New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Bluff...

1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Default Bluff...

So I'm playing an invisible blade/rogue who relies on his bluff skill heavily in combat to get SA without flanking or other standard ways. I was wondering if anyone has any ideas to help me boost my bluff skill (Feats, Items, Spells) or other interesting uses/stories for the bluff skill. I can use most source books as my DM has most everything, but I'm not sure what I can limit it to until I can get it cleared by him.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Bluff...

A one level dip into the Exemplar prestige class gives you a +4 unnamed bonus to one skill of your choice as well as Skill Mastery. That may help :)

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

improved feint. doesn't work on all though...

4. - Top - End - #4

DwarfFighterGuy

Quote Originally Posted by riddles View Post
    improved feint. doesn't work on all though...
    Well the joy of the invisible blade is that you can feint as a free action anyway. I don't have my book but I believe the class gives you improved feint.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

First: Why do you need to boost it? What in the Nine Hells has a Sense Motive that matches any sort of decent bluff check?

Second: Circlet of persuasion
    Third: Flick of the Wrist (feat) is really nice, I think it's in CS
    Fourth: not that it works in this context, but Glibness is the most broken thing ever
    Fifth: not sure if it technically works, but it should, and I'd houserule it to give you a bonus at least: mirror image
    For people who enjoy reading or writing.

Spoiler
    Show

Awesome banner/avatar by El_Frenchie!

Play chess? Look me up! (bwaa)

Formerly known as lordhenry4000

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

A one level dip into the Exemplar prestige class gives you a +4 unnamed bonus to one skill of your choice as well as Skill Mastery. That may help :)
    Alas, no... It's a Competence bonus, the same type of bonus that's given by most spells and magic items which boost skills. It does, at least, work in an antimagic field, and some of the later options in the PrC depend on having Skill Artistry in a particular skill, so it's not useless.
    Time travels in divers paces with divers persons.
    As You Like It, III:ii:328

Chronos's Unalliterative Skillmonkey Guide
    Current Homebrew: 5th edition psionics

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

Complete Scoundrel had a few skill tricks(2 skill points spent to give you a benefit of some sort to a skill) that affected feinting. I recommend a look. Also, you won't ever run into anything that is better at Sense Motive than you are at Bluff, so why are you worried?
    [/sarcasm]
    FAQ is not RAW!
    Avatar by the incredible CrimsonAngel.
    Saph:It's surprising how many problems can be solved by one druid spell combined with enough aggression.
    I play primarily 3.5 D&D. Most of my advice will be based off of this. If my advice doesn't apply, specify a version in your post.

8. - Top - End - #8

DwarfFighterGuy

Quote Originally Posted by lordhenry4000 View Post
    First: Why do you need to boost it? What in the Nine Hells has a Sense Motive that matches any sort of decent bluff check?
    Because when using it in combat to feint my enemies can add their BAB to their sense motive. And I take penalties for feinting nonhumanoids and things with 1 or 2 int scores.