New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Death Delver, any good?

So ya, The death delver from HoH. I'm thinking fluff-wise this is awsome, but it doesn't look like anything at all mechanics wise. although my DM's world has no resurrection magic, what so ever.

So what use is this class? it doesn't seem to actually do anything

2. - Top - End - #2
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Death Delver, any good?

It's an interesting prc, but the problem is that there doesn't appear to be a good class to enter it from. None of the spellcasting ones are any good because the class has a seperate spell list. All the melee classes are pretty much out because of the Death Delver's somewhat inferior BAB. Not very many skills, so skill based classes are pretty much of the list. That leaves pretty much nothing good to enter it from. No matter what you try you will be inconvenienced in an irritating way no matter what class you have before.
    "Love takes up where knowledge leaves off."
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Death Delver, any good?

Quote Originally Posted by Squider View Post
    So ya, The death delver from HoH. I'm thinking fluff-wise this is awsome, but it doesn't look like anything at all mechanics wise. although my DM's world has no resurrection magic, what so ever.

So what use is this class? it doesn't seem to actually do anything
    Deathward is a nice ability. Yes, the Cleric can cast it on you, but if lack one or something this is a way to have negative immunity.