Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Magical Quivers?

Anybody seen anything other than the "Efficient Quiver" in the SRD? anything that automatically refills?
    Creator of the Vow of Nudity

Spoiler
    Show

We didn't cast the [Fire]...
    LGBTitP

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Magical Quivers?

Yes, the Quiver of Plenty is my favorite (Dragon Compendium), but then there's the Quiver of Araniel (WotC website, under books, one of the ones by that guy who wrote Drizzt (Salvatore?)). And as far as I know Ehlonna's Quiver (AKA the Efficient Quiver) doesn't grant infinite arrows. It just holds lotsa stuff.
    My sig's Handy Haversack: Need help? Want to see what I've done? Want to see what others have done well? Check it out.

Join the PrC creation contest!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by DonThelonious
    ...But you have never given any bad advice as far as I have seen. Not to mention, unlike some other people I see around here, you actually know what your talking about.

Trust dman11235.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

i remember seeing a arrow which multiplied at night creating a infinity arrows after a will
    Spoiler
    Show

sig by Bitzeralisis

Old Avatar by Simius

new Avatar by Qwernt

Tiger Paladin of HALO

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

Ah, too expensive to get in wealth by level at 6.
    Creator of the Vow of Nudity

Spoiler
    Show

We didn't cast the [Fire]...
    LGBTitP

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomePirate

You know, when I saw this thread, I immediatley thought of enchanting quivers as weapons, such that the ammo placed therein was enchanted with the properties on the quiver. just a random thought, probably has reams of problems in application.
    Aratos Tell
    HP:53/53 AC:19,FlatFooted:16,Touch:13
    Active Effects: Speak w/Animals
    Spells Prepared: Cure Minor Wounds*4, Flare, Calm Animals, Charm Animal, Cure Light Wounds, Animal Messenger, Flaming Sphere, Lesser Restoration, Hold Animal, Cure Mod. Wounds*2, Speak w/Plants

Megiddo
    HP:26/26 PP: 40/40 AC:14,FlatFooted:13,Touch:13
    Active Effects:
    Spells Prepared: Light*2, Burning Hands*2, Protection f/Evil, Magic Missile, Shocking Grasp, See Invis., Acid Arrow, Scorching Ray*2

6. - Top - End - #6
    Pixie in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Couldn't that be accomplished by enchanting the bow? Though, I guess it would allow you to have multiple effects cheaply.

7. - Top - End - #7

I did forget about one. It's not a quiver, but it does get "infinite" arrows: Hanks Bow. It's on the WotC website as well. Under something and on a page about the D&D cartoon. I'll see if I can get it (and the other quiver) later.

This bow deals more damage and is a force effect, and creates the "arrows" as you fire it. Does cost more than the QoP though, so it's out.

My suggestion: get a QoEhlonna, and buy 60 arrows. They are pretty cheap, so good luck running out. Also, try recovering your missed arrows, and making some. You can get 2-3 done per day at that level.
    My sig's Handy Haversack: Need help? Want to see what I've done? Want to see what others have done well? Check it out.

Spoiler
    Show
    ...But you have never given any bad advice as far as I have seen. Not to mention, unlike some other people I see around here, you actually know what your talking about.

Trust dman11235.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Firbolg in the Playground

Planetar

Use a Quiver of Ehlonna (or Efficient Quiver, or whatever they're calling it now) along with a Bag of Holding stuffed with several thousand arrows packed in sheafs of 60.

Whenever you have a pause in the battle, reload your quiver with a new sheaf. In practice, this is just as good as infinite arrows.

- Saph
    I'm the author of the Alex Verus series of urban fantasy novels. Fated is the first, and Book #10 in the series, Fallen, is out as of September 2019. For updates, check my blog!

9. - Top - End - #9

Quote Originally Posted by Saph View Post
    Use a Quiver of Ehlonna (or Efficient Quiver, or whatever they're calling it now) along with a Bag of Holding stuffed with several thousand arrows packed in sheafs of 60.

Whenever you have a pause in the battle, reload your quiver with a new sheaf. In practice, this is just as good as infinite arrows.

- Saph
    You'd have to pay for the arrows or at least get them somehow, though. With a Quiver of Plenty you would only have to shoot what, six million arrows? to start making money every time you kill something.

10. - Top - End - #10

If you're making from scratch, 2-3 a day is average. If you pick up components when you shop, you can do more than a few.

Of course you could try talking the DM into letting you have Eschew Arrows as a feat.
    I am trying out LPing. Check out my channel here: Triaxx2

11. - Top - End - #11

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by Arang View Post
    You'd have to pay for the arrows or at least get them somehow, though. With a Quiver of Plenty you would only have to shoot what, six million arrows? to start making money every time you kill something.
    I know this is a joke, but seriously, how could you ever need to shoot six million arrows?

- Saph
    I'm the author of the Alex Verus series of urban fantasy novels. Fated is the first, and Book #10 in the series, Fallen, is out as of September 2019. For updates, check my blog!

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

There's also a quiver in... magic item compendium? maybe complete champion... ? If I remember correctly, it allows you to have every arrow you pull from it be a certain energy type...

13. - Top - End - #13

That's what happens when you're Epic and your DM still can't come up with anything but goblins.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Saph View Post
    I know this is a joke, but seriously, how could you ever need to shoot six million arrows?

- Saph
    Um...take 6-7 level of Arcane Archer, walk into a very densely populated metropolitan market place, climb up on a roof or balcony overlooking everything, and start using Hail of Arrows until nothing else moves. Move to a new city and repeat. I'm sure you could go through a few thousand a day, which means you'd hit 6 million in about 8 years of daily marketplace genocide.

Dang....
    Quote Originally Posted by Fax Celestis View Post
    AILHAY THULUCAY! AILHAY THULUCAY! AILHAY THULUCAY!

15. - Top - End - #15

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by lussmanj View Post
    Um...take 6-7 level of Arcane Archer, walk into a very densely populated metropolitan market place, climb up on a roof or balcony overlooking everything, and start using Hail of Arrows until nothing else moves. Move to a new city and repeat. I'm sure you could go through a few thousand a day, which means you'd hit 6 million in about 8 years of daily marketplace genocide.

Dang....
    Should I be worried that my first thought was "good idea, but are there enough cities?"?
    Billy was a chemist's son,
    Now Billy is no more.
    What Billy thought was H2O
    Was H2SO4

16. - Top - End - #16
    Colossus in the Playground

Dang....
    You know, it takes 8 levels or Arcane Archer and you can use that once per day. There's a reason AA sucks. She can't even slaughter millions.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

Nah, man, planeshift to Sigil and open 'er up. Sigil's got a high enough pop density, and the people there don't really die, they just get sent home or reform elsewhere anyway. Its not really killing people if the people don't really die, is it?

18. - Top - End - #18
    Halfling in the Playground

Nah, man, planeshift to Sigil and open 'er up. Sigil's got a high enough pop density, and the people there don't really die, they just get sent home or reform elsewhere anyway. Its not really killing people if the people don't really die, is it?
    Lady of Pain, say it with me now, committing Genocide in Sigil is likely to get on the Lady's bad side, leading to you being Mazed in short order. And if you try it again she will simply flay you (An attack that does infinte damage with no save per the old books)

Or in other words, keep your head down in Sigil, pissing off the Lady is still one of the surefire Kobayashi Maru's left in D&D. If you anger the Lady in Sigil you die, it's just that simple.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Pixie in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by SamTheCleric View Post
    There's also a quiver in... magic item compendium? maybe complete champion... ? If I remember correctly, it allows you to have every arrow you pull from it be a certain energy type...
    Quiver of energy...its in the item compendium and maybe the warrior...I don't have that one.
    before anyone goes off on how pointless it is, imagine you have a +5 holy longbow...thats (without looking) around (I think) 175,000 gp. the quiver only costs 12,000 gold, so at higher levels it is cheaper to buy it than upgrade to a +5 holy flaming etc. longbow.
    [Insert witty, prize filled signature here]

20. - Top - End - #20
    Halfling in the Playground

Dang....
    you sir, have a disturbed mind, may i please have your autograph?
    Dragonforce should be sued for inhumane treatment of guitars

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

Would a Cragtop Archer/Arcane Archer be able to combine horizon shot and hail of arrows to attack eveything ... everywhere?

22. - Top - End - #22
    Colossus in the Playground

You still aren't reading AA's ability: It's limited to max. targets per AA level, so you'd need to be level 100 AA just to kill a hundred mooks at once.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

You sir disappoint me. Oh well, back to the drawing board.....

Also, regarding the LoP....I never said it was a GOOD idea, just a possible idea. And getting mazed isn't so bad...I like to think of it as an involuntary vacation for my mind. I hear the beaches there are sublime!

24. - Top - End - #24

If you really want to make your money's worth, Get a Greatbow, go to a City, cast the Ranger Spell Arrow Mind. One attack on everyone in your range. Everyone.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ettin in the Playground

Now all we have to do is get a range increment of "infinite".

And go to Sigil.
    [/sarcasm]
    FAQ is not RAW!
    Avatar by the incredible CrimsonAngel.
    Saph:It's surprising how many problems can be solved by one druid spell combined with enough aggression.
    I play primarily 3.5 D&D. Most of my advice will be based off of this. If my advice doesn't apply, specify a version in your post.

26. - Top - End - #26

Keep in mind that the QoP is all masterwork arrows, and has infinite arrows of each special material, except adamantine (only 5/day of those). So that drastically cuts down on the number. Also, you have to buy/make all of the arrows for you QoE, and that either takes time or requires that you have access to a place to buy things. It's useful. Also it doesn't require that you have back ups like a clumsy bag of holding.

Spoiler
    Show

Trust dman11235.

27. - Top - End - #27

Quote Originally Posted by dman11235 View Post
    Keep in mind that the QoP is all masterwork arrows, and has infinite arrows of each special material, except adamantine (only 5/day of those). So that drastically cuts down on the number. Also, you have to buy/make all of the arrows for you QoE, and that either takes time or requires that you have access to a place to buy things. It's useful. Also it doesn't require that you have back ups like a clumsy bag of holding.
    Woah, the quiver of plenty makes special material arrows? It's worth the money, then. That's awesome.

...of course, it also means that I probably couldn't get it past any of my current DMs. Darn. Some things are just too awesome.
    Last edited by Ascension; 2008-03-22 at 12:03 AM.
    Braga avatar by Luci!

Current Games:
    Spoiler
    Show
    GMing The Lotus Blossoms! [Exalted 3E] (OOC)
    Playing Waldaharjaz in The Convergence of Sky [Exalted 3E]
    Playing Rivers in Welcome to Thorns [Exalted 3E]