New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Rules question?

1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Rules question?

I am curenty an 11th level character and I have just been hit with a negative level.(like 3 rounds ago) I have long standing plans to die and come back as a intelligent undead, when that happens will the negative level go away?

ps: the levels are currently temporary negative levels
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthromancer View Post
    As a druid, I have the right to bear arms, the right to arm bears, and I've killed men with my bear hands.
    Avatar by kpenguin, Teal'c rocks...

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Rules question?

Quote Originally Posted by kentma57 View Post
    I am curenty an 11th level character and I have just been hit with a negative level.(like 3 rounds ago) I have long standing plans to die and come back as a intelligent undead, when that happens will the negative level go away?

ps: the levels are currently temporary negative levels
    I don't think this is really covered by the rules, but since undead can't be level drained, I'd say they go away. Besides, aren't negative levels generally temporary until you make the secondary save that determines if they're permanently lost?

Eberron Red Hand of Doom Campaign Journal. NOW COMPLETE!
    Sakuya Izayoi avatar by Mr. Saturn. Caella sig by Neoseph.

"I dunno, you just gave me the image of a nerd flying slow motion over a coffee table towards another nerd, dual wielding massive books. It was awesome." -- Marriclay

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Unless you become an undead some time in the next 24 hours, the negative level will be long gone by then. If you fail your save tomorrow, you no longer have a negative level; you're just one level lower than you were. You can correct that by a Restoration or Greater Restoration spell if you don't wait too long, or by just adventuring more and gaining it back the old-fashioned way. Becoming an undead won't cause you to gain that level back, any more than it would cause anyone to gain a level.
    Time travels in divers paces with divers persons.
    As You Like It, III:ii:328

Chronos's Unalliterative Skillmonkey Guide
    Current Homebrew: 5th edition psionics

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

I could become undead in less than 4 hours all I have to do is kill myself and have my friend cast the spell (I always have the materials/scroll with me).
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthromancer View Post
    As a druid, I have the right to bear arms, the right to arm bears, and I've killed men with my bear hands.
    Avatar by kpenguin, Teal'c rocks...