New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324
  1. - Top - End - #691
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Universal Smash Bros. Dawn of the Sixth Day

Solid Snake, through the codec, calls Otacon.

"The mission was a complete success. This Sora disguise really came in handy. Good thinking, Otacon! Where are we headed now?"

Then, a Harrier arrives and picks him up, to wherever his neverending quest against Metal Gear threats will lead him.

((Awesome!! I actually survived!!! Good job, Nintendo!!! We did it!! Kudos particularly to Llama and Haruki, the only people who I talked to, I'm glad I was useful for something!))

Questionnaire:

1. Yes, I did. I had a lot of fun in this game!! Thanks for running it, PF!

2. (As Solid Snake) You say only an Evil character was scried. Then it was my doing, Rogue's death. I think it's a really witty part, but the cooldown time makes it somewhat useless sometimes. We could have spared the death before Fullbladder, had I been able to scry one night before. However, I guess it would have been really unfair, so I think it's ok. It was a cool ability to have.

3. Yes, I would play a second time, of course.

4. I would, yes.

5. I'd say so, too. At least, that's how I felt it. Everyone had their fair chance.

6. Throw in some mini games!

7. It was amazing!! Really ingenious, I must admit. Kudos for that

8. Yes. Timed updates, only altered when the forum traffic made it necessary, and abilities used when they were needed/asked for.
    So I herd you liek Mudkipz by Mr. Saturn
    Spoiler
    Show

Many thanks to both Mr Saturn and B-Man for their avatars!! Antiform Sora, Haloween Sora, Majora's Mask Link, Wolf Link & Midna, KH Sora and Christmas in July Sora

I was a Custom Title ITP!
    Lucky "Guess the Number" quote:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xykon_Fan View Post
    Great, Radikal fixed the dice...and by fixed, I mean "broke beyond repair and cheats irreparably."

2. - Top - End - #692
    Bugbear in the Playground

(I'd like to point out that way back in the "Is Atreyu Captain Falcon Mess?" I did list one of the options for my actions as "I'm Samus and I want to make the villians waste a night by trying to kill me." )

Survey:
    1) Did you have fun?
    SHOCK YES!
    2) Did you enjoy your role?
    Very much so. It allowed me a safety net to really go all out and play mind games.
    3) Would you play a second time?
    Totally. In fact, I'd probably in the first ten posts of the recruitment thread.
    4) Would you reccomend this game to a friend?
    Not as an intro game, but for experienced players, sure.
    5) Were the roles relativly balanced?
    Darned if I know.
    6) Any random suggestions?
    It needs a bulletin board like LLama, LLama, Duck had. I think the villians need a means of communicating to the 3rd party team. As you stated, you expected the 3rd party people to split evenly between the two, but the villians were at a disadvantage due to some discouraging posts that may have influenced the 3rd parties to side with Team Villager. If the villians have a bulletin board, they can help persuade the 3rd party folks to side with them.
    EDIT: Forgot some
    7) Was the Story Fluff entertaining?
    They were very entertaining. Your PM's to me about being targetted by Wolf's ability were interesting as well.
    8) Did the Narrators do a good job?
    I think you did an amazing job with keeping track of all those powers and abilities. Also, the updates were on time which is very hard to do, but very important. Kudos to you.

P.S. Thanks, Full Bladder!!
    inner circle Legionary of Resiliance
    I love my Ceikatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Not here as much. I am out Roman around.

3. - Top - End - #693

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by radikalskippy View Post
    2. (As Solid Snake) You say only an Evil character was scried. Then it was my doing, Rogue's death. I think it's a really witty part, but the cooldown time makes it somewhat useless sometimes. We could have spared the death before Fullbladder, had I been able to scry one night before. However, I guess it would have been really unfair, so I think it's ok. It was a cool ability to have.
    And we could have spared poor Roguey if only we had considered Snake a threat (counting Night Action Result PMs....) seven nights before the last.

OPf course, now I'm bragging. This is the first Werewolf game where I've actually been useful/surviving as a bad-guy. Honestly.

My assumptions have been proven wrong eight ways to Sunday in this game. Every single one.
    The above post sponsored by Fullbladder Manufacturing.
    And so begins the Age of Extinction! The Year of the Dinosaurs! And the Reign of the Predacons!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avatar Credit: Kalirush, Lord Herman, Stoneburr, Simius Dr. Bath, Abardam, Fayt, Keris Rain, The Extinguisher, Qwernt, Kwarkpudding, Tiffanie Lirle, Djinn in Tonic, Coplantor, Crown of Thorns, and many more
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Festy View Post
    Fullbladder's awesome.

4. - Top - End - #694

Quote Originally Posted by Atreyu the Masked LLama View Post
    This is a pun about me. I'm Zelda.

For those interested, DLD's role is Moblin. Twice during the game, she can poke a playgrounder with her spear and cause them to be forced to give her money via a paypal account equal to their post count or be killed during the night phase. *grumble grumble* I still don't think it was fair of her to count my Town posts, though. Especially since they don't count on the actual boards. I was saving up for a Wii, to.

V *Dances and hums alongs.*
    How I'd love that ability in real life...

1) Did you have fun?

Yep!

It was okay. Falco never contacted me, though.

Heck yes!

If they were on GitP, yes.

They seemed alright to me but I'll leave this one to whoever actually payed full attention.

Jigglypuff! Evil flying ninja monkeys! Of DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

Very!

I think so.
    Click to view my dragons and help them grow!
    Please help my Pokemon!

4TH DEGREE!
    Winner of the 1st, 7th and 8th rounds of original Ready, Aim, Fire!

Pokemon X Info:
    3DS Code: 3110-5232-7003
    Character Name: Gwendolyn
    Pokemon for trade: Here

5. - Top - End - #695
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLightDragon View Post
    Jigglypuff! Evil flying ninja monkeys! Of DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!
    Or maybe bears... That can shoot lasers from their eyes!!!
    So I herd you liek Mudkipz by Mr. Saturn
    Spoiler
    Show

Many thanks to both Mr Saturn and B-Man for their avatars!! Antiform Sora, Haloween Sora, Majora's Mask Link, Wolf Link & Midna, KH Sora and Christmas in July Sora

I was a Custom Title ITP!
    Lucky "Guess the Number" quote:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xykon_Fan View Post
    Great, Radikal fixed the dice...and by fixed, I mean "broke beyond repair and cheats irreparably."

6. - Top - End - #696
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by radikalskippy View Post
    Or maybe bears... That can shoot lasers from their eyes!!!
    The correct term is "freakin' bears that can shoot freakin' lasers from their freakin' eyes!"

7. - Top - End - #697
    Dwarf in the Playground

1) Did you have fun?
    For the short time I was in it, yeah. It was nice (as the villain Alpha) to be able to handpick my team. I felt that we had a solid group of talents and abilities. I just didn't count on myself being the one with the strongest communications, and then us being too smart for our own good. More on that later...

I did, except that once I set up our team, I really had nothing left to do. I was the least consequential villain, and therefore the one we could afford to lose most early.

Yeah, I would
    4) Would you recommend this game to a friend?
    Sure.
    I think the roles were fairly well balanced, we just never took advantage of our full potential. One of my big objectives (before I got shut out on night two or three or whichever it was) was to do some scrying/mind controlling, but we never seemed to end up with an opportunity to make that work to our advantage.
    I like everyone having a role, but it makes it WAY too easy to set up a network/verify identities. In a way, JX had it right when we got pinned to the wall way early. Maybe items could be a way to offset that?
    Absolutely!
    Again, an unqualified yes. ?:) I enjoyed keeping up with the game long after I was out.

Writer of the winning scene for Rebellion IV - Thanks guys! Zeus Trophy courtesy of Phase. Who rocks.
    CatMuffin Wolfwood courtesy of Onasuma.
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #698
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

1) Did you have fun?

A lot of fun.

Yes but I swear it was the weakest.

yes but I'm not the most picky.

I have no freinds.

Yeah I'd say so.

More villians

Definately, absolutely brilliant.

9. - Top - End - #699
    Orc in the Playground

1) Did you have fun?

Absolutely!

I did. Sadly, I didn't do much with it. Though the trust network did help near the end. Glad Goof was on our side.

If I had time.

Most of my friends were already here.

No, the villians definately needed a bit more firepower.

Give me money.

Yes, and that is what's truly important.

Never got a late response on my scries...so I'd say yes!
    Masquerade Indy by Gnomish Wanderer

Quote Originally Posted by Mustiado View Post
    Still think that was an epic prank, *snip* Kudos, gentlemen.
    I was outzombied by the baby!!

10. - Top - End - #700

I enjoyed it a lot. I'm desperately sorry that I wasn't able to devote enough time to this game, though. Narrators, you did an excellent job and I really enjoyed the story fluff.
    formerly known as xNadia
    apologies for the confusion and inconvenience

11. - Top - End - #701
    Ettin in the Playground

1) Did you have fun?

Yes, could have had more fun if I had not lost track of things in the middle.

Not really. I was the baner, never got scryed by the masons or the villains it seens, every night I just defended myself due to not knowing who else to defend, and the single time I tried to protect llama, because I thought he was going to get attacked, he was not, And I was not attacked either, so it ends up that I was kinda pointless.

Sure.

Probably.

The villains needed help.

Add some minigames, SSB without minigames?

It was.

Yes. I think they did.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

12. - Top - End - #702
    Barbarian in the Playground

1) Did you have fun?

Yes, I did. I think I would have had more fun if the villians had tried to contact me.

As Master Chief? I sure did. I seriously thought of helping out the villians if they came to me. Honestly, I only needed to survive the game, so I would have traded a few names to save my own hide. Indy had every right not to trust me - but as time progressed and villians were found, their opportunity to talk to me dwindled. it basically was a matter of who could lose one of their own to stop me....I became more powerful/less likely to get killed by them with each villian captured. They scried me early - they should have come talk to me early!

Sure would.

4) Would you recommend this game to a friend?

Yep.

Nah, the villians needed something more. Plus, the role of the covenant elite was - meh. If they were scried and it came back as scried failed, it kinda makes the assumption that it was them. Perhaps more like a "looks like" role - such as the disguise master in Titans or the Grifter in Mafia - where they can make themselves or anyone else look like something completely different. That'd shake things up a lot.

Perhaps more roles with "+ to finger/day points" and less with night actions. Might be easier to manage and less to break the game with.

Bulletin board = must have! Think of it like the taunt button in the actual Wii game.

Hell yeah!

Yes, they did an excellent job. The only thing that seemed to plague them was the board lag issues, but alas that's out of anyone's control. A+++ for narration in my book.
    I'm usually late to the party, but it's a great time when I get there....
    Spoiler
    Show
    Legionary of Protection
    The Legion, endures....
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex-kat View Post
    It wasn't that easy. Supagoof's just that good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    This is LLD, which, I shouldn't have to tell you, will not bow to your math because it was DESIGNED to ruin it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    Summary:
    Supagoof has won the game and withdrawn. He was Epic

13. - Top - End - #703
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

1) Did you have fun? Yes
    2) Did you enjoy your role? Not really, I couldn't really find a way to make it useful at all
    3) Would you play a second time? Sure
    4) Would you reccomend this game to a friend? I don't really know anyone who would be interested in this type of thing, so no.
    5) Were the roles relativly balanced? No, not really. As others said, the villains were kinda lacking.
    6) Any random suggestions? None from me.
    7) Was the Story Fluff entertaining? Yes.
    8) Did the Narrators do a good job? They did a pretty good job.

14. - Top - End - #704
    Ogre in the Playground

Alright, proposed changes for next iteration. Let me know what you think of 'em.

Ridley: Devestation - Ridley now has the Beast ability Master Cheif had. Works better from that perspective.

Covenant Elite: Will scry as a role of his choice, set at the beginning of the game by him.

Bowser: Fire Breath - Night Action, secretly adds 3 to the lynch total against another player during the night.

Sephrioth: Mind Control - No longer needs to have the target scried to control their special ability. However, incorrect guesses at the target's ability will negate the control. Sephrioth will also now recieve whatever results the ability returns when used while being controled. This one was suggested to me.

New Villain - K. Rool: Feign Death. This functions as Ridley's did. This role is great for endgame use in close matches.

New Villain - Dr. Wily: Robot Masters - Dr. Wily can not be killed or lynched until half (4) of the villains have been killed. This should add some needed oomph to the Villains.

Sly vs. Carmelita: Let's see if I can improve the win conditions between the two. Clue bottles. At the beginning of the game, Carmeltia will recieve a coded cyptogramfrom Sly. This message gives a clue towards another player. Each night Carmelita can investigate and find one letter, decoding all instances of that letter. She can also investigate a player when she thinks she's cracked the code. If correct, she'll recieve a different message and do the same thing. At the end of the 2-3 length chain will be Sly. It'll take clever clue writing by Sly and clever decoding by Carmelita to catch him. If Sly dies early, Carmelita can still clain her prize by completing the chain.

I'll come up with more in a bit

15. - Top - End - #705

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomFox View Post
    Covenant Elite: Will scry as a role of his choice, set at the beginning of the game by him.
    I'm not sure if this would be very useful. If his only ability is to scry as something else, then the villains would scry him let's say as JigglyPuff and think "he's harmless, don't bother". On the other hand, if they scried him AND JigglyPuff the thought would be, "one of them's harmless, don't bother. The other one's ability is to scry as JigglyPuff. Therefore, he's harmless, too. Don't bother."

It WOULD be an advantage for him if the villains think he's harmless and not bother with him, but I'm not sure if that's the point of the ability...

16. - Top - End - #706
    Ogre in the Playground

The Covenant Elite IS a villain. This is a buff of his scry-immune thing.

17. - Top - End - #707

New roles/role changes, as suggested by Phantomfox:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Alright, proposed changes for next iteration. Let me know what you think of 'em.

Ridley: Devestation - Ridley now has the Beast ability Master Cheif had. Works better from that perspective.

Bowser: Fire Breath - Night Action, secretly adds 3 to the lynch total against another player during the night.

Sephrioth: Mind Control - No longer needs to have the target scried to control their special ability. However, incorrect guesses at the target's ability will negate the control. Sephrioth will also now recieve whatever results the ability returns when used while being controled. This one was suggested to me.

New Villain - K. Rool: Feign Death. This functions as Ridley's did. This role is great for endgame use in close matches.

New Villain - Dr. Wily: Robot Masters - Dr. Wily can not be killed or lynched until half (4) of the villains have been killed. This should add some needed oomph to the Villains.

These look great so far. The Feign Death ability looks really cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantomfox
    Sly vs. Carmelita: Let's see if I can improve the win conditions between the two. Clue bottles. At the beginning of the game, Carmeltia will recieve a coded cyptogramfrom Sly. This message gives a clue towards another player. Each night Carmelita can investigate and find one letter, decoding all instances of that letter. She can also investigate a player when she thinks she's cracked the code. If correct, she'll recieve a different message and do the same thing. At the end of the 2-3 length chain will be Sly. It'll take clever clue writing by Sly and clever decoding by Carmelita to catch him. If Sly dies early, Carmelita can still clain her prize by completing the chain.
    The idea is very nice, but one thing strikes me as odd: if Sly is the one who thinks up the cryptograms, and if he gets caught and loses his disguise ability if said cryptograms are solved, what's to stop him from just thinking of a cryptogram that's really just overly complicated, if not downright impossible to solve? Will Sly have to explain in detail to the narrator how someone could potentially figure out the cryptogram (and leave it to the narrator to decide just which cryptograms are reasonable and which aren't), or how should Sly go about this?
    Spoiler
    Show

Sigatar by Crimmy

18. - Top - End - #708

I'll come up with more in a bit
    I'm not so sure about this now. Allow me to explain why.

Once upon a time I was bored with absolutely nothing to do. It was only short after this strip was posted. So bored I was that I re-read it and thought, "I wonder what Haley's saying..." So I looked at it closely. "Well, clearly, here she said "huh"... that means the Y = H and the S = U.... and Keeee.... means "Gooo" so the E = o and the K = G..." And so on. It's not a very big feat, I'm pretty sure a lot of close OOTS Fans solved Haley's cryptograms on several occassions, since they changed each strip.

My point: Sometimes you don't need clues to solve a cryptogram. If whoever Carmelita is sits in front of a computer (or a desk with pencil and paper) and does some figuring, they'll solve it right away, so if Carmelita isn't killed by night 3, she'll have won. And of course, Sly Cooper will have lost.

P.S. I was VERY bored. I was at Grandpa's house and no one had anything to do other than talk about fashion and gossip, and I was on Dial-up so YouTube was off-limits, couldn't do much at all...... <.< Boredom leads to great discoveries, methinks.
    Last edited by Haruki-kun; 2008-05-28 at 12:18 PM.

19. - Top - End - #709
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, I was reconsidering that myself. Perhaps I should change it to a Wheel-Of-Fortune fill in the blanks format. Like in the LLD Challupa sidequest. And for Sly to escape, he has to.... well, I don't know actually. I'm still thinking about that.

3rd Party Heroes will probably get individulized win conditions, depending.

As for mini-games..., I had a few ideas, but they were either too late, or not suited for this forum. One idea was a sort of chain Simon Says thing, where people had to post in a chain to form a sequence. This works for faster boards, but I think it might be too easy for here. A labyrinth might work though. I'd like to adapt some boss battles from other games, but am having a hard time doing so. Perhaps some puzzle bosses. Or individual challenges.

Since I gave Master Cheif's ability to Ridley, I might replace him with Mega Man, and give him a Kirby-esque power. Give him the ability of the person previously lynched.

I hope Krystal's role proves balanced in the future. I kinda like it, and hope it's not too overpowered.

Ice Climbers never used their ability, so I will have to find something more useful.

I might bump Rayman's Rabbid ability from 1/3 to 1/2 chance. It went 0 for 5 this game, quite unfortunate. I also might import Helgraf's Scry Interference rule. Poor Shadow got nailed with 5 thing Night 1. Not sure about that though. Would be crazy to figure out what would invoke that clause.

20. - Top - End - #710
    Ogre in the Playground

Yay we won! Sorry I'm late with my suggestions, I've been away for some time:

1) Did you have fun? I didn't really have enough time to devote to the game, but I had fun at times.

2) Did you enjoy your role? Not really. Having my one ability completely taken out at Night 1 essentially left me as the only villager in a game full of power roles. Not much fun, but I guess thats down to the bad luck of being targetted more than a problem with the role.

3) Would you play a second time? Sure, I can see where the game needs tweaking but it was good to play as it was.

4) Would you reccomend this game to a friend? Sure.

5) Were the roles relativly balanced? I think the evil guys need a few more roles, but other than that it seemed okay.

6) Any random suggestions? Include a custard pie fight. Everyone likes a custard pie fight

7) Was the Story Fluff entertaining? Yeah, some great narrations that were fun to read!

8) Did the Narrators do a good job? Indeed, kudos to you PF, one WW game narrated with skill and humour!

Excellent Elan & Yoshi avatar by Mr Saturn

21. - Top - End - #711

Since I gave Master Cheif's ability to Ridley, I might replace him with Mega Man, and give him a Kirby-esque power. Give him the ability of the person previously lynched.
    Just realised that if you're still not going to reveal roles at death, then this also basically equates to a free scry... may not seem really helpful, but the person playing the role will certainly have their spreadsheet filled in quicker than anyone else...

TRAF Awards

Spoiler
    Show
    I fought The Mysterious Circle of Shadowy Chairs in Discworld I (Dei in Machina) till the end, won the game and survived and all I got is this lousy signature line.

Thanks Banjo1985 for Count Catula!

22. - Top - End - #712
    Firbolg in the Playground

Wow, hadn't expected the game to end the very day I began my hiatus...

1) Did you have fun? I didn't really give this game the attention it deserved since I got so caught up in AC 2, but yes, I had fun.

2) Did you enjoy your role? Eh, it seems like a really fun ability, but how many votes are resolved by a single vote? I only used it once.

3) Would you play a second time? Of course.

4) Would you reccomend this game to a friend? Yes

5) Were the roles relativly balanced? I'm hardly an expert on balance, but to me it seemed fairly balanced.

6) Any random suggestions? more random events. keeps everyone paying attention.

7) Was the Story Fluff entertaining? Oh yes.

8) Did the Narrators do a good job? Very much so.

23. - Top - End - #713
    Ogre in the Playground

Thinking about how to modify things. Any other roles in need to tweaking?