center]+x[/center]|[center]+x[/center]|Class Ability

8th|[center]+x[/center]|[center]+x[/center]|[center]+x[/center]|[center]+x[/center]|Class Ability

9th|[center]+x[/center]|[center]+x[/center]|[center]+x[/center]|[center]+x[/center]|Class Ability

10th|[center]+x[/center]|[center]+x[/center]|[center]+x[/center]|[center]+x[/center]|Class Ability

[/table]

[B]Weapon Proficiencies[/B]: A place to put the different proficiencies.
    Put all the different class abilities in here!

[COLOR=maroon][SIZE=4][b]PLAYING A CLASS NAME[/b][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    Brief description on how to play the class you are designing.
    [B]Combat:[/B] Here's a section where you will describe common combat methods for your class. Remember to include information on how your class will use his powers in combat.
    [B]Advancement:[/B] This is a section on different options and paths that the class can go down when they advance in power.
    [B]Resources:[/B] What resources might a member of this PrC be able to draw on..

[SIZE=4][COLOR=maroon][b]CLASS NAME IN THE WORLD[/b][/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [I]A quote of somebody else talking about your class![/I]

A brief description of how your class is persevered in the world and how he interacts with the world.
    [B]Daily Life:[/B] Some general information about the typical day in the life of your class.
    [B]Notables:[/B] Make up some cool information about notable figures in the history of your class. It's best to give a little information from one of the good alignment and evil alignment (unless it's a good or evil only class).
    [B]Organizations:[/B] Some information about organizations dedicated to the practice of your class and other organizations which members of your class will be attracted towards.

[SIZE=4][COLOR=maroon][b]NPC Reaction[/b][/COLOR][/SIZE]
    This is an in detail description of how NPC's would perceive your class and the immediate generalization that people would give of your class.

[COLOR=maroon][SIZE=4][b]CLASS NAME IN THE GAME[/b][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    This is a good place to provide a quick note on how your class will effect game play statistically.
    [B]Adaptation:[/B] This is a place where you put in detail how people can adapt your class into their campaign setting.
    [B]Encounters:[/B] This is a place to describe what sort of encounters PC's will have with NPC versions of your class.

[SIZE=4][COLOR=maroon][b]Sample Encounter[/b][/COLOR][/SIZE]
    Give an example of how one might encounter a member of this PrC.
    [B]EL x:[/B] Give the encounter level and description of a sample member of this class and a stat block for him/her.

[SIZE=4]Name[/SIZE]
    alignment/Gender/Race/Levels
    [B]Init[/B] +0, [B]Senses[/B]: Listen +, Spot +,
    [B]Languages[/B]
    [B]AC[/B] , touch , flat-footed ()
    [B]hp[/B] ( HD)
    [B]Fort[/B] +, [B]Ref[/B] +, [B]Will[/B] +
    [B]Speed[/B] ft. ( squares)
    [B]Melee[/B]
    [B]Base Atk[/B] +, [B]Grp[/B] +
    [B]Atk Options[/B]
    [B]Combat Gear[/B]
    [B]Spells Prepared[/B]
    [B]Supernatural Abilities[/B]
    [B]Abilities[/B] Str , Dex , Con , Int , Wis , Cha
    [B]SQ[/B]
    [B]Feats[/B]
    [B]Skills[/B]
    [B]Possessions[/B]
    Quote Originally Posted by Cieyrin View Post
    That point can be debated, depending who we're talking about cooking.
    I play Lawful Evil. I love goblins. I like Prestige Classes.

Visit Dwenty, a collaborative project I took part in with several other people from all over the world.

Some of my Prestige Class work with the brilliant BHU

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    "I know that you believe that you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

22. - Top - End - #532

The goblin kidnapper is nowhere near complete, or even accurate as of yet. Its just a jumble of possible paths I may take. Any suggestions would be welcome, especially on how to make it worthwhile to kidnap people.

Visit Dwenty, a collaborative project I took part in with several other people from all over the world.

"I know that you believe that you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

23. - Top - End - #533
    Titan in the Playground

This wouldn't perhaps be inspired by Labyrinth would it?

Oh and the Black Knives have epic levels now.
    Last edited by Bhu; 2009-01-19 at 06:47 AM.
    Orcs and Goblins

24. - Top - End - #534
    Titan in the Playground

The Azure Nightmares now have Epic Levels
    Orcs and Goblins

25. - Top - End - #535

Quote Originally Posted by Bhu View Post
    This wouldn't perhaps be inspired by Labyrinth would it?
    A little bit of Labyrinth, a little bit of the boogeyman movie, and a dash of I have no idea where I want to go with this. I plan on finishing the class offline and then posting its final form.

26. - Top - End - #536
    Titan in the Playground

Okay the Azure Master is up. Lemme know what you think
    Orcs and Goblins

27. - Top - End - #537
    Titan in the Playground

TANARRUK FIREBREATHER

"It's always so much fun to see things turn to ash. I could spend all my life this way."

The few Tanarruk that become Psions generally concentrate on fire based powers. Or become obsessed with them more likely. Their fiendish heritage makes them a little bit unstable.

BECOMING A TANARRUK FIREBREATHER
    Unless you take the Expanded Knowledge Feat, you'll need to be a Kineticist Psion.

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
    Race: Tanarruk
    Psionics: Manifester Level 5th, must be able to Manifest Energy Cone
    Feats: Maximize Power, Quicken Power
    Skills: Concentration 6 ranks, Intimidate 10 ranks

Class Skills
    The Tanarruk Firebreather's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Autohypnosis (Wis), Concentration (Con), Intimidate (Cha), Knowledge (Local, Psionics)(Int), Psicraft (Int), Search (Int), Spot (Wis), and Survival (Wis).
    Skills Points at Each Level : 4 + int

Hit Dice: d6

Code:
       BAB  Fort    Ref    Will  Abilities
    1. +0    +0     +0     +2    Fire Breath
    2. +1    +0     +0     +3    Improved Flame Control, +1 Level of existing Manifester Class
    3. +1    +1     +1     +3    Fireskin, +1 Level of existing Manifester Class
    4. +2    +1     +1     +4    Fire Breath
    5. +2    +1     +1     +4    Improved Flame Control, +1 Level of existing Manifester Class
    6. +3    +2     +2     +5    Fireskin, +1 Level of existing Manifester Class
    7. +3    +2     +2     +5    Fire Breath
    8. +4    +2     +2     +6    Improved Flame Control, +1 Level of existing Manifester Class
    9. +4    +3     +3     +6    Fireskin, +1 Level of existing Manifester Class
    10.+5    +3     +3     +7    Flames of Hell, +1 Level of existing Manifester Class
    Weapon Proficiencies: A Tanarruk Firebreather gains no new weapon or armor proficiencies.

Fire Breath (Su): At 1st level the Firebreather may spit a 30' Cone of Fire as a Standard Action. Damage is 2d6, the opponent gets a Reflex Save for half damage (Save DC is 10 plus half Hit Dice plus Constitution Modifier).

At 4th level the damage increases to 4d6.

At 7th level the damage increases to 6d6.

Improved Flame Control (Su): At second level the Caster Level for the Tanarukk's Control Flame ability is equal to their Hit Dice.

At 5th level whenever the Firebreather Manifests a power doing Fire damage, his Manifester Level is equal to his Hit Dice.

At 8th level whenever the Firebreather Manifests a power doing Fire damage, the power Manifests as if he had spent 5 more power points than he has.

Fireskin (Su): At 3rd level your Fire Resistance increases to 20.

At 6th level you become immune to fire damage.

At 9th level you are so hot that anything hitting you with an unarmed strike or natural weapon takes 1d6 points of fire damage (their weapon takes it if they use a manufactured weapon), and your successful Grapple checks/Bites/Unarmed Strikes also do 1d6 points of fire damage. You may mentally initiate or suspend this power as a Swift Action (that way you don't set fire to everything around you 24 hours a day).

Flames of Hell (Su): At 10th level your Fire Breath and all powers you Manifest that do Fire Damage do an additional +3d6 Profane damage.

PLAYING A TANARUKK FIREBREATHER
    You're all about intimidation. It keeps people away, and lets you go about your business of burning everything you come into contact with. And it helps in fights too. Keeps them hesitating just long enough for you to make things problematic for them.
    Combat: Since your resistant (and eventually immune to) fire, spreading it around as much as possible is the goal. Opponents will hesitate o charge into open flames to get to you and that gives you time to make it just that much worse.
    Advancement: Most Tannaruk Firebreathers just continue to enhance their fire powers to their limit. It's what they live for.
    Resources: Firebreathers have whatever resources they can scrape up for themselves. Their race isn't particularly well liked, and their tendency to start fires at every opportunity doesn't exactly make the allies come running.

TANARUKK FIREBREATHERS IN THE WORLD
    "Them Devil Orcs burned my family alive. Time they got what they had comin'."
    Firebreathers tend to spend much of their time setting fires, scouting places to set bigger and better fires, or doing odd arson jobs for money. They rarely interact with others unless they've hired to do a job, or they can find a group of friends that don't mind their eccentricities.
    Daily Life: Firebreathers spend a lot of time hiding from the law, and practicing their abilities.
    Notables: Surtur (LE Male Psion 5/Tanarruk Firebreather 2) is infamous locally. Well sort of. He's infamous for setting fires, but no one knows who he is. The Law would kill to find him.
    Organizations: Firebreathers may belong to an organization of some kind, but there are none dedicated to them.

NPC Reaction
    NPC's would love to hang you by the neck if they could find you. Your powers scare them, but the lives ruined by you makes them hate you enough to take the risk.

TANARUKK FIREBREATHERS IN THE GAME
    Since Firebreathers are uncontrolled lunatics hellbent on burning the world, this might be best as an NPC, or used in an all evil campaign.
    Adaptation: This is best used for darker campaigns.
    Encounters: PC's will likely encounter Firebreathers once they have been hired to capture one and bring him in, or stumble across him doing a job.

Sample Encounter
    EL 12: The PC's are running from the City Guard, and they hide in an abandoned building. Unfortunately a ticked off orc like creature is in the building with them, and he appears to be upset that they interrupted him doing...something.

Surtur
    LE Male Psion 5/Tanarruk Firebreather 2
    Init +2, Senses: Listen +10, Spot +10, Dark Vision 60'
    Languages Abyssal, Orc, Common, Undercommon, Goblin
    AC 21, touch 12, flat-footed 19 (+2 Dex, +4 Natural, +5 Armor)
    hp 66 (12 HD)
    Fort +7, Ref +7, Will +10
    Speed 20 ft. (4 squares)
    Melee +2 Club +12/+7 (1d6+4 plus 1d6 electricity)
    Base Atk +6, Grp +10
    Combat Gear 3 Potions of Cure Serious Wounds
    Powers Known 1st: Deflection Field, Energy Arc, Energy Ray, Inertial Armor, Matter Agitation
    2nd: Energy Emanation, Energy Missile, Energy Push, Energy Stun
    3rd: Energy Bolt, Energy Burst, Energy Cone, Energy Wall
    Manifester Level 6, Power Points 44
    Supernatural Abilities Fire Breath: 2d6 (DC 18), Improved Flame Control
    Abilities Str 18, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 17, Wis 8, Cha 4
    SQ Fire Resistance 10, SR 21, Control Flame, Orc Blood
    Feats Combat Manifestation, Delay Power, Maximize Power, Quicken Power, Widen Power, Dazzling Energy (Fire)(B), Privileged Energy (Fire)(B)
    Skills Autohypnosis +10, Concentration +13, Disable Device +6, Hide +13, Intimidate +11, Knowledge (Local, Psionics) +6, Listen +10, Psicraft +7, Search +14, Spot +10, Survival +3
    Possessions +2 Shocking Burst Club, +5 Bracers of Armor, Ring of Invisibility, Ring of Mind Shielding, 3 Potions of Cure Serious Wounds, 450 GP

EPIC TANARRUK FIREBREATHER

Hit Die: d6
    Skills Points at Each Level : 4 + int
    Powers The Tanarruk Firebreather gains no more power points after 20th level.
    Fire Breath: The Firebreathers fiery breath increases by +1d6 damage at Level 21, and every 3 levels thereafter.
    Bonus Feats: The Epic Tanarruk Firebreather gains a Bonus Feat every 3 levels higher than 20th
    Last edited by Bhu; 2009-02-25 at 05:12 AM.
    Orcs and Goblins

28. - Top - End - #538
    Titan in the Playground

Lab Experiment now has epic levels
    Orcs and Goblins

29. - Top - End - #539
    Barbarian in the Playground

Great thread Bhu!

As a small improvement - the Orc Sergeant is a little too much of a caricature. I think it would be hugely difficult to survive in an army of Orcs. How bout giving him Diplomacy as a class skill. He needs some sort of way to win protection from the truly powerful, at least long enough to have a career.

Sigurd
    Logo by Serpentine

30. - Top - End - #540
    Bugbear in the Playground

Well I'm once again back after disappearing. I get way too busy with school... Argh. Anyway, I finally have a concept or two for a PrC. I'm going to be doing a Sickness/Debuffing PrC. I'm thinking a melee/magic hybrid. Use spellcasting to cause debuffs and sickness and then melee to finish them off (along with a bonus against sick/debuffed enemies).

So help me brainstorm a bit.