New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Any Orc/Goblinoid Fans??

Im in agreement with the others Rap. I'd have said it should give the Goblinoid subtype, and maybe Dark Vision 30' or a skill bonus, but not both.

How about a Swamp Witch of some kind Wats?
    Revised avatar by Trixie, New avvie by Crisis21!
    Mah Fluffy Death Critters
    Orcs and Goblins
    Behold the Power of Kitteh!
    Backup threads available here

2. - Top - End - #482
    Titan in the Playground

Stygian Blade updated. Almost got it ready to add the abilities.
    Orcs and Goblins

3. - Top - End - #483
    Titan in the Playground

Got Epic Levels up for Darkened Eye and Ironheart Samurai.
    Orcs and Goblins

4. - Top - End - #484
    Halfling in the Playground

I spoke with BHU and he has given me permission to flood his thread with my WoTC creations. So here they all come. Starting with...
    --

Image courtesy of WoTC© All rights reserved.
    "See look'it! One shot and da' human die! Still have another shot, too!!!
    Claw Redeye

Goblin Potshot Sniper
    Prestige Class
    By Don Thelonious

Goblins have always been trying to figure out ways to kill more efficiently while risking less. Centuries ago a distinct goblin style of archery arose, incorporating long hours of practice, usually under the watchful eyes of their bigger cousins the Hobgoblins, these goblins honed their potshot skills to a supernatural art form. Forsaking the previous beliefs of “Throw enough arrows at it and it will die,” these goblins concentrated on a “One shot, one kill” strategy. Thus arose the Goblin Potshot Sniper.
    Hit Die: d6

Requirements
    To qualify to become a Goblin Potshot Sniper, a character must fulfill all the following criteria:
    Race: Goblin or Goblinoid
    Skills: Hide 8 Ranks, Move Silent 8 Ranks, Spot 5 Ranks
    Special: Sneak Attack +2d6

Class skills
    The Goblin Potshot class skills (and key ability for each skill) are: Balance (Dex), Climb (Str), Hide (Dex), Jump (Str), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Search(Int), Spot (Wis), Survival (Wis), Swim (Str), Tumble (Dex) and Use Rope (Dex).
    Skill Points at Each Level: 4 + Int modifier.
    Code:
    The Goblin Potshot Sniper
    Level	BAB	Fort	Ref	Will	Special              
    1st	+1	+0	+2	+0	Sneak Attack +1d6, Fight Like A Goblin
    2nd	+2	+0	+3	+0	Impromptu Sneak Attack 1/Day
    3rd	+3	+1	+3	+1	Sneak Attack +2d6
    4th	+4	+1	+4	+1	Sniper, Stalk The Night
    5th	+5	+1	+4	+1	Sneak Attack +3d6, Long Sight
    6th	+6	+2	+5	+2	Impromptu Sneak Attack 2/Day
    7th	+7	+2	+5	+2	Sneak Attack +4d6, Harness The Night
    8th	+8	+2	+6	+2	Improved Sniper
    9th	+9	+3	+6	+3	Sneak Attack +5d6
    10th	+10	+3	+7	+3	Impromptu Sneak Attack 3/Day, Become The Night

Class features
    All of the following are class features of the Goblin Potshot Sniper prestige class.

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: Goblin Potshot Snipers are proficient with all simple weapons and all bows and crossbows (excluding repeating crossbows). They are proficient with all light armors.

Fight Like A Goblin (Ex): Goblin potshot snipers are masters of staying away from the heart of melee and hitting their enemies by surprise. Starting at first level and every Goblin Potshot level thereafter they add 5ft. to the range of all ranged sneak attacks.

Impromptu Sneak Attack: Starting at second level, once per day a goblin potshot sniper can declare one melee or ranged attack he makes to be a sneak attack (target cannot be more than the 30 feet + 5 feet per goblin potshot level if the sneak attack is a ranged attack). The target of an impromptu sneak attack loses any dexterity bonus to AC, but only against that attack. The power can be used against any target, but creatures that are not subject to critical hits take no extra damage (though they still lose their dexterity bonus to AC).
    At 6th level they gain another use per day, and again at 10th level.

Sniper: At fourth level, after successfully using the Sniping ability of the hide skill, a goblin potshot sniper can make one ranged attack, then immediately hide again. A goblin potshot sniper takes a -15 penalty to the hide check to conceal himself (as opposed to the regular -20).

Stalk The Night (Ex): Over time goblin potshot snipers become one with the night, using their superior night time capabilities. At 4th level they gain a permanent +4 to their Move Silent skill in any light less than full daylight.

Long Sight (Su): At fifth level goblin potshot snipers double the range of their darkvision, to 120ft.

Harness The Night(Ex): After stalking the night and shadows for so long, an 8th level a goblin potshot sniper becomes more attuned with his nocturnal nature, he gains a permanent +4 to his Hide skill in any light less than full daylight.

Improved Sniper : With time comes mastery and goblin potshot snipers of 8th level are true masters of sniping. Instead of the -15 to hide checks after using the sniping skill, they have only a -10 penalty.

Become The Night (Su): At 10th level a goblin potshot sniper gains his ultimate power and is able to become one with darkness. In any condition other than full daylight, a goblin potshot can disappear into the shadows, giving it total concealment. Artificial illumination, even a light or continual light does not negate this ability. A daylight spell however, will.
    --
    Im not to sure about some of the abilities, but this is still a working model. What do you all think?
    Edits in RED.

One down, more to come...
    Last edited by DonThelonious; 2010-11-22 at 03:24 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cieyrin View Post
    That point can be debated, depending who we're talking about cooking.
    I play Lawful Evil. I love goblins. I like Prestige Classes.

Visit Dwenty, a collaborative project I took part in with several other people from all over the world.

Some of my Prestige Class work with the brilliant BHU

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    "I know that you believe that you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

5. - Top - End - #485

Edit- Please forgive the WoW pic
    -------------------------------------------------------

©Blizzard Entertainment All rights reserved. Not to be used for any profit gaining. Play WoW
    Garu- Hound Scyther
    Prestige Class
    By Don Thelonious

Many years ago in the barbaric frontiers of the lands, 1/2 orcs introduced the human sport of professional dog fighting. The orcs took quickly to this brutal and savage sport and soon the honor of entire clans rode on these fights, with the dishonored losers losing rank and respect in the eyes of the Horde.

Over the years this brutal sport went from dogs, to larger and more intelligent beasts such as the worg. Orc chieftains began complex breeding programs incorporating magics from tribal adepts and shamans. The worgs grew larger and more violent with every generation, until they became an entirely new true breeding species: The Garu-Hound.

It didn't take long for the orcs to realize their massive canines were not only capable fighters, but also made excellent mounts for the clans warriors. Orcish Greatweapon Smiths* at that time came upon designs for a human weapon called the Scythe, and when Garu-Hound mounted warriors wielded these new weapons in battle the effects were devastating.

Thus was born the Garu-Hound Scyther.

*Special Prestige Class by Whatsyurname529

Game Rule Information:
    The Garu-Hound Scyther has the following game stats.

Abilities: Strength and constitution are very important to a Garu-Hound Scyther. These allow him to hit harder and live longer. Charisma is also of some importance to the Scythers because they must be able to intimidate their mounts before they are able to ride. Also many of the Scythers skills are Wisdom based, so that ability score should not be overlooked.
    Alignment: Most Garu-Hound Scythers are chaotic and evil, because only crazy, violent, and dangerous Orcs would ever take up this Prestige Class.
    Hit Die:d8

Requirements
    To qualify to become a Garu-Hound Scyther, a character must fulfill all the following criteria:
    Race: Orc
    Skills:Handle Animal 10 Ranks, Ride 12 Ranks, Intimidate 5 Ranks
    Feats:Animal Affinity, Mounted Combat, Track, and Weapon Focus (Scythe)
    Special: Potential Garu-Hound Scyther must rear the Garu-Hound they are going to ride. Garu-Hounds are also notoriously violent and dangerous, so all Garu-Hound Scythers must succeed on an intimidate check every time they mount the Garu-Hound.

Class skills
    The Garu-Hound Scythers class skills (and the key ability modifier for each skill) are:
    Craft (Int), Handle Animal (Cha), Heal (Wis), Intimidate (Cha), Profession (Wis), Ride (Dex), Sense Motive (Wis), Spot (Wis), and Survival (Wis)
    Skill Points at Each Level: 2 + Int modifier.

Code:
    Garu-Hound Scyther
    1	+1	+2	+0	+0	Wild Empathy, Mount Improvement
    2	+2	+3	+0	+0	Trackless Step
    3	+3	+3	+1	+1	Mounted Fast Movement
    4	+4	+4	+1	+1	Bonus Feat
    5	+5	+4	+1	+1	Reap
    6	+6	+5	+2	+2	Woodland Stride
    7	+7	+5	+2	+2	Bonus Feat
    8	+8	+6	+2	+2	Swift Tracker
    9	+9	+6	+3	+3	Bonus Feat
    10	+10	+7	+3	+3	Legendary Rider
    Class features
    All of the following are class features of the Garu-Hound Scyther prestige class.

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: Garu-Hound Scythers are proficient with all simple weapons and all Two-Handed Martial Weapons. They are proficient with only light armor (anything heavier than this makes them lose most class abilities), and gain no shield proficiencies.

Wild Empathy (Ex): A Garu-Hound Scyther can improve the attitude of an animal. This ability functions just like a Diplomacy check to improve the attitude of a person. The scyther rolls 1d20 and adds his Garu-Hound Scyther level and his Charisma modifier to determine the wild empathy check result. The typical domestic animal has a starting attitude of indifferent, while wild animals are usually unfriendly.
    To use wild empathy, the scyther and the animal must be able to study each other, which means that they must be within 30 feet of one another under normal visibility conditions. Generally, influencing an animal in this way takes 1 minute, but, as with influencing people, it might take more or less time.
    If the Garu-Hound Scyther has levels of ranger or druid, his scyther levels stack with those levels when determining his Animal Empathy checks.

Bonus Feats: A Garu-Hound Scyther gains sever bonus feats over the course of his life, even if he does not meet the required prerequisites. These feats are Trample at level 4, Ride-By Attack at 7th, and finally Spirited Charge at 9th.

Mount Improvement: A Garu-Hound Scythers Mount also gains a Hit Dice every time the scyther goes up in level. Their BAB and Base Saves go up and they gain feats and skills as is normal for creatures of their type.

Trackless Step (Ex): Starting at 72nd level, a Garu-Hound Scyther leaves no trail in natural surroundings and cannot be tracked. She may choose to leave a trail if so desired.

Mounted Fast Movement (Ex): A mounted Garu-Hound Scythers move speed increases by 10 feet at level 3. It also increases another 10 feet at 8th level. The scyther must be wearing light or no armor and cannot be carrying more than a light load.

Reap (Ex): Starting at 5th level, once per day a Garu-Hound Scyther has the ability to do a special Reaper attack at the end of a mounted charge while wielding a scythe. This attack is a full round action that has a -5 penalty and does provoke an attack of opportunity. If the attack is successful it is treated as a confirmed critical.

At 7th level this attack can be done one additional time per day, and again at 10th to a maximum of 3/day.

Woodland Stride (Ex): Starting at 6th level, a Garu-Hound Scyther while mounted may move through any sort of undergrowth (such as natural thorns, briars, overgrown areas, and similar terrain) at his normal speed and without taking damage or suffering any other impairment.
    However, thorns, briars, and overgrown areas that are enchanted or magically manipulated to impede motion still affect him.
    The scyther must be wearing light or no armor and cannot be carrying more than a light load.

Swift Tracker (Ex): Beginning at 8th level, a Garu-Hound Scyther can move at his normal speed while following tracks without taking the normal -5 penalty. He takes only a -10 penalty (instead of the normal -20) when moving at up to twice normal speed while tracking.

Ultimate Reaper (Ex): At 10th level the Garu-Hound Scyther reaches the pinnacle of his ability. Whenever he is mounted and makes an attack as part of a charge and scores a critical hit the target must roll a Fortitude save (DC= 10 + Strength Modifier + Scyther Level) or die on a failed save. If the save is successful then it is just a regular critical hit.

Garu-Hound
    Spoiler
    Show

Created By: AllWillFall2Me

Garu-hound
    Large Magical Beast
    Hit Dice: 3d10+20 (36 hp)
    Initiative: +1
    Speed: 40 ft
    Armor Class: 14 ( -1 size, +1 Dex, +4 natural)
    BAB/Grapple: +4/ +13
    Attack: Bite + 9 melee (1d8+7)
    Full Attack: Bite +9 melee (1d8+7)
    Space/Reach: 10 ft/ 5ft
    Special Attacks: Tackle
    Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft, Ferocity, Low-Light Vision, Scent
    Saves: Fort +9, Ref +5, Will + 2
    Abilities: Str 20, Dex 12, Con 20, Int 4, Wis 14, Cha 8
    Skills: Listen +4, Survival +4
    Feats: Improved Trip(B), Run, Endurance, Track(B)
    Environment: Temperate Hills
    Organization: Solitary, Mated Pair, Pack (4-7), or warband (1-3 with 2-5 orcs)
    CR: 3
    Treasure: None, lair double standard
    Alignment: Always Chaotic Neutral
    Advancement: 5-11 HD (Large), 12+ HD (Huge)
    Level Adjustment: +2 (cohort)

In the Orc world, bigger is always better. So, when a half-orc spy introduced the sport of dog fighting to the orcs, of course they decided to up the ante. Dogs became wolves, and then became worgs, which then were buffed by spells from the shamans of opposing tribes. After one fight, when the enhanced victor of the fight sprang from the pit and savaged three warriors, the orcs realized they had a something worthwhile on their hands. Known in most areas as “Orchorses”, these massive canines have quite the fearful reputation. Magical alteration and breeding have provided larger, tougher, and dumber worgkin, perfect for orc cavalry. Only the strongest orcs can ride the beasts, though, as the average garu-hound could easily take it’s weight in orcs. The average Garu-hound is 9 feet long, 5 1/2 feet at the shoulder, and weighs around 2200 pounds.

Combat
    If possible, the Garu-hound will charge prey from hiding, tackling it to the ground, where it will proceed to attack viciously until the prey is dead. A garu-hound with rider will merely forego the hiding portion of its hunting tactic.

Tackle (Ex): A Garu-hound can make a special attack at the end of a charge. If it succeeds on a melee touch attack, it initiates a trip attempt, with a +2 bonus to the roll (+11 total). Success allows a follow-up attack, thanks to Improved Trip. This does not provoke an attack of opportunity.

Ferocity (Ex): A Garu-Hound is such a tenacious combatant that it continues to fight without penalty while disabled or dying.

Scent (Ex): Garu-Hound noses have become near legendary. They are able to detect approaching enemies, sniff out hidden foes, and track by sense of smell. Garu-Hounds can identify familiar odors just as orcs do familiar sights.
    Last edited by DonThelonious; 2010-09-04 at 05:33 PM.

Visit Dwenty, a collaborative project I took part in with several other people from all over the world.

"I know that you believe that you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

6. - Top - End - #486

The contest is over, I didn't makr the cut:weep:.
    So here is the savage paladin as promised.

Heivân~Barâdar the Savage Paladin

"And a Shepherd I shall be
    For thee, my Lord, for thee.
    Righteous wrath hath descended forth from Thy hand
    My feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.
    So I shall flow a river forth to Thee
    And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."

Prayer of the Heivân~Barâdar

Prestige Class
    By Don Thelonious

History has taught us that the gods work in mysterious ways. Occasionally there arises a godly warrior possessed of great divine magic and a terrible rage. Whether this rage comes from the persons heart or is the will of their god nobody knows What they do know is that these holy berserkers are the wrath of god personified, and woe be unto those who incur that wrath.

Adventures: Heivân~Barâdar adventure for many reasons: to spread the word of their god, to guard the faithful, or to seek revenge for their deity. Commonly though, these holy warriors take it upon themselves to act as the instrument of their gods wrath, and to bring destruction down upon those that have earned it.

Characteristics: The defining characteristics shared by all Heivân~Barâdar is their unyielding faith in their gods. They have been confused with True Paladins on more than one occasion, but where a paladin must hold to a strict code of conduct the Heivân~Barâdar follow only the precepts of their deity and a strong code of honor.

Alignment: Most Heivân~Barâdar started out as Paladins, but through extenuating circumstances they gave into their chaotic nature. Therefore all Heivân~Barâdar are chaotic, and should their alignments change for any reason they lose all benefits of this class.

Religion: The Heivân~Barâdar need not devote themselves to a single deity, though most do. Those that do align themselves to a single deity are scrupulous in religious duties and are welcome (though not wholly trusted) in every associated temple.

Background: Most Heivân~Barâdar do not choose this path from the beginning. In fact most of them were true Paladins to begin with, but fell from grace and chose to become Heivân~Barâdar to continue doing things in the name of their faith.

Other times potential Heivân~Barâdar were originally clerics, but at some point realized that preaching to the masses was not enough, nor did they have the strength to battle every enemy of their faith. This feeling of helplessness fueled the burning embers of rage in their souls, feeding the fires of their faith until they find themselves on the path of the Heivân~Barâdar.

Races: Half-races, with their mixed heritage and often bigoted upbringing are the most common Heivân~Barâdar, due to their desire to prove they are equal to if not better than their parent races. Humans are the next most common race that takes this prestige class, to better serve their respective gods, as well as gnomes. Halfling Heivân~Barâdar are rare, since it is harder for them to find the fiery pious rage within themselves, but those that do though are truly terrible in the grip of that rage. Dwarves, with their strongly lawful nature, have been known to make some of the most powerful Heivân~Barâdar in history.

Other Classes: Heivân~Barâdar get along wonderfully well with barbarians, who share similar abilities. Heivân~Barâdar have no real problems with bards, fighters, druids, rogues, or rangers. Heivân~Barâdar are also fond of clerics, though those that worship an opposed god often find themselves at odds with the Heivân~Barâdar. Paladins are viewed as too stuffy and hindered, but since most Heivân~Barâdar come from the ranks of paladins there is no real animosity.

Role: The Heivân~Barâdar is primarily a front line warrior with some nifty spell casting. They make fine secondary healers and superb heavy melee fighters.

Game Rule Information:
    Heivân~Barâdar has the following game stats.
    Abilities: Charisma is one of the most important abilities for the Heivân~Barâdar. It enhances their, self-protective capabilities, and turn/rebuke undead ability. Strength is also very important for its role in combat. A wisdom of 14 or higher is needed to cast the most powerful of Heivân~Barâdar spells, and a score of 11 higher is required to cast any spells at all.
    Hit Die:d10

Requirements
    To qualify to become a Heivân~Barâdar, a character must fulfill all the following criteria:

Alignment:Any Chaotic
    Base Attack Bonus: +6
    Skills:Knowledge (Religion) 8 Ranks
    Feats: Alertness, Power Attack, and Cleave
    Spells: Character must be able to cast or, had and lost the ability to cast, Detect Good/Evil as either a divine spell or spell like ability.
    Special: Potential Heivân~Barâdar must go through a terrible alignment changed experience if they were paladins. This experience is what drives them over the edge, into the realms of chaos and forcing them to lose their paladin abilities.

Class skills
    The Heivân~Barâdar ‘s class skills (and the key ability modifier for each skill) are:
    Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Handle Animal (Cha), Intimidate (Cha), Heal (Wis), Knowledge (Local) (int), Knowledge (Religion) (int), Profession (Wis), Ride (Dex), and Sense Motive (Wis).
    Skill Points at Each Level: 2 + Int modifier.

Code:
     Heivân~Barâdar
    1	+1	+2	+0	+0	Aura of Chaos, Rage 1/Day
    2	+2	+3	+0	+0	Chaos Blessing, Turn/Rebuke Undead
    3	+3	+3	+1	+1	Aura of Unpredictability
    4	+4      +4      +1      +1      Raging Smite 1/Day
    5	+5	+4	+1	+1	Fast Movement, Rage 2/Day
    6	+6	+5	+2	+2	Uncanny Dodge
    7	+7	+5	+2	+2	Raging Smite 2/Day
    8	+8	+6	+2	+2	Anarchic Weapon
    9	+9	+6	+3	+3	Chaotic Shield
    10	+10	+7	+3	+3	Raging Smite 3/Day, Rage 3/Day, Greater Rage
    Code:
    Heivân~Barâdar Spell Progression
                        ------Spells Per Day-------
    Level          1st         2nd          3rd        4th
    1               -           -            -          -
    2               -           -            -          -
    3               0           -            -          -
    4               0           -            -          -
    5               1           0            -          -
    6               1           0            -          -
    7               1           1            0          -
    8               2           1            0          -
    9               2           1            1          0
    10              2           2            1          0

Class features
    All of the following are class features of Heivân~Barâdar prestige class.

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: Heivân~Barâdar are proficient with all simple and martial weapons. They are proficient with light and medium armors, and with all shields.

Aura of Chaos(Ex): The power of a Heivân~Barâdars aura of chaos (see Detect Chaos spell) is equal to his/her Heivân~Barâdar level.

Rage (Ex): A Heivân~Barâdar can fly into a rage, just as a barbarian, a certain number of times per day. In a rage, a Heivân~Barâdar temporarily gains a +4 bonus to Strength, a +4 bonus to Constitution, and a +2 morale bonus on Will saves, but he/she takes a -2 penalty to Armor Class. The increase in Constitution increases the Heivân~Barâdar’s hit points by 2 points per level, but these hit points go away at the end of the rage when his/her Constitution score drops back to normal. (These extra hit points are not lost first the way temporary hit points are). While raging, a Heivân~Barâdar cannot use any Charisma-, Dexterity-, or Intelligence-based skills (except for Balance, Escape Artist, Intimidate, and Ride), the Concentration skill, or any abilities that require patience or concentration, nor can he/she cast spells or activate magic items that require a command word, a spell trigger (such as a wand), or spell completion (such as a scroll) to function. He/She can use any feat he/she has except Combat Expertise, item creation feats, and metamagic feats. A fit of rage lasts for a number of rounds equal to 3 + the character’s (newly improved) Constitution modifier. A Heivân~Barâdar may prematurely end his or hers rage. At the end of the rage, the Heivân~Barâdar loses the rage modifiers and restrictions and becomes fatigued (-2 penalty to Strength, -2 penalty to Dexterity, can’t charge or run) for the duration of the current encounter.

A Heivân~Barâdar can fly into a rage only once per encounter. At 1st level he or she can use the rage ability once per day. At 2nd level and finally again at 10th level, to a mximum of 3 times per day at 10th level. Entering a rage takes no time itself, but a Heivân~Barâdar can do it only during his or hers action, not in response to someone else’s action.

Chaos Blessing (Su): A Heivân~Barâdar of 2nd level and higher has the ability to roll a 1d6 and add the results as a divine bonus to all saving throw rolls. This ability is always active and comes into effect as soon as the Heivân~Barâdar needs to make a save.

Turn/Rebuke Undead (Su): Beginning at 2nd level a Heivân~Barâdar gains the supernatural ability to turn or rebuke undead. Neutral aligned Heivân~Barâdar must decide when they gain this ability whether they will turn or rebuke undead, and once made that choice can never be changed. They may use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + Charisma modifier. They turn/rebuke undead as a cleric of 2 levels lower.

Spells: A Heivân~Barâdar has the ability to cast a small number of divine spells. To cast a Heivân~Barâdar spell, a Heivân~Barâdar must have a Wisdom score of at least 10 + the spell’s level, so a Heivân~Barâdar with a Wisdom of 10 or lower cannot cast these spells.
    Heivân~Barâdar bonus spells are based on Wisdom, and saving throws against these spells have a DC of 10 + spell level + the Heivân~Barâdar’s Wisdom modifier. When the Heivân~Barâdar gets 0 spells per day of a given spell level he gains only the bonus spells he would be entitled to based on his Wisdom score for that spell level. The Heivân~Barâdar’s spell list appears below. A Heivân~Barâdar has access to any spell on the list and can freely choose which to prepare, just as a cleric. A Heivân~Barâdar prepares and casts spells just as a cleric does (though a Heivân~Barâdar cannot spontaneously cast cure or inflict spells).

Aura of Unpredictability (Su): A Heivân~Barâdar of 3rd level and higher gains Spell Resistance equal to 8 + Heivân~Barâdar level + Wisdon modifier.

Raging Smite (Su): At 4th level, a Heivân~Barâdar gains the devastatin smite attack 1/day while raging. Unlike the smite attack of other class’, a Heivân~Barâdar can use it against any enemy.
    He adds his Charisma modifier (if positive) to his attack roll and deals 1 extra point of damage per class level.
    At 7th level, and again at 10th level, a Heivân~Barâdar may smite one additional time per day.

Fast Movement: A Heivân~Barâdar of 5th level gets a base speed increase of 10 feet while raging. This bonus goes up to 20 feet at 10th level.

Uncanny Dodge (Ex): At 6th level, a savage paladin retains his Dexterity bonus to AC (if any) even if he is caught flat-footed or struck by an invisible attacker. However, he still loses his Dexterity bonus to AC if immobilized. If a savage paladin already has uncanny dodge from a different class, he automatically gains improved uncanny dodge instead.

Anarchic Weapon (Sp): Once per day a may infuse his weapon with the power of chaos making it a +5 Anarchic Weapon. This lasts for a number of rounds equal to 2 + Charisma modifier.

Chaotic Shield (Su): A Savage Paladin embraces Chaos and Chaos embraces the Savage Paladin in a shield of unpredictability. At 9th level a Savage Paladin may force any enemy to re-roll an attack roll against himself taking the worse result. A Savage Paladin may use this ability 3/Day.

Greater Rage (Ex): At 10th level, a Heivân~Barâdar’s bonuses to Strength and Constitution during his rage each increase to +6, and his morale bonus on Will saves increases to +3. The penalty to AC remains at -2.

[SIZE="3"]Heivân~Barâdar Spells[/SIZE]
    1st: Anarchic Water, Cure Minor Wounds, Divine Favor, Magic Weapon, Protection from Law, Read Magic.

2nd: Bears Endurance, Blur, Cure Light Wounds, Magic Vestment, Mount, Resist Energy, Spiritual Weapon.

3rd: Cure Moderate Wounds, Dispel Magic, Magic Circle against Law, Greater Magic Weapon, Protection From Energy.

4th: Anarchic Storm, Cure Serious Wounds, Displacement, Freedom Of Movement, Righteous Might.

Fallen Paladins

Heivân~Barâdars who have levels in the paladin class (that is to say, are now ex-paladins) gain extra abilities the more levels of paladin they have.

A fallen paladin who becomes a Heivân~Barâdar gains all of the following abilities that apply, according to the number of paladin levels the character has. These abilities do not stack with any fallen paladin abilities gained from another class (IE: Black Guard).

1-2
    Raging Smite 1/Day (This is in addition to the ability granted to all Heivân~Barâdars at 4th level).

3-4
    Lay on hands, Once per day, the Heivân~Barâdar can use this supernatural ability to cure himself or his allies of damage equal to his Charisma bonus × his level. Rage 1/Day, this is in addition to his regular rage uses.

5-6
    Rage 1 additional time per day, Raging Smite 2/day.

7-8
    Repulsion as a spell-like ability usable 1/Day, CL equal to Character Level.

9-10
    Tireless Rage, Smite good 3/day, Rage 2/Day.

11 or more
    A fallen paladin of this stature immediately gains a Heivân~Barâdar level for each level of paladin he trades in.

The character level of the character does not change. With the loss of paladin levels, the character no longer gains as many extra abilities for being a fallen paladin.

Sample Encounter

EL 15: Give the encounter level and description of a sample member of this class and a stat block for him/her.

Degst the Reborn
    CN/Male/Half-Orc/Fallen Paladin 5/ Heivân~Barâdar 10
    Init +0, Senses: Listen +, Spot +,
    Languages
    ------------------------------------------------
    AC , touch , flat-footed ()
    hp ( HD)
    Fort +, Ref +, Will +
    Speed ft. ( squares)
    Melee
    Base Atk +, Grp +
    Atk Options
    Combat Gear
    Spells Prepared
    Supernatural Abilities
    -----------------------------------------------
    Abilities Str 14, Dex 12, Con 16, Int 10, Wis 15, Cha 18
    SQ
    Feats
    Skills
    Possessions

7. - Top - End - #487

GOBLIN TRAPPER

Catch me if you can.

Taking their opponents by surprise has been a long honored tradition among the goblin tribes for as long anyone (or thing) can remember. While most goblins are masters at the art of the snaring, the goblin trapper takes it one step further and plans elaborate traps for his enemies. Any schmuck can lay a rope and call it a snare, but to execute a perfectly fatal trap is an art few goblins can ever hope to achieve.

BECOMING A GOBLIN TRAPPER
    Most goblin trappers come from the ranks of rogues who dabble in a little arcane spellcasting. Goblin rangers are also common entrants into this prestige class as well, as are bards.
    Some arcane casters take up the mantle of trapper, and with the help of their magic they can be terrifying to encounter. Members of other adventuring class' rarely become trappers.

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
    Race: Goblin or Goblinoid
    Skills: Craft (Trapmaking) 8 ranks, Disguise 4 ranks, Sleight of Hand 4 ranks,
    Feats: Skill Focus (Craft: Trapmaking)
    Spells: Able to cast Alarm.
    Special: Potential goblin trappers must have either successfully used the trap skill to capture a prisoner alive OR they must have used the trap skill to kill an enemy of their tribe.

Class Skills
    Goblin Trapper’s class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are:
    Appraise (Int), Bluff (Cha), Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Disable Device (Int), Disguise (Cha), Escape Artist (Dex), Hide (Dex), Listen (Wis), Move Silent (Dex), Open Lock (Dex), Search (Int), Sleight of Hand (Dex), Spot (Wis), Use Magic Device (Cha)
    Skills Points at Each Level : 6 + int

Hit Dice: d6

Code:
       BAB  Fort    Ref    Will  Abilities
    1. +0    +0     +2     +0    Trapper Skills, 1/Day Booby Trap 2d8
    2. +1    +0     +3     +0    Incorporate Melee Touch Spell
    3. +1    +1     +3     +1    2/Day Booby Trap 4d8
    4. +2    +1     +4     +1    Elemental Trap
    5. +2    +1     +4     +1    3/Day Booby Trap 6d8
    6. +3    +2     +5     +2    Incorporate Ranged Touch Spell
    7. +3    +2     +5     +2    4/Day Booby Trap 8d8
    8. +4    +2     +6     +2    Elemental Trap
    9. +4    +3     +6     +3    5/Day Booby Trap 10d8 
    10.+5    +3     +7     +3   Incorporate Any Spell
    Code:
    GOBLIN TRAPPER CASTER LEVELS
    Level          
    1   +1 Level of Existing Arcane Spell Casting Class
    2   +1 Level of Existing Arcane Spell Casting Class
    4   +1 Level of Existing Arcane Spell Casting Class
    5   +1 Level of Existing Arcane Spell Casting Class
    7   +1 Level of Existing Arcane Spell Casting Class
    8   +1 Level of Existing Arcane Spell Casting Class
    10  +1 Level of Existing Arcane Spell Casting Class
    Weapon Proficiencies: A goblin trapper gains no new weapon or armor proficiencies.

Trapper Skills: Goblin trappers gain a new use for the Appraise, Craft (Trap Making), Disguise, and the Sleight of Hand skills.

Appraise: If a goblin trapper takes 1 full minute to study a trap made by some else they may make an Appraise check against the traps Disable Device DC to learn every detail. If they succeed the goblin trapper knows how to build the trap, and further more gains a +2 competence bonus on all Disable Device checks made to disarm traps created by that one particular person.

Craft (Trapmaking): Results of these checks sets the DC for all reflex saves any goblin trappers traps might allow. It also sets the Disable Device DCs others would have to make tio disarm any goblin trappers traps.

Disguise: Goblin trappers may choose to make a disguise check in order to increase the Search and Spot DC of all of their traps. The result of this check is the new DC. This check can only be made once and the goblin trapper must keep the result even if it is worse than the normal Search or Spot DC for that trap.

Sleight of Hand: In order to use their Booby Trap ability in combat a goblin trapper must first make a Sleight of Hand check opposed by the enemies Spot check. If the goblin trapper succeeds they are able to lay a trap without alerting their enemies, if they fail they are unable to lay a booby trap.

Booby Trap (Su): Once per day per two class levels this ability lets the goblin trapper cast a modified version of the Alarm spell that allows them to set a trap with it. In addition to its standard effects, when the spell is cast the goblin trapper may designate a 5 ft. square and a trap is set in that square. The Spot DC to identify the trap is equal to the goblin trappers Disguise skill check.

Initial damage for the trap is 2d8, and it increases every even level gained to a max of 10d8 at 10th level.

Any creature that fails its spot check to see the trap when they move into a trapped square during combat set off the trap with no reflex save. Those that make their spot checks are allowed a Reflex save for half damage.

This provokes attacks of opportunity as is normal for casting a spell. It is possible to disarm a goblin trappers booby trap. See Trapper Skills above for the DCs.
    Outside of combat use the standard rules for handling traps using the DCs given here and the duration of the Alarm spell.

Incorporate Touch Spell (Su): Beginning at second level, as a full round action and by giving up 2d8 from the damage of their booby trap, the goblin trapper may incorporate a a single touch spell into the trap. This spell must have a casting time of a standard action or less.

As another use of this ability the goblin trapper can opt to place his touch spells into any of his special goblin trapper weapon (Acid Flask, Alchemist Fire, Etc.). The casting time of the spell does not change, and the goblin trapper may use it that round or hold it until either the weapon is used or a number of rounds equal to caster level have passed. The spell effect is in addition to whatever effect the weapon already has.

At 6th level they gain the ability to incorporate a single ranged touch attack spell into their booby trap. This costs 4d6 damage from the booby trap. The spell functions as normal except the range of the spell is limited to 15 feet (disregard the range given for the spell).

Elemental Trap (Su): Starting at 4th level a goblin trapper may choose one element, from the list below, which he is than able to apply to any traps he creates. He may choose again at 8th. Once chosen these cannot be changed.

Acid: Booby traps with this ability have a number of their base damage dice converted over to acid damage. The character may exchange 1d8 base damage for 1d6 Acid, up to their max number of dice. Further more all acid damage from traps of this type persists for 1d4+2 rounds unless somehow neutralized.

Cold: Same as Acid except instead of persistent acid damage the victim is affected as if under the effects of a Slow spell, caster level equal to character level.

Electricity: As acid except all damage is subdual and creatures within 10 ft. of the trap must also make reflex saves at the booby traps DC or be struck my bolts of electricity that deal half the initial damage dealt. Those that fail their save by 5 or more are stunned for 1d4 rounds.

Fire: As acid except damage dice are d10 and the duration is only 1d4 rounds.

Sonic:As acid except all the damage is subdual and victim must make a Fortitude save (DC 10+number of dice converted+1/2 goblin trapper level) or be deafened for 1d4 rounds. Those that fail their save by 5 or more are also stunned for 1d4 rounds. This applies to all creatures within 10 feet of the trap.

Incorporate Any Spell(Su): At 10th level a goblin trapper gains the amazing ability to incorporate any spell he can cast of 5th level or lower, with a casting time of one standard action or less, into his booby traps. As with the other Incorporate Spell abilities, the casting time for the spell is increased to a full round action and provokes attacks of opportunity.

PLAYING A GOBLIN TRAPPER
    Avoid direct combat. You are the sneaky guy who plans the ambush and prepares the defenses.
    Combat: Plan ahead at all times. When you can set up an area for an ambush and try to lure enemies into it. When in combat make use of you ability to imbue your touch spells into you thrown weapons.
    Advancement: There are two routese a goblin trapper might focus on, and that is killing quickly or taking prisoners alive. Either route will have a huge impact on the type of character you run.
    Resources: There is only one reliable resource and it is you.

GOBLIN TRAPPERS IN THE WORLD
    "We never even saw their damned village. We got about an hours ride in when the first trap took out our captain. They just went down the ranks, we never had a chance." Ulic Faarthson, Lone Survivor of the 3rd Company

Goblin trappers are the source of nightmares for many. They are patient hunters who can single handedly wipe out entire squads. Among the villages of the goblins goblin trappers are feared and respected, often finding themselves in leadership roles though they do not want them.
    Daily Life: Goblin trappers are first and foremost trappers, and their skills are in high demand just to supply food for the village. Otherwise they are spending time developing new and exciting traps.
    Notables: Gurail Hoon was one of the most famous of all goblin trapper. Single handedly he was able to take out all 500 soldiers of the 3rd company. His village did not even know of the army moving in on them until hunters found the hundreds of dead some weeks later..
    Organizations: There are no real organizations devoted to the trappers, though many thieves guilds shell out hefty sums of gold to keep at least one goblin trapper on the payroll.

NPC Reaction
    Your one of the most most feared goblins, though nobody will know it until they see you in action. In most cases NPCs will see you as just another goblin to abuse, but anybody who knows of your skills will rightly fear and respect you. Likely there will be bounties for goblin trappers, so it is best to keep a low profile.

GOBLIN TRAPPERS IN THE GAME
    Encounters will quickly become a game of cat and mouse, with the trapper doing his thing and then running to hide further away. Any encounters with goblin trappers will require lots of skill checks, which may potentially slow things down, so have any traps you might use regularly already stated out.
    Adaptation: This class will fit in nicely with any goblin heavy campaigns. You can build your goblins around this class, or just throw in members of this class to help spice up any rather bland goblin encounters.
    Encounters: Goblin trappers will most likely go unrecognized. Encounters with members of this class are more often with their traps rather than the trappers themselves. If encountered on friendly terms the trappers are generally aloof and slightly distant, keeping their own counsel and only giving as much information as they fell necessary.

Sample Encounter
    Give an example of how one might encounter a member of this PrC.
    EL x: Give the encounter level and description of a sample member of this class and a stat block for him/her.

Name
    alignment/Gender/Race/Levels
    Languages
    hp ( HD)
    Fort +, Ref +, Will +
    Speed ft. ( squares)
    Melee
    Base Atk +, Grp +
    Atk Options
    Combat Gear
    Spells Prepared
    Supernatural Abilities
    Abilities Str , Dex , Con , Int , Wis , Cha
    SQ
    Feats
    Skills
    Possessions

8. - Top - End - #488
    Bugbear in the Playground

Okay, on everyone's suggestions, I knocked back the feat to just the goblinoid subtype and darkvision. Now come the advancements to the feat, similar to a bloodline. I like the bloodline concept, but I feel I work better with feats than bloodlines. Who knows, maybe bloodlines as feats would be a good idea overall? The kinship feats are essentially me trying to come up with new ideas to fool around with. I tried to balance them out the best I could; the bugbear kinship has Move Silently, the blue kinship has Ride, and the goblin kinship has both at the cost of a unique note like the other two. The hobbo is a bit "meh" to figure out something unique for.

Goblinoid Affinity
    You interact well with your goblin kin.
    Prerequisites: Goblinoid-Blooded.
    Benefits: You gain a +2 bonus on all Bluff, Diplomacy, Gather Information, Intimidate, and Perform checks made to interact with goblinoids.

Kinship (Blue)
    You have some of the riding skills and psionic talent of the mentally powerful blue.
    Prerequisites: Goblinoid-Blooded, Goblinoid Affinity.
    Benefits: You gain a +2 bonus to Ride checks and and 1 bonus power point at first level.
    Note: You can only take one Kinship feat.

Kinship (Bugbear)
    You have the thick skin and ambush skills of the tough bugbear.
    Benefits: You gain a +2 natural armor bonus to AC and a +2 bonus to Move Silently checks.

Kinship (Goblin)
    You have some of the sneaky qualities and riding skills of the nimble goblin.
    Benefits: You gain a +2 bonus to Move Silently and Ride checks.
    Last edited by Rappy; 2008-12-21 at 05:37 AM.
    LGBTitP

9. - Top - End - #489

And more incoming! Sorry Rappy, but I think your bloodline feats may be getting swamped by my PrC dump.
    --
    GOBLIN PIGSTICKER

I knows! I jus' put teh pointy end in teh other guy! I 'ill be the shadows, he 'ill never see me... Thens we eat good!
    Gippy, Goblin Pigsticker

Goblins eat anything. Its a fact of life that all other races have had to come to terms with. The first goblin pigstickers were hunters who would gather food for their tribe by any means necessary. At some point they began hunting humans, the tribe having gotten a taste for 'long pork'. Humans proved to be wily prey though, and it took a special sort of goblin to hunt them successfully.

Over the years hunters became more and more specialized in tracking and taking down their ultimate prey. With time they have honed their skills to a quasi-mystical art form, tapping into their innate connection to shadows and darkness. It was only natural for this connection to bring them into contact with the Plane of Shadow, where they befriended the first shadow mastiffs, finding kindred spirits in the extraplanar canines who shared their love of the hunt and their appetite for sentient flesh.

The art of hunting humans has long since expanded to hunting all sorts of sentient humanoids. The goblin pigstickers original shadow mastiff companions have long since become native outsiders who will only deal with the pigstickers on equal terms.

BECOMING A GOBLIN PIGSTICKER
    The road to become a goblin pigsticker is a difficult one. Most pigstickers started their careers as rangers, who then picked up the skills of a rogue. The opposite is also true as well, with master rogues taking levels in ranger. Rarely druids will branch out, taking a few levels of rogue and a level of ranger in order to track down and kill interlopers to their woods.
    ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
    Race: Goblin
    Skills: Hide 9 Ranks, Move Silently 9 Ranks
    Feats: Stealthy, Weapon Finesse
    Special: +2d6 Sneak Attack;
    AND
    Favored Enemy (Humanoid): Any humanoid is acceptable, the most common types are Dwarf, Elf, Gnome, Halfling, and Human;
    AND
    Animal Companion class feature.

Class Skills
    Goblin Pigsticker’s class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are....
    Balance (Dex), Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Disguise (Cha), Escape Artist (Dex), Hide (Dex), Jump (Str), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Profession (Wis), Search (Int), Spot (Wis), Survival (Wis), and Use Magic Device (Cha).
    Skills Points at Each Level : 6 + int

Code:
    1. +0    +0     +2     +0    Harness The Night, Still Hate 'Em
    2. +1    +0     +3     +0    +1d6 Sneak Attack
    3. +2    +1     +3     +1    Beast Buddy of The Dark
    4. +3    +1     +4     +1    +2d6 Sneak Attack, Shadow Jump (20 ft.)
    5. +3    +1     +4     +1    Shadow Illusion 3/Day
    6. +4    +2     +5     +2    +3d6 Sneak Attack, Shadow Jump (40ft.)
    7. +5    +2     +5     +2    Can You See Me Now
    8. +6    +2     +6     +2    +4d6 Sneak Attack, Shadow Jump (80 ft.)
    9. +6    +3     +6     +3    Shadow Shaper
    10.+7   +3     +7     +3    +5d6 Sneak Attack, Shadow Jump (160 ft.)
    Weapon and Armor Proficiency: Goblin pigstickers are proficient with all simple weapons, as well as all light martial weapons, the rapier, and the whip. Goblin pigstickers are proficient with light armor, but not with shields. Goblin pigstickers with druid levels can add this list to their druid-allowed weapon list.

Harness The Night (Su): In any sort of heavily shadowed condition a goblin pigsticker gains a bonus equal to his goblin pigsticker level on all hide checks. This ability is negated in any light greater than that produced by a Light spell.

Still Hate 'Em (Ex): A goblin pigstickers class levels stack with their ranger levels to determine when they gain new favored enemies and their bonuses when dealing with their favored enemies. When choosing a new favored enemy with this ability the pigsticker is limited to only humnoids.

Sneak Attack: A goblin pigsticker can do sneak attacks just like a rogue. He gains the indicated amount as bonus damage on a successful sneak attack. These bonus dice stack with similar bonus' from other class's. Against his favored enemies a goblin pigsticker gains an additional +1d6 damage for each +2 bonus he gains from his Favored Enemy class ability.

Beast Buddy of The Dark (Ex): At third level a goblin pigsticker gains the willing companionship of a Shadow Mastiff. This beast takes the place of a regular animal companion. This creature is a loyal companion that accompanies the pigsticker on his adventures. The beast is treated as a native outsider, so it cannot be dispelled or banished and can be resurrected. Use the Druids Animal Companion rules presented on pg. 36 of the PHB for information on handling animal companions. The shadow mastiff is considered a 10th level Alternative Animal Companion and the pigsticker is treated as a druid of equal character level for purposes of advancing the shadow mastiff. Only the shadow mastiff qualifies for this ability, and the druid levels only count in regards to the shadow mastiff.

Goblin pigstickers are immune to the bay of their shadow mastiff companion, but not that of other shadow mastiffs.

Shadow Jump (Su): At 4th level, a pigsticker gains the ability to travel between shadows as if by means of a Dimension Door spell. The limitation is that the magical transport must begin and end in an area with at least some heavy shadow. A pigsticker can jump up to a total of 20 feet each day in this way; This may be a single jump of 20 feet or two jumps of 10 feet each. Every two levels higher than 4th, the distance a pigsticker can jump each day doubles (40 feet at 6th, 80 feet at 8th, and 160 feet at 10th). This amount can be split among many jumps, but each one, no matter how small, counts as a 10-foot increment.

This ability only functions for the pigsticker and his shadow mastiff companion. Pigstickers may choose to jump alone or with their shadow mastiff, but not the shadow mastiff alone.

Shadow Illusion (Sp): When a pigsticker reaches 5th level, he can create simple visual illusions. This ability’s effect is identical to that of the arcane spell Silent Image and may be employed three times per day with a caster level equal to his pigsticker levels.

Can You See Me Now (Su): At 7th level a goblin pigsticker can use the Hide skill even while being observed. As long as he is within 10 feet of some sort of shadow, a pigsticker can hide himself from view in the open without anything to actually hide behind. He cannot, however, hide in his own shadow.

Shadow Shaper (Su): Goblin pigstickers of 9th level and higher are able to shape the shadows around them. This ability functions just like the spell Shadow Conjuration cast by a wizard of half the pigstickers total level. It is usable twice per day.

PLAYING A GOBLIN PIGSTICKER
    Shadows and darkness are your friend. Keep in the dark as much as possible
    Combat: Goblin pigstickers usually start off combat by having their shadow mastiff use its Bay ability to confuse and panic weaker enemies. Enemies who resist the bay become targets for a shadow jump sneak attack. Hit and run tactics are your friend. Your shadow mastiff companion can panic many enemies, sending them fleeing into the darkness where you can pick individuals off quickly.
    Advancement: Goblin pigstickers have a pretty straight forward advancement. They can also choose to advance any of their other classes as well. If they went primarily ranger then they could continue to advance in that class for the combat abilities. If they chose to just dip into ranger for the Favored Enemy, but were mostly druid then they could continue to advance as Druid for the spellcasting, which can make for exceptionally dangerous pigstickers.
    Resources: Most goblin pigstickers are highly respected and valued members of their communities. If a pigsticker is associated with a particular tribe or village then he can expect to have members of that community ready to aid him when needed, but only if it falls within the normal behaviors for them. Goblin pigstickers are also highly sought after by the armies of their larger cousins, such as hobgoblins and bugbears, where they act as spies, assassins, and recon specialists.

GOBLIN PIGSTICKERS IN THE WORLD
    It came out of nowhere. I had just started my watch when I heard the call of its beast, then the thing just appeared. Than the killing started...
    Goblin pigstickers are first and foremost lone hunters and trackers for their communities. Very rarely do humans or their allies survive encounters with them, and when the survivor tells their stories these are often dismissed by their fellows as an exaggeration. The exception to this is the elves, whose trackers and rangers often come across the remains of a pigsticker hunt.
    Daily Life: Your day usually starts at dusk. You will get a report on your particular races activities during that day, then prepare to hunt accordingly. When the call to arms is sounded you are usually the first to respond, putting your skills as a scout to use in order to gain the greatest advantage for your less courageous allies to plan their ambushes.
    Notables: One of the greatest goblin pigstickers of all time was a nondescript little goblin who went by the name of Gippy. He and his shadow mastiff companion, Dusk Fang, were masters of tracking down and killing elves, the hardest of prey. On one occasion the pair single-handedly took out an entire isolated elf village in the course of just one week, earning him the elven name "Si Paer Ail Si Bol", The Death In The Night.
    Organizations: Goblin pigstickers are usually loners, seeking only the companionship of their shadow mastiffs. When tackling particularly tough hunts, such as taking entire villages, they may band together along with many other members of their village or tribe in order to do the job as efficiently as possible. Occasionally pigstickers will maintain contact with similarly aligned druids and rangers they knew prior to taking this PrC.

NPC Reaction
    You are a goblin who specifically hunts humans and their allies, so feelings about you are mixed. To those you hunt you are a menace, and a creature of unspeakably horror, if you are not first dismissed as simple myth. To those of your tribe who depend on you for the meat and equipment you bring in you are a hero, though still something to be feared and respected. If you are serving in any sort of military capacity you are a valuable soldier and a feared enemy.

GOBLIN PIGSTICKERS IN THE GAME
    The ability to shadow jump in and sneak attack are a devastating combination. Expect pigsticker characters to be in and out of combat when in areas of heavy shadow or darkness.
    Adaptation: Pigsticker can actually be applied to any race that has a tribal or clan structure and also eats other humanoids. Pigsticker is the goblin term for it, though Shadow Stalker, (X-Race) Slayer, or other similar types of names can also work. Just change the race requirement to whatever suits you, or remove it entirely.
    Encounters: Most often pigsticker npcs will only be encountered if they are hunting one or all of the PCs. Under very rare circumstances players may need to seek out the assistance of a pigsticker, usually this will involve them hiring the hunter to take out specific members of the pigstickers favored race.
    Another common encounter is during times of conflict, when PCs may encounter lone pigstickers that are acting as advance scouts, or small units containing several pigstickers and their companions on assassination missions.

Sample Encounter
    As stated above, most encounters with Goblin Pigstickers occur when they are out hunting.

And your the prey...
    [sblock=Gippys Hunt]
    EL 20: Your group is walking along a forest trail, through the lengthening shadows of dusk, searching for a suitable place to make camp. As you all look about for somewhere to settle in for the night none of you can shake the feeling that something is watching you. A quick search of the area by your guide, an elf ranger and his wolf companion, turns up nothing. Yet you all still feel the need to gather a little extra firewood to help keep the shadows at bay.

As night falls your little band of adventurers begins to get comfortable, the ranger offers to take first watch. This has become the regular routine over the last several days, so none of you think anything of it and turn in. Just as you are beginning to drift off to sleep though you hear the elf begin to say something, but his words are lost as they quickly turn into a gurgling scream. As you come fully awake something wet splatters the sides of your tent, and the crackling firelight makes the now dripping smears dance wildly as you grope for your sword.

Then you hear the bay of a beast from your nightmares. It pierces all the way to your soul, bringing back every fear of every night terror from your childhood. You shake the feeling quickly though, as your little group of thrill seekers grab up their weapons and charge out into the cool night air. You are all greeted by the sight of your elven guide hanging from a tree, his insides torn out.
    It had taken less than 20 seconds from the first sound, and as you look on in horror his sharp elven eyes blink several times at you, a pleading look on his smooth face, before going dull.

Then from out of the darkness you hear a high pitched but grating voice laugh at your distress. From everywhere and nowhere you hear the voice whisper to you "Now the hunt begins..."

Still need to do the stats for Dusk Fang, but Gippy himself is done.
    Gippy, The Death In The Night
    NE Male Goblin Rogue3/Druid6/Ranger1/Goblin Pigsticker 10
    Init: +11 Senses: Listen +3, Spot +18, Dark Vision 60 feet
    Languages: Common, Goblin, Elven, Druidic
    AC: 27; Touch 19; Flat-footed 21 (10 +4 Leather, +6 Dex, +1 Size, +3 Deflection, +3 Natural)
    HP: 95 (3d6+6d8+1d8+10d6+20 HD)
    Fort +16, Ref +25, Will +15
    Speed: 30ft. (6 Squares)
    Special Movement: Shadow Jump 160 Ft.
    Base Atk: +14/+9/+4 Grp: +11
    Melee: +25/+20/+15 (+27/+22/+17 Vs. Elves) Ranged: +24/+19/+14
    Damage: +3 Flaming Elf Bane Short Sword 1d4+1d6+4 19-20/x2 (17-20/x2 W/ Keen) Melee; +2 Thundering Shock Composite Shotbow 1d4+1d6+1 20/x3 (+2d8 Sonic On Critical) Ranged
    Atk Options: Sneak Attack +7d6 (+10d6/Elves, +9d6/Humans, +8d6 Halflings), Wild Shape 3/Day
    Combat Gear: +3 Flaming Elf Bane Short Sword, +2 Thundering Shock Composite Shortbow (+1 Str)
    Spells Prepared:
    0: Create Water x 2, Detect Magic, Mending, Read Magic
    1st: Entangle, Faerie Fire, Obscuring Mist, Produce Flame
    2nd: Barkskin, Bulls Strength, Spider Climb, Tree Shape
    3rd: Call Lightning, Poison, Quench
    Supernatural Abilities: Can You See Me Now, Harness The Night, Shadow Illusion 3/Day, Shadow Shaper 2/Day
    Abilities: Str 12, Dex 24, Con 13, Int 12, Wis 16, Cha 10
    SQ: Dark Vision 60 Ft., Small Size, Trap Finding, Improved Evasion, Trap Sense +1, Animal Companion, Nature Sense, Wild Empathy, Woodland Stride, Trackless Step, Resist Natures Lure, Wild Shape, Favored Enemy (Elf +6, Human +4, Halfling +2), Track, Can You See Me Now, Still Hate 'Em, Beast Buddy Of The Dark, Shadow Jump, Harness The Night, Shadow Illusion, Shadow Shaper
    Feats: Stealthy, Weapon Finesse, Track, Improved Initiative, Dodge, Mobility, Spring Attack, Natural Spell
    Skills: Balance +7, Concentration +11, Disguise +25, Escape Artist +7, Hide +60 (+70 in heavy shadow), Jump +10, Knowledge (Nature) +26, Listen +3, Move Silently +41, Ride +11, Search +20, Spot +18, Survival +28
    Spell Casting: Druid Spells 5/4/4/3

Possessions: +3 Flaming Elf Bane Short Sword, +2 Thundering Shock Composite Shortbow (+1 Str), +2 Wild Leather of Improved Shadow (glamored to look like silver-ish leather), Ring of Protection +3, Ring of Chameleon, Potion of Nondetection, Wand of Cure Moderate Wounds (25 Charges), Amulet of Natural Armor +3, Boots of Elvenkind, Cloak of Resistance +4, 2 Elixirs of Sneaking (+10 competence Move Silently/1 hour), Gloves of Dexterity +4, Hat of Disguise (uses it to look like a halfling), Hewards Handy Haversack, Ioun Stone (Deep Red Sphere +2 Enhancement Dex), Scabbard of Keen Edges, Druids Vestments, 174pp, 62gp, 103sp

Sneak Attack If Gippy can catch an opponent when he is unable to defend himself effectively from his attack, he can strike a vital spot for extra damage.
    On a successful attack against an opponent who is denied their dexterity bonus to AC, Gippy deals an addition 7d6 points of Sneak Attack damage.
    Ranged attacks can count as sneak attacks as well, but only if the target is within 30 feet.

Gippys goblin pigsticker levels grant him a special sneak attack against his favored enemies. For every +2 bonus he gets from his favored enemy ability, Gippy gets an additional +1d6 SA damage.

Trapfinding: Gippy can use the Search skill to locate traps when the task has a Difficulty Class higher than 20.
    Finding a nonmagical trap has a DC of at least 20, or higher if it is well hidden. Finding a magic trap has a DC of 25 + the level of the spell used to create it.
    Gippy can use the Disable Device skill to disarm magic traps. A magic trap generally has a DC of 25 + the level of the spell used to create it.
    If Gippy beats a trap’s DC by 10 or more with a Disable Device check he can study the trap, figure out how it works, and bypass it without disarming it.

Improved Evasion (Ex): This ability works like evasion, except that while Gippy still takes no damage on a successful Reflex saving throw against attacks, he takes only half damage on a failed save. If Gippy is helpless he does not gain the benefit of improved evasion.

Trap Sense (Ex): Gippy has an intuitive sense that alerts him to danger from traps, giving him a +1 bonus on Reflex saves made to avoid traps and a +1 dodge bonus to AC against attacks made by traps.

Spontaneous Casting: Gippy can channel stored spell energy into summoning spells that he hasn’t prepared ahead of time. He can "lose" a prepared spell in order to cast any summon nature’s ally spell of the same level or lower.

Wild Empathy (Ex): Gippy can improve the attitude of an animal. This ability functions just like a Diplomacy check made to improve the attitude of a person. Gippy rolls 1d20 and adds his druid level and his Charisma modifier to determine the wild empathy check result.
    The typical domestic animal has a starting attitude of indifferent, while wild animals are usually unfriendly.
    To use wild empathy, Gippy and the animal must be able to study each other, which means that they must be within 30 feet of one another under normal conditions. Generally, influencing an animal in this way takes 1 minute but, as with influencing people, it might take more or less time.
    Gippy can also use this ability to influence a magical beast with an Intelligence score of 1 or 2, but he takes a -4 penalty on the check.

Woodland Stride (Ex): Gippy may move through any sort of undergrowth (such as natural thorns, briars, overgrown areas, and similar terrain) at his normal speed and without taking damage or suffering any other impairment. However, thorns, briars, and overgrown areas that have been magically manipulated to impede motion still affect him.

Trackless Step (Ex): Gippy leaves no trail in natural surroundings and cannot be tracked. He may choose to leave a trail if so desired.

Resist Nature’s Lure (Ex): Gippy gains a +4 bonus on all saving throws against the spell-like abilities of fey.

Wild Shape (Su): Gippy has the ability to turn himself into any Small or Medium animal and back again three times per day. His options for new forms include all creatures with the animal type. This ability functions like the alternate form special ability, except as noted here. The effect lasts for 1 hour per druid level, or until he changes back. Changing form (to animal or back) is a standard action and doesn’t provoke an attack of opportunity. Each time he uses wild shape, he regain lost hit points as if he had rested for a night.
    Any gear, except his armor, worn or carried by Gippy melds into the new form and becomes nonfunctional. When he reverts to his true form, any objects previously melded into the new form reappear in the same location on his body that they previously occupied and are once again functional. Any new items worn in the assumed form fall off and land at Gippys feet.
    The form chosen must be that of an animal Gippy is familiar with.
    Gippy loses the ability to speak while in animal form because he is limited to the sounds that a normal, untrained animal can make, but he can communicate normally with other animals of the same general grouping as his new form. (The normal sound a wild parrot makes is a squawk, so changing to this form does not permit speech.)
    The new form’s Hit Dice can’t exceed Gippys druid level.

Favored Enemy (Ex): Gippys favored enemies are elves, humans, and halflings. He gains a +6 bonus on Bluff, Listen, Sense Motive, Spot, and Survival checks when using these skills against elves. Likewise, he gets a +6 bonus on weapon damage rolls as well.
    For humans this bonus drops to +4; for halflings it drops again to +2.

Can You See Me Now (Su): Gippy can use the Hide skill even while being observed. As long as he is within 10 feet of some sort of shadow, a he can hide himself from view in the open without anything to actually hide behind. He cannot, however, hide in his own shadow.

Beast Buddy of The Dark (Ex): Gippy long ago gained the willing companionship of a Shadow Mastiff, which he has named Dusk Fang. This beast takes the place Gippys regular animal companion. Dusk Fang is a loyal companion that accompanies Gippy on his adventures. The beast is treated as a native outsider, so it cannot be dispelled or banished and can be resurrected. Use the Druids Animal Companion rules presented on pg. 36 of the PHB for information on handling animal companions. Dusk Fnag is treated as a 10th level animal companion, and Gippy is treated as a 20th level Druid for purposes regarding the advancement of Dusk Fang.
    Gippy is immune to the bay of his shadow mastiff companion, but not that of other shadow mastiffs.

Shadow Jump (Su): Gippy has totally mastered his ability to travel between shadows as if by means of a Dimension Door spell. His only limitation is that the magical transport must begin and end in an area with at least some heavy shadow. Gippy can jump up to a total of 160 feet each day in this way; This may be a single jump of 10 feet or multiple jumps of varying distances. His max distance of 160 feet can be split among many jumps. Gippy can jump less than 10 feet at a time, but no matter how small, it still counts as a 10-foot increment.
    This ability only functions for Gippy and Dusk Fang. Gippy may choose to jump alone or with his shadow mastiff, but cannot jump the shadow mastiff alone.

Shadow Illusion (Sp): Gippy can create simple visual illusions using the stuff of shadows. This ability’s effect is identical to that of the arcane spell Silent Image and may be employed three times per day. He has a CL of 10.

Harness The Night (Su): In any sort of heavily shadowed condition Gippy gains a bonus equal to his goblin pigsticker levels (+10) on all hide checks. This ability is negated in any light greater than that produced by a Light spell.

Shadow Shaper (Su): Gippy has reached the pinnacle of the goblin pigstickers shadow mastery and is able to shape the shadows around himself. This ability functions just like the spell Shadow Conjuration cast by a wizard of 10th level. It is usable twice per day.
    [/sblock]

10. - Top - End - #490

GOBLIN QUEEN

"Not all goblins are ugly little wretches. If I were to remove my mask, human, you would be struck dumb and blind by my beuty, if I so chose. And you speak of power, of leading armies into battle, your destiny! HA! You pretentious monkey, I have led my personal troops into countless battles, and know first hand what it means to lead."
    Fielka of the Veil, Goblin Queen

Most goblins can be described as homely, at best. Even those of mixed human and goblin heritage tend to fall outside the norm when it comes to physical beauty. Overall though goblins are generally seen as hideous little creatures, grossely lacking in civility, grace and charm. Though this stereotype may hold true for most goblins there are, as in all things, exceptions to the rule. These exceptions are the exotic and alluring goblin queens.
    Where average goblins are uncouth, repellant, and crass a goblin queen is refined, appealing, and sophisticated. While other goblins may be varying shades of ugly, the goblin queen is painfully beautiful. Even the most bigoted observers cannot deny the attraction they feel when they encounter a goblin queen in all her glory.
    Many tribes of goblins are under the control of at least one goblin queen, declaring themselves for her and swearing oaths of service. These simple goblins usually fill out the ranks of her dedicated followers, and often times the goblin queen will select her special consorts (READ: cohorts) from this pool. Controlling a tribe of her own is the goal of nearly all goblin queens, and this is seen as the natural order of things.
    Occasionally, though, a queen comes along with hopes of ruling over more than some goblin warrens. She has her eyes set on a much bigger prize, be it a small barony all the way up to whole empires. These queens give up their rank and power within their own communities to become a queen in exile, and take up the life of an adventurer. They seek like-minded followers and minions from the bigger, stronger races to fill the ranks of her forces.

BECOMING A GOBLIN QUEEN
    Most goblin queens start their careers as bards, using their wit and charm to beguile and control their audiences. Eventually they take the Leadership feat, giving them their first cohort and a few followers.
    Occasionally goblins with a sorcerous streak will take the title goblin queen, combining their greater spellcasting ability with their innate beauty to create a devastating combination. Goblin queens who hail from other base classes rarely, if ever, are drawn to this class.

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
    To qualify to become a goblin queen, a character must fulfill all the following criteria:
    Race: Goblin or Half-Goblin
    Skills: Diplomacy 6 Ranks, Intimidate 6 Ranks, Perform (Dancing, Singing, or Wind/Stringed Instrument) 9 Ranks
    Feats: *Force of Personality, Leadership
    Spellcasting: Ability to cast 2nd level arcane spells without preparation.
    Special: All goblin queens are female. Males are not allowed to take levels in this PrC. If a goblin queen somehow permanently changes sex into a male, he/she loses all goblin queen special abilities but retains their BaB, Saves, and Skills.
    *Force of Presonality: Complete Adventurer pg. 109.

Class Skills
    A goblin queen’s class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are...
    Balance (Dex), Bluff (Cha), Concentration (Con), Diplomacy (Cha), Disguise (Cha), Escape Artist (Dex), Gather Information (Cha), Hide (Dex), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Perform (Cha), Sense Motive (Wis), Sleight of Hand (Dex), Spellcraft (Int), and Tumble (Dex).
    Skills Points at Each Level: 6 + Int

Code:
       BAB  Fort    Ref    Will  Abilities                     Armor Bonus
    1. +0    +0     +0     +2    Bardic Music (Fascinate), Black Look 1/Day
    2. +1    +0     +0     +3    Bewitching Virtue, Message 3/Day
    3. +1    +1     +1     +3    Unearthly Grace, Black Look 2/Day
    4. +2    +1     +1     +4    Rallying Countenance
    5. +2    +1     +1     +4    Message at Will, Black Look 3/Day
    6. +3    +2     +2     +5    Blinding Beauty (1/Day, Full Round, 10ft)
    7. +3    +2     +2     +5    Arcane Eye 3/day,
    8. +4    +2     +2     +6    Blinding Beauty (3/Day, Standard, 30 ft.)
    9. +4    +3     +3     +6    Inspire Heroics
    10.+5    +3     +3     +7    Blinding Beauty (Unlimited, Immediate, 30 ft.), Diablita Angelica
    Code:
    Level    Spells per Day                AC Bonus
    1        +1 Level Of Existing Class       +0
    2                                         +1
    3        +1 Level Of Existing Class       +1
    4                                         +1
    5        +1 Level Of Existing Class       +1
    6                                         +2
    7        +1 Level Of Existing Class       +2
    8                                         +2
    9        +1 Level Of Existing Class       +2
    10                                       +3
    Weapon Proficiencies: Goblin queens do not wear armor or carry a shield. When wearing armor, using a shield, or carrying a medium or heavy load, a goblin queen loses her AC bonus from their normal AC Bonus and their Unearthly Grace abilities.

Spells per Day: At various levels a goblin queen gains new spells per day as if she had also gained a level in a spellcasting class she belonged to before adding this prestige class. She does not, however, gain any other benefit a character of that class would have gained, except for an increased effective level of spellcasting, spells per day, and spells available. If a character had more than one spellcasting class before becoming a goblin queen, she must decide to which class she adds the new level for purposes of determining spells per day.

AC Bonus (Ex): When unarmored and unencumbered, a goblin queen gains a special bonus to AC. At first level this bonus is +0, but over the course of her career this bonus eventually rises to +3.
    This bonuses to AC applies even against touch attacks or when the goblin queen is flat-footed. She loses these bonuses when she is immobilized or helpless, when she wears any armor, when she carries a shield, or when she carries a medium or heavy load.

Bardic Music: Goblin queen levels stack with bard levels for the purpose of determining the goblin queen's daily uses of her bardic music ability (if any) and the value of the bonus granted by Inspire Courage (if the goblin queen has that bardic music ability). For example, a 10th-level bard/4th-level goblin queen could use bardic music 14 times per day and his inspire courage ability would grant a +3 morale bonus on the appropriate rolls.
    A goblin queen also gains the fascinate bardic music ability, if she doesn't already have it. She can use her performance to cause one or more creatures to become fascinated with her. See the bard class feature, pg. 29 of the players handbook or on the SRD here.

Black Look (Su): Starting at 1st level as a standard action, an infuriated goblin queen can stun a creature within 30 feet with a hate filled look. The target creature must succeed on a Fortitude save (DC 10 + Goblin Queen Level + Cha Modifier) or be stunned for 2d4 rounds.
    At 1st level this ability is usable once per day. This improves to 2/day at third level and finally 3/day at fifth.

Bewitching Virtue (Ex): At 2nd level a goblin queen gains the services of an additional cohort. The goblin queens leadership score is treated as 5 levels lower when determining her new cohorts HD. This additional cohort is treated as a regular cohort in all respects, gaining experience and a small share of the loot except its max level is always 4 lower than the character (IE: XCLASSX6/GQ2: ECL8 with a +3 Cha modifier would have a base leadership score of 11. Her first cohort would have a max level of 6, her new cohort would have a max level of 2).
    The goblin queen gains the services of one additional cohort at level 6 and level 10. These additional cohorts fall under the same rules as above, but their max levels are the characters class level -6, and class level -8 respectively.

Message (Sp): Starting at second level a goblin queen develops the ability to stay in loose contact with her minions. 3/day she can use the spell Message as a spell -like ability (CL = Character Level). This allows the goblin queen monitor her minions movements as well as orchestrate and organize her troops.
    At fifth level she is able to use this ability at will.

Unearthly Grace (Su): Beginning at level three a goblin queens allure becomes otherworldly. The goblin queen adds her charisma modifier as a bonus on all her saving throws, and as a deflection bonus to her armor class. Finally, whenever dealing with males of any race with an intelligence of at least 5 (IE: orcs, humans, elves, giants, etc.) you gain your goblin queen levels as a circumstance bonus to all charisma based skill checks.

Rallying Countenance (Ex): Starting at fourth level a goblin queen can make a perform check to grant all allies within 30 ft. a morale bonus to their attack rolls, damage rolls, and saving throws.
    To use this ability a goblin queen must have at least 13 ranks in one of the requisite perform skills and her allies must be able to see and/or hear her. This is a full round action that provokes attacks of opportunity. Initially the bonus is +1, and improves by +1 for every ten points of the perform check results (IE: Goblin Queen has 13 ranks in Perform (Singing) and a charisma bonus of +3. Her player rolls a 15 making her total check 31, good enough for a +3 bonus). This bonus can change every round the ability is maintained but once the goblin queen stops concentrating, and for 5 rounds after, use the last check result.
    These effects last as long as the goblin queen concentrates (up to a maximum number of rounds equal to her Cha modifier). Maintaining concentration is a standard action. If the goblin queen should take damage of any sort she must make a Concentration check (DC = Damage Dealt) to maintain the ability.

Blinding Beauty (Su): Beginning at 6th level, a goblin queen gains the ability to blind those who look directly at her permenantly (as though by the Blindness/Deafness spell). At first this ability is only usable once a day and can only be used as full round action against a single target within 10 feet. At 8th level the range of her blinding beauty extends to 30 feet and may be used up to three times per day as a standard action. Finally at 10th level her gave attack reaches its full potential and can be used at will as an immediate action.
    Victims of the goblin queens beauty may resist the effect with a successful Fortitude save (DC = 10 + goblin queen level + goblin queens Cha modifier). Victims who make their saves are immune to that particular goblin queens blinding beauty for 24 hours, but can still be targeted by other goblin queens.

Arcane Eye (Sp): reconnaissance is a must in any combat situation, and the ability gather intelligence always important. At 7th level goblin queens gain the ability to use the spell Arcane Eye three times per day as a spell like ability with a CL equal to their goblin queen level + Cha modifier. This allows them to better prepare their minions in the field.

Inspire Heroics (Su): This ability functions exactly as the bard ability of the same name except it does not require bard level 15. The goblin queens PrC levels stack with bard levels for determining how many creatures can be inspired, otherwise it only affects one creature at a time.

Diablita Angelica: At 10th level the goblin queen has reached the pinnacle of her queenly powers and influence. Her type permenantly changes to fey. She gains a +2 racial bonus to all Reflex and Will saves, as well as a permenant +2 bonus to her Charisma.
    She also sprouts a pair of delicate insectile wings (good queens grow colorful butterfly-like wings; evil queens grow darkly colored moth-like wings). Her new wings grant her a fly speed equal to twice her base land speed and (Average) Maneuverability.
    In addition any goblin queen of this level that has an unmodified Charisma score of 20 or higher has her Blinding Beauty always active, except when she is either asleep or unconscious. Her face must be uncovered and visable to any targets within range. She can supress or resume this ability as a free action.

PLAYING A GOBLIN QUEEN
    Your minions are your primary offense and defense so keeping them in tip top shape is a high priority. Your stunning glance ability makes getting close to you for melee difficult, especially if your minions are in a postion to take advantage of it. This goes for blinding beauty as well.
    Whenever possible use your message ability to get you units into strategic postions for ambushes and counter attacks. At higher levels combine this with arcane eye to plan battles ahead of time and control the battlefield.
    Combat: Troop deployment and tactics will often be the deciding factor in a battle. If the opportunity arises to settle things without bloodshed, put your unique negotiating abilities to use.
    Advancement: Depending on what classes characters take prior to becoming goblin queens can have a huge impact on advancement. Baric queens tend to focus less on their magical aptitude and more on their bardic music to help buff their minions. Queens with multiple levels in an arcane spellcasting class, like sorcerer, usually rely less on their musical aptitude and more on buffing and controlling spells. A few levels of rogue can also be helpful, especially after characters gain the blinding beauty ability which leaves most blinded opponents flat-footed (exceptions include those with blind fighting or some sort of blind sense ability).
    When choosing your cohorts plan ahead and try to get cohorts that compliment your abilities as well as your other cohorts and followers. Whenever possible try to cover as many of these key components as possible: Melee, Ranged, Scout/Sneak, and Healing.
    Resources: Normally a goblin queen has her tribe to fall back on for support, recruits, and resources. Otherwise they have themselves, their allies and their minions to depend on. It is not uncommon at higher levels for a goblin queen to have a large villages to entire kingdoms to fall on.

GOBLIN QUEENS IN THE WORLD
    A quote of somebody else talking about your class!
    A brief description of how your class is persevered in the world and how he interacts with the world.
    Daily Life: Some general information about the typical day in the life of your class.
    Notables: Make up some cool information about notable figures in the history of your class. It's best to give a little information from one of the good alignment and evil alignment (unless it's a good or evil only class).
    Organizations: Some information about organizations dedicated to the practice of your class and other organizations which members of your class will be attracted towards.

NPC Reaction
    This is an in detail description of how NPC's would perceive your class and the immediate generalization that people would give of your class.

GOBLIN QUEENS IN THE GAME
    This is a good place to provide a quick note on how your class will effect game play statistically.
    Adaptation: This is a place where you put in detail how people can adapt your class into their campaign setting.
    Encounters: This is a place to describe what sort of encounters PC's will have with NPC versions of your class.

Sample Encounter
    Give an example of how one might encounter a member of this PrC.
    EL x: Give the encounter level and description of a sample member of this class and a stat block for him/her.

Name
    alignment/Gender/Race/Levels
    Languages
    hp ( HD)
    Fort +, Ref +, Will +
    Speed ft. ( squares)
    Melee
    Base Atk +, Grp +
    Atk Options
    Combat Gear
    Spells Prepared
    Supernatural Abilities
    Abilities Str , Dex , Con , Int , Wis , Cha
    SQ
    Feats
    Skills
    Possessions

11. - Top - End - #491

Okay. Whew. I think I have all of them. I am going to scour my comp and some more places on the interwebz before I say thats it. This is all my stuff from the WoTC boards. What does everyone think:)

12. - Top - End - #492
    Titan in the Playground

Hey Rap I'm updating the front page list, where did you put the Goblinoid blooded Feat at?
    Orcs and Goblins

13. - Top - End - #493

Right here. There you go, bhu, and I'm glad you are keeping record of all the stuff here.
    LGBTitP

14. - Top - End - #494
    Firbolg in the Playground

Goblin queen looks like an interesting concept, but I think something with obvious physical differences would work better as a race or template with a CHA bonus and some social SLA's(charm person 1 or 3/day?)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayngfet View Post
    I don't care what you feel.
    That pretty much sums up the Jayngfet experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
    something something Jayngfet experience.

15. - Top - End - #495
    Titan in the Playground

Thanks Rap. Small update to Stygian Blade, huge update to Pine Bender.
    Orcs and Goblins

16. - Top - End - #496
    Ettin in the Playground

For the Garu-Hound, zomg, too many bonus feats @_@
    They get bloody 7 of them, filling up 2 feat trees; That's ridiculous and overpowered, especially with the other powers it gets, like the auto-crit and other things. Way too much stuff for one PRC, at least w/ the requirements it has to get in. I'd raise the entry level to at least 9th w/ what you're throwing.

Reap is also over-powered, as a scythe has no real need to have auto-crit AND a crit multiplier increase. You gotta balance that back some, as Power Critical, the feat that used to allow you to 1/day auto-crit, got seriously nerfed. You gotta put some strings on that ability, like an attack penalty of something.

Yeesh, w/ this one PRC alone, you made the Talenta Halfings AND Tucker's Kobolds look like wimps and pushovers. I'm not sure whether to applaud or cry. Maybe I'll do both, i don't know.
    Goblin Cannon Crew avatar by Vrythas.
    Spoiler
    Show

Gnome Gun Mage avatar by NEO|Phyte
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletmanalive View Post
    Damn you Cieyrin! Cieyrin!!!!!read as Khaaaaan!

My badges! :D
    My Homebrew
    The Gunslinger's Handbook
    Archetype Combo List!

17. - Top - End - #497
    Titan in the Playground

Orc Thug updated, minor update to Stygian Blade.
    Orcs and Goblins

18. - Top - End - #498

The orcs were also fairly hard to work with, but here are their bloodline feats.

Orc-Blooded [Initial]
    You have orc blood.
    Prerequisites: Humanoid other than half-orc.
    Benefits: You gain darkvision out of 60 feet and the orc-blooded special quality.

Orc Affinity
    You get along with orcs and half-orcs well.
    Prerequisites: Orc-Blooded.
    Benefits: You gain a +2 bonus on all Bluff, Diplomacy, Gather Information, Intimidate, and Perform checks made to interact with orcs and half-orcs.

Orc Weaponry
    You are proficient with orc weapons.
    Prerequisites: Orc-Blooded.
    Benefits: You treat the orc-proficient exotic weapons such as orc double axes as martial weapons.
    Last edited by Rappy; 2008-12-23 at 05:37 AM.
    LGBTitP

19. - Top - End - #499
    Ettin in the Playground

Woo, i always liked Pine Bender and now he's got so much better. I can almost imagine a Pine Bender/War Hulk now. *drool*
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Archetype Combo List!

20. - Top - End - #500

Oh WOW!!!!! Some PEACHING!!!!!!! ZOMG! Its been so long...
    Please.
    Be gentle...

Quote Originally Posted by Jayngfet View Post
    Goblin queen looks like an interesting concept, but I think something with obvious physical differences would work better as a race or template with a CHA bonus and some social SLA's(charm person 1 or 3/day?)
    I am not very good at making templates, but I can do races (If anyone is interested I have a nifty ninja-monkey race that could use some attention *hint hint*).

With this class I figured it had more to do with the occasional goblin that came out pretty. I suppose it might be kind of a deformity given the goblin standards of beauty, be meh. Making a template out of it isn't a half bad idea though, I could do something like the half celestial/fiend template and give them more powers and whatnot as they gain HD.

Truth be told, I just wanted something for those rare goblins with super high charisma scores.

--

For the Garu-Hound, zomg, too many bonus feats @_@
    They get bloody 7 of them, filling up 2 feat trees; That's ridiculous and overpowered, especially with the other powers it gets, like the auto-crit and other things. Way too much stuff for one PRC, at least w/ the requirements it has to get in. I'd raise the entry level to at least 9th w/ what you're throwing.

Reap is also over-powered, as a scythe has no real need to have auto-crit AND a crit multiplier increase. You gotta balance that back some, as Power Critical, the feat that used to allow you to 1/day auto-crit, got seriously nerfed. You gotta put some strings on that ability, like an attack penalty of something.

Yeesh, w/ this one PRC alone, you made the Talenta Halfings AND Tucker's Kobolds look like wimps and pushovers. I'm not sure whether to applaud or cry. Maybe I'll do both, i don't know.
    This was another one of my early PrCs, like the Beast Rider only much less refined. I specifically made it a tad overpowered because I figured I could just trim off the excess where and when needed.

So you think I should lose the bonus feats? Or just grant bonus feats from one tree?

As for the 'Reap' ability, I wanted the class to get something that made the scythe a highly desirable weapon choice. Other than an attack penalty, what else do you think I should do to tone it down while still keeping that gut wrenching feel? I want the ability also to build up into the capstone (currently a Save vs. Die effect).

--

So what do you folks think of some of my other PrCs? In particular I am interested in feedback for my
    • Goblin Pot Shot Sniper: Been told its a tad over powered at level 10.
    • The Heivân~Barâdar: Spell list sucks, also not sure of the spell progression.
    • The Goblin Pigsticker: Its the reason for my avatar , and my personal favorite.

Any takers?

21. - Top - End - #501
    Ettin in the Playground

Don: I would say cut out the Weapon Spec tree for Scythe, as you'll be getting plenty nifty bonuses via being a mounted character, anyways, plus i'm of the school of thought that the Weapon Spec should stay a fighter thing. If you want to do something special with it, you could change the specific feats into a "Receive bonus feat from this list," which I always find tends to work better. I'd say putting it down to 3 or 4 bonus feats.

For Reap, I base the weapon penalty off of the Devastating Blow feat from the Pathfinder RPG (which i fondly dub as D&D 3.75), which, as the cap to its feat tree, grants a crit at -5 penalty to hit as a full round action and no special crit effects. I still say to leave the crit modifier alone, as x4 is still fairly devastating and, since scythes and picks are the only weapons that really offer that crit mod, it's still fairly special as is. Plus, since the PRC will be getting Spirited Charge anyways, you're getting that x5 crit mod, anyways. As is, x6 crit mod is just a little too much for anybody, I'd say.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Archetype Combo List!

22. - Top - End - #502
    Titan in the Playground

Updated Fists of Gruumsh, and added rest of abilities to STygian Blade. Lemme know what you think.
    Orcs and Goblins

23. - Top - End - #503
    Titan in the Playground

So any thoughts on how Many Manifester levels the Stygian Blade loses? 3 maybe?
    Orcs and Goblins

24. - Top - End - #504
    Titan in the Playground

Orc Pirate updated
    Orcs and Goblins

25. - Top - End - #505
    Titan in the Playground

Okay the STygian Archon is done. I shall await feedback for a bit and then post the next PrC.
    Orcs and Goblins

26. - Top - End - #506
    Titan in the Playground

FERAL PSYCHIC

"Don't make me angry..."

Some Orc and Goblinoids can use their psychic powers to become juggernauts in physical combat. Many are raised in the most primitive societies of their peoples.

BECOMING A FERAL PSYCHIC
    Most Feral Psychics are Psychic Warriors, with sometimes a level in Barbarian, Ranger, or Scout.

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
    Race: Any Orc or Goblinoid
    Manifester Level: 5th
    Feats: Improved Unarmed Strike, Psionic Body, and either Psionic Fist or Psionic Weapon
    SKills: Concentration 4 ranks, Survival 4 ranks

Class Skills
    The Feral Psychic's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Autohypnosis (Wis), Climb (Str), Concentration (Con), Hide (Dex), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Knowledge (Psionics), Listen (Wis), Spot (Wis), Survival (Wis), and Swim (Str).
    Skills Points at Each Level : 4 + int

Hit Dice: d8

Code:
    1. +0    +2     +0     +0    Psychic Combat
    2. +1    +3     +0     +0    Psychic Body
    3. +2    +3     +1     +1    Empowered Psionic Feat
    4. +3    +4     +1     +1    Psychic Combat
    5. +3    +4     +1     +1    Psychic Body
    6. +4    +5     +2     +2    Empowered Psionic Feat
    7. +5    +5     +2     +2    Psychic Combat
    8. +6    +6     +2     +2    Psychic Body
    9. +6    +6     +3     +3    Empowered Psionic Feat
    10.+7    +7     +3     +3    Psychic Brute
    Weapon Proficiencies: A Feral Psychic gains no new weapon or armor proficiencies.

Manifester Levels: The Feral Psychics Manifester Class levels and Prestige Class levels stack for determining how many power points they get and their Manifester Level. For powers known though they are considered to be 5 levels lower (i.e. assuming they are Psychic Warrior 5/other class ?, the first 5 levels of that class do not gain them new powers known.

Psychic Combat (Su): Feral Psychics can use their psionic powers to enhance the fighting abilities they already possess. Psychic Combats actual effect varies depending on what fighting abilities you already have. You may only spend power points on your Psychic Combat Style equal to your Manifester level just as if it were a power.

Psychic Rage (Prerequisite: Rage): At 1st level you can increase the duration of your Rage by spending Power Points as a Free Action. It increases another 2 rounds per power point spent.

At 4th level you may spend 5 Power Points to Rage an additional time per day after you have run out of daily uses of Rage.

At 7th level you may spend 5 power points as a Free Action when you Rage, and for the duration of your Rage you may not be Dazed or Stunned, and are immune to Morale Penalties.

Psychic Skirmisher (Prerequisite: Skirmish): At first level you can spend 2 power points as a Free Action to increase your Skirmish damage by +1d6, or 2 power points to increase your Skirmish AC Bonus by +1. Every 2 additional power points increases it another +1d6 or +1 AC. This effect lasts 1 round.

At 4th level spending another 2 power points makes the additional skirmish bonuses last 2 more rounds, and each additional 2 power points increases duration another 2 rounds.

At 7th level you can expend your Psionic Focus to automatically confirm a critical hit if you were using your Skirmish ability.

Psychic Slayer (Prerequisite: Favored Enemy): At 1st level, anytime you succeed in hitting a favored enemy with an attack you can spend power points to up the damage as a Free Action after the hit, doing +2 damage per power point.

At 4th level you can expend your Psionic Focus to automatically confirm a critical hit against a Favored enemy.

At 7th level you can expend your Psionic Focus and spend 5 power points as a Free Action to automatically avoid a threatened critical by a Favored Enemy.

Psychic Ambusher (Prerequisite: Not having Favored Enemy, Rage, or Skirmish as Class Abilities): At 1st level you become able to Manifest Evade Attack.

At 4th Level you become able to Manifest Escape Detection.

At 7th level you become able to Manifest Detect Remote Viewing, and Remote Viewing.

Psychic Body (Su): Feral Psychics may also use their Psionic powers to enhance their physical form. Much like their Psionic powers you may only spend power points equal to your Manifester level. At levels 2, 5, and 8 you may choose one ability from the following:

Enhance Body: This ability may be taken multiple times. Each time it is taken you may choose one of your physical ability scores (Str, Dex, or Con). It costs 2 power points to Manifest as a Swift Action. The chosen ability score gains a +4 Enhancement Bonus for 1 round. The duration can be extended by 2 rounds per 1 power point. The Enhancement Bonus can be increased by +1 per 1 power point.

Enhance Damage: You may spend Power Points to increase your weapon, natural weapon, or unarmed strike damage for the duration of the encounter as a Swift Action. You may increase your base unarmed strike (or weapon) damage (+1d4=1 power point, +1d6=3 points, +1d8=5 points, +2d6=7 points), can increase your Critical Threat Range by one (+5 points), and increase your Critical Multiplier by 1 (+5 points). Your unarmed strikes or weapon attacks enhanced by this ability are considered magic for purposes of overcoming DR.

Enhance Defense: You may spend power points as a Swift Action to gain one of various bonuses to your Armor Class. You may choose Armor, Deflection, Dodge, Insight, or Natural Armor. Armor and Natural Armor are +1 per power point. Dodge and Insight are +2 per 3 power points. Deflection is +1 per 2 power points. This lasts for the duration of the encounter.

Enhance Movement: As a Swift Action you may enhance or gain new forms of movement for 10 rounds. You may increase any form of movement you already possess naturally by 10 feet per power point. To gain a 30' Swim move costs 2 points. To gain a 30' Climb move costs 2 points. To gain a 30' Burrow move costs 3 points. To gain a 30' (Poor) Fly Move costs 5 points. Once the points are spent to gain a movement form, it may be increased for the same power point cost as forms of movement you already had. To increase the maneuverability of Flight speed costs +3 points per increase (i.e. from Poor to Average, from Average to Good, etc.).

Enhance Skills: As a Swift Action you may spend power points to enhance any skill on the following list: Balance, Climb, Hide, Jump, Listen, Move Silently, Search, Spot, Survival, Swim, and Tumble. The bonus lasts for 10 minutes, and it costs 1 power point to enhance one skill by +4. Each additional +2 costs another power point as does each skill enhanced past the first.

Enhance Toughness: As a Swift Action you may enhance your Saving Throws, add temporary hit points as a damage buffer, or possibly even add Damage Reduction. Duration is for the rest of the encounter. Every 2 power points grants a +1 Resistance Bonus to one Saving Throw. You may create a pool of temporary hit points by spending 1 power point per 5 hit points. Damage is removed from this pool before it is removed from your own hit points, and if the pool is depleted this power ends. Until then extra power points may be spent as a Swift Action to reinforce it. Damage done to the pool is NOT subtracted from your own hit points once the spell ends. Also you may gain Damage Reduction by spending 3 power points for every +2 DR/-.

Empowered Psionic Feat (Su): Feral Psychics are able to take more advantage than usual from some Psionic Feats. Much like their Psionic powers you may only spend power points equal to your Manifester level on your enhanced Feats. At levels 3, 6, and 9 they may choose 1 Feat to enhance from the following list if they have it:

Aligned Attack: When using this Feat you may expend additional power points to increase the damage done. 1 power point increases the damage done by +1d6 for this round

Deep Vision: You no longer need to be Psionically Focused to gain the benefits of this Feat.

Focused Perception: Your Blindsight now lasts for an extra 3 rounds if you spend 1 power point.

Focused Sunder: When using this Feat you may expend 5 power points to ignore the weapons Hardness this round.

Ghost Attack: You may automatically hit Incorporeal creatures, you don't need to roll twice any longer.

Instinctive Consummator: By spending 5 power points you may increase your weapons critical multiplier by 1 (i.e. if it normally does x2 damage it now does x3).

Mental Juggernaut: You may use this Feat against any effect that would stun you, not merely magic/psionic ones, and may spend 1 power point to avoid expending your Psionic Focus.

Mental Leap: When using this Feat you may expend additional power points to increase the Jump Bonus (an additional +2 per power point spent) this round.

Psionic Dodge: When using this Feat you may expend additional power points to increase the Dodge Bonus to AC (+1 per 2 power points spent, lasts for the encounter).

Psionic/Greater Psionic Fist: By expending 2 power points whenever you make an applicable attack your unarmed strikes/natural weapons do +3d6 (+6d6 w/Greater Feat).

Unavoidable Strike: If you decide to use this Feat you may spend 5 power points instead of losing your Psionic Focus.

Psionic/Greater Psionic Shot: By expending 2 power points whenever you make an applicable attack your ranged weapons do +3d6 (+6d6 w/Greater Feat).

Fell Shot: If you decide to use this Feat you may spend 5 power points instead of losing your Psionic Focus.

Psionic/Greater Psionic Weapon: By expending 2 power points whenever you make an applicable attack your melee weapons do +3d6 (+6d6 w/Greater Feat).

Deep Impact: If you decide to use this Feat you may spend 5 power points instead of losing your Psionic Focus.

Speed of Thought: When using this Feat you may increase your landspeed by an additional +30 feet by expending 5 power points. This lasts for the rest of the encounter.

Up the Walls: You no longer need to end your movement on a horizontal surface while using this Feat.

Wounding Attack: When using this Feat if you expend 5 power points you may do 1d4 Constitution damage instead of 1 point.

Psychic Brute (Su): At 10th level you gain the supreme ability available to the Psychic Brute: Once per round as a Swift Action you may spend power points to ignore any damage taken in 1 round, or ignore a spell or effect that specifically targets you. Each 3 power points spent delays the time before you suffer the effects by 1 round.

PLAYING A FERAL PSYCHIC
    You are insular, nervous, and always on edge. You tend to react more from instinct or reflex than conscious thought, and sometimes people end up dead when they make sudden moves near you. In other words sudden moves or loud noises near you are bad ideas.
    Combat: Feral Psychics tend to prefer ambushes to straightforward combat, as usually there won't be anyone to heal them up if they get really hurt. This doesn't mean they won't stand toe to toe with someone, but being loners they prefer to have as much of an edge as they can.
    Advancement: The options of a Feral Psychic are pretty limited unless they can find a teacher. Most simply try to excel at combat, and survival skills.
    Resources: Feral Psychics generally have whatever resources they can provide themselves. Misunderstood by their own people they try to be as self-reliant as possible.

FERAL PSYCHICS IN THE WORLD
    "The freaky one with the shark's eyes makes me nervous."
    You are primarily a hunter and fighter for the tribe. You don't interact much with them or anyone else as you don't really understand civilization. You'd honestly prefer living out in the wild on your own.
    Daily Life: You spend most of your time hunting for food or hunting your enemies. Sometimes you do odd jobs for the tribe involving your woodland skills, such as gathering good firewood or finding medicinal herbs.
    Notables: Burka (CN Male Orc Ranger 1/Psychic Warrior 5/Feral Psychic 6) is his tribes war chief. Normally he wouldn't be allowed in such a position, but the former chiefs have all died in battle, and no one else was capable of taking their place. Plus the tribe has prospered under his rule.
    Organizations: Feral Psychics don't really have any organizations bigger than an older Psychic teaching the younger ones.

NPC Reaction
    NPC's are as scared of you as any other Orc/Goblinoid. Maybe a little moreso. After all you look...different some how.

FERAL PSYCHICS IN THE GAME
    Feral Psychics make a nice surprise for PC's who assume that all Goblins are token mooks and all Orcs are just thugs. Perfect to spring on unsuspecting parties.
    Adaptation: Not sure this one would fit in most campaigns that don't have psionics as a common casting type. Otherwise they make make a nice change of pace from the usual.
    Encounters: PC's will generally encounter Feral Psychics far from civilization, and they will usually only encounter one raiding their camp in the middle of the night for food. Some have gone crazy from isolation though and murder anything that enters their territory.

Sample Encounter
    EL 12: Burka has decided to restore the tribes shattered defenses, and has been raiding. He's had bad luck though, and has accidentally slain the daughter of a priest of St. Cuthbert who is howling for revenge. The PC's are asked to accompany said priest, but along the way they find him more disquieting than the Orcs as he wantonly slaughters anything that angers him. Is it possible they can convince Burka to accept a more peaceful solution and simultaneously prevent the priest from killing anything in his path to get to the Orcs?

Burka
    CN Male Orc Ranger 1/Psychic Warrior 5/Feral Psychic 6
    Init +0, Senses: Listen +3, Spot +3, Dark Vision 60'
    Languages Orc, Common
    AC 20, touch 10, flat-footed 20 (+10 Armor)
    hp 78 (12 HD)
    Fort +12, Ref +5, Will +5
    Speed 30 ft. (6 squares)
    Melee Unarmed Strike +12/+7 (1d10+4)
    Base Atk +8, Grp +12
    Atk Options Favored Enemy (Human), Psychic Combat (Psychic Slayer), Psychic Body (Enhance Defense, Enhance Skills), Empowered Psionic Feats (Greater Psionic Fist, Wounding Attack)
    Combat Gear 2 Potions of Cure Serious Wounds
    Powers Known 1st: Biofeedback, Bite of the Wolf, Grip of Iron
    2nd: Body Adjustment, Body Purification
    Caster Level 11 Power Points 47
    Abilities Str 18, Dex 10, Con 13, Int 8, Wis 14, Cha 10
    SQ Light Sensitivity, Wild Empathy
    Feats Greater Psionic Fist, Improved Unarmed Strike, Superior Unarmed Strike, Psionic Fist, Unavoidable Strike, Psionic Body (B), Speed of Thought (B), Track (B), Wounding Attack (B)
    Skills Autohypnosis +6, Climb +6, Concentration +5, Heal +3, Hide +2, Jump +6, Knowledge (Geography, Nature) +0, Listen +3, Move Silently +1, Search +0, Spot +3, Survival +6, Swim +5
    Possessions Skin of the Chameleon, +5 Shadow Silent Moves Breastplate, Bag of Boulders, Survival Pouch, Boots of Tracklessness, Cat's Eye Brooch, Devastation Gauntlets, Goggles of Day, Phoenix Helm, 2 Potions of Cure Serious Wounds, 450 GP

EPIC FERAL PSYCHIC

Hit Die: d8
    Skills Points at Each Level : 4 + int
    Bonus Feats: The Epic Feral Psychic gains a Bonus Feat every 2 levels higher than 20th
    Last edited by Bhu; 2009-02-20 at 07:17 AM.
    Orcs and Goblins

27. - Top - End - #507
    Titan in the Playground

Okay what he hell just happened?

I added a few abilities to the table and it went black.

Can anyone else see the table?
    Last edited by Bhu; 2009-01-01 at 03:53 AM.
    Orcs and Goblins

28. - Top - End - #508
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bhu View Post
    Code:
    1. +0    +2     +0     +0    Psychic Combat
    2. +1    +3     +0     +0    Psychic Body
    3. +2    +3     +1     +1    
    4. +3    +4     +1     +1    Psychic Combat
    5. +3    +4     +1     +1    Psychic Body
    6. +4    +5     +2     +2    
    7. +5    +5     +2     +2    Psychic Combat
    8. +6    +6     +2     +2    Psychic Body
    9. +6    +6     +3     +3    
    10.+7    +7     +3     +3
    This one? Yeah, still there.
    For the last time, it stands for Shadow of Darkness!

Thankin' Nevitan fer me babytar!

Kasaad Shadowweb-Chitine Paladin of Freedom (now a clickable link!).

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauve Shirt
    SoD is my favorite too.
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerHunter View Post
    SoD casts Pun
    SoD's Pun crits TigerHunter for 10k.
    TigerHunter dies.

Genderbender week comin' up! SoDess by Bisected8 *applause*

29. - Top - End - #509
    Titan in the Playground

I can see it now, but I just added to it and it went all black again. Must be a temporary glitch.
    Orcs and Goblins

30. - Top - End - #510
    Titan in the Playground

Orc Sergeant updated.
    Orcs and Goblins