New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Default Method of impersonation

I need something that will allow somebody to impersonate another in looks. Is there a good item for this? Something that will work perfectly, even to the intimate, so not just a disguise bonus. Is there an easy item or ability I can use for this? Preferably very low level?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Method of impersonation

Potion of disguise self?

EDIT: My bad, that doesn't work. Disguise self can't be made a potion due to its long casting time.

EDIT again: Use a hat of disguise. It costs 1800 GP. There is no low-level item that allows that. The alter self spell could work.
    Last edited by AslanCross; 2008-03-17 at 01:29 AM.

Eberron Red Hand of Doom Campaign Journal. NOW COMPLETE!
    Sakuya Izayoi avatar by Mr. Saturn. Caella sig by Neoseph.

"I dunno, you just gave me the image of a nerd flying slow motion over a coffee table towards another nerd, dual wielding massive books. It was awesome." -- Marriclay

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Hat of disguise works REALLY well, all things considered--and is only 1800 gold. Really, there's nothing that would work perfectly.

Edit: Ninja'd by Aslan's edit.
    Last edited by Chronicled; 2008-03-17 at 01:29 AM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Banned

RedWizardGuy

Disguise self does imitate looks perfectly. The reason you just get a bonus to Disguise checks is that it's not enough to look like someone - you have to act like them, too, and it's really hard to fool people who know that person.

That said, be a greater doppelganger. Kill the victim, eat their brains, steal their mind, and become like them in outward appearance. Flawless victory!

5. - Top - End - #5
    Firbolg in the Playground

I think there's also a skill trick in Complete Scoundrel that lets you nullify the bonuses that people familiar with the target get against your disguise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterwind View Post
    Mewtarthio, you have scared my brain into hiding, a trembling, broken shadow of a thing, cowering somewhere in the soothing darkness and singing nursery rhymes in the hope of obscuring the Lovecraftian facts you so boldly brought into daylight.