Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Bad Need for adventure ideas

have a party of three, a human fighter, a human rogue, and a human ranger. The game is a one shot and will probably be played through only for about 4-6 hours. All characters are 4th level. No magic items or magic are involved on the players part, though it can be present elsewhere. Thoughts/

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Bad Need for adventure ideas

war is always good. they are a commando team trapped behind enemy lines!
    ARNOLD SWARCHNEGER!
    ANGRY VIAT...er...HOBGOBLINS!
    AND A THOUSAND ELEPHANTS!

you get my point?
    Need a setting for your game? a character concept? any gaming related ideas? I make far to many to eat up myself, and therefor I am willing to share them. Free ideas! Get yer fluff here! PM me.

The friendly neighborhood gentleman perv is always ready to help!

on M&B:
    Quote Originally Posted by Celesyne
    oh, and looting villages is REALLY good money, if a nearby lord doesn't stop by and give you a daily dose of rape.
    http://baetzler.de/humor/meat_beings.html

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

A group of peace loving Goblins have been captured, presumably for sale as slaves, rescue the slaves, and they will give you the blessings of Thunder and Shadow.

Or something like that.
    Spoiler
    Show

Rizban: You could be all, "Today's Destruction is brought to you by the color green.... I HATE GREEN!" then fly off mumbling to yourself "Seven... seven bats... mwa ha ha ha..."

Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Everyone knows you can just parse XML with regex.
    Don't mind me. I'm just going to have some post traumatic flashbacks in the corner here and sob uncontrollably.

Millenium Earl by Shmee

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Build a seed.

Make a list of nouns, and a list of verbs that take two nouns (the longer, the better), then roll randomly - twice on the nouns, and once on the verbs; assemble a sentence (noun verbs noun) off them, and make up a storyline that could be described by that sentence. E.g.:

Nouns:
    1) King
    2) Dragon
    3) Lich
    4) Princess
    5) Prince
    6) Queen
    7) Kingdom
    8) Village
    9) Wizard
    10) Cleric
    11) Amulet
    12) Ring

Verbs:
    1) Marries
    2) Attacks
    3) Assasinates
    4) Eats
    5) Kidnaps
    6) Possesses

If I then roll, say, 10, 3, 5, I get a sentence: Cleric Assasinates Prince. That's a fairly easy one to write - you've got a court intrigue or murder mystery seed. If I roll 11, 2, 12, things get a bit more interesting - perhaps dual intelligent magic items are vying for control of the king (and thus, the kingdom) and chaos ensues as the King starts giving conflicting and contradictory orders - he's acting insane, and this needs to be fixed. Problem is, the items have a very powerful curse and won't let go easily. Enter the PC's, hired by the queen to solve the problem....

Or whatever.
    Of course, by the time I finish this post, it will already be obsolete. C'est la vie.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

You have two stealthy classes, one wilderness class, two fighting clasess... ok, this has to invlve infiltrating somewhere, probably half the adventure would be reaching a fortress in the top of a mountain but first they have to cross a forest to reach the mountain, in this part the ranger would be the star, be sure that the fighter has ranks in climb once they reach the mountain. In the fortress, stealth is important so the rogue and the ranger would be the important guys, add a combat with a construct to give protagonism to the fighter and in the forest and the mountain add some wilderness encounters based on the feat choices of the fighter. The fortress keeps important documents that the party's faction needs. there, a very simple adventure.
    I WAS THERE
    Life is like a dungeon master, if it smiles at you, you just know that something terrible is about to happen

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins View Post
    Sane.... isn't the word I'd use with you, Coplantor. Or myself, in fact. With myself, I'd say obssessive. With you, I'd say.... Coplantor.

Now I haz deviant!
    The DnD Logic
    Now I haz Blog!

6. - Top - End - #6
    Archmage in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Simth View Post
    Build a seed.

PURE AWESOME

Or whatever.
    That is the most entertaining thing I've seen in years.

LICH EATS VILLAGE!

KING MARRIES KING!

PRINCESS KIDNAPS DRAGON!

I'm stil laughing.

Well done.

You win one 3rd Edition.
    If you need me to address something as a moderator, please include a link.

Tarot-Mage-atar by Cuthalion, long may they reign.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

INFESTATION

Players are sent to investigate a mine that has been reporting some disturbances. Sent by some important fella. Upon arriving in the mine they find the complex deserted. Upon exploring the mine they find that the miners have been INFESTED by an unknown creature (*hint*headcrabs*hint*). Now they must find out if any of the miners survived, and find out excatly what the heck is going on.
    -Dom
    Last edited by 1dominator; 2008-03-30 at 07:53 PM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

One of your party members gets a letter from one of their family, saying that the characters younger sister has been kidnapped by a dragon in return for not razing the village this year. All physical and magical evidence indicate that the letter is genuine and written by the characters family member, but there is still one problem...you don't have a little sister.
    "Sometimes, we’re heroes. Sometimes, we shoot other people right in the face for money."

-Shadowrun 4e, Runner's Companion

9. - Top - End - #9
    Bugbear in the Playground

Your party is out of beer! What hilarious adventures await en route to the liquor store? Angry gnomes, you say? Oh, no!

-Make sure, no matter what, that they never make it there. They will move the earth to get there after a while.
    Last edited by streakster; 2008-03-30 at 09:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by true_shinken View Post
    Ya know, Strife, I'm really happy for you and I'mma let you finish, but streakster made one of the the best analogies of all time. Of all time.
    The perfect fighter fix.
    Hey, the magnificent Shades of gray made me the cool paladin! Give him a hand!
    From time to time, I vanish from the boards. Like Frosty, though, I'll be back again some day!

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by streakster View Post
    Your party is out of beer! What hilarious adventures await en route to the liquor store? Angry gnomes, you say? Oh, no!

-Make sure, no matter what, that they never make it there. They will move the earth to get there after a while.
    This is F hilarious!!! I have to run an entire campaign based on this...
    I WAS THERE
    Life is like a dungeon master, if it smiles at you, you just know that something terrible is about to happen

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins View Post
    Sane.... isn't the word I'd use with you, Coplantor. Or myself, in fact. With myself, I'd say obssessive. With you, I'd say.... Coplantor.

Now I haz deviant!
    The DnD Logic
    Now I haz Blog!